ADVERTISEMENT

Vista del Lago drops JV

SacFB

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2009
Just found out the Vista del Lago in Folsom dropped JV due to low numbers and injuries on varsity. All JV players and coaches moving up to varsity. Not sure why such a low turnout in a school that now has 1900 kids attending. I get that all the kids in town want to play at Folsom due to their success, but it would be nice if some of the 60 or so players on the Folsom team chose Vista instead (and, in many instances, they would play vs. be on the bench).

It's a sign of the times, and ongoing trend, though, I think.

Very interesting and at a generally new school too. I think VDL is about 15 years old?

Very interesting and at a generally new school too. I think VDL is about 15 years old?

11 years old now - but it's continued to grow in enrollment and is now at 1900 students so you think they could get more out to play even with the Folsom influence drawing players away. My daughter is a junior there, and several of her male friends played as freshmen, but now concentrate on other sports. I know one dad whose daughter played VB with mine that was involved in the VDL program (maybe an assistant at some point) was highly critical of the head coach and AD - so maybe something about the entire program is awry.

I agree this sucks. At some point Vista will be the big dawg in town and a powerhouse overall. It will happen. The school is amazing and beautiful.

What's crazy is they've had a great little team the last few years in D3! It never got any publicity because of the beast in town. They were fun to watch!

Nature will run its course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT