ADVERTISEMENT

This some BS!!!!

Lovie Smith has a winning record throughout his coaching career. From 1996 to 2003 the Bears had a losing record until Smith became there head coach. Smith had a losing record three times in the nine years he was with the Bears. And now this man can't finish out his contract with a terrible Bucs organization and track record. How does this happen???

Active coaches that should be fired before Smith:

1. Rex Ryan best season was an 11-5 Jets team. Hasn't smelt the playoffs in 5 seasons.

2. Jeff Fisher hasn't made the playoffs in the last 6 years. After 21 years of head coaching this dude has reached post season play 6 times. He's won one conference title and zero super bowls in twenty one years as a head coach. And he's still a head coach. For real?

3. Jason Garrett has made the playoffs one year in his 6 years as a head coach. And no one on this board can tell me that the Bucs have more talent and more to resources than the Cowboys.

4. Gus Bradley has won 12 games in 3 seasons and there is no talk about him being fired. Nuff said.

5. Mike McCoy win/lose record as well as post season play isn't looking too good with the Chargers but he's keeping his job.

With that being said, Lovie Smith is an excellent developer of man and was the right coach to mentor Jameis Winston throughout his early professional football career. I won't be surprise if the next coach has Winston spiraling down hill in the next few years. I don't understand the reasoning behind this firing but I hope it's warranted because right now it isn't.

Last edited:
Lovie Smith has a record of From 1996 to 2003 the Bears had a losing record. Smith had a losing record three times in the nine years he was with the Bears. And now this man can't finish out his contract with a terrible Bucs organization and track record.

1. Rex Ryan best season was an 11-5 Jets team. Hasn't smelt the playoffs in 5 seasons.

2. Jeff Fisher hasn't made the playoffs in the last 6 years. After 21 years of head coaching this dude has reached post season play 6 times. He's won one conference title and zero super bowls in twenty one years as a head coach. And he's still a head coach. For real?

3. Jason Garrett has made the playoffs one year in his 6 years as a head coach. And no one on this board can tell me that the Bucs have more talent and more to resources than the Cowboys.

4. Gus Bradley has won 12 games in 3 seasons and there is no talk about him being fired. Nuff said.

5. Mike McCoy win/lose record as well as post season play isn't looking too good with the Chargers but he's keeping his job.

With that being said, Lovie Smith is an excellent developer of man and was the right coach to mentor Jameis Winston throughout his early professional football career. I won't be surprise if the next coach has Winston spiraling down hill in the next few years. I don't understand the reasoning behind this firing but I hope it's warranted because right now it isn't.
N not F for L long. This goes with coaches and players, but I do believe he deserved another year with Winston.

Lovie Smith has a record of From 1996 to 2003 the Bears had a losing record. Smith had a losing record three times in the nine years he was with the Bears. And now this man can't finish out his contract with a terrible Bucs organization and track record.

Why will the next coach have him spiraling? Because Lovie is black and relates better? Honestly, that's BS! Lovie Smith is a great man and a great coach. I think they made a mistake and the 49ers would benefit from hiring him. That said, your comments are race related and thinly veiled. Why don't you just let the fact that Smith is a great job stand on its own instead of comparing him to a bunch of mediocre white guys. You cheapen your argument when you do that.

Why will the next coach have him spiraling? Because Lovie is black and relates better? Honestly, that's BS! Lovie Smith is a great man and a great coach. I think they made a mistake and the 49ers would benefit from hiring him. That said, your comments are race related and thinly veiled. Why don't you just let the fact that Smith is a great job stand on its own instead of comparing him to a bunch of mediocre white guys. You cheapen your argument when you do that.
Are you really this stupid??? Is Pete Carroll "BLACK"?, how about Ron Rivera? what about Sean Payton, Andy Reid or John Harbaugh??? These guys are not black coaches and I would be just as pissed if they were fired in the manner Lovie has been fired. So you can take your tired races remarks and stuff them up your ass. This has nothing to do with racism but has a lot to do with what's wrong and what's right, you moron. Lovie was done wrong after doing such a great job developing Winston. Now the changing of coaches and system can mess this kid up just like RGIII is messed up now. Not saying RGIII issues are because of Shanahan because I believe shanahan is an excellent coach but I would hate to see Winston fall in RGIII world because of another coach and system. We shall see tho...

Are you really this stupid??? Is Pete Carroll "BLACK"?, how about Ron Rivera? what about Sean Payton, Andy Reid or John Harbaugh??? These guys are not black coaches and I would be just as pissed if they were fired in the manner Lovie has been fired. So you can take your tired races remarks and stuff them up your ass. This has nothing to do with racism but has a lot to do with what's wrong and what's right, you moron. Lovie was done wrong after doing such a great job developing Winston. Now the changing of coaches and system can mess this kid up just like RGIII is messed up now. Not saying RGIII issues are because of Shanahan because I believe shanahan is an excellent coach but I would hate to see Winston fall in RGIII world because of another coach and system. We shall see tho...
Actually, I have an exceedingly high IQ. Tampa Bay has a history of getting rid of great coaches- John Gruden as an example. So why do you bring RGIII up? Because he's black, that's why. Listen, if you knew who I was, you would know my actions speak louder than words in helping and giving back- especially with inner-city kids I constantly have to help overcome stereotypes and stupidity shown by people like you so people get a fair shake.

Finally, people get pissed at you because you call names and make stupid, threatening comments. That's the beauty of the Internet because you would never say that to my face. You aren't smart and you aren't tough. You do yourself a disservice by acting in an ignorant manner. People would also respect you more if you drop the Ebonics crap. Sounding ignorant isn't cool in the real world and every inner city kid I've ever coached think it's a joke and would rather come across as the intelligent young person they are.

Actually, I have an exceedingly high IQ. Tampa Bay has a history of getting rid of great coaches- John Gruden as an example. So why do you bring RGIII up? Because he's black, that's why. Listen, if you knew who I was, you would know my actions speak louder than words in helping and giving back- especially with inner-city kids I constantly have to help overcome stereotypes and stupidity shown by people like you so people get a fair shake.

Finally, people get pissed at you because you call names and make stupid, threatening comments. That's the beauty of the Internet because you would never say that to my face. You aren't smart and you aren't tough. You do yourself a disservice by acting in an ignorant manner. People would also respect you more if you drop the Ebonics crap. Sounding ignorant isn't cool in the real world and every inner city kid I've ever coached think it's a joke and would rather come across as the intelligent young person they are.
First of all, you can't find where I made a threatening comment to anyone so get your facts straight pal. Stop following in the footsteps of IP and be your own man. Secondly, you don't know what I would say or do in your face. Let's make that perfectly clear. Lastly, stop showing your ignorance by coming off like you're untouchable on the internet . You can be touched. Stay on topic and that is football not how tough you think you are. No one cares because at the end of the day there's someone for everyone and that's mentally and physically. Got it?

Now, I brought RGIII up as an example of what can happen when you change coaches. If you didn't get that too bad. RGIII was Shanahan's guy until he got injured. Gruden has never thought of RGIII as his guy. Now I'm going to tell you just like I told a few other clowns lately. If you want to debate football with one of the best around I will oblige you but all that LL Cool J "I'm bad" crap you can save that for your family and friends because I'm not impressed. And btw, I don't think Jon Gruden was a great coach. Good but not great. He won the Superbowl because he knew the Raiders game plan inside and out in which Bill Callahan handed that game to him on a silver platter. To be honest, I credit Monty Kiffins Tampa-2 defense more for the Bucs SB win than Gruden's overall game planning. Like I said, he's a decent coach but nothing great. Pete Carroll and Tom Coughlin are very special NFL coaches. They're on the level of greatness. John Harbaugh, Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, Marvin Lewis, Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, and Ron Rivera are very good coaches. I would put Jon Gruden in the lower half of this category. Up and comers in my opinion are Dan Quinn, Todd Bowles and Jay Gruden. Now if you want to add to this feel free and we can debate if you see things differently but leave that tough stuff at the front door. It's useless on an internet sight and you're smarter than that anyway. I'll sit that right there.;)

Last edited:
Yawn.........Lovie is a great guy by all accounts no arguement there. Simple facts are the Bucs were 8-24 under him. He has only coached teams to double digit wins 4 times in 11 seasons. Has a career 502 winning percentage. I wouldn't want him coaching my team as a fan. CaliTrojan is a racist who twists and turns everything about race. Who can blame the Bucs for wanting to bring in somebody to develope their young QB?

NCSF, you don't have to tell me what school you coach at but what community are you referring to in regards to the inner-city kids that you mentor??? I'm very familiar with a lot of communities in Nor-Cal and have done a lot for inner-city and suburban kids alike in Nor-Cal. Like you, I have given countless amounts of money, food, time as well as shelter in some instances. I've been in front of judges putting my reputation on the line for inner-city kids that got caught up in the street life. I had to go and pick up kids in the middle of the night when they were incarcerated for possession of drugs. I've done that for kids that I knew were known drug dealers as well. As a matter of fact, if I drop one players name from Richmond Ca everyone that's from the hood would know who I'm talking about. I knew one kid that was gay and doing well in college and if I didn't get him he was going to be beaten and possibly raped. And when I say get him I mean drop around $700 cash to get him out. I've had kids come over my house early in the morning just to have a place to lay their heads before going to school because their parents we're out on a venge and the kids didn't have any heat or food. I have hundreds of parents that know my work and worth as well as my heart so when someone questions it I just reflect on how many I've helped. So when you say you've done a lot for the inner-city kids you're interacting with him right now. Been there done that since 1996.

Last edited:
Yawn.........Lovie is a great guy by all accounts no arguement there. Simple facts are the Bucs were 8-24 under him. He has only coached teams to double digit wins 4 times in 11 seasons. Has a career 502 winning percentage. I wouldn't want him coaching my team as a fan. CaliTrojan is a racist who twists and turns everything about race. Who can blame the Bucs for wanting to bring in somebody to develope their young QB?
OMG!!! Just stop dude! How much more could Winston develop then he developed this year??? The kid is regarded as one of the best first year QB's of all times. You need to type less and think more because you are clueless. Where do they find dudes like you? Perhaps lost and found, I don't know...;)

OMG!!! Just stop dude! How much more could Winston develop then he developed this year??? The kid is regarded as one of the best first year QB's of all times. You need to type less and think more because you are clueless. Where do they find dudes like you? Perhaps lost and found, I don't know...;)

That's so stupid it embarrassing. He is nowhere near regarded as that. He had the worst QB rating of any starting QB who started 16 games. And was in the bottom third for QB's period. He was 4th in the league in INt's. Completed less than 60% of his passes. To put that into perspective that's worse than Kapernick, Bortles, Shaub, Gabbert, you seeing my point? Look the Bucs took this kid number one overal they were justified in moving on without Lovie. Based on his record, based on name one QB that he has developed and flourished under him, based on Winstons performance.

That's so stupid it embarrassing. He is nowhere near regarded as that. He had the worst QB rating of any starting QB who started 16 games. And was in the bottom third for QB's period. He was 4th in the league in INt's. Completed less than 60% of his passes. To put that into perspective that's worse than Kapernick, Bortles, Shaub, Gabbert, you seeing my point? Look the Bucs took this kid number one overal they were justified in moving on without Lovie. Based on his record, based on name one QB that he has developed and flourished under him, based on Winstons performance.
You need to listen to what Herm Edwards had to say about the Bucs being justified in firing Lovie. Maybe a coach that actually knows more than you about Bucs football can knock some sense into your head. Per Herm Edwards: The players are saying, Lovie was here for two years, we're going in the right direction, they fire Lovie and hire Dirk Koetter. Was he involved with this??? Huh! This will not have a good ending trust and believe that. The best thing the Bucs can do is hire Tom Coughlin. Put it like this Liar, I'm the Steven A. of this board. How you like me now. You really need to pay attention to this whole segment.

Here's the Herm Edwards Link @2:45:

Last edited:
You need to listen to what Herm Edwards had to say about the Bucs being justified in firing Lovie. Maybe a coach that actually knows more than you about Bucs football can knock some sense into your head. Per Herm Edwards: The players are saying, Lovie was here for two years, we're going in the right direction, they fire Lovie and hire Dirk Koetter. Was he involved with this??? Huh! This will not have a good ending trust and believe that. The best thing the Bucs can do is hire Tom Coughlin. Put it like this Liar, I'm the Steven A. of this board. How you like me now. You really need to pay attention to this whole segment.

Listen to Herm Edwards? Again by all accounts a great guy but was a terrible coach, he himself had a record that was 20 games below 500. So yeah he probably thinks Lovie is a coaching God, with that 500 record and all. And calling yourself the Steven A Smith of these boards is fitting. Since nobody respects that guy or anything he says.

Reactions: awood1
@calitrojan - Again name one QB that Lovie developed or mentored into greatness? For that matter I'll even let you pick for Herm Edwards QBs as well!

@calitrojan - Again name one QB that Lovie developed or mentored into greatness? For that matter I'll even let you pick for Herm Edwards QBs as well!
Look dude, it's more to coaching than developing a QB into greatness. Btw, Lovie and Herm are defensive guys if you didn't know. Shesh....

Look dude, it's more to coaching than developing a QB into greatness. Btw, Lovie is a defensive guy if you didn't know. Shesh..

Yep I know his background so if you want to go there the Bucs were in the bottom third of the league in points against. So his defense wasn't getting it done either. Look he managed 8 wins in two seasons. Shiano had 11 wins in two prior seasons and fired. Morris had 17 wins in 3 seasons and fired before that! Lovie had more talent than both previous guys and a worse record. Again not hard to see why they let him go it's what they do!

Yep I know his background so if you want to go there the Bucs were in the bottom third of the league in points against. So his defense wasn't getting it done either. Look he managed 8 wins in two seasons. Shiano had 11 wins in two prior seasons and fired. Morris had 17 wins in 3 seasons and fired before that! Lovie had more talent than both previous guys and a worse record. Again not hard to see why they let him go it's what they do!
First of all, Lovie took over a terrible situation and turned it around the next year. The Bucs won six games this year with a rookie QB and had major action at winning ten. The Bucs were on the rise under Lovie's leadership. Three of the last four games were decided by one score and in week 7 they lost to the Redskins by one point. Secondly, we all know how the Bucs owners conduct their business but that doesn't make it right. That's why when most fans are complaining about a player(s) holding out for a better contract I'm supporting their actions because this is a business first. Don't get it twisted young'n, folks are quick to bash player(s) for holding out for more $cash$ but can care less about the dirty practices of some of the leagues owners. Can't have it both ways in my book. Just like my title says, "This some BS!!!!".

First of all, Lovie took over a terrible situation and turned it around the next year. The Bucs won six games this year with a rookie QB and had major action at winning ten. The Bucs were on the rise under Lovie's leadership. Three of the last four games were decided by one score and in week 7 they lost to the Redskins by one point. Secondly, we all know how the Bucs owners conduct their business but that doesn't make it right. That's why when most fans are complaining about a player(s) holding out for a better contract I'm supporting their actions because this is a business first. Don't get it twisted young'n, folks are quick to bash player(s) for holding out for more $cash$ but can care less about the dirty practices of some of the leagues owners. Can't have it both ways in my book. Just like my title says, "This some BS!!!!".

Sigh........First off Lovie took over a 4 win team and coached them to 2 wins, so he didn't turn anything around that first year they got worse. Second this has nothing to do with player contracts so please stay on point. I know it's clearly difficult for you but try. Simply put Lovie is a 500 coach, the Bucs aren't a very good orginazation to work for to begin with. Their history speaks for itself in terms of handling coaches. This isn't a shock or a surprise, it isn't a race issue no matter how much you want it to be. It's how the Bucs operate, and frankly how most NFL teams operate.

Sigh........First off Lovie took over a 4 win team and coached them to 2 wins, so he didn't turn anything around that first year they got worse. Second this has nothing to do with player contracts so please stay on point. I know it's clearly difficult for you but try. Simply put Lovie is a 500 coach, the Bucs aren't a very good orginazation to work for to begin with. Their history speaks for itself in terms of handling coaches. This isn't a shock or a surprise, it isn't a race issue no matter how much you want it to be. It's how the Bucs operate, and frankly how most NFL teams operate.
It's obvious you don't know too much about football operations. (I meant Lovie turned things around the second year not the first year). With that being said, as terrible as the Bucs were Pete Carroll would have struggled to win two games the first year of taking over that cesspool of a program. Simply put Lovie is more than just a .500 coach he's a Super Bowl coach. Let's see, how many active coaches have led their teams to the Super Bowl? How many have led their teams to a Conference Championship game? I'll be waiting for this answer. I can guarantee less then a quarter of the leagues head coaches have reached the Super Bowl. Facts. And btw, you're the one stuck on stupid by continuing to say it's a race issue. I never said it was a race issue I said it was BS in which I'm 100% correct because that's exactly what it was. So please try to stay on topic so that I can continue to school you on this thread you liar. If you have any sense at all this is where you would take your "L" and fight another day but I think you're just a young foolish kid full of testosterone. No need to keep taking these L's kid. You just can't win no matter how hard you try. The Trojan is on his "A" game and just toying with ya. I'm going to bring my video back out for you, liar. lol;)

It's obvious you don't know too much about football operations. (I meant Lovie turned things around the second year not the first year). With that being said, as terrible as the Bucs were Pete Carroll would have struggled to win two games the first year of taking over that cesspool of a program. Simply put Lovie is more than just a .500 coach he's a Super Bowl coach. Let's see, how many active coaches have led their teams to the Super Bowl? How many have led their teams to a Conference Championship game? I'll be waiting for this answer. I can guarantee less then a quarter of the leagues head coaches have reached the Super Bowl. Facts. And btw, you're the one stuck on stupid by continuing to say it's a race issue. I never said it was a race issue I said it was BS in which I'm 100% correct because that's exactly what it was. So please try to stay on topic so that I can continue to school you on this thread you liar. If you have any sense at all this is where you would take your "L" and fight another day but I think you're just a young foolish kid full of testosterone. No need to keep taking these L's kid. You just can't win no matter how hard you try. The Trojan is on his "A" game and just toying with ya. I'm going to bring my video back out for you, liar. lol;)

Ok one claim at a time. #1. Lovie wasn't turning anything around and his record proved it. He had two more losses over same time span than his predecessor. #2. Active super bowl coaches, The hoodie, Carrol, Ried, Tomlin, Fisher, Payton, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Fox, that's just off top off my head. But it's 9 coaches and over 1/4 of the league. You loose again. #3. If it's not about race then what is it? He was a 500 coach who was fired, big deal, happens all the time in this league. Everything with you is race your a racist just like Steven A Smith remember? #4. You haven't proved anything here except your to ignorant to look at the facts. Probably because your racism corrupts your vision. Everything you have brought to the table here has been proven wrong with fact. Lovie's record his defensive ranks, zero history with QB development, etc. And this is your "A" game? Hate to see you at anything less because you would probably be licking your computer screen.

I was a little shocked Lovie got fired. They got to 6 wins this year which was ok but nothing special. They benefit from playing in possibly the worst division in the NFC. Lovie is a good coach. He isnt known for developing players. I honestly dont see how firing him hurts Winston. Really the only reason Tampa has made progress is because of their draft which the credit goes to the GM and front office. They have had very good drafts the past few years. They probably felt Lovie wasnt going to be able to get their young team to the next level. Calitrojan probably thought the warriors were stupid for firing Mark Jackson too.

Reactions: Indianpride45
I was also surprised the Bucs fired Smith. By all accounts I have heard he is a great person and well respected as a coach on the offensive side of the ball. It seemed to be premature given the progress of the team and QB, and I would have thought he might get at least one more year. I don't buy he was fired for any racist reason without any evidence. I didn't take the original post as implying it was due to racist reasons either. No rumors about any issues between Smith and the owners/management either. It looks like that the expectations/goals were higher for this season and the team didn't make its goal. I do agree there are other coaches that should have been let go ahead of his firing, but then again if the Bucs were looking to make the change it also benefits Smith in getting an early start on an opportunity at another team. At least the Bucs had an option, right or wrong. Unlike the Bucs, the 49ers could have a similar occurrence to last season and not get the coach they are looking for if they don't move quickly. Maybe Smith will be offered the job at San Francisco. They need to do something with the offense, but I am also a believer in that defense wins and without a star QB it is probably better to go with a ball defensive oriented HC and have a strong O-coordinator. SF blew it losing Fangio (although their defense for the most part given what they had with all the losses and changes did pretty well).

I was also surprised the Bucs fired Smith. By all accounts I have heard he is a great person and well respected as a coach on the offensive side of the ball. It seemed to be premature given the progress of the team and QB, and I would have thought he might get at least one more year. I don't buy he was fired for any racist reason without any evidence. I didn't take the original post as implying it was due to racist reasons either. No rumors about any issues between Smith and the owners/management either. It looks like that the expectations/goals were higher for this season and the team didn't make its goal. I do agree there are other coaches that should have been let go ahead of his firing, but then again if the Bucs were looking to make the change it also benefits Smith in getting an early start on an opportunity at another team. At least the Bucs had an option, right or wrong. Unlike the Bucs, the 49ers could have a similar occurrence to last season and not get the coach they are looking for if they don't move quickly. Maybe Smith will be offered the job at San Francisco. They need to do something with the offense, but I am also a believer in that defense wins and without a star QB it is probably better to go with a ball defensive oriented HC and have a strong O-coordinator. SF blew it losing Fangio (although their defense for the most part given what they had with all the losses and changes did pretty well).
Finally a poster that gets it!!! Nothing racist about saying Lovie's firing was BS!!! If the Seahawks fired Pete Carroll at the end of this year I would say the same damn thing. BULLSHIT!!! A few years back when the NY G-man were talking about firing Coughlin I said BULLSHIT!!! Calling someone a racist is the only defense "IndianPride" has in this debate. His credibility isn't worth a can of beans especially after all the lies in his previous post. IndianPride is nothing more than a chronic liar. With that being said, Lovie is a super bowl coach and to fire him after two seasons is highly disrespectful no matter if he was yellow. But like I said, it's good to see there are posters on this site that get it.:)

I was a little shocked Lovie got fired. They got to 6 wins this year which was ok but nothing special. They benefit from playing in possibly the worst division in the NFC. Lovie is a good coach. He isnt known for developing players. I honestly dont see how firing him hurts Winston. Really the only reason Tampa has made progress is because of their draft which the credit goes to the GM and front office. They have had very good drafts the past few years. They probably felt Lovie wasnt going to be able to get their young team to the next level. Calitrojan probably thought the warriors were stupid for firing Mark Jackson too.
Yes I thought that was a bad move and to this day I feel like Jackson is a big reason to why the Warriors are a championship program. Jackson is credited for helping Curry and Thompson before Kerr arrived. I do think Kerr is a very good coach but I think he's riding on Jackson's coattail. And I'm sure there are others that feel the same way but they want speak their mind on this. I will.

Now I know where your mind is headed but before you claim me to be a racist for the umptenth time I was the first poster on USCFootball site to say the Lakers need to get rid of Byron Scott and hire Luke Walton as their head coach. With that being said, there is no need for you to use the race card against me in this one sir. I've already fixed that.;)

Ok one claim at a time. #1. Lovie wasn't turning anything around and his record proved it. He had two more losses over same time span than his predecessor. #2. Active super bowl coaches, The hoodie, Carrol, Ried, Tomlin, Fisher, Payton, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Fox, that's just off top off my head. But it's 9 coaches and over 1/4 of the league. You loose again. #3. If it's not about race then what is it? He was a 500 coach who was fired, big deal, happens all the time in this league. Everything with you is race your a racist just like Steven A Smith remember? #4. You haven't proved anything here except your to ignorant to look at the facts. Probably because your racism corrupts your vision. Everything you have brought to the table here has been proven wrong with fact. Lovie's record his defensive ranks, zero history with QB development, etc. And this is your "A" game? Hate to see you at anything less because you would probably be licking your computer screen.
You just don't get it. You are irrelevant. You need to stop lying IndianPride. You're better than that.;)

I thought the Jackson move was also bad initially, and in this case the Warriors ownership went for who they wanted to get them to the next step and install the San Antonio offense. Jackson definitely was a major positive impact to get them to where they are and mainly on the defensive side of the ball. The Warriors have also given Jackson credit where it was due. It helps to have a superstar or two, but I'm not so sure Jackson would have the Warriors offense passing the ball like it does today. I think it takes someone from the system or at least learn from a coach that was in it. If it was a 5% improvement with Kerr it seems that was what it took to win the crown. Warriors probably still a top level NBA team / playoff team if Jackson coached them, but I do think Kerr and his staff helped get them over the top.

Last edited:
Finally a poster that gets it!!! Nothing racist about saying Lovie's firing was BS!!! If the Seahawks fired Pete Carroll at the end of this year I would say the same damn thing. BULLSHIT!!! A few years back when the NY G-man were talking about firing Coughlin I said BULLSHIT!!! Calling someone a racist is the only defense "IndianPride" has in this debate. His credibility isn't worth a can of beans especially after all the lies in his previous post. IndianPride is nothing more than a chronic liar. With that being said, Lovie is a super bowl coach and to fire him after two seasons is highly disrespectful no matter if he was yellow. But like I said, it's good to see there are posters on this site that get it.

LOL you do realize that your trying to compare winning SB coaches being fired with a guy who is a 500 coach right? I also like how you ignore fact to continue on with your reality. Like the claim I couldn't name a quarter of the leagues coaches who had taken their team to a SB. A fact that was easily proven without even a search mind you. If it's not about race then why post the Steven A Smith video with Herm where gist of it was race and Rooney rule.(A racist rule by the way) If it's not about race then why are you not outraged by Pettine being fired? He had more wins than the three previous coaches? Or Tomsula who only had one year to try and get it done? Simple fact is NFL owners are impatient and expect results, 8 wins in two years isn't going to give you job security in the league.

I thought the Jackson move was also bad initially, and in this case the Warriors ownership went for who they wanted to get them to the next step and install the San Antonio offense. Jackson definitely was a major positive impact to get them to where they are and mainly on the defensive side of the ball. The Warriors have also given Jackson credit where it was due. It helps to have a superstar or two, but I'm not so sure Jackson would have the Warriors offense passing the ball like it does today. I think it takes someone from the system or at least learn from a coach that was in it. If it was a 5% improvement with Kerr it seems that was what it took to win the crown. Warriors probably still a top level NBA team / playoff team if Jackson coached them, but I do think Kerr and his staff helped get them over the top.
Good take on this. I can't say Jackson was the coach to get the Warriors over the top but they were headed in the right direction before he was fired. I have a close friend that lives in Richmond that's still pissed at the Warriors for giving up Montel Ellis for Curry. I just look at him with a blank stare every time he brings that crap up. C'mon man!!!

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
LOL you do realize that your trying to compare winning SB coaches being fired with a guy who is a 500 coach right? I also like how you ignore fact to continue on with your reality. Like the claim I couldn't name a quarter of the leagues coaches who had taken their team to a SB. A fact that was easily proven without even a search mind you. If it's not about race then why post the Steven A Smith video with Herm where gist of it was race and Rooney rule.(A racist rule by the way) If it's not about race then why are you not outraged by Pettine being fired? He had more wins than the three previous coaches? Or Tomsula who only had one year to try and get it done? Simple fact is NFL owners are impatient and expect results, 8 wins in two years isn't going to give you job security in the league.
Comparing Pettine to Lovie is like comparing apples and oranges. Lovie is a veteran coach with playoff experience along with a super bowl appearance. Pettine is a second year coach learning the trade. I think Pettine got a raw deal but not as raw of a deal as Lovie. When it comes to Tomsula he wasn't ready to be a head coach in the NFL. I blame him for putting himself in a no win situation. Everyone isn't head coach material and this applies to Tomsula. He's not head coach material on the NFL level. Not yet at least. When I said name the coaches in regards to the SB I just threw a number out there. You passed the test son. Now name half if you can. I'll be waiting.... (Gopher) lol!!! At the end of the day Lovie has taken his team to the super bowl and you can discredit him all you want but he's better than an average coach under the right circumstances.

At the end of the day Lovie has taken his team to the super bowl and you can discredit him all you want but he's better than an average coach under the right circumstances.

At the end of the day Lovie is exactly a average coach period. Winning % in playoffs 500, regular season 506. There is a reason he, Pettine, Tomsula, etc, end up in jobs like Tampa, SF, etc. They aren't desirable jobs to have so teams settle for what they can get. That's guys like the above mentioned. Good may be even great coordinators but not very good head guys. Big picture looking at Bucs history, combined with coach history/record this move shouldn't shock anybody.

At the end of the day Lovie is exactly a average coach period. Winning % in playoffs 500, regular season 506. There is a reason he, Pettine, Tomsula, etc, end up in jobs like Tampa, SF, etc. They aren't desirable jobs to have so teams settle for what they can get. That's guys like the above mentioned. Good may be even great coordinators but not very good head guys. Big picture looking at Bucs history, combined with coach history/record this move shouldn't shock anybody.
OMG!!! STOP IT!!!! You did not refer to SF as not being a desirable job. Tell us what job in the NFL is more desirable than the 49ers? IP just take this "L" like a man and fight another day. You fought a good fight but when you have to depend on lying and misrepresenting the truth you lose the debate. You have lied on me more than once in your post so just surrender. I promise I won't hold this "L" against you in the future. Do us all a favor and quit while you're ahead.;)

Last edited:
OMG!!! STOP IT!!!! You did not refer to SF as not being a desirable job. Tell us what job in the NFL is more desirable than the 49ers? IP just take this "L" like a man and fight another day. You fought a good fight but when you have to depend on lying and misrepresenting the truth you lose the debate. You have lied on me more than once in your post so just surrender. I promise I won't hold this "L" against you in the future. Do us all a favor and quite while you're ahead.;)

I didn't misrepresent anything here, everything I said was fact. Let put it like this every job at this except for maybe the Browns is more desire able than SF.

So who developed Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs into all pro players, you? So you gonna tell us Lovie gets no credit for developing these players of his? If that's what you're selling you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking such a thing. I bet Winston would disagree with you in regards to Lovie's firing won't hurt him. It could hurt him emotionally and Winston is the type of dude that plays on emotions more so then experience and knowledge at this point of his career. So to say you don't see where the firing of Lovie will hurt Winston is short sighted at best.

C'mon "THU" you better than this man!!! Shit, maybe I gave you more credit than you deserve for being smarter than IP. I don't know maybe I was wrong. Look man, don't allow IndianPride to mislead you into posting stuff that don't make sense. You're starting to sound more and more like that liar the more you post. Not good my friend. Would hate to see you turn into a chronic liar like IP when the facts aren't there to support your version of a story.:cool:

I didn't misrepresent anything here, everything I said was fact. Let put it like this every job at this except for maybe the Browns is more desire able than SF.
You do know the 49ers have a brand spanking new stadium, right? So are you foolish enough to say the Titans, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Lions, Rams, Raiders, Chargers, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Ravens, Bengals and Colts are a more desirable franchise than the 5 time Super Bowl champion 49ers???

So who developed Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs into all pro players, you?

Briggs we can give him credit for if you need to justify him. But reality is Urlacher had four pro bowl season under his belt before Lovie was even with the Bears. He only made two pro bowls while Lovie was there so a arguement could be made he got worse I suppose. As for Briggs did Lovie make him or playing opposite Urlacher benefit him? Valid question but either way Lovie is a D coordinator not a head coach, and the Bucs i guess feel the same way.

You do know the 49ers have a brand spanking new stadium, right? So are you foolish enough to say the Titans, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Lions, Rams, Raiders, Chargers, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Ravens, Bengals and Colts are a more desirable franchise than the 5 time Super Bowl champion 49ers???

I'm talking purely from a football stand point, here. The 49ers are a wreck from ownership on down. Now if you want to look at location etc, there is no better place to live in the country may be the world than the Bay Area. So from that point of view it's the best job.

I'm talking purely from a football stand point, here. The 49ers are a wreck from ownership on down. Now if you want to look at location etc, there is no better place to live in the country may be the world than the Bay Area. So from that point of view it's the best job.
From an ownership perspective they are a mess but that can be quickly turned around with the right coach. So for you to say the only job SF is more desirable than is the Browns is a little far fetched. With that being said, it's about time you're using your head for more than just childish lies. Didn't understand why you felt you needed to take that route in the first place. You see real man don't lie to get their point across to another man. They just tell it like it is. You see things different than I do and I see things differently than you but that's okay. Different strokes for different folks kind of thing. No need of lying to get your point across. That turns a good or great debate into a bunch of BS! We're man and if the kitchen gets too hot bow out like a man but don't start lying like a "B". As you can see I hate liars and a bully ain't too far behind. So hopefully next time we get into a debate or disagreement you'll leave the silly lies out of the debate. I'm not going anywhere and I'm sure you're not as well so until we bump heads again it's been fun but I have to run. Got money to make and can't make it conversing with you over a moot situation. From Texass to Washington. (3.5 racks) From Washington to Florida (6 racks) in 7 days. How you like me now.;)

Last edited:
So who developed Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs into all pro players, you? So you gonna tell us Lovie gets no credit for developing these players of his? If that's what you're selling you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking such a thing. I bet Winston would disagree with you in regards to Lovie's firing won't hurt him. It could hurt him emotionally and Winston is the type of dude that plays on emotions more so then experience and knowledge at this point of his career. So to say you don't see where the firing of Lovie will hurt Winston is short sighted at best.

C'mon "THU" you better than this man!!! Shit, maybe I gave you more credit than you deserve for being smarter than IP. I don't know maybe I was wrong. Look man, don't allow IndianPride to mislead you into posting stuff that don't make sense. You're starting to sound more and more like that liar the more you post. Not good my friend. Would hate to see you turn into a chronic liar like IP when the facts aren't there to support your version of a story.:cool:

Haha relax Cali im just busting your balls with the mark jackson line....And as Indianpride pointed out Urlacher was a star far before Lovie even sniffed a HC job. Oh and Norcal apparently you heard wrong because Lovie smith is far from being an offensive minded coach. Im just going to assume you meant Defensive minded coach. The only time he has ever coached an offensive position was at a prep school in the early 80s and he was a DB/WR coach. Lovie smith is a great mentor to players. He is a class act but there is little to no support that he could help Winston on the field. The emotional line is BS and you know it. The credit goes to the OC Koetter who is being strongly considered for the HC job. Could Lovie help Winston mature and become a professional? Sure but there is no evidence he helps him become a star QB. Lovie is well respected and is known for being a players coach so im sure a lot of the players werent happy about him being fired. Lovie is a very good defensive coach so I will give you Briggs and Tillman but lets not forget those guys were drafted before Lovie was hired so obviously someone in the front office saw something they liked. Forte and Greg Olsen are the only offensive players I can think of that were brought in to chicago while they were young and panned out to be good. Cedric Benson had some good seasons but that was with the Bengals. Lets also not forget he had Ron Rivera as his DC the first 3 years and helped in the development of those LBs. Im not saying I agree with the firing of Lovie I just dont disagree with it because there is little to no evidence that he could help build up that young team.

I do agree with IndianPride about job openings. The only job that is worse than 49ers is Browns. The niners havnt won a super bowl since 1994. They have zero players to build a franchise around. Bowman is 27 and by the time the 49ers are relevant again he will be a FA. Staley is 31 and on back end of his career. Reid cant stay healthy. Hyde has to stay healthy to be considered a building block for the future... They have no QB no WRs no TE a poor OL. I mean really outside of being in the bay area with a new stadium and a winning franchise that hasnt won in over 20 years what makes them a good job???

Last edited:
Reactions: Indianpride45
@calitrojan - I haven't lied here about anything you dipshit. Everything I have stated has been based in fact. You may not agree but that doesn't make it a lie! As for a good coach fixing SF issues? They had one and ownership/front office ran him out of town. That how they ended up with Tomsula, remember. So apart from a ownership change its not a desirable destination for a quality coach. In my humble opinion.

@calitrojan - I haven't lied here about anything you dipshit.
All I could do is laugh!!! I'm actually referring to the thread in regards to Mixon. Nice try though.

You remember these lies you spewed that don't hold water???

Lol, who said anything about not forgiving Ray or Mixon? I think most have a problem with the fact your trying to justify Mixons actions by assigning all the blame on the women. That's just plain childish and ignorant. Again there is no excuse for decking this women in this particular incident period.

In justifying the actions of Mixon you are assigning the guilt to the women. i mean it's not hard to figure that out is it?
You're just a pathological liar and the truth ain't in you. Throughout that thread I made it clear that both Mixon and the intoxicated girl were both at fault for their senseless behavior. Not once did I say all the blame is on the intoxicated girl. You tried to spin it into a racial debate. You eventually figured out your remarks were off base and quickly left that situation alone.

You see, to me it didn't matter what color the girl was she still had to share some of the blame with Mixon because of her (assault) actions. I'm sure you would have been very proud of your daughter had she acted like this over the top intoxicated girl. You actually owe me an apology but you're not man enough to do so because you're not a stand up guy. You're not even close but hopefully you will grow into a real man one day like myself.;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT