ADVERTISEMENT

Score updates

Great defensive game in Concord. Dls #11 is a best. Dls #14 balled out. Folsom run defense is legit. Thx to the coaches for putting this game together and good luck this rest of the year,, until you play my gboys of course.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Monte Vista 9
Granite Bay 3

Eureka 41
James Logan 20

SRV 56
Heritage 7

Las Lomas 12
Acalanes 7

Tennyson 58
Newark 0

Alameda 48
College Park 40

Golden Valley 11
Livermore 6

Pinole Valley 35
Hayward 28

Oakland Tech 18
Mt. Eden 7

Dublin 21
Castro Valley 0

Encinal 41
Washington 0

Granada 47
Irvington 0

Campo 35
Marin Catholic 21

Dougherty Valley 22
Concord 19

Kennedy-Richmond 46
Jesse Bethel 0

Miramonte 32
De Anza 20

Northgate 28
Hercules 8

Albany 20
Oakland Military Institute 13

Piedmont 28
Justin-Siena 7

San Leandro 51
Foothill 29

San Marin 46
Kennedy-Fremont 14

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacchiefs
Del Oro 49
Amador Valley 27

Antioch 24
Lincoln-Stockton 7

California School for the Deaf 54
Encina-Sacramento 20

Freedom 42
Turlock 35

Ygnacio Valley 26
Fremont-Oakland 20

Armijo 49
Mt. Diablo 6

Bradshaw Christian 36
Salesian 30

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Some Saturday Games:

Swett at Berean Christian, 1:30 p.m.

Berkeley at Redwood, 2 p.m.

St. Mary’s-Berkeley at Tamalpais, 2 p.m.

California vs. Spanish Springs-Sparks, Nevada, at South Tahoe, 6 p.m.

DO saw nuthin last night, amador valley terrible on defense, like steelin, jv woulda beat em on O, they aint gonna get away easy like that in da sfl, ok warmup suppose

Amador Valley is not a great EBAL team, or they wouldn’t be in the 2nd division with Livermore and Dougherty Valley. The only reason DO played them was that AV agreed to release DLS of their obligation in order for us all to get the DLS-Folsom match up we all wanted. No knock on DO, but they’ll be facing much stiffer competition in league play.

good to know observer, ya’ll av not good at all, trojan lover second guessin again, ya’ll watch dat Q last year and wasn’t good, DO won’t know until sfl, their preseason is lotta softies

good to know observer, ya’ll av not good at all, trojan lover second guessin again, ya’ll watch dat Q last year and wasn’t good, DO won’t know until sfl, their preseason is lotta softies

Looks like most of the TD passes were largely attributable to run after catch. But still, five TD passes equals the total thrown by the senior QB all of last season. D.O. had 20 TD passes in total last season. In one game, they threw five this year. I just think the 2019 kids should have played more last year. They are talented.

Reactions: smashmouthrick
senior last year was good, smart, no sacks, never got much playin time tho, da jr. always came in before half but not real good, ya’all must not seen a DO game, da throws against av were very short, and av defense was terrible, grandma wooda scored,not a good measurrin stick, they got some creampuffs next few games, so hopefully do good

Looks like most of the TD passes were largely attributable to run after catch. But still, five TD passes equals the total thrown by the senior QB all of last season. D.O. had 20 TD passes in total last season. In one game, they threw five this year. I just think the 2019 kids should have played more last year. They are talented.

Agreed. Those plays were designed for run after the catch because of the talent. Carson created at least one of those TD's with his feet. The one thing the casual observer may not know is his foot was pretty badly injured last season which limited his movement. He will be able to roll out and create with his feet better this season. He's also better at looking off his 1st option than he was last season (lots of work on the offseason) so I think we will see more of this type of performance this year, especially in the non-league options.

I think scheduling 'cupcakes', as Renegade pointed out, is not a bad strategy. League play will be very tough this year with no weeks off since Woodcreek and NU are gone. There are no breaks so league play will do all the coaches need to toughen them up for the playoffs....because the playoffs are all that matter in terms of goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: smashmouthrick
Ya’ll got me checkin stats,

and checl DO stats of 2015 state bowl won and only 18 TD passes all season, stats dont tell da story

Ya, well, I saw a few games. It did not look crisp and organized as those teams have looked in the past. Like they were all learning something new and were not good at it yet.

Reactions: RidgeRider
if his foot was badly injured why was he playin? excuses or poor coachin and ya exacty, new coach tried ta do too much, put in new O, not smooth, he still the head guy so on him, coach taylor always scheduled up, played big hitters every year and went far wen sfl was tuff, coach talyor went 4 state bowls by playin up, cupcakes give you good record but will catch up wen playin betta teams later, hipefully they’all do good this year, seems they got most talent ever

Ya, well, I saw a few games. It did not look crisp and organized as those teams have looked in the past. Like they were all learning something new and were not good at it yet.
The point you made was DO only threw 20 TDs. Actually that is a decent number, better than their 2015 State Bowl champion team as Renegade points out. The new guy rotated quarterbacks every quarter for like 7 games, it was such poor coaching. No QB can get a rhythm. The senior who would start, played well in the first quarter and would sit until the third quarter. The junior would play the 2nd quarter and come out. He even used a third QB at times, who is actually pretty good. It was just poor coaching on the new guy's part, seemed very indecisive. Were you at the Amador Valley game? Same story, sloppy. They got away with a lot because AV defense was so bad.

ya’ll puttin words in my mouth, just sayin poor coachin if injured player was playin with other players available, ya’ll ok puttin a player in harms way?

ridgerider ya’ll keep sayin i dont like da coach, not what i said, YOU said the Qs foot was “pretty badly injured last season” and I asked so why was he playin, if badly injured that is bad coaching when you got two other Qs who could go, why put a kid in harms way and dat is da truth! Then you say “if you are hurt you are injured”, not true, injured is injured and hurt is you can still play, all i can say is you like putting words in other mouths and if you dont like what you read you go on offensive, sheesh back at ya

There is a difference, if you are a player you probably have something that hurts, minor bruise and dings hurt. If you are injured, you can’t play, hence why it is called injury report not hurt report... semantics but there is a distinction

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT