ADVERTISEMENT

THE DIABLO AHLETIC LEAGUE

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Well for get about the new DFAL as the DAL has two divisions that start in late August.
.VALLEY CONFERENCE
Acalanes
Clayton valley Charter
Campolindo
Concord
Las Lomas
Miramonte

FOOTHILL CONFERENCE
Alhambra
Berean Christian
College Park
Mt. diablo
North Gate
Ygnacio Valley
The way the Valley Conference is set up, it will turn into the black and blue league, as there will be no let up on each clash....right now, Acalanes and Las Lomas could have a rough time this year, but the 2017 season may be different..
The Foothill Conference will be different, but Berean Christian looks to be the team to beat and if Alhambra can change their ways, then we may have a two way battle....College Park may challenge and Ygnacio valley may be a threat this year....Mt. Diablo has the speed but is real iffy and what about North Gate, they may fool us all....

Valley looks to be a three horse race. Be interesting see. Foothill seems to be up for grabs with Berean having the biggest upside in terms of coaching and program building.

Valley looks to be a three horse race. Be interesting see. Foothill seems to be up for grabs with Berean having the biggest upside in terms of coaching and program building.
The Valley Conference has four teams that were in the playoff's in the 2015 season, so every one can draw their own conclusions for four teams that are going to meet in the 2016 season..
CLAYTON VALLEY CHARTER
in the playoff's with a final record of 13-2
Beat Windsor 52-6
Beat Concord 23-22 in a close battle
Beat Granada 34-6
Beat Oak Grove SJ 21-3
Lost Narbonne 28-14.....But, CVC was down to their third QB which did not help

CAMPOLINDO
In the playoff's with a final record of 14-2
Beat Ygnacio Valley 70-44
Beat acalanes 42-7
Beat Bishop O'Dowd 25-13
Beat Analy 38-28
Beat Milpitas 27-24...The cougars would have lost this game if Milpitas didn't commit so many penalties
Lost La Mirada 27-3.....Just flat outmanned.

MIRAMONTE
In the playoff's with a fina record of 11-2
Beat Redwood 41-0
Beat Casa Grande 47-29
Lost to Concord 60-32

CONCORD
In the playoff's with a record of 10-4
Beat Hayward 56-0
Beat Carrillo 26-21 in a close one
Beat Miramonte 60-32 This was a strange victory for some odd reason
Lost to Clayton Valley charter 23-22
At this time, CVC is questionable at QB while Concord, Miramonte and Campolindo are well equipped with returning QB's.
Campolindo has a 8-2 JV team moving up. Miramonte has a 9-1 JV team moving up, CVC has a 8-2 JV team moving up and Concord has a 9-1 JV team moving up which includes a 70-14 beating by CVC.

I don't see CVC QB position as a issue this season or last. It's basically another RB since they rarely pass. And when they do the receiver is so wide open because everybody loads up to stop the run, the tackle could throw it in other words. They will be hard pressed to ever attract a top QB in that system, especially if kid wants to play at next level.

I don't see CVC QB position as a issue this season or last. It's basically another RB since they rarely pass. And when they do the receiver is so wide open because everybody loads up to stop the run, the tackle could throw it in other words. They will be hard pressed to ever attract a top QB in that system, especially if kid wants to play at next level.
Indianpride45.....You are most likely right, but when CVC played Narbonne, they were down to their third QB, if the first string QB would have been in the game, he had the ability to pass and might have changed the out come of the game....Its early, so we will see...I didn't see any running back rising that could fill the shoes, but there was a kid on the Jv that may show some promise???

I like Alhambra as the team to beat in the Foothill division this year, they have a pretty solid senior class. Also i'd take CVC in the Valley division, I think they'll be good on both sides of the line and the transfer addition of 2018, 6'6 290lb. former Las Lomas OT Brandon Mello will only help them do what they do on offense.

Huge blow to the Las Lomas football program losing Mello. LL had the makings of a decent line heading into the 2016 season before Mello's departure. With a new HC and losing a D-1 O-lineman, LL is looking at another long season. Unless the current administration gets behind the football program (current Principal is a great person but loathes the football program), LL will continue to struggle.

Indianpride45.....You are most likely right, but when CVC played Narbonne, they were down to their third QB, if the first string QB would have been in the game, he had the ability to pass and might have changed the out come of the game....Its early, so we will see...I didn't psee any running back rising that could fill the shoes, but there was a kid on the Jv that may show some promise???

QB or no QB they weren't going to beat Narbonne. Their defense wasn't going to stop Narbonnes offense. It was like they didn't even have a LB on the field. DB were just getting depth to try and keep play in front of them and then they couldn't tackle to save their life. DL showed flashes but was out muscled much of the day as well. And that third string QB you speak of was basically the best offensive threat they had that day. Yeah being out their QB is a nice excuse but in that system it's really not as big a hit as if say Bonne would have been without theirs.

Huge blow to the Las Lomas football program losing Mello. LL had the makings of a decent line heading into the 2016 season before Mello's departure. With a new HC and losing a D-1 O-lineman, LL is looking at another long season. Unless the current administration gets behind the football program (current Principal is a great person but loathes the football program), LL will continue to struggle

Why would a kid transfer out of LL for CVC? I don't think the academics are even remotely close at CVC. I get the football program is better but kid got some bad advice. He could have transferred to Campo or Miramonte and got both football and academics.

Why would a kid transfer out of LL for CVC? I don't think the academics are even remotely close at CVC. I get the football program is better but kid got some bad advice. He could have transferred to Campo or Miramonte and got both football and academics.
I heard the family moved very close to CVC, not athletically motivated

Noah Meyer landed a good gig at Wazzu playing for Las Lomas. He also got a late offer from Cal that he turned down.

QB or no QB they weren't going to beat Narbonne. Their defense wasn't going to stop Narbonnes offense. It was like they didn't even have a LB on the field. DB were just getting depth to try and keep play in front of them and then they couldn't tackle to save their life. DL showed flashes but was out muscled much of the day as well. And that third string QB you speak of was basically the best offensive threat they had that day. Yeah being out their QB is a nice excuse but in that system it's really not as big a hit as if say Bonne would have been without theirs.
That 3rd string QB should be back this year although another may come up out of the wood work, he did a lot of sneaks and draws and did most of the leg work and he attempted three passes which went no where, but if the 1st string QB would have been in the game, they may have scored one more, but Narbonne was just too tough for CVC...

That 3rd string QB should be back this year although another may come up out of the wood work, he did a lot of sneaks and draws and did most of the leg work and he attempted three passes which went no where, but if the 1st string QB would have been in the game, they may have scored one more, but Narbonne was just too tough for CVC...

Kid who played QB was a SR if memory serves me right. But again didn't matter. Even with starting QB CVC is run run run only time they pass usually is when they are up. Prior years state game shows us that. If they are going to rely on the passing to win games they are done. If that's the case team they are playing has clearly taken away what they want to do. Even at the Folsom game (I was there) I don't think they passed until very end as time was running out. And they brought a kid off the bench to throw it. It wasn't the starting QB.

ncscalfootball.......I don't think they meet again this year, but one of the problems is a lot of the coaches are not returning calls and you can't blame them.....One thing for sure right not is Wood and Alhambra have a scrimmage on Aug. 20th at 9 A.M. at Alhambra...As soon as I know something I'll let you know......

Bluedog2, did Alhambra change their school colors to Blue & Gold...I remember correctly...did they used to be Blue/Red & White before in the 80's early 90's...

Bluedog2, did Alhambra change their school colors to Blue & Gold...I remember correctly...did they used to be Blue/Red & White before in the 80's early 90's...
NCSCALFOOTBALL....Alhambra was always blue and gold, years ago, they tried blue and yellow strips on the arms and a white shirt with blue numbers for traveling, but that didn't work and the home was blue and yellow strips on the arms with a solid blue shirt with yellow numbers... The coach thought it was the Princeton touch.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT