ADVERTISEMENT

Sutter Vs Half Moon Bay

Sutter seems to have made adjustments to the HMB defense. Now moving into the red zone.

Sutter settles for a field goal attempt but HMB blocks the kick.

Sutter finally gets on the board in the 3rd Q. They have a lot of work ahead of them. 21-7.

Just saw the score of this game. I don't know a thing about HMB, but still a bit surprised based upon the comments from others I read all week long.

Is HMB that good or is Sutter just underperfoming?

HMB is playing exceptional ball this year - far better than any other year. But I didn't know they were effectively playing smashmouth offense.. Sutter, on the other hand, is not as good as last year. But I couldn't tell you if Sutter is off on this game. I guess is, aside from a few mistakes they are playing up to par.

Last edited:
I got to give it up to HMB those kids play hard i'm shocked that with all the blowouts Sutter had this year they couldn't muster more offense.Several key mistakes,fumbles,blocked fg's,blocked punts in their end zone but hey it happens.The better team definitely won tonite....Good luck to HMB in state....they will rep NorCal well.

Reactions: GLeague
HMB line gave Sutter fits in the 1st half and HMB QB played great - too much balance. HMB defense really stepped it up as well. Sutter offense looked a little better later in game but they couldn't punch it in on one in the first half. HMB was better team.

Reactions: GLeague
Did Sutter complete even one pass tonight? Very one-dimensional ball club. HMB, as always, made important plays, some of them subtle, when they had to. It looked like Sutter was surprised by what they were facing. Again, HMB's players may not look like much getting off the bus and during warmups, but the game is an entirely different enchilada for them.

Reactions: GOTF and GLeague
BTW there no room on the HMB bus for you. Jump off once you miss the bus for good.....

Good. As much as I dont care for HMB, I cant stand some of the circle jerks that go on around here surrounding some programs. Sutter is one of them. Great program? Sure. Stop overlooking the PAL though.

Sutter let me down. The better team won tonight for sure. HMB is 2 legit 2 quit. Sutter as you say, not so much. HMB has something special going on over there. Good luck to them in the State Championship.
I haven't been on the blogs in awhile just recently came on and put in my non important two cents,and it seems that things haven't changed THAT much.Many of us all have teams that we truly support in my case it is the Placer Hillmen.We make predictions and give our input as to who may win and why and predict a final score in a game NONE of us have any control over,but if anyone here does please let me know because i would love a piece of that action,with that said I truly don't see any reason to be taunting another blogger to present him or herself simply because they may have gone in a different direction than you as far as teams are concerned......these are just talking points and insights!Now that I have said that.... I want all of you to cheer and support my Placer Hillmen......lol(that was meant to be funny)and HMB Cougars,Pittsburgh,Folsom,Shasta and all the NorCal teams repping for us not only at Sac St but in SoCal next week ok?All of us have good info and dissected insights into what may,could and possibly happen to determine a specific games outcome,I may not BUT all of you do ........please don't stop I value all your thoughts and predictions.Especially from some like ThunderRam he is at the top of my list as are others that have spot on info on games and matters.i guess what I'm trying to say is...Stop taking jabs and taunting others for simply going in a different direction than you.....that's all.And yes FJ101 is also on my list of favorites as is GOTF as long as they cheer on my Hillmen,lol(cmon now that was funny)let's just all get along......love The Champ!

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Sutter let me down. The better team won tonight for sure. HMB is 2 legit 2 quit. Sutter as you say, not so much. HMB has something special going on over there. Good luck to them in the State Championship.
I haven't been on the blogs in awhile just recently came on and put in my non important two cents,and it seems that things haven't changed THAT much.Many of us all have teams that we truly support in my case it is the Placer Hillmen.We make predictions and give our input as to who may win and why and predict a final score in a game NONE of us have any control over,but if anyone here does please let me know because i would love a piece of that action,with that said I truly don't see any reason to be taunting another blogger to present him or herself simply because they may have gone in a different direction than you as far as teams are concerned......these are just talking points and insights!Now that I have said that.... I want all of you to cheer and support my Placer Hillmen......lol(that was meant to be funny)and HMB Cougars,Pittsburgh,Folsom,Shasta and all the NorCal teams repping for us in SoCal next week ok?All of us have good info and dissected insights into what may,could and possibly happen to determine a specific games outcome,I may not BUT all of you do ........please don't stop I value all your thoughts and predictions.Especially from some like ThunderRam he is at the top of my list as are others that have spot on info on games and matters.i guess what I'm trying to say is...Stop taking jabs and taunting others for simply going in a different direction than you.....that's all.And yes FJ101 is also on my list of favorites as is GOTF as long as they cheer on my Hillmen,lol(cmon now that was funny)let's just all get along......love The Champ!
Now that we have gotten through sectionals and regionals, I'm fully on board with supporting all NorCal teams... And yes even Placer :) . With a small number of exceptions though, SoCal has the upper hand according to Calpreps. So NorCal teams need to play as never before. Since this is a HMB thread, I hope the Cougars continue their dream season all the way to the end!

All this Sutter vs HMB stuff was all good but I also need to ask as did ThunderRam...Is HMB truly that good or did Sutter simply have a bad nite?I expected more from Sutter after hearing from big time husky supporters how good they are.Sutter plays in NS and compete and beat up the Wheatlands,Orlands,El Molino's ,teams that are rarely on these blogs and talked about.Sutter has won 4 section titles in a row 12 or 13 overall something like that.....so I to chose them to defeat HMB after all the blowouts and dominant performances they have yr in and yr out.Sutter needs to get out of NS and into SJS they border next to Yuba City and River Valley two schools in the SJS.We would get a better gauge on the husky's if that were to happen.As I said I expected more from Sutter last nite and that didn't happen,now was it them or was it HMB?Sutter fumbled threw Int had punt blocked in their end zone,not a good nite for them BUT HMB showed they are LEGIT and deserving of their state bowl birth......best of luck to HMB in state well deserved,they were the better team last nite.

One point of clarification: The beauty of last night's Sutter vs. HMB public-school contest was the atmosphere, the communities involved and the nature of small-school prep football.

Those two teams are not hand-picked, select outfits. They are not Mater Dei and DLS. The Sutter and HMB rosters are comprised of, by and large, hometown kids. They have grown up knowing one another. They didn't filter into their schools from far-off cities that have no relationship whatsoever with their academic institutions.

Some of the players represent a second or third generation on their teams. HMB's football/soccer facility, recently renovated and upgraded, was filled to overflowing last night. The crowd estimate was somewhere around 3,000 or so. Extra visiting bleachers had been rented.

Earlier, I erred unfairly. I used the phrase "one dimensional" for Sutter's offense. Of course, it was limited. Of course, it was flawed. Sutter isn't St. John Bosco or St. Francis. Sutter takes what it gets in terms of athletes. So does HMB which happens to be just less-flawed than Sutter this year.

There weren't a lot big-time scholarship kids on that field Saturday (although that HMB kicker is something else). Recruiters from USC, Alabama and Notre Dame probably weren't in attendance. And that's fine.

The CIF, say what you will about it, has done the right thing, for the most part. It has tried to provide the state's many and varied high schools with a somewhat level football playing field. The myriad of divisions is CIF's attempt to do that. Sutter vs. HMB filled that bill nicely.

For fans of Sutter, it should be noted that 2017 is HMB's shining hour. It is clearly the school's best football team ever. And it is utterly dominated by seniors. Next year will be an entirely different story. Don't expect to see the Cougars, a limited-roster program even in the best of times, playing at a state level in 2018. Not even close. This is their finest moment.

Sutter, on the other hand, has a much stronger record of consistency. And for that they deserve a lot of credit. They happened to run into a once-in-a-lifetime outfit that's firing on all cylinders right now.

Last edited:
Sutter is an outstanding program but you give them to much credit as a small town school. It is will known in the BVL, Yuba City, and Marysville that they get student athletes from other schools. It is the dream of a lot dad’s and their sons to play on Sutters team. All the schools in the area lose athletes that would help their team win. Sutter has had players from Yuba, River Valley, Gridley, and Wheatland throughout the years of all their championships.

Good. As much as I dont care for HMB, I cant stand some of the circle jerks that go on around here surrounding some programs. Sutter is one of them. Great program? Sure. Stop overlooking the PAL though.

Just curious, who over-hypes Sutter? I know @farmair3 is a Sutter guy/coach that always shows up to represent the program. But I don't recall seeing what you're describing re: Sutter.

Reactions: championcif75
I haven't been on the blogs in awhile just recently came on and put in my non important two cents,and it seems that things haven't changed THAT much.Many of us all have teams that we truly support in my case it is the Placer Hillmen.We make predictions and give our input as to who may win and why and predict a final score in a game NONE of us have any control over,but if anyone here does please let me know because i would love a piece of that action,with that said I truly don't see any reason to be taunting another blogger to present him or herself simply because they may have gone in a different direction than you as far as teams are concerned......these are just talking points and insights!Now that I have said that.... I want all of you to cheer and support my Placer Hillmen......lol(that was meant to be funny)and HMB Cougars,Pittsburgh,Folsom,Shasta and all the NorCal teams repping for us not only at Sac St but in SoCal next week ok?All of us have good info and dissected insights into what may,could and possibly happen to determine a specific games outcome,I may not BUT all of you do ........please don't stop I value all your thoughts and predictions.Especially from some like ThunderRam he is at the top of my list as are others that have spot on info on games and matters.i guess what I'm trying to say is...Stop taking jabs and taunting others for simply going in a different direction than you.....that's all.And yes FJ101 is also on my list of favorites as is GOTF as long as they cheer on my Hillmen,lol(cmon now that was funny)let's just all get along......love The Champ!
Solid post Champ. I'm not concerned about the CCS guys that are showing their anger towards me for going in a different direction. Just as I wasn't concerned when I went in a different direction than your championship Hillmen team. It's part of the territory or better yet the nature of the beast in which I have a backbone strong enough to take all shots. And I'm big enough or man enough to come on here and say I was wrong. Furthermore, I'm on record going with 4 of the 5 CCS teams in their respected playoff games. That's Serra, Milpitas, St. Francis and Salinas. So none of these CCS guys that's throwing shade my way can say I'm bias and have no love for the CCS. They can never, ever say that and if they do they lying! The CCS teams went 4-5 and I went 3-2 within the CCS. Not great but not bad as deep as we are in the playoffs. Remember these are not first round games we're breaking down and predicting to win here. These are the best of the best teams. However if I may say, HMB is better than they look on film and Sutter has been exposed as the total opposite. So yes, I went by what I saw on film when predicting that game and I was wrong. I went by score comparison with your Hillmen team and I was wrong there as well. But I've been more right than wrong for what that's worth. In closing, The Junkie will not be jumping on anyone's team (bandwagon) because that's not his style. The Junkie is a straight shooter and will tell it the way he see's it wrong or right. The Junkie will pull for all NorCal teams to win but that doesn't mean the Junkie will project that. What the Junkie projects comes strictly from his research, gut feelings and his heart. If I was to go by feelings alone I would have picked Central over Folsom since I have serious ties to the Central program. With that being said, I'm rooting for McClymonds, Galileo, Half Moon Bay, Placer, Folsom, De La Salle, Pittsburg, Serra, Shasta, St. Francis, Strathmore, Fortuna and Milpitas to come home with championship status. Some of these teams will be the underdog and if I chose to go with the favorite in my prediction that doesn't mean I don't want the underdog team to win. Just making sure we're straight here. So, good luck to all NorCal teams against their SoCal opponent. I'm pulling for you no matter what my prediction may be.

"The Junkie"

Last edited:
Reactions: championcif75
One point of clarification: The beauty of last night's Sutter vs. HMB public-school contest was the atmosphere, the communities involved and the nature of small-school prep football.

Those two teams are not hand-picked, select outfits. They are not Mater Dei and DLS. The Sutter and HMB rosters are comprised of, by and large, hometown kids. They have grown up knowing one another. They didn't filter into their schools from far-off cities that have no relationship whatsoever with their academic institutions.

Some of the players represent a second or third generation on their teams. HMB's football/soccer facility, recently renovated and upgraded, was filled to overflowing last night. The crowd estimate was somewhere around 3,000 or so. Extra visiting bleachers had been rented.

Earlier, I erred unfairly. I used the phrase "one dimensional" for Sutter's offense. Of course, it was limited. Of course, it was flawed. Sutter isn't St. John Bosco or St. Francis. Sutter takes what it gets in terms of athletes. So does HMB which happens to be just less-flawed than Sutter this year.

There weren't a lot big-time scholarship kids on that field Saturday (although that HMB kicker is something else). Recruiters from USC, Alabama and Notre Dame probably weren't in attendance. And that's fine.

The CIF, say what you will about it, has done the right thing, for the most part. It has tried to provide the state's many and varied high schools with a somewhat level football playing field. The myriad of divisions is CIF's attempt to do that. Sutter vs. HMB filled that bill nicely.

For fans of Sutter, it should be noted that 2017 is HMB's shining hour. It is clearly the school's best football team ever. And it is utterly dominated by seniors. Next year will be an entirely different story. Don't expect to see the Cougars, a limited-roster program even in the best of times, playing at a state level in 2018. Not even close. This is their finest moment.

Sutter, on the other hand, has a much stronger record of consistency. And for that they deserve a lot of credit. They happened to run into a once-in-a-lifetime outfit that's firing on all cylinders right now.
colhenrylives, don't know what happened to your font size but that was a very good post. Keep doing what you're doing.

"The Junkie"

Solid post Champ. I'm not concerned about the CCS guys that are showing their anger towards me for going in a different direction. Just as I wasn't concerned when I went in a different direction than your championship Hillmen team. It's part of the territory or better yet the nature of the beast in which I have a backbone strong enough to take all shots. And I'm big enough or man enough to come on here and say I was wrong. Furthermore, I'm on record going with 4 of the 5 CCS teams in their respected playoff games. That's Serra, Milpitas, St. Francis and Salinas. So none of these CCS guys that's throwing shade my way can say I'm bias and have no love for the CCS. They can never, ever say that and if they do they lying! The CCS teams went 4-5 and I went 3-2 within the CCS. Not great but not bad as deep as we are in the playoffs. Remember these are not first round games we're breaking down and predicting to win here. These are the best of the best teams. However if I may say, HMB is better than they look on film and Sutter has been exposed as the total opposite. So yes, I went by what I saw on film when predicting that game and I was wrong. I went by score comparison with your Hillmen team and I was wrong there as well. But I've been more right than wrong for what that's worth. In closing, The Junkie will not be jumping on anyone's team (bandwagon) because that's not his style. The Junkie is a straight shooter and will tell it the way he see's it wrong or right. The Junkie will pull for all NorCal teams to win but that doesn't mean the Junkie will project that. What the Junkie projects comes strictly from his research, gut feelings and his heart. If I was to go by feelings alone I would have picked Central over Folsom since I have serious ties to the Central program. With that being said, I'm rooting for Half Moon Bay, Placer, Folsom, De La Salle, Pittsburg, Serra, Shasta, St. Francis, Strathmore, Fortuna and Milpitas to come home with championship status. Some of these teams will be the underdog and just because I go with the favorite in my prediction doesn't mean I don't want the underdog team to win. Just making sure we're straight here. So, good luck to all NorCal teams against their SoCal opponent. I'm pulling for you no matter what my prediction may be.

"The Junkie"
Fantastic.........Go NoCal!

I will not discredit what HMB did last night. They were the better team on Sat night and are moving on. The best of luck to HMB. For Sutter, there is always next year. My hat is off to the community of HMB!! It was a great atmosphere and they were very gracious hosts!! God Bless all and Happy Holidays.

So what your saying is; you have an excuse but you don’t want to look like a whiner and give it! And you are right there is always next year because Sutter will reload and most likely win the BVL and section.

So what your saying is; you have an excuse but you don’t want to look like a whiner and give it! And you are right there is always next year because Sutter will reload and most likely win the BVL and section.
Absolutely no excuses!! This was the game and the team Sutter should have been playing in and they did not get it done. Again best of luck to HMB. One thing I will always be is real. 2 teams showed up, 1 team moved on and there really is not much left to say. Go get em Cougars!!

Absolutely no excuses!! This was the game and the team Sutter should have been playing in and they did not get it done. Again best of luck to HMB. One thing I will always be is real. 2 teams showed up, 1 team moved on and there really is not much left to say. Go get em Cougars!!
Well said Farmair3....very well said!

Sutter is an outstanding program but you give them to much credit as a small town school. It is will known in the BVL, Yuba City, and Marysville that they get student athletes from other schools. It is the dream of a lot dad’s and their sons to play on Sutters team. All the schools in the area lose athletes that would help their team win. Sutter has had players from Yuba, River Valley, Gridley, and Wheatland throughout the years of all their championships.
While that may be true, most of those players they get from Yuba City area play in the Jr program, so they may live in YC but they are Sutter's players.

Just because you play in the junior doesn’t mean you are a Sutter player. Sutter should have players from Sutter not Yuba or any other school or city. It would make the BVL a better and more competive league if Sutter didn’t recruit players. Before River Valley I maybe see some Yuba City players but now it’s just Sutter dominating by recruiting kids from other areas.

Just because you play in the junior doesn’t mean you are a Sutter player. Sutter should have players from Sutter not Yuba or any other school or city. It would make the BVL a better and more competive league if Sutter didn’t recruit players. Before River Valley I maybe see some Yuba City players but now it’s just Sutter dominating by recruiting kids from other areas.
So you are calling out Sutter for cheating. Please take your evidence and report them to the CIF.

If your parents played for Sutter and you played in the Jr level for Sutter and Sutter HS has open enrollment that allows you to come to Sutter why would you not, its not recruiting. Those students are Huskies no matter where they live.

The same thing happens at EN getting players from Rio Linda/Elverta and Wheatland. From the time they could walk they have dreamed of playing for the Spartans. There is no recruiting going on. Its generational and cultural.

You are right East Nicolaus wouldn’t win as much if the didn’t take students away from Plumas Lake that are in Wheatlands District. East Nicolaus takes so many out district students every year and when they choose them I’m sure athletes it could chosen also. Nobody dreams of being a Spartan, and if they do then they most likely will be talking about how they were state champs in the local bar when they are 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and so on until they die. Give me a break, how bout have kids go to the school that is in their district. Not go to a school just to win a trophy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT