ADVERTISEMENT

Video of why CC QB ejected. Total bs for an official to make this call.

He looks like he completely missed that headbutt.

But if he made contact, rules are rules.

That’s unfortunate. Sorry to see that minor incident lead to an ejection in a section championship game. I agree, bs. Especially since the del oro player started it. Ref probably had a personal bias in this game that he couldnt let go of. That kind of minor shoving occurs in nearly every game ive ever seen.

That’s unfortunate. Sorry to see that minor incident lead to an ejection in a section championship game. I agree, bs. Especially since the del oro player started it. Ref probably had a personal bias in this game that he couldnt let go of. That kind of minor shoving occurs in nearly every game ive ever seen.

Where you there? If you were, then you would know that there were lots of late hits, by both sides, during the 1st quarter, it had been building and in fact DO got the first and only PF for it after the refs finally said enough is enough. Del Oro got lots of penalties called against it. As a DO person, I could point to facemasking calls against DO that were not...etc.

Suggesting bias is disingenuous.

Where you there? If you were, then you would know that there were lots of late hits, by both sides, during the 1st quarter, it had been building and in fact DO got the first and only PF for it after the refs finally said enough is enough. Del Oro got lots of penalties called against it. As a DO person, I could point to facemasking calls against DO that were not...etc.
Not being a sexist, but the female official was on a power trip and making questionable calls both ways (yes, I was there). But, I would say most of the bad calls were against DO.

Suggesting bias is disingenuous.

RidgeRider, I was there and saw entire game. Did you think it was right call to eject CC qb on this play? Neither player was even mad after the play. It was a play that happens probably 20 times a game where 2 kids get tangled up and they push away from each other. I am not claiming anything about officials, just talking about this play that obviously affected CC in 4 th Q as you would’ve seen if there.
This was horrible...

Reactions: SearsPoints
Not being a sexist, but the female official was on a power trip and making questionable calls both ways (yes, I was there). But, I would say most of the bad calls were against DO.

I’m not blaming refs for certain calls throughout game for the lose. Just calling out this ridiculous call in a section championship game or any is horrible. Calls will go back and forth in most games played.

I will bite on what bad calls went against DO? Curious to hear this.

Did you see the interception on the half back pass? The one where the dB grabbed the wr with 2 hands because he was beat that allowed for a DO pick?

By the way, I've seen the actual film and the CC QB hit #3 from DO twice, helmet to helmet, and was trying for a third time. He deserved to be thrown out.

RidgeRider, I was there and saw entire game. Did you think it was right call to eject CC qb on this play? Neither player was even mad after the play. It was a play that happens probably 20 times a game where 2 kids get tangled up and they push away from each other. I am not claiming anything about officials, just talking about this play that obviously affected CC in 4 th Q as you would’ve seen if there.
This was horrible...

Yes, I have watched the film, frame by frame, two shots to the head, and trying for a third. He was rightfully tossed, if you care about concussions.

What the heck? The actual film is posted here?

You’ve lost all objectivity. Haha.

That's not the only film, as you probably know, however even in that film, where you can't stop it and it's grainy, you can see the QB from CC make the very first helmet to helmet contact as he first gets to #3.

look at the film, it's clear he lowers his head on first contact...he did it twice before missing on the third attempt, that's why #3 shoved him back

That's not the only film, as you probably know, however even in that film, where you can't stop it and it's grainy, you can see the QB from CC make the very first helmet to helmet contact as he first gets to #3.

look at the film, it's clear he lowers his head on first contact

He was lead blocker makes contact and then DO player pushes his head back. Clear as day as you can see QB head go flying back. He returns with a push off. He was ejected for “throwing a punch”. There was no punch thrown.

He was lead blocker makes contact and then DO player pushes his head back. Clear as day as you can see QB head go flying back. He returns with a push off. He was ejected for “throwing a punch”. There was no punch thrown.

first contact was head to head, with the QB leading with his head. He was rightfully tossed because he did it more than once.

first contact was head to head, with the QB leading with his head. He was rightfully tossed because he did it more than once.
Your comment doesn’t even make sense.... It really doesn’t. I’m not trying to be rude to you so that’s all I’ll say. Lol.

Your comment doesn’t even make sense.... It really doesn’t. I’m not trying to be rude to you so that’s all I’ll say. Lol.

It's cool. What you shared, you can't see it clearly, but again, if you look at it more than once you can see first contact, even on that grainy film where you can't see frame by frame.

Tell you what, next time you see DO play this season, stop #3, and ask him what happened on that play. Ask him how many times he was head butted.

It's cool. What you shared, you can't see it clearly, but again, if you look at it more than once you can see first contact, even on that grainy film where you can't see frame by frame.

Tell you what, next time you see DO play this season, stop #3, and ask him what happened on that play. Ask him how many times he was head butted.
I seen it live directly in front of me... I posted what I saw on mb but waiting to confirm on film. Sometimes we see things differently in flow of game. Film backs up exactly what I saw.
Anyone that watches and or knows football knows this was not a “intentional” headbutt. Players will go head to head on every play in a game, it’s the situations that draw penalties. Blocking on line isn’t against a defenseless player. EVEN IF IT WAS A HEADBUTT, The kid was ejected for THROWING A PUNCH. He didn’t throw a punch.
The bottom line is he was ejected for throwing a punch. You have not even said one time he threw a punch.

He was ejected for “throwing a punch”. There was no punch thrown.

After watching the video yes I think he was ejected for a punch. This “head butt” or “helmet to helmet” stuff I have no clue what people are talking about. QB is lead blocker here and helmet to helmet happens and is legal here. Anyrate watch the video at the end his right arm clearly makes a punching motion and they separate and he walks away. Now debate is if it was a punch or not video isn’t clear here. If it was a punch he clearly should have been ejected.

After watching the video yes I think he was ejected for a punch. This “head butt” or “helmet to helmet” stuff I have no clue what people are talking about. QB is lead blocker here and helmet to helmet happens and is legal here. Anyrate watch the video at the end his right arm clearly makes a punching motion and they separate and he walks away. Now debate is if it was a punch or not video isn’t clear here. If it was a punch he clearly should have been ejected.
Spot on and agree with everything. It was a shove off at end but I understand your point.
Still wishing luck to DO next round.

Spot on and agree with everything. It was a shove off at end but I understand your point.
Still wishing luck to DO next round.

Punch or push I can’t say. Action looks like a quick punch and he got caught. Reports seem to state games was chippy and ref’s needed to get control. Maybe in a game that wasn’t so chippy they treat it as a push not a punch. Video is also pretty clear that DO’s kid gets his hand to face area of QB right before punch/push happens. This action makes me think it was a punch not a push but again I can’t make that call based on video. Best angle would be from field and that where officials are.

Ref was right there and could see what led to the punch. I never denied there was punch but what is being ignored and laughed at, is the head contact made by the QB of Central Catholic, not once, not twice, but three times. And since none of us are the that QB, we don't know what was intentional or not....what I know is the QB lowered his head, three times. I agree head contact happens, but as a ref, it's clear what led to the pushing. I've seen the film, frame by frame. He was rightfully tossed.

I never denied there was punch but what is being ignored and laughed at, is the head contact made by the QB of Central Catholic, not once, not twice, but three times.

Lol, people are ignoring the head contact because it’s a none issue here and legal. The punch/push is what is the problem. Had that not happened there would be no foul period on this play.

Reactions: MonkeyAde
Ref was right there and could see what led to the punch. I never denied there was punch but what is being ignored and laughed at, is the head contact made by the QB of Central Catholic, not once, not twice, but three times. And since none of us are the that QB, we don't know what was intentional or not....what I know is the QB lowered his head, three times. I agree head contact happens, but as a ref, it's clear what led to the pushing. I've seen the film, frame by frame. He was rightfully tossed.

Maybe what’s clear to you isn’t so clear to others. DO kid had CC qb by face mask yanking on it driving his head down. CC QB retaliates by pushing him away. Here is a slow motion video showing exactly that. DO kids arm fully extended and CC qb head whipped back and then drug forward.

Reactions: Truthhertz
You're joking and sort of ridiculous. LOL. That film so blurry you can't tell where the hand is. The film I am watching, which is MUCH clearer, has #3 pushing the CC QB in the neck/upper chest after he was hit in the head by him. You can't tell that from that film. It's laughable.

By the way, head contact is NOT legal when intentional. Been to a game lately?

Lol, people are ignoring the head contact because it’s a none issue here and legal. The punch/push is what is the problem. Had that not happened there would be no foul period on this play.

The head contact is exactly what lead to the shoving. Context.

You're joking and sort of ridiculous. LOL. That film so blurry you can't tell where the hand is. The film I am watching, which is MUCH clearer, has #3 pushing the CC QB in the neck/upper chest after he was hit in the head by him. You can't tell that from that film. It's laughable.

Post your film so we can see it then because honestly you don’t sound like you know anything about football... If you don’t, you’re full of ....You obviously don’t know the rules either. We saw it live in front of us and film backs it up. The film is laughable to you because your trying not to see it.
Since your film is so much clearer, I’m sure it’s going to show a punch from CC qb right? Since that’s why he was ejected, not some helmet to helmet nonsense made up by you. Since it’s clear enough to show how a player can push someone in chest-neck area and force their head straight back. Lol

Looks pretty mundane to me. I don’t think he should have been tossed, especially in a section title game. One of those plays where had he not been ejected, no one would have been on here showing the video claiming this should have been an ejection.

Dude you need to take your soccer mom attitude to a different forum this one is dedicated to football. There is nothing illegal about “head contact” on this play! There is no targeting, no defenseless player, nothing. The head contact is legal period! It the punch/push that is the question. It’s not complex at all.

Reactions: MonkeyAde
Punch or push I can’t say. Action looks like a quick punch and he got caught. Reports seem to state games was chippy and ref’s needed to get control. Maybe in a game that wasn’t so chippy they treat it as a push not a punch. Video is also pretty clear that DO’s kid gets his hand to face area of QB right before punch/push happens. This action makes me think it was a punch not a push but again I can’t make that call based on video. Best angle would be from field and that where officials are.

Can you think of any other situation where someone throws a punch at someone, then immediately turns their back on them?

If anything looked like a punch, the action at the 0:06 mark did. The QB was clearly trying to get #3 off of him.

I'm not a fan of either team, but we do see things like all the time. Maybe a personal foul is called, maybe it isn't. But, you would almost never see an ejection for this.

As for the "I was there, I know what happened" crowd, I'll take a video over your memory any day.

Looks pretty mundane to me. I don’t think he should have been tossed, especially in a section title game. One of those plays where had he not been ejected, no one would have been on here showing the video claiming this should have been an ejection.

Good point.

I'm not a fan of either team, but we do see things like all the time. Maybe a personal foul is called, maybe it isn't. But, you would almost never see an ejection for this.

Wrong, a punch is almost always a ejection in HS football.

If anything looked like a punch, the action at the 0:06 mark did. The QB was clearly trying to get #3 off of him.[/QU

No arguement here but it’s almost always the retaliation that gets caught.

Can you think of any other situation where someone throws a punch at someone, then immediately turns their back on them?[/QUOTE

Happens all the time you should get out more.

Two plays previous, he took a swing at #54 and missed (frustration), the play previous, he threw a dropped pic to #2 (frustration), and on that play he tried to headbutt #3, three times and then took a swing. He was tossed for the punch, but all that other stuff had the refs looking and made them not think twice. Go back and watch the film on HUDL. Every kid and coach on that field has access to it. Find one.

He was tossed for good reason.

Two plays previous, he took a swing at #54 and missed (frustration), the play previous, he threw a dropped pic to #2 (frustration), and on that play he tried to headbutt #3, three times and then took a swing. He was tossed for the punch, but all that other stuff had the refs looking and made them not think twice. Go back and watch the film on HUDL. Every kid and coach on that field has access to it. Find one.

He was tossed for good reason.

Here's a tip... never ask someone to review footage unless it actually supports your assertion.

No, you're dead wrong about pretty much everything.

How soon we forget...

Do a quick search of "fighting" or "ejection" on this board and you will see that a month ago there were quite a few people up in arms about cheap shots, late hits and bench clearing brawls. Something had to be done! Parents. coaches, players and officials all took shots and being the cause.

Does anyone think that the CIF and the officials didn't notice the trend and adjust their level of tolerance down in response? I know for sure that even the closest sideline seat, pales in comparison to what you can see and hear on the field itself. There may have been comments, actions and attitudes that won't show up on any film that were obvious to a guy in strips an arms length away.

It certainly appears to be out of the ordinary, but the ordinary was quickly becoming a free for all and I imagine what we are seeing is the officials response to try to mitigate the outcomes and turn the tide towards good sportsmanship.

Here's a tip... never ask someone to review footage unless it actually supports your assertion.

Exactly. Here’s a clip of the play he’s saying was a punch also. It was a fake pass after handoff. If you watch the game, the qb never once argues or complains to officials, never gets into it with other players. I know this kid, very kind and docile. In fact I wish he had more aggression that’s being portrayed. Just not the case with him.

Last edited:
Ok. I know two officials on the game and both said the QB was ejected for punching, not for head butting as you all are arguing here although the headbutting is now an electable offense in high school football due to the concussion concerns.

Now from the film we see you can not tell but the NFHS rulebook is very clear on punching. It is an automatic ejection whether or not it is done in self defense. If you throw a punch you get tossed. There is a zero tolerance on this matter.

Exactly. Here’s a clip of the play he’s saying was a punch also. It was a fake pass after handoff. If you watch the game, the qb never once argues or complains to officials, never gets into it with other players. I know this kid, very kind and docile. In fact I wish he had more aggression that’s being portrayed. Just not the case with him.

That’s a pretty piss poor attempt at a fake pass. It’s also piss poor attempt at a punch. That does look like a decent slap however. Maybe he identified as a girl on that play and slapped instead of punched? Who knows but that was not a attempt to fake a pass.

Last edited:

I’ve watched it from two angles and stick by my observations. You’re disagreement doesn’t change what happened.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT