ADVERTISEMENT

The north (Pittsburg) should remember!

1. Servite is irrelevant. Average at best. (by the way- thanks for confirming who you are. You could have at least used your real handle. I was just waiting for you to mention Folsom and reveal yourself)

2. Nobody cares about Helix. If you want to stop talking about these schools, then fix your playoff system and stop sending San Diego schools to the D1 game to get boat raced, while the other teams that should be there are sitting at home.

To the board- just put these clowns on ignore. It is literally like 2-3 posters creating new names and trolling. They offer nothing. Ignore. I was waiting for confirmation. Just got it. So funny!

This from the master of multiple handles.....what a joke....G61, The FolsomBulldog, Cashisking18., L68...Heck I cant remember them all.......

Aw the beauty of seeing someone post and not being able to see what it is or who posted it.

God bless the ignore button.

Aw the beauty of seeing someone post and not being able to see what it is or who posted it.

God bless the ignore button.

Except you have responded to these so called ignored posters with your signature trolling lol I mean don’t even know what to say about you except that stupid is as stupid does...I know I know you can’t see my post lol lol

Bosco, Mater Dei and Centennial have certainly separated themselves from the pack in the SS due to not only elite play, but their consistency.

However, there are lots of other really good programs down South. The teams just tend to rotate every couple of years. But in a given year, whatever teams prove to be really good can beat anyone in the State except for the South's big 3 (and DLS) most times.

Like I stated earlier either on this thread or another. Drop Folsom and for that matter Pitt into the SS playoff bracket and I seriously doubt most years they get out of the first round. And and no point would they ever win it. DLS on the other hand would not only be competitive but I also believe they could win it.

Reactions: RedZone90
A point to make- Folsom and Pitt would beat schools like Servite by 2-3 TDs! 2 publics whipping Trinity League privates is symphony at its finest!

So they MAY not win against a few teams. Who cares. Public schools without transfers competing at an extremely high level, with amazing tradition, and D1 athletes all over the field.

Go NorCal!

A point to make- Folsom and Pitt would beat schools like Servite by 2-3 TDs! 2 publics whipping Trinity League privates is symphony at its finest!

Those school wouldn't beat Upland, MV, or heck even Norco. I have serious doubts they they compete with anybody in Trinity and if they do compete, they don't win by 2-3 scores. Of course we will never know at least from Folsom point of view they refuse to book quality teams in preseason. We may see Pitt at some point play much to their credit they don't seem to mind challenging themselves or their program.

On another note- Folsom scheduled DLS and not Bakersfield for a reason. When you are a last place Trinity League team, things tend to get desperate.

Outside of 2, maybe 3 teams, Folsom and Pitt would wreck shop in SoCal. Athletes all over the place putting on a SoCal show!

If these SoCal players want to see these teams play Folsom and Pitt they need to change they're 2nd grade playoff format so we can see these matchups instead of sending them all home to play Fornite and watch MD in the open. Stupidity!

Dont feed the trolls. Use ignore button. Its glorious.

On another note- Folsom scheduled DLS and not Bakersfield for a reason. When you are a last place Trinity League team, things tend to get desperate.

Outside of 2, maybe 3 teams, Folsom and Pitt would wreck shop in SoCal. Athletes all over the place putting on a SoCal show!

If these SoCal players want to see these teams play Folsom and Pitt they need to change they're 2nd grade playoff format so we can see these matchups instead of sending them all home to play Fornite and watch MD in the open. Stupidity!

Dont feed the trolls. Use ignore button. Its glorious.

Lol, yeah boy Folsom books a brutal schedule I tell yeah. After how many years they manned up again to get beat by DLS. Hey at least they set themselves up for another participation trophy at years end. It's probably better to let DLS do the heavy lifting for NorCal at this point anyway.

One cardinal rule is knowing the enemy, do what we call in business a SWOT analysis; know their strenghts and weaknesses, and identify opportunities and threats. Study opponents hard, view videos, plan strategies and test them, and practice, practice, practice!

Very funny. I haven't done a SWOT analysis since I was a marketing intern 100 years ago. Game planning is not a SWOT analysis. We pretend to know so much yet know so little. Isn't there a quote from Sun Tzu to complete the cliche?

Am guessing you were an intern a 100 yrs ago so you must be about 120 or so. Wow your beyond hall of famer . Must be a legend an icon. Congrats for living so long.

I am guessing there are the usual suspects trolling, whom I cannot see. I figured they may argue "schedule" next so I thought I post true numbers over trolling.

Here are the numbers for 2018 season.

Folsom SoS: 71.1
DLS SoS: 72.4
Upland SoS: 16.2
St. John Bosco: 20.7
Mission Viejo: 25.7
Servite: 31.9
Pitt: 39.9
OLU:46.3
Norco: 30.5
Bakersfield: 12.1
Jesuit: 71.1
St Mary's Stockton: 45.7

Considering we haven't factored in league play yet (in which some of these numbers will go up), it looks like the SoCal schools are playing it pretty safe this season.

I really hope SoCal decides to send someone decent to the D1 bowl game this year so they don't get boat raced again. Maybe? Someone? Decent? Half way decent?

I am guessing there are the usual suspects trolling, whom I cannot see. I figured they may argue "schedule" next so I thought I post true numbers over trolling.

Folsom SoS: 71.1
DLS SoS: 72.4

Considering we haven't factored in league play yet (in which some of these numbers will go up), it looks like the SoCal schools are playing it pretty safe this season.

I really hope SoCal decides to send someone decent to the D1 bowl game this year so they don't get boat raced again. Maybe? Someone? Decent? Half way decent?

Cute after two weeks Folsom has higher SOS than most schools because they booked DLS, we can revisit these numbers at the end of the season and have a better idea of who played what.

In terms of state championships most people get there is really only 1 true champ maybe 2 if you want a small school champ I guess. Neither of which has ever been Folsom. They have been privileged enough to win participation trophies however that CIF hands out to teams that are good but not champion caliber. Its mostly a money grab by CIF how many of these do they hand out now 12,15,20? It's ridiculous.

Reactions: WWHS44
For the cute little trolls, I will re-post the 2018 Strength of Schedules, since I know they are super bothered that I can't see who and what they are posting! I want to remind them I am here!

Folsom SoS: 58
DLS SoS: 49.2

Looks like SoCal is playing it safe this at the beginning of the season and claiming a bunch of early participation trophies by playing Bakersfield and Norco! LOL

There are only a few out of the hundreds of more schools in SoCal that have a better SoS in 2018 as our top two. Most of their "elite" teams outside of their best 3, in fact, have much worse schedules (rating wise) than our top schools do.

I think thats a win.

Last edited:
For full transparency, I will post the 2018 SoS for the entire top 20, per Calpreps.

1. SJB: 20.7
2. Mater Dei: 51.7
3. Centennial: 63.8
4. DLS: 49.2
5. Folsom 58
6. Oaks Christian: 31.8
7. OLU: 46.3
8. Mission Viejo: 35.7
9. Upland: 16.2
10. Cajon: 25.5
11. JSerra: 46.8
12. Serra (Gardena): 46.8
13. LBP: 21.3
14. Chaminade: 45.7
15. Narbonne: 72.9
16. Serra (NorCal): 53.1
17. Clayton Valley: 14.1
18. Pitt: 39.9
19. Calabasas: 55.8
20. Santa Margarita: 40.8

SoCal Teams in Top 20: 15
NorCal Teams in Top 20: 5

Average SoS for Socal top 20 teams: 41.5
Average SoS for Norcal top 20 teams: 42.9

There are more SoCal teams in the top 20, but interestingly, NorCal top 20 teams have a higher average SoS than SoCal teams.

This post was to ensure the trolls (that I cannot see post thank god, but can see they are frantically posting something) can't spew their garbage all over the place. My guess is they get frustrated and resort to name calling.

I will post this in its own thread so it receives the attention it deserves.

Go NorCal!

Somebody needs to explain to the board Jester how averages work. In other word let's take baseball, odds are a player with 3 times the amount of at bats will odds on have a lower average than the player he is being compaired to with 3 times fewer at bats, same with fielding % etc.......so averaging the sos of 15 teams and comparing to 5 teams it's no surprise the 5 teams have a higher average. What is surpring is its only a 1.4 point difference.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to explain to the board Jester how averages work. In other word let's take baseball, odds are a player with 3 times the amount of at bats will odds on have a lower average than the player he is being compaired to with 3 times fewer at bats, same with fielding % etc.......so averaging the sos of 15 teams and comparing to 5 teams it's no surprise the 5 teams have a higher average. What is surpring is its only a 1.4 point difference.

Exactly. It’s like the 14’ high fence versus the 8’ foot high. Seems huge if trying rob a dinger. However, from the plate, let’s say 330’ away, it need only travel another 10” of trajectory to clear the taller barrier. Without geometry, people can’t get that.

Reactions: What in the
Exactly. It’s like the 14’ high fence versus the 8’ foot high. Seems huge if trying rob a dinger. However, from the plate, let’s say 330’ away, it need only travel another 10” of trajectory to clear the taller barrier. Without geometry, people can’t get that.
Buy the taller fence. Its taller for a reason

Sure, Bob Villa. LOL. That’s a lot of extra wood only have to someone hit it 3 INCHES further than the 8 footer to get a dinger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT