ADVERTISEMENT

St Mary's Berkeley Vs. Salesian

jbvilla

Rookie
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2014
SMB & Salesian are still a force in D4 and will be for the next few years. SM had a resounding victory tonight. 81-50. SM handled the bigs with no problem and they hit several threes to top it off. They will meet for the 4th time this season. May the best team win!

Hats off to the the Role Players!!

This post was edited on 3/5 5:25 AM by jbvilla

Balanced Attack for SMB

Villa - 17pts
Mosley - 14pts
Thompson - 14pts --------- 4 big 3 pointers
Ybarra-Harvey - 13pts
Chinn - 11pts ---------------- 3 big 3 pointers
Gill - 6pts
Smith - 6pts

This post was edited on 3/5 5:37 AM by jbvilla

jbvilla -

Congratulations to your daughter for being the high point scorer. Good luck against Salesian. The last 8 games these 2 teams have played have been great.

Thanks Winetot. Really proud of her. First year on Varsity. She is starting to play her game. When her confidence is high she can be something to watch.

Well,we`re fast approaching round 4 between these two.Might be too close to call,but Im going with SMB.After beating Salesian in their league title game they seem to really be gaining momentum.Their confidence is soaring right now.And they KNOW they can beat Salesian.I think they feel totally confident.

Was thinking about this game today. And, these girls have improved so much and their confidence is evident. The SM Coaches really love these girls and the girls love these coaches. They are playing really hard for the school and the coaches. And number #1 they are having fun. Tried to get my daughter to take a trip to visit some schools and she refused because she said Coach Fripp would not let her play if she missed school. I really love the dedication. I know a few girls on Salesian and they are great players so this game can go either way. The Moore Determination is real!!!!

Should be a great game. Two very talented teams with lots of quality players. Both teams will be dangerous going forward.

Northday

I told Salesian too SMB light the last time but I think SMB is out of the talks about the open losing by 16 ? D4 is going to be a strong division in Norcal with SMB, CN, Brookside, and Bradshaw

Originally posted by SmoothJay:
Salesian 56 SMB 40

Salesian led 11-0 to start game. Led wire to wire.
I guess Mosely (17pt 20rb) and role players couldn't get it done.
wink.r191677.gif
But still a terrific season and look forward to see them in the D-4 brackets.

Wow,congrats to Salesian,surprised by that score.From earlier posts sounds like Salesian came out firing on all cylinders

Originally posted by dilbertw:

Originally posted by SmoothJay:
Salesian 56 SMB 40

Salesian led 11-0 to start game. Led wire to wire.
But still a terrific season and look forward to see them in the D-4 brackets.
You gotsa to be kidding SMB in the open Division? Are schools allowed to make a case to be in the open or not be in the open?

You can petition up not petition out
If they want you, and fit the inconsistent criteria
Then you're in

Not surprised by the outcome after watching the first 5 minutes of the game. Salesian got out on us early. And they pretty much held on to that margin for the entire game. Didn't pull away, didn't give up the lead. But we got outworked on the boards that night. There is a saying, "FNL". Freethrows and layups. Salesian was better with both.

It was good for the youngins in the crowd to see. There were a half dozen there that want to be in red and white in 1.5 years. I kept whispering, "You see the problem?" The answer was, "I know, I know..." LOL

Its a great rivalry that will continue for years to come. I had my time. Now its almost time for the babies to step up.
This post was edited on 3/10 12:48 AM by Ballaz28

It was a great game...the 'healthy' rivalry between Salesian and SMB is good for girl's basketball. Moore and Chinn are great friends off the court and a testament to being able to compete between the lines and still walk off the court after the buzzer rings, still be friends, and decide where to eat next. That starts from home and is the piece that's often missing from girl's basketball...our young girls need to learn how to enjoy the competition and support the success of fellow competitors. None of our players are getting any older or younger than their current competition. At some point, they will continue to play against or even with those they compete against now. Everyone should be able to walk off the court and at least be cordial. I enjoy supporting female student athletes and I find happiness in seeing each find success and the opportunity to receive an education by participating in a sport they love. Good luck to all in the remaining post season.

Quite honestly, I think friendly competition and leaving it between the lines is very typical among the girls who play high school sports. I think it's mostly the parents and to a lesser degree the coaches who let things fester after the games are over.

@NorCalFuture- I really enjoyed your post. It provides a healthy perspective that we need more of on this site. Thanks for sharing.

We are an SMB family. I'm a grad and my younger two will be there soon. So I had to laugh at my daughter after the game. She was telling me how easy it is to root against Salesian (because of me) but how hard it is to root against some of the girls because they play for us (CaBallaz) and she looks up to the high school girls. Then she realized that she will be playing against some of her current AAU teammates and possibly playing with some of the opponents that we have battled tough over the last few years. She finally came to the realization that, "I'm just gonna play hard and try to beat everybody. I can't keep up with this stuff."

LOL!!! Figured it out in about 5 minutes and I didn't have to say a word.

Ballaz28, that was my kid a couple of years ago. She had/ has friends on almost every team, knew she would have to battle against them one day. When they get to high school, they change. They come to battle every team, no matter the opponent, friendships go out the door. After the game they pick up where they left off, hugging and laughing like nothing happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT