ADVERTISEMENT

St Joe Pilots take on Piedmont...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Big surprise, I am at a basketball game?!?!?! Go fig...:)

I’m at St. Joe’s, where my Pilots take in what appears to be a solid Piedmont team. Pilots are 8-6 vs their usual tough schedule while the Highlanders are 10-4 against a sled not rated nearly as high.

However, Piedmont beat Alameda in their opener, and the Pilots list to them a couple weeks later.

Both teams lost at O’Dowd, but the Pilots loss was a nail biter and the Highlanders lost by 16.

The pilots hold a very slight edge in the MaxPreps rankings.... very slight.

Just about to tip.

Pilots come back to take a 12-11 lead with 3:23 left in the 1st... Julian Vaughns has 9 for the Pilots... and an assist.

Vaughns just got sick on the floor... Ewwww. He’s off to the locker room. 20-16 Pilots, 6:10 left in 2nd.

Tyler Woods banks in a half court running heave at the buzzer!

32-24 Pilots at the half.

Piedmont throws a bad pass... and Vaughns hits one from Fremont! And then Piedmont turns it over again... Pilots ball up 46-43 with 1:44 left.

Pilots lose it... Piedmont gets it stolen again and Vaughns jams it home!! Aaaaaaand, gets a T for a rim pull-up. 48-43 Pilots with 1:01 left... Piedmont sinks both ft’s and gets the ball... Time out with still 1:01 left. 48-45 Pilots.

Piedmont takes a 3 to tie, but misses... Pilot rebound. 2ft’s... 1 for 2

Piedmont turns it over! Pilots ball , but they turn it back over... 30 secs left... Piedmont misses a 3, Pilots rebound and score on a runout... 51-47 with 7 secs left... Piedmont gets fouled and sinks 2 a ft... 51-48, pilots ball 7 secs left...

Foul, Pilot at line for 2. Both good, 53-48. Piedmont races down and nails a 3... time out, Pilots ball, 2secs left...

Immediate foul, Pilot sinks one of two... 54-51... Desperate heave at buzzers falls way short... PILOTS WIN! 54-51 final. Off to ice down my texting fingers ... good night now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT