ADVERTISEMENT

This some BS!!!!

That's the difference between ME and Koetter. I would have told the Bucs management no thank you because without Lovie Smith I wouldn't be here. I don't work like that and if Koetter is that good I'm sure he had offers coming from other teams.

CT4L
That is my point, Koetter is due to make at least what Lovie was making, which was $5,000,000. He was not anywhere near that as an OC. Average OC salary is $800,000. So you are telling me that he should have stayed loyal and turned down a 4 million dollar pay raise? I don't think so. The bucs wanted to keep him, other teams obviously wanted him. So the Bucs fired Lovie to create an opening and then offered the job to Koetter. I know that Koetter had nothing to do with Lovie getting fired,its just the way it goes. The only other scenario that could have kept the status quo would have been if the Bucs paid Koetter as much as he would have been offered to be a HC, which would have meant giving Lovie Smith a raise, which he wouldn't have deserved.

Lovie Smith is a great coach and will find another job, very soon.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
That is my point, Koetter is due to make at least what Lovie was making, which was $5,000,000. He was not anywhere near that as an OC. Average OC salary is $800,000. So you are telling me that he should have stayed loyal and turned down a 4 million dollar pay raise? I don't think so. The bucs wanted to keep him, other teams obviously wanted him. So the Bucs fired Lovie to create an opening and then offered the job to Koetter. I know that Koetter had nothing to do with Lovie getting fired,its just the way it goes. The only other scenario that could have kept the status quo would have been if the Bucs paid Koetter as much as he would have been offered to be a HC, which would have meant giving Lovie Smith a raise, which he wouldn't have deserved.

Lovie Smith is a great coach and will find another job, very soon.
I have nothing against the way you come up or the principles you go by to gain monetary status. I was raised with certain values and loyalty is very high on that list. I stand for something and money won't change that. That being said "youngcoach", I see nothing more to debate here. Have a good one.

CT4L

Lovie Smith should have rightfully so been fired. This was a decision that moves this franchise in the right direction. Black, White or any other race, he deserved to be fired. I am not disagreeing that some of the guys you listed should be or will be in the near future fired but I am 100% behind the Lovie's firing.

There have been better coaches with a winning record that have been fired? Do you watch the NBA, Cavs coach was fired with a 31-11 record this season and it so happens, he is white. Lose the race card, that gets so old and boring around here.

Marty Schottenheimer, who was 14-2 in 2007 with the San Diego Chargers was fired at the end of the year? 14-2, I didn't see any posts from you when he was let go. He has a 206-139-1 record, so go sell crazy somewhere else. Oh by the way, what color is Schottenheimer, just curious?

Lovie Smith should have rightfully so been fired. This was a decision that moves this franchise in the right direction. Black, White or any other race, he deserved to be fired. I am not disagreeing that some of the guys you listed should be or will be in the near future fired but I am 100% behind the Lovie's firing.

There have been better coaches with a winning record that have been fired? Do you watch the NBA, Cavs coach was fired with a 31-11 record this season and it so happens, he is white. Lose the race card, that gets so old and boring around here.

Marty Schottenheimer, who was 14-2 in 2007 with the San Diego Chargers was fired at the end of the year? 14-2, I didn't see any posts from you when he was let go. He has a 206-139-1 record, so go sell crazy somewhere else. Oh by the way, what color is Schottenheimer, just curious?
Marty is a good coach and it was unfortunate that he was fired as well but that has nothing to do with Lovie's situation. To make Lovie's OC the head coach is down right DIRTY! This is what people do that don't respect or have loyalty to others. I guarantee you the Bucs are going to be shittier moving forward because of this. When you do dirt it comes back on you. Believe that. Here's my first two post in this thread and nowhere will you find race you moron. Now take your sensitive ass somewhere else with this racist crap.

Post #1

Post #2
Lovie Smith has a winning record throughout his coaching career. From 1996 to 2003 the Bears had a losing record until Smith became there head coach. Smith had a losing record three times in the nine years he was with the Bears. And now this man can't finish out his contract with a terrible Bucs organization and track record. How does this happen???

Active coaches that should be fired before Smith:

1. Rex Ryan best season was an 11-5 Jets team. Hasn't smelt the playoffs in 5 seasons.

2. Jeff Fisher hasn't made the playoffs in the last 6 years. After 21 years of head coaching this dude has reached post season play 6 times. He's won one conference title and zero super bowls in twenty one years as a head coach. And he's still a head coach. For real?

3. Jason Garrett has made the playoffs one year in his 6 years as a head coach. And no one on this board can tell me that the Bucs have more talent and more to resources than the Cowboys.

4. Gus Bradley has won 12 games in 3 seasons and there is no talk about him being fired. Nuff said.

5. Mike McCoy win/lose record as well as post season play isn't looking too good with the Chargers but he's keeping his job.

With that being said, Lovie Smith is an excellent developer of man and was the right coach to mentor Jameis Winston throughout his early professional football career. I won't be surprise if the next coach has Winston spiraling down hill in the next few years. I don't understand the reasoning behind this firing but I hope it's warranted because right now it isn't.

CT4L

Well Lovie is now the NEW HC at The University of Illinois. I told you he would get another job. I am really excited to see the staff he assembles and how well he can recruit.

Well Lovie is now the NEW HC at The University of Illinois. I told you he would get another job. I am really excited to see the staff he assembles and how well he can recruit.

I wish Lovie well coaching in the Big 10 is no small task

I'm sure will be seeing more quality professional coaches going the college route in the near future.

CT4L

603784_10203967404537433_4261352951712436114_n_zpsacbyhj0h.jpg

giphy.gif

Good Grief my faithful servant!!!!!
Someone cooked your cornflakes Rare this morning
Today you have become a fountain of information...
---------------------------------- BREAK ----------------------------------

I will put you in charge of many things starting now

---------------------------------- BREAK ----------------------------------

I want my MTV

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT