ADVERTISEMENT

Time travel reverse.......

Saw the thread title and thought Muds was back, lol sorry 17

One could wish, but........

At a dark time of my life Muds became my Obi Wan Kenobi of sports, my Ratso Rizzo of Prep message boards.
I was lost in the wilderness. My Raiders and A's were so bad I could go out to the now defunct Wal Mart on Hegenberger and get pugged (sort of a reverse mugging, except the perp would slip unwanted Coliseum tickets in my pocket)
Cal continued to break my sporting heart worse than that cute gal across the room that I had just sent a drink to; only to discover that she and the waitress were on the same "team".........just not a good time.

Then like the sudden appearance of a brightly lit truck stop at 2:00 in the morning along Kansas's Interstate 70 during a January white out blizzard I discovered the Muddenguts on this very message Board. In the manner of an armchair Dr Oz, Muds' observations were the defibrillator that got my sports ticker going.
But within a few seasons similar to Jeremiah Johnson disappearing into the Rockies, the Mudster (and his Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde counterpart ....the always entertaining O'Reilly persona in the Spartanhood) had wandered off into the internet wilderness.......He was special; like a 50 yard concrete slab pour at 7 in morning on a cool SF morning.
I miss him but never will forget him.

And by the way, the original reason for this (nm) post was corrected when my 401K (concrete junior my college graduate son) returned home and punched something on the keyboard 2x and made my problem go away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT