ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoffs....

Highlands is in. Every 6 team win team is in. Except Whitney of course of they win.

Imo, allowing the Ex-Whitney transfer QB to be cleared (now at Capital) on appeal (5th school in 4 years) and not allowing Whitney in is a joke. I understand the CIF has an extremly tough job when figuring out transfers but explanations or transparency is extremly important or rumors will fly.

I think the CIF should have to post their explanation on why or why not a player is cleared to play. It fells like not all schools are treated equal.

We had a kid who lost his chance to play his senior year because he was at a 2 previuos schools- playing Varsity at both schools. His frosh year (@ D7 school) he played Varsity sports (school only offered Varsity sports, he only played bball). To be honest he wouldnt have played much for us at all but it fells like their process is not an even playing field.

Lodi has to beat Tokay to qualify (Calpreps is predicting a 22-21 win), but will make it if they win.
Laguna Creek is likely to beat Johnson and will make the D2 bracket which will drop Antelope to D3.
I don't see Beyer making it all with their win opponent win totals.
Vanden will get the second AQ slot from the SCAC and should be in the D3 bracket.
Capital Christian should be in the D4 bracket. There is a provision in this year's playoffs where if a team is more than one bracket from their realignment bracket, then they will be moved up.
I think Woodland will beat Pioneer and make it into the D4 bracket. With both Woodland and CC in the D4 bracket, Dixon and Casa will move down to D5.
Highlands has to beat Bradshaw Christian to make the playoffs. Their opponent win totals is very low and they will not make it with 5 wins. Calpreps is calling this 44-22 for BC.

As the winner of the SDL, Bradshaw Christian will play in the D6 bracket (as you have them).
I will pick Tokay to beat Lodi. Lodi coaches don't want their players to get hurt (defense instructed to take a knee and let St. Mary's score at will). Neither team is truly worth of being in the playoffs (Tokay is mathematically out). But, at least Tokay will come to play.

If AC wins Friday they win league outright,if they lose, 3 way tie with Vanden and Benicia.AC and Benicia play Friday. AC beat Vanden, Vanden beat Benicia.
Being that Vanden beat Benecia by 45 points and then lost to AC I find it highly unlikely that Benecia even comes close in this game. Unless AC throws the game to avoid having to play in D3 for playoffs...;0)

Reactions: remc
Lodi has to beat Tokay to qualify (Calpreps is predicting a 22-21 win), but will make it if they win.
Laguna Creek is likely to beat Johnson and will make the D2 bracket which will drop Antelope to D3.
I don't see Beyer making it all with their win opponent win totals.
Vanden will get the second AQ slot from the SCAC and should be in the D3 bracket.
Capital Christian should be in the D4 bracket. There is a provision in this year's playoffs where if a team is more than one bracket from their realignment bracket, then they will be moved up.
I think Woodland will beat Pioneer and make it into the D4 bracket. With both Woodland and CC in the D4 bracket, Dixon and Casa will move down to D5.
Highlands has to beat Bradshaw Christian to make the playoffs. Their opponent win totals is very low and they will not make it with 5 wins. Calpreps is calling this 44-22 for BC.

As the winner of the SDL, Bradshaw Christian will play in the D6 bracket (as you have them).
Talked to Will DeBoard on Twitter and he said Capital Christian will not be moved. The verbage is confusing but division placement is based on current leagues and not the leagues teams will be in next year after realignment.

Reactions: CoachReber
Talked to Will DeBoard on Twitter and he said Capital Christian will not be moved. The verbage is confusing but division placement is based on current leagues and not the leagues teams will be in next year after realignment.

That is not the way the statement reads:

Divisions. The qualifying teams will be placed in divisions in order of enrollment size. However, schools may not play more than one division below their league placement in realignment. If a school’s enrollment places them in a division that is two or more divisions below its league placement in realignment, that school will be moved up at least one division for playoffs.

If they meant 'current division', then it seems really easy to just say that.

is it true league champs are not guaranteed a home game?

That is correct. There used to be a document on the SJS site that talked about the way they did the seedings. It said 'best effort' to get league champions at least one home game. It also had things like changing seedings to limit travel in the early rounds and avoiding league opponents from meeting in the first round.

That is not the way the statement reads:

Divisions. The qualifying teams will be placed in divisions in order of enrollment size. However, schools may not play more than one division below their league placement in realignment. If a school’s enrollment places them in a division that is two or more divisions below its league placement in realignment, that school will be moved up at least one division for playoffs.

If they meant 'current division', then it seems really easy to just say that.

This is based off the previous or current Reallingment not next year Reallingment. Remember they reclassifeid some leagues. Example,
TCC was a D3 league in the original reallingment (2014) but adjusted to D4 last year to allow 2 schools that lost big enrollemt numbers since 2014.

I will pick Tokay to beat Lodi. Lodi coaches don't want their players to get hurt (defense instructed to take a knee and let St. Mary's score at will). Neither team is truly worth of being in the playoffs (Tokay is mathematically out). But, at least Tokay will come to play.
Tokay 19 Lodi 14 final score. Lodi eliminated from the playoffs.

TCAL will be sending only St. Marys, Tracy, and Lincoln-Stockton to the SJS playoffs.

Wow D1 looks like it has the best teams
D2 looks like Del Oro should have it too hard to keep advancing maybe a rematch with Rocklin

Division 1
Top of bracket
#1 Folsom
#16 River City

#8 Tracy
#9 Turlock

#5 Vacaville
#12 Monterey Trail

#4 Jesuit
#13 Modesto

Bottom of bracket
#3 St. Mary’s
#14 Edison

#6 Sheldon
#11 Cosumnes Oaks

#7 Gregori
#11 Franklin-EG

#2 Oak Ridge
#15 Lincoln-Stockton

Last edited:
Division 2

Top of bracket
#1 Granite Bay
#16 Burbank

#8 Antelope
#9 Elk Grove

#5 Sacramento
#12 Wood

#4 Del Campo
#13 Buhach Colony

Bottom of bracket

#3 Central Catholic
#14 Stagg

#6 Rocklin
#11 Downey

#7 Del Oro
#10 Lincoln-L

#2 Inderkum
#15 Vintage

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Division 3
Top of bracket
#1 Oakdale
#16 McNair

#8 Yuba City
#9 Vanden

#5 Vista del Lago
#12 Cordova

#4 Patterson
#13 East Union

Bottom of bracket

#3 Christian Brothers
#14 Benicia

#6 Los Baños
#11 Rio Linda

#7 American Canyon
#10 River Valley

#2 Manteca
#15 Rio Americano

Division 4

#1 Placer
#8 Natomas

#4 El Dorado
#5 Woodland

#3 Center
#6 Dixon

#2 Casa Roble
#7 Union Mine

Division 5

#1 Sonora
#8 Highlands

#4 Orestimba
#5 Colfax

#3 Capital Christian
#6 Bear River

#2 Calaveras
#7 Ripon

Division 6

#1 Bradshaw Christian
#8 Western Sierra

#4 Modesto Christian
#5 Gustine

#3 Summerville
#6 Hilmar

#2 Escalon
#7 Mariposa

Division 7

#1 Rio Vista —BYE—

#4 Woodland Christian
#5 Big Valley Christian

#3 Stone Ridge Christian
#6 Brookside Christian

#2 Ripon Christian —BYE—

My playoff bracket winners.

D1 Folsom over St. Mary's
D2 Central Catholic over Del Campo
D3 Oakdale over Manteca
D4 Placer over Center
D5 Colfax over Calaveras
D6 Summerville over Bradshaw Christian
D7 Ripon Christian over Rio Vista

Wow, now I just have to figure out which will be the best game to attend in division 1 or 2?

To me IMO the only good ones could be Gregori vs Franklin and maybe Sheldon vs Cosumnes Oaks in Division one.

And in Division 2, I don’t really see any maybe only Rocklin vs Downey

Division 2

Top of bracket
#1 Granite Bay
#16 Burbank

#8 Antelope
#9 Elk Grove

#5 Sacramento
#12 Wood

#4 Del Campo
#13 Buhach Colony

Bottom of bracket

#3 Central Catholic
#14 Stagg

#6 Rocklin
#11 Downey

#7 Del Oro
#10 Lincoln-L

#2 Inderkum
#15 Vintage

If Wood did not lose Strong they wud have had an explosive Offense and that Game with Sacramento wud be a high scoring game. I dont think Sacramento will hold back

Del Campo - Sac High 2nd Round DII looms large. Like the winner over Granite Bay.

I went to DC and think a DC vs.GB would be a great 3rd round game. But, DC getting past Sac High and GB getting past Antelope/EG will not be easy. They also have very good teams and are very well coached. As far as GB vs.DC goes.. the competition in the SFL is a few steps up from the CVC. Whitney is the only comparison. DC won 30-17. GB won 24-10. So comparable wins. GB has home field and a lot more experience in the playoffs.
I want to enjoy the games as they come and If DC plays GB I'll be there for sure.

Last edited:
Wow, now I just have to figure out which will be the best game to attend in division 1 or 2?

Much better chance of finding a competitive game in D2 1st Rd. I think the #5,6,7 & 8 games could all be entertaining for more than a half.

D1 #3, St. Mary's-Stockton, played yesterday's game vs Edison with their 3rd string QB, #13 Hunter Low. # 8, Marcus Aponte, was injured (believe it is turf-toe) during the game vs Lincoln-Stockton last week and sat out most of the 2nd half vs Lincoln. Not certain when Marcus Aponte will return. Also, not certain if he returns, will he return at the QB position or the WR position. Hunter Low did not do too bad in his game vs Edison. He did have a couple of INT's, but outside of these turnovers, he looked pretty comfortable at the QB position and his passes, as few as he threw, were actually pretty nice. He also has no problem running the ball on designed keepers. Then again, Edison is not the same competition St. Mary's or Hunter will be seeing as the Rams venture deeper into the playoffs. The #3 seed for St. Mary's is appropriate. They may struggle if and when they face Oak Ridge (and likewise, Folsom), but it's one game at a time. Game vs Sheldon will present a challenge, as well. Calpreps has St. Mary's just a 1-point favorite projecting a score of St. Mary's 28 Sheldon 27 @ home.

The D2 San Joaquin teams for Nor Cal finalist are most likely C.C & G.B.
Who is the best team in the other sections to play against the SJS D2 Champion?

The only NCS D2 team that might compete is Campo and they are down this year with 4 losses, 3 of them to D3 teams. NCS D2 is a sad state of affairs.

No way! Granite Bay would lose to either Del Campo or Sacramento. I think the finals will be Del Campo against Central Catholic! Del Campo's lines are bigger than either Granite Bay's or Sacramento's and their skill player's have speed, something Granite Bay doesn't have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT