ADVERTISEMENT

San Domenico knocks off University

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
San Domenico (8-8) beat Unviersity (12-2) 56-46. After trailing 19-11 after the first quarter, San Domenico won Q2 17-4 to gain control of the game.

This shouldn't come as a surprise as San Dom has played a MUCH tougher schedule. Records only reflect only so much. you look at all of the D5 rankings and it's isane how much stronger SD's schedule is than other schools, especially those ranked ahead of them. Grats on a good win!

Reactions: ClayK
This was a poorly officiated game. It's sad that CIF allows the sections to hoard all of the competent officials for the boys games, our girls deserve better.

This was a poorly officiated game. It's sad that CIF allows the sections to hoard all of the competent officials for the boys games, our girls deserve better.
This you? So the boys refs are not any better according to this below....

This was a poorly officiated game. The referees showed clear favoritism from pregame warmups until the final buzzer, hopefully the CCS steps in and makes sure something like this is not allowed to happen again. Let the kids decide the game on the floor. That way Riordan probably still wins, but in a much closer game and without the cloud of controversy hanging over the outcome.

Reactions: GBBall4L
No one wants to play Mitty. Sue Phillips would happily play better teams, but they want no part of a blowout loss.

No one wants to play Mitty. Sue Phillips would happily play better teams, but they want no part of a blowout loss.
So Sue would have scheduled Sidwell and Luhi back to back in three days after a
Cross Country air flight… I don’t believe that for a second

Mitty is limited by school rules to one out-of-area trip per season. And you might have noticed Mitty did play LuHi.

Your dislike of Sue is so pointless, and it just shows your lack of understanding of the realities of high school basketball, or the details that interfere with your agenda.

I'm curious: Have you ever talked to Sue Phillips? Have you asked her about scheduling? Did you know about the school's restrictions?

Wait didn’t Sue travel out of the state once? You think Sue would talk to me… she wouldn’t waste her time… I know that

Mitty is limited to one trip a year. Sorry to have the facts interfere with your narrative.

And Sue Phillips is gracious and approachable. If you went to one of their games, you could probably introduce yourself during the JV game. Or I'll be happy to forward you her email and you can ask her these questions directly.

Mitty is limited by school rules to one out-of-area trip per season. And you might have noticed Mitty did play LuHi.

Your dislike of Sue is so pointless, and it just shows your lack of understanding of the realities of high school basketball, or the details that interfere with your agenda.

I'm curious: Have you ever talked to Sue Phillips? Have you asked her about scheduling? Did you know about the school's restrictions?
Mitty played in Arizona and Oregon this season. By my private school math education that adds up to 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Norcal_Fan
Got me on that one. Maybe I'm misremembering the conversation. Or maybe it's one trip while school is in session. I'm pretty sure there are limitations, though, which is true of most schools. Almost all out-of-state trips have to be approved by the school board.

Got me on that one. Maybe I'm misremembering the conversation. Or maybe it's one trip while school is in session. I'm pretty sure there are limitations, though, which is true of most schools. Almost all out-of-state trips have to be approved by the school board.
Private schools don't have school boards. Nice attempt at misinformation though.

Private schools do have school boards. I've worked at two, and in both cases, the board must sign off on trips.

The boards are not elected in the public school manner, but only in the rarest of cases do they not exist.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT