ADVERTISEMENT

Was Oak Ridge versus Grant, now just another FOLSOM thread

No it wouldn’t because we still will run the same 2 plays all game with no game plan and play the players because they can’t get open on the fade routes

I was trying to be nice ;)

I do think a bigger more physical line would open up some more running lanes and might have kept some drives moving, but OR is a good run stopping D so not sure how much it would change things.

I was trying to be nice ;)

I do think a bigger more physical line would open up some more running lanes and might have kept some drives moving, but OR is a good run stopping D so not sure how much it would change things.

Running lanes not open because they run the same run play over and over. It’s not hard to game plan to stop us stop thr run and have your corners play deep. The most basic plays you can call we will run the same plays next year and just hope we get bigger linemen and faster players to hope we can convert more fade routes

Good observations fellas. I Cant do anything but shack my head in disbelief with the lack of offensive production and the void of any creativity on the offensive side of the ball. Its painful to watch so much talent being wasted. I only hope college recruiters see the potential, because some of these kids should have an opportunity to play on Saturday.

Reactions: coachlittle
It would be tough to be a Pacer fanatic right now. You guys are solid. Very talented. Kids play hard. I've always been a fan of the program. But watching tonight I just got the feeling OR was so much more prepared and better coached. OR is a very good team. A few D1 kids sprinkled in with a lot of tough HS players. But Grant is far and away more talented.

It would be tough to be a Pacer fanatic right now. You guys are solid. Very talented. Kids play hard. I've always been a fan of the program. But watching tonight I just got the feeling OR was so much more prepared and better coached. OR is a very good team. A few D1 kids sprinkled in with a lot of tough HS players. But Grant is far and away more talented.

It’s been like that for a while man we will never out coach a team but we get our wins on having the bigger and better players. This is the same team as last year they’ll finish 4-6 again and they could easily be the most talent team in sac. I came here last year and stated that when grant moves to the sfl everybody will realize that grant still has talent they just have the worst coaching staff in Sacramento. From the qb to the skill positions this team mirrors folsoms but you’ll never know it because of the coaches. They have a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR calling the plays. They are running the program into the ground when someone like Aaron Garcia would happily come in and instantly content with folsom

Reactions: Sacchiefs
It’s been like that for a while man we will never out coach a team but we get our wins on having the bigger and better players. This is the same team as last year they’ll finish 4-6 again and they could easily be the most talent team in sac. I came here last year and stated that when grant moves to the sfl everybody will realize that grant still has talent they just have the worst coaching staff in Sacramento. From the qb to the skill positions this team mirrors folsoms but you’ll never know it because of the coaches. They have a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR calling the plays. They are running the program into the ground when someone like Aaron Garcia would happily come in and instantly content with folsom
Little different coaching at OR/Folsom vs. at Grant

Just saying

Wow. 33-6. This surprised me. OR is a good team this year.

When OR lost 62-6 to Folsom, I knew they would come out swinging in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately for Grant, they will have some eye opening SFL games in the next 2-3 weeks. They will get running clocked at halftime against Folsom, but it will be good for that program moving forward, as I see them as more competitive in the next few years.

Reactions: Deltadodger
Grant needs an overhaul on the coaching ranks. Absolutely agree. There best plays were broken from line of scrimmage and they were very predictable. OR made some adjustments at halftime and really just exploited them. Grant should beat Whitney and Rocklin in SFL. 3 wins in a tougher league isn't bad. But from what I saw at the JV level it doesn't look that promising in the future.

Yeah better coaching. Watch a grant game and you wouldn’t believe we practice. Grant just needs a new coaching staff but it’ll never happen

After watching last night, I can see where the frustration comes from. Makes me wonder what the HC's philosophy is with his team.
Grant needs an overhaul on the coaching ranks. Absolutely agree. There best plays were broken from line of scrimmage and they were very predictable. OR made some adjustments at halftime and really just exploited them. Grant should beat Whitney and Rocklin in SFL. 3 wins in a tougher league isn't bad. But from what I saw at the JV level it doesn't look that promising in the future.

yea, their lack of any real creativity makes them fairly straightforward to game plan for and if you have some decent athletes, you can keep them in check on the edges. Agree with your comments. Whitney and Rocklin should be wins for Grant at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacchiefs
What I meant is, it is much more difficult to coach at Grant, there has to be more day to day issues that you don’t deal with at OR/Folsom.

True but Pittsburgh finds a way and I’m sure they are coached up better everybody knows the problems that go on in the neighborhood but I’m talking bout a offensive game plan. The reason grant is talented is because of the neighborhood it’s in so we can’t complsin too much

Reactions: RidgeRider
Wow. 33-6. This surprised me. OR is a good team this year.

When OR lost 62-6 to Folsom, I knew they would come out swinging in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately for Grant, they will have some eye opening SFL games in the next 2-3 weeks. They will get running clocked at halftime against Folsom, but it will be good for that program moving forward, as I see them as more competitive in the next few years.

Again if you watch the boxscore you’d believe that when you see them in person you’ll understand why. I told you this last year bulldog. But grant will have more impressive players on the field than folsom, folsom just puts its players in better situations. Grant has the fastest player in Sacramento and you’d never know their rb and wr is every bit as good as the ngata brothers and you’ll never know. Folsom is a little bigger upfront but the coaching will separate the two teams.

Again if you watch the boxscore you’d believe that when you see them in person you’ll understand why. I told you this last year bulldog. But grant will have more impressive players on the field than folsom, folsom just puts its players in better situations. Grant has the fastest player in Sacramento and you’d never know their rb and wr is every bit as good as the ngata brothers and you’ll never know. Folsom is a little bigger upfront but the coaching will separate the two teams.

Agree on the coaching but not on the players. I guess we will see it when the are on the field together.

Reactions: Knock Heads
Good! Next time Dabo Swinney and Nick Saban are in Folsom, we will direct them down the road to DP!
Exciting to finally have those schools looking at your players huh. You’ll soon see the talent that’s on the team. The type of players folsom has to get via “Reno” good to see you guys added another 1 lol more out of area players than any private in Sacramento atleast Mater Dei stays within California

I promise you there is a Sac private school with waaaaayyyy more transfers than them, probably more than the whole SFL combined.
Out of area meaning out of state that’s a total of 4 Reno players on this years roster. We won’t bring up the Sacramento area players

Reactions: RidgeRider
Sounds like Folsom is about a 2 touchdown underdog in the Grant game.

Folsom shouldn't even show up with they're lack of athletes and decent coaching.

Should be fun watching Joe Ngata get schooled. I can't wait.

Grant has some very nice players. I'm sure some low D1 type players. Warrens kid passes the eye test as a major D1 prospect but the performance on the field doesn't translate. Something is off?? He's not a difference maker and athleticism suggest he should be.

But make not mistake about it they aren't even in the same league as Folsom's kids. Not as individual talents or as a "TEAM". Folsom is going to win by 50. Or whatever they want to. Folsom has some legit pro type prospects. The JR TE Lynch will be the next huge prospect to come out of there. Amazing speed, hands, and coordination. Watch him in hoops and its incredible. 6"4 260 and super light on his feet.

Reactions: cookie530
Grant has some very nice players. I'm sure some low D1 type players. Warrens kid passes the eye test as a major D1 prospect but the performance on the field doesn't translate. Something is off?? He's not a difference maker and athleticism suggest he should be.

But make not mistake about it they aren't even in the same league as Folsom's kids. Not as individual talents or as a "TEAM". Folsom is going to win by 50. Or whatever they want to. Folsom has some legit pro type prospects. The JR TE Lynch will be the next huge prospect to come out of there. Amazing speed, hands, and coordination. Watch him in hoops and its incredible. 6"4 260 and super light on his feet.

Spot on. I respect the Grant kids and I would say they are very good athletically. But a team doesn't score 56 points on Oak Ridge off 15 offensive plays unless they are elite athletes.

Couldn't have said it better.

I did this on another thread five weeks ago, this is the current list of top 10 Norcal teams ratings:

1. DLS 75.3 NCS
2. Folsom 72.7 SJS
3. Liberty 57.8 NCS
4. Oak Ridge 51.1 SJS
5. Monterey Trails 50.0 SJS
6. Pittsburg 49.9 NCS
7. Del Oro 48.7 SJS
8. St. Francis 46.6 CCS
9. Cardinal Newman 45.7 NCS
10. Clayton Valley 45.6 NCS

#1/#2 on another level.

I did this on another thread five weeks ago, this is the current list of top 10 Norcal teams ratings:

1. DLS 75.3 NCS
2. Folsom 72.7 SJS
3. Liberty 57.8 NCS
4. Oak Ridge 51.1 SJS
5. Monterey Trails 50.0 SJS
6. Pittsburg 49.9 NCS
7. Del Oro 48.7 SJS
8. St. Francis 46.6 CCS
9. Cardinal Newman 45.7 NCS
10. Clayton Valley 45.6 NCS

#1/#2 on another level.

Thanks. have you seen Liberty Play? I would be curious how they would match up against Folsom. I have a feeling they are better than people think. Friend of mine said Butterfield is the best QB he's seen in person at this stage. Considering Goff was around these parts not long ago that is saying something.

Thanks. have you seen Liberty Play? I would be curious how they would match up against Folsom. I have a feeling they are better than people think. Friend of mine said Butterfield is the best QB he's seen in person at this stage. Considering Goff was around these parts not long ago that is saying something.
I have. IMO opinion, Folsom would beat Liberty by 3-4 scores likely a running clock. Honest opinion, not taking anything away from Liberty.

They will get running clocked at halftime against Folsom

Just a note - running clock at halftime has to be requested by the losing team. The rule is running clock automatically starts in the 4th quarter as soon as a team has a 35 point lead.

Just a note - running clock at halftime has to be requested by the losing team. The rule is running clock automatically starts in the 4th quarter as soon as a team has a 35 point lead.
I understand this. This is been standard for most Folsom games this year outside of the first against DLS.

Larry,
I watched Liberty vs. Vacaville on video to prepare for our Vacaville game. Liberty beat Vacaville 35-10. They looked good on film. It's difficult to truly measure up a team on film only, but they have players. That game was week 0, so I'm sure they have improved by then. I don't believe they could handle Folsom this year,which is not a knock, nobody can unless your from Concord and you sport "Spartans" on your jersey.

I don't believe they could handle Folsom this year,which is not a knock, nobody can unless your from Concord and you sport "Spartans" on your jersey.

And very few of those sporting Spartans on their jerseys are actually from Concord.

We will most likely win 4 games again while putting better talent on the field than most of the teams we play. Our youth program is ran better than our high school program and that’s the honest truth
Do you think Coach Alberghini should step down? The Pacers have been a helluva program for years, and he’s a huge part of that. Or do you think they just need some better assistant coaches/ coordinators?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT