ADVERTISEMENT

Sierra Canyon best team in the Country???

Basketballmathmatics23

Seasoned Veteran
May 15, 2018
Everyone coming back except Duane Washington. Adding 2 new 7 footers. California competition will be a joke. I see them as favorites for best team in the country.

Don't ever rule out Bishop Montgomery. They might not have the household names but I will take there style and play over just about anybody. They just win year in and out. The comp in that video was a joke but i guarantee you they will have there hands full with a few teams from SCAL.

Ok ok ok, when is LA Section, Southern Section and CIF State or whomever is running So Cal going to step up and call SC what it has now become...IMG west coast.. As a basketball junkie I say play ball, but to the hundreds of kids that have to play at their high school against this type of team is ridiculous. Unfortunately money talks and CIF can't afford to fight these battles.

I agree with En4cr.......It's just getting to a point now where Sierra Canyon should just schedule a national schedule and put themselves on the same level as Findlay, Oak Hill, etc.

At least Crossroads could give them a game last year because of Little O'Neal. Next season, I shutter to think what those "League" Games are going to be like for them.

Btw, their not the best team. Memphis East, formerly coached by Penny Hardaway will be. They have James Wiseman (No. 1 prospect in America), Chanler Lawson (47th prospect in America). Malcolm Dandrige their Center is also 3-stars and theyll be returning some promising Freshman.

Best Matchup in America next year would be if Sierra Canyon and Memphis East somehow met!

Programs like Sierra Canyon are a result of the "Open Era"/competitive "equity.

Other Southern California programs will adjust and load up.

Maybe Modesto Christian will be number 1 in the ............country... If they get the #1 Soph and #1 Jr in the country .....

Seems like not too long ago SC was just a elementary/ middle school. They’ve done a great job in building a program in a short time. Good success story.

Seems like not too long ago SC was just a elementary/ middle school. They’ve done a great job in building a program in a short time. Good success story.

At $35k + per year I don’t think you build a program, you assemble a group of top players, call the coach the greatest at x and o”s and crush the Valley Christian Boys Charter’s (example) by 60. Then quote in the paper we had a great shooting day.

Don’t remember anyone whining when they opened the high school, only now when they have had success in hoops. The school has been a destination in the SFV for long time.

Last edited:
Mater Dei beat Sierra Canyon last night
I saw parts of that game and plan on watching the whole thing at some point. MD didn't strike fear in me as a coach as far as their talent and athleticism, BUT they were very impressive in the parts of the game that I saw. Always well coached and played well together on both ends. Not saying they don't have talent, just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT