ADVERTISEMENT

Some Things You Might Want To Know About Gridley

Marcskit

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
Some things to know about Gridley,

This small town is located on Hwy 99, about 1 hour North of Sacramento.

During the Paradise fire, Gridley was host to the thousands of evacuees. It has now established a permanent home site for 225 or more families.

The Tournament is lovingly put on by the whole town, as a group effort. It is the biggest event of the year, aside from the annual Butte County Fair.

The basketball court is located inside Farmers Hall, which is part of the fair grounds. In fact during the annual Butte County Fair, boards are laid over the court, and they will have tractors roll in.
It ain’t called Farmers Hall for nothing:)

The seventy year old building has old wooden bleachers, just make yourself comfortable. You will find cheerful people, and lot’s of smiles and hello’s.

You can watch the streaming videos online, but you will miss out on the experience of being there.
You can get info at Gridleyinvitational.org

The tournament is anybody’s to win. Hell, even Gridley wins a game every- - - - - - - - --year’s or so:)

Here’s wishing you great hoops

For anybody that is a big time hoops fan it Is definitely a tournament you want to go see the way the whole community embraces
the players and really enjoy watching the teams play and getting to know the players
its something to see and experience.

Reactions: cherylbaustin
Yay!! Gridley!!

I'll be there, all three days. :)

Today's matchups:

4pm: Dublin vs. SPSPV. Speed vs. size? Maybe... SPSV's aircraft carrier, Dishon Jackson, can block or affect just about anything, and he'll probably get lots of chances to try to do that vs. Dublin's speedy back-cutting offense... Very interesting contrast of styles here. Can Jackson mess with Dublin's offense while managing to keep from foul-trouble jail? Can Dublin continue to fill it up from outside like I saw at Newark? Enquiring minds want to know...

5:30: Riordan vs. Capital Christian. I haven't seen CC play this season, but I did see them once over the summer. Very athletic, big and long. Also quite young, and with a new coaching staff. Lost to Vanden, but beat Salesian (with a couple guys still playing that other game with the funny-bouncing ball). Riordan is loaded and has possibly the best guard tandem in NorCal, but they haven't totally found their groove yet (tho they looked a lot better when beating Weston Ranch the other night).

7pm: Salesian vs. Gridley. Gridley is 5-0, but takes a gigantic step up the class ladder. I'm assuming Salesian's still short a couple football players, but it's not gonna matter... TONS of firepower coming from Richmond!

8:30 Campo vs. Weston Ranch. Battle of the Cougars! WR should have that "wounded, cornered animal" mentality going by now after their rough 0-3 start... Of course, I'm hoping Campo makes it even worse for them... (Big surprise, huh??)

Reactions: ayalar09
Yay!! Gridley!!

I'll be there, all three days. :)

Today's matchups:

4pm: Dublin vs. SPSPV. Speed vs. size? Maybe... SPSV's aircraft carrier, Dishon Jackson, can block or affect just about anything, and he'll probably get lots of chances to try to do that vs. Dublin's speedy back-cutting offense... Very interesting contrast of styles here. Can Jackson mess with Dublin's offense while managing to keep from foul-trouble jail? Can Dublin continue to fill it up from outside like I saw at Newark? Enquiring minds want to know...

5:30: Riordan vs. Capital Christian. I haven't seen CC play this season, but I did see them once over the summer. Very athletic, big and long. Also quite young, and with a new coaching staff. Lost to Vanden, but beat Salesian (with a couple guys still playing that other game with the funny-bouncing ball). Riordan is loaded and has possibly the best guard tandem in NorCal, but they haven't totally found their groove yet (tho they looked a lot better when beating Weston Ranch the other night).

7pm: Salesian vs. Gridley. Gridley is 5-0, but takes a gigantic step up the class ladder. I'm assuming Salesian's still short a couple football players, but it's not gonna matter... TONS of firepower coming from Richmond!

8:30 Campo vs. Weston Ranch. Battle of the Cougars! WR should have that "wounded, cornered animal" mentality going by now after their rough 0-3 start... Of course, I'm hoping Campo makes it even worse for them... (Big surprise, huh??)
Salesian doesn't have anyone playing football, must be injuries

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT