ADVERTISEMENT

Sutter Vs Half Moon Bay

You are right East Nicolaus wouldn’t win as much if the didn’t take students away from Plumas Lake that are in Wheatlands District. East Nicolaus takes so many out district students every year and when they choose them I’m sure athletes it could chosen also. Nobody dreams of being a Spartan, and if they do then they most likely will be talking about how they were state champs in the local bar when they are 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and so on until they die. Give me a break, how bout have kids go to the school that is in their district. Not go to a school just to win a trophy!
It's not East Nicolaus' fault that no one wants to go to Wheatland or Rio Linda. And like I said, most of those transfer students parents went to EN, its just that there are no houses being built in EN so they move to Plumas Lake or Rio Linda/Elverta. And EN doesn't choose it's transfers based on sports, it only accepts honor roll students, which is why the Varsity football team this year is comprised of all Honor Roll students and most of them are Principal list as well.

I'm not sure what you have against Sutter and EN, but you obviously must have wanted to go to one of those and are so upset about it that you had a terrible high school experience and want the same for everybody else.

So you are calling out Sutter for cheating. Please take your evidence and report them to the CIF

I didn’t say cheat! Sutter has players from other areas not just the town of Sutter. Everyone Thinks this is a small town team that has these players from the town and that’s just not a fact. The BVL is made up of small town teams and Sutter gets players from Yuba in which let’s them have an advantage over teams in the league. No other team in the league has the amount players as Sutter so during the season it is an advantage for them. They have no two players where most team have 5 or 6 two way guys along with some guys that play both offense and defense and special teams. That to me is BS, call it what you want but it’s not competive and that’s what high schools sports should be.

It's not East Nicolaus' fault that no one wants to go to Wheatland or Rio Linda. And like I said, most of those transfer students parents went to EN, its just that there are no houses being built in EN so they move to Plumas Lake or Rio Linda/Elverta. And EN doesn't choose it's transfers based on sports, it only accepts honor roll students, which is why the Varsity football team this year is comprised of all Honor Roll students and most of them are Principal list as well.

I'm not sure what you have against Sutter and EN, but you obviously must have wanted to go to one of those and are so upset about it that you had a terrible high school experience and want the same for everybody else.
I thought it was obvious, they take student athletes from other schools and then pretend that they have built their team with homegrown talent which is not true. And most people in Plumas did not go to EN. And that’s a fact.

I didn’t say cheat! Sutter has players from other areas not just the town of Sutter. Everyone Thinks this is a small town team that has these players from the town and that’s just not a fact. The BVL is made up of small town teams and Sutter gets players from Yuba in which let’s them have an advantage over teams in the league. No other team in the league has the amount players as Sutter so during the season it is an advantage for them. They have no two players where most team have 5 or 6 two way guys along with some guys that play both offense and defense and special teams. That to me is BS, call it what you want but it’s not competive and that’s what high schools sports should be.

You did not write the word cheat, but you claimed that they cheat by your words.
"It would make the BVL a better and more competive league if Sutter didn’t recruit players. Before River Valley I maybe see some Yuba City players but now it’s just Sutter dominating by recruiting kids from other areas."
Recruiting is not allowed. Look at CIF rules Bylaws 510 on Undue Influence. If what you write is true, it is called cheating!

When areas have open enrollment, it is not uncommon for athletic kids to want to go to the best programs. That is not recruiting. It is the kids and their parents wanting to enroll at that school. Good programs attract talent. Should that school do anything to lure, give preferential treatment, etc to athletes they would be in violation of CIF rules.

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
I thought it was obvious, they take student athletes from other schools and then pretend that they have built their team with homegrown talent which is not true. And most people in Plumas did not go to EN. And that’s a fact.
Well, if they come up thru the Jr program, that's is homegrown.

And I never said that most people in Plumas went to EN, just the 50+ students who transfer to EN. And most of those transfers had already been attending EN from Rio Linda/Elverta before moving to Plumas Lake, so they wouldn't be going to Wheatland anyway.

Not so sure about the "not our fault nobody wants to go to RL or Wheatland" comment, RL has done well for itself for a couple of decades, but whatever. I have the luxury of seeing this from a number of angles. I live in Plumas Lake and my wife teaches at the local Jr High, they see a handful of kids go to EN. My son plays for the Wheatland Jr Pirates PeeWees, so I hear some of the rumors over there. I am also the HC at Rio Linda. I will speak for Rio Linda, since that's all that matters here. We have NEVER lost sleep over ANY kid going to EN. It's always the same kind of kid. We are separated by 20 or so miles, I don't see EN coaches on the RL side of town nor have I ever asked a EN kid to play for RL. As long as that stays the same, there is zero relationship between the schools, which is how it should be. Two different worlds.

Reactions: observer22
Undue influence is hard to prove. In the last 12 years that I have lived, taught and coached in the area I have seen athletes go to Sutter that live in other areas and I feel it is an unfair advantage. Don’t pretend to be a small town school when you are plucking other athletes from other schools. My opinion!

Not so sure about the "not our fault nobody wants to go to RL or Wheatland" comment, RL has done well for itself for a couple of decades, but whatever. I have the luxury of seeing this from a number of angles. I live in Plumas Lake and my wife teaches at the local Jr High, they see a handful of kids go to EN. My son plays for the Wheatland Jr Pirates PeeWees, so I hear some of the rumors over there. I am also the HC at Rio Linda. I will speak for Rio Linda, since that's all that matters here. We have NEVER lost sleep over ANY kid going to EN. It's always the same kind of kid. We are separated by 20 or so miles, I don't see EN coaches on the RL side of town nor have I ever asked a EN kid to play for RL. As long as that stays the same, there is zero relationship between the schools, which is how it should be. Two different worlds.

I agree and I don’t think it’s the coaches or anyone at the school. It’s the parents and you can’t stop parents living through their kids. All I’m saying is don’t pretend that you are this small town with players from your town when in reality most of them don’t even live in the area.

Well, if they come up thru the Jr program, that's is homegrown.

And I never said that most people in Plumas went to EN, just the 50+ students who transfer to EN. And most of those transfers had already been attending EN from Rio Linda/Elverta before moving to Plumas Lake, so they wouldn't be going to Wheatland anyway.

If you live in Plumas Lake you are in Wheatland High school district and you apply for an out of district with EN. So yes they would be going to Wheatland.

Not so sure about the "not our fault nobody wants to go to RL or Wheatland"

I apologize for that comment. It's not what I meant, like you said its two different worlds. The kids that are going to EN have almost always wanted to go to EN, not just for sports.

If you live in Plumas Lake you are in Wheatland High school district and you apply for an out of district with EN. So yes they would be going to Wheatland.
They wouldn't have moved to Plumas Lake from RL/E if they couldn't send their kids to EN, so they wouldn't be going to Wheatland.

You are correct about the parents. EN offers a few things that RL does not. First, it's very small, obviously. Second, it's off the beaten path, some kids need that. Third, we are a melting pot, probably no school more diverse than RL, some aren't comfortable with all that comes along with that. Which is why we have never cared about kids interested in their setting. Best of luck to them

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
They wouldn't have moved to Plumas Lake from RL/E if they couldn't send their kids to EN, so they wouldn't be going to Wheatland.
Dude, they live in Plumas Lake that is Wheatland High school district so they have to apply for out of district to go to EN. There shouldn’t be any out of districts allowed unless the school is full or there is some kind of academic requirement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT