ADVERTISEMENT
i agree completely about mcclymonds having speed and talent, but the point still stands that they don't even have enough people to field a team. riordan is being hyped as a team that is supposed to compete with the likes of junipero serra this year. do you think for a second that serra would play a close game against a team with 18 players? as the kids say........boy aint no way boy. you should be able to wear them down and pull away in the second half. riordan couldnt do that which is a massive red flag.
I agree with your take on Riordan…. They seem overhyped…. I picked them high in the pick’em believing they would win by multiple scores based on all this D1 talent we have heard they have….

And unlike @SFcityfan wants everyone to believe, this was not some great comeback by Riordan, Riordan actually was up 14-0 in the game and Mac took the game over on them and Riordan was helped tremendously when an interception bounced off the Mac players hands and into the hands of the Riordan player in the end zone for a TD….

So yes, I don’t see Serra allowing Mac to play a close game and I don’t think there is anyway Riordan beats Serra without Serra self destructing…. Good news is they play so we will find out…. 🤣

Mack’s new qb, Staples, is the real deal. He adds a different dimension with both his arm and legs compared to Mack’s recent run heavy offensive scheme.
For their low numbers, Mac is an extremely impressive team in person…. And you are right about their QB, he is a really talented player…..

Reactions: STRAIGHTFOOTBALL
The thing about Mac that I can't figure out... Is the fact that they are playing at Berean Christian on Oct. 5. I'll bet that one is about 50-0 before they even get to the half.

From the other point of view... WTF are those crazy Bible-thumpers thinking??

The week 1 analysis of Riordan after the Mack game checks my suspicions of them which is offensively they are tremendous. They are going to win games by outscoring you. Mack ran for over 200 yards rushing. That says to me 1) not interested in playing defense and 2) you may put up 30+ points but we are going to put up 40. This is not going to work against Serra and St. Francis, the teams you are trying to get over.

But who cares!? Because the purple and gold only "do it for the gram" and post flashy offensive highlights!

Interesting Stat: The Warriors’ loss to Riordan at the Mackhouse was its first home loss since 2018. SRV, Campolindo, Bellarmine, Marin Catholic, Downey, Manteca, and Bishop O’Dowd are some of the teams that came up short in West Oakland.

Reactions: WCAL88 and THEOC89
The week 1 analysis of Riordan after the Mack game checks my suspicions of them which is offensively they are tremendous. They are going to win games by outscoring you. Mack ran for over 200 yards rushing. That says to me 1) not interested in playing defense and 2) you may put up 30+ points but we are going to put up 40. This is not going to work against Serra and St. Francis, the teams you are trying to get over.

But who cares!? Because the purple and gold only "do it for the gram" and post flashy offensive highlights!
i hope i dont get banned for pointing this out but in order to win a game you have to outscore your opponent. so thats everybody's gameplan. the only exception is ygnacio valley obviously they have a different plan. loL.!

• Haha
Reactions: FBAddict
Interesting Stat: The Warriors’ loss to Riordan at the Mackhouse was its first home loss since 2018. SRV, Campolindo, Bellarmine, Marin Catholic, Downey, Manteca, and Bishop O’Dowd are some of the teams that came up short in West Oakland.
None of those teams has 7-10 D1 recruits on the field at once? I don’t think so at all

Riordan may have a flaw or two (or three) on the defensive side of the melon, but the Crusaders can definitely score, sometimes a lot. They are dangerous. Very much so.
I saw some highlights, they still can't tackle and don't look like they want to

None of those teams has 7-10 D1 recruits on the field at once? I don’t think so at all
Bellarmine and SRV were CIF runner ups when they played Mack. And Mack beat Manteca for the NorCal title. Yes. although the majority of those Riordan D1 recruits are underclassmen 6 juniors, 5 sophs and 1 freshman.

Bellarmine and SRV were CIF runner ups when they played Mack. And Mack beat Manteca for the NorCal title. Yes. although the majority of those Riordan D1 recruits are underclassmen 6 juniors, 5 sophs and 1 freshman.
Very true but Mack always had the speed advantage on those teams like they did against MC, they lose that advantage over Riordan and they huge size and depth deficit to Riordan

Very true but Mack always had the speed advantage on those teams like they did against MC, they lose that advantage over Riordan and they huge size and depth deficit to Riordan
i hope i don't get banned for pointing this out but what you said is exactly right you hit the head on the nail. considering what everyone was hyping up riordan to be there is no way they shouldve of played a close game against a team they could at least somewhat match speed wise, have a massive size advantage over, and three times the roster size. it HAS to be a coaching issue at this point theres no other explanation for it.

i hope i don't get banned for pointing this out but what you said is exactly right you hit the head on the nail. considering what everyone was hyping up riordan to be there is no way they shouldve of played a close game against a team they could at least somewhat match speed wise, have a massive size advantage over, and three times the roster size. it HAS to be a coaching issue at this point theres no other explanation for it.
You can coach all you want. You can practice all you want. When the game clock starts ticking, you cant make the kids do something they dont want to do. Some players WANT to hit. Like at the SI/SRV game I watched last week. Marco Jones wants to hit you. With all the 7 on 7 tournaments/camps where its less physical and more about quick-twitch, shifty movements, its no wonder why some schools' defenses are poor at tackling.

Last edited:
Way too much SOS: Style Over Substance. And not just in football. It's rampant in too many sports where fundamentals give way to flash. Hello, ESPN highlight reels.

with all do respect, i know quite a bit against san diego teams. to literally prove my point, let's talk about those bowl games. lincoln of san diego beat de la salle by literally direct snapping the ball to there manchild running back (now at georgia) and letting him bowl over people. straight out of the 70's like i said.

i agree completely about mcclymonds having speed and talent, but the point still stands that they don't even have enough people to field a team. riordan is being hyped as a team that is supposed to compete with the likes of junipero serra this year. do you think for a second that serra would play a close game against a team with 18 players? as the kids say........boy aint no way boy. you should be able to wear them down and pull away in the second half. riordan couldnt do that which is a massive red flag.
I like your insight. 💪

with all do respect, i know quite a bit against san diego teams. to literally prove my point, let's talk about those bowl games. lincoln of san diego beat de la salle by literally direct snapping the ball to there manchild running back (now at georgia) and letting him bowl over people. straight out of the 70's like i said.

Come on block enough already. You attempt to destroy the national board and now you're doing the same here. What is it with you? From Folsom lover to SoCal expert and now back to NorCal. Just stop please. With all due respect.

A mixed bag for WCAL this weekend. A 4-4 overall mark with vastly different opponents and SOS. A couple of takes: 1. Bellarmine program is a an utter shambles and getting worse by the day; 2. Serra has serious work to do with Bosco on the immediate horizon; 3. St. Francis is consistent, solid and sound; 4. Riordan defense continues to struggle; 5. Valley Christian offense sputters again; 6. Mitty could be better than first thought _ maybe; 7. SI vs. Tam proved little to nothing; 8. Kudos to SHC for going 2-0 but it gets harder from here on out (well, maybe with the exception of the Bellarmine game).

Best game of the upcoming weekend: Lancers at DLS.

Last edited:
Other very good matchups for the upcoming weekend: Bosco @ Serra and Riordan @ Pitt.

A mixed bag for WCAL this weekend. A 4-4 overall mark with vastly different opponents and SOS. A couple of takes: 1. Bellarmine program is a shambles and getting worse by the day; 2. Serra has serious work to do with Bosco on the immediate horizon; 3. St. Francis is consistent, solid and sound; 4. Riordan defense continues to struggle; 5. Valley Christian offense sputters again; 6. Mitty could be better than first thought; 7. SI vs. Tam proved little to nothing; 8. Kudos to SHC for going 2-0 but it gets harder from here on out (well, maybe with the exception of the Bellarmine game).

Best game of the upcoming weekend: Lancers at DLS.
SI jumped to a 35-0 lead in the 1st half. The backups played the entire 2nd half of the game on both sides.

Final score 35-6 SI

After these last 2 weeks of football, St. Francis seems to be the most legit WCAL team.

Riordan is overrated

Valley Christian was overrated being ranked higher than SI

Serra is vulnerable and I think they'll have 2 losses in the WCAL

SI will only go as our QB goes and so far he's been disappointing as a 3 year starter

SHC looks to be the best amongst Bellarmine and Mitty

Last edited:
The board is, if nothing else it is consistent in wanting to drink Hatoraide, So keep one’s eyes On,… @colhenrylives who always stays truly consistent, meaning he doesn’t get to HIGH or LOW. He is better than most ( you know your names who #wannatabegurus ) and is ON POINT, as other do their best Skip Bayless impressions ( too many to list and basically too insignificant,…IMHO; so stop taking it personal); Aka stop doing skipless shuffle🤓😳🤓

TheR is know under present leadership is known to have a proficient and effective Offenses, the Defense is and has been known as there weak link as in last year. But here’s the special sauce: Defense will improve and it is being tested early this season To do that. And maybe that is what has been needed?

The @TheR naysayers can relished an early preseason stumbles, and honestly I welcome early board posting, so I can gather early receipts. But we all know the #ThePurpleRain is coming, so stay tune for forecast reports😳🤣😳🤣

🎤….drop

Last edited:
SI jumped to a 35-0 lead in the 1st half. The backups played the entire 2nd half of the game on both sides.

Final score 35-6 SI

After these last 2 weeks, St. Francis seems to be the most legit.
If SF beats DLS or keeps it close, you, sir, are correct, sir.

The board is, if nothing else it is consistent in wanting to drink Hatoraide, So keep one’s eyes On,… @colhenrylives who always stays truly consistent, meaning he doesn’t get to HIGH or LOW. He is better than most ( you know your names who #wannatabegurus ) and is ON POINT, as other do their best Skip Bayless impressions ( too many to list and basically too insignificant,…IMHO; so stop taking it personal); Aka stop doing skipless shuffle🤓😳🤓

TheR is know under present leadership is known to have a proficient and effective Offenses, the Defense is and has been known as there weak link as in last year. But here’s the special sauce: Defense will improve and it is being tested early this season To do that. And maybe that is what has been needed?

The @TheR naysayers can relished an early preseason stumbles, and honestly I welcome early board posting, so I can gather early receipts. But we all know the #ThePurpleRain is coming, so stay tune for forecast reports😳🤣😳🤣

🎤….drop
Here's some good news: All of our blather will be moot by the end of November when wins and losses will dictate reality.

Coach Evans has nice Irish squad. My biggest question for them was is this season going to be different defensively as in did they put together a defense that has players that were physical and wants to tackle? Not a good measuring stick vs Soledad in week 1, but vs a SH Prep team that is a run heavy team and usually is a fundamentally sound team year in and year out proves to be very promising. Next week vs Wilcox, another run heavy team, will really be a good sample size how good this team could be.

I havent even gotten to the offense yet which seems to be running on all cylinders early. Flannigan is electric. Jenkins is showing that anything you throw his direction, he is catching it. Two-headed one-two punch at RB with Williams and newccomer Hughes is exciting. The offensive line is showing very nice cohesion. Oh yah they have a new guy at the other WR slot, Secrease which is making big time catches as well. And lastly, they got a gamer at QB.

Im starting to think they could finish as high as 3rd or 4tin in league from what I've seen so far. They are definitely not going to be the cellar dweller this season..

Coach Evans has nice Irish squad. My biggest question for them was is this season going to be different defensively as in did they put together a defense that has players that were physical and wants to tackle? Not a good measuring stick vs Soledad in week 1, but vs a SH Prep team that is a run heavy team and usually is a fundamentally sound team year in and year out proves to be very promising. Next week vs Wilcox, another run heavy team, will really be a good sample size how good this team could be.

I havent even gotten to the offense yet which seems to be running on all cylinders early. Flannigan is electric. Jenkins is showing that anything you throw his direction, he is catching it. Two-headed one-two punch at RB with Williams and newccomer Hughes is exciting. The offensive line is showing very nice cohesion. Oh yah they have a new guy at the other WR slot, Secrease which is making big time catches as well. And lastly, they got a gamer at QB.

Im starting to think they could finish as high as 3rd or 4tin in league from what I've seen so far. They are definitely not going to be the cellar dweller this season..
When you consider the long history of the CAL/WCAL, it's quite stunning to watch the Bellarmine program implode to the point that, yes, SHC will be a clear favorite to beat the Bells this year. Not so sure about a second SHC W in league play.

Here's some good news: All of our blather will be moot by the end of November when wins and losses will dictate reality.
So True,…consistency once again, but the blather is So agenda motivational by Implicit Biases by so many,…. Who said it was Weird? TheR can be quoted by saying, “#Not like Us”

Last edited:

It is So nice to give So Many shout out to players on SHC’s team, it is good to generate positive press for young student/athletes after planning on facing the slap down by the conference in days and weeks again,….my money is on the Bells, they won’t let the Irish be victorious

#0-7 league play: SHC ( ain’t No Disney Movies in the WCAL )

Last edited:
Reactions: Niklas227
When you consider the long history of the CAL/WCAL, it's quite stunning to watch the Bellarmine program implode to the point that, yes, SHC will be a clear favorite to beat the Bells this year. Not so sure about a second SHC W in league play.
probabilities are endless. Who knows SH could go winless or win 1 (most likely), 2 (conceivable), 3 (this win would need to be a perfect game), 4 (are we sure they arent just really good?) or 5 (I dont ever recall this ever happening) games. I still tab St. Francis to take the league title but for sure is nice to see SH not cellar dwelling and accumulating enough points to qualify for CCS.

one rule of thumb that correlates to Bellarmine as no one could ever foresee their football program sink like this is "nothing lasts forever". Did you ever think that Macy's would be gone?

In all of the discussions revolving around the WCAL, where is the Rambling Man? His sage remarks usually lent a distinct air of reason to any chat. But he has been sadly MIA throughout the summer. The WCAL's league season commences in just a couple of weeks. El Rambo, come back. Your audience awaits.

Final score 35-6 SI

After these last 2 weeks of football, St. Francis seems to be the most legit WCAL team.

Riordan is overrated

SI will only go as our QB goes and so far he's been disappointing as a 3 year starter

I don’t see Serra losing more then once…SF as the only team that can Beat Serra in league….

Reactions: The Heat Miser

🎤….drop
HA!…. Skip Bayless Takes?…. YOU are the one who stated that Riordan was ready to “Challenge” Mater Dei for The Open Title…. 🤣🤣

HA!…. Skip Bayless Takes?…. YOU are the one who stated that Riordan was ready to “Challenge” Mater Dei for The Open Title…. 🤣🤣
Honestly,… you are one of the insignificant posters, that I spoke of,… stop being skipless!,,

What multiverse are you posting from? This is the first time I have ever typed “Mater Dei”,….

This is where the board reveals ignorance,…posters make up points in attempt to be funny or knowledgeable, but achieve neither.

🎤….drop: Peace Out

Final score 35-6 SI

Riordan is overrated

Overrated? The season is only 2 games in ? Riordan lost to the #30 ranked team in the State in the closing minutes. SI beat the #261 rated team in CA and got dominated the week before. Hard for a D to stop a team when given a short field twice from turnovers and surviving a pick 6. 3 starters didn't even suit up including Lawson and at least 4 more didn't finish the game. The kids from foggy SF were cramping up in the 2nd half and still almost pulled it out with 2 sophomores scoring the last 3 TDs in their comeback attempt. Not gonna lie, the defense needs to vastly improve and unforced miscues need to be immediately addressed to make a run...Tough test @ Pitt this Friday will give a better assessment of where Riordan stands.
Serra will be ok and still is the team to beat. SF is playing awfully good right now. The tough non-league schedules for Riordan, Serra and SF will prepare them best for WCAL. Don't count out Mitty to make a statement this year, too. VC, SI and now Mitty will battle it out for the 4th spot in league. SHC could be a darkhorse, but the jury is still out based on their non-league SOS. SHP was picked to finished 3rd in the PAL Bay, so not their strongest squad. What's going on at Bellarmine?

Full disclosure I have family on the Freshman and Varsity teams at Serra but will keep this real.
SF looks to be the front runner early. Riordan has talent all over the field. Serra in what has been told to me is a rebuild/down year is playing the toughest schedule in the schools history. The only thing that I saw that gave me hope for them long term is that they ran the ball up and down the field on DLS who should be this years sacrificial lamb in the Open game. I think SF wins the league and I will pick my Padres to win CCS.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Week 2 WCAL Ranking based on 2 games
1. Serra (Good but clear weaknesses exposed by DLS)
2. St. Francis (Better than expected, but DLS will shed more light next week)
3. Riordan (D1 laden team still coalescing, but will they improve enough to compete with Pittsburg next week?)
4. St. Ignatius (Monster game coming up next week with Cathedral in San Diego)
5. Mitty (Might be better than expected, next week's game with M-A will tell more)
6. Valley Christian (Struggling with their old fashioned offense; Next week's game with Soquel will be an important barometer game)
7. Sacred Heart Cathedral (Next week's game with Wilcox will tell us more)
8. Bellarmine (Just plain struggling this year)

Me thinks the WCAL is a bit down this year if I’m being completely honest.

8. Bellarmine. Unless thing change over the next 2 months, Coach Diaz-Infante is heading for a second round knockout if you ask me. It’s one thing to go from the Penthouse to the outhouse but these guys are now getting spanked by middle of the road PAL teams.

7. Sacred Heart Cathedral. I think story time will be coming to an end real soon here. They’ve played nobody this far with Wilcox on deck and Riordan in the hole. I don’t see thing going too good for the Irish until they see Bellarmine in the 2nd Annual “Toilet Bowl”.

6. Valley Christian. Word is VC does not have a QB in the program and I believe it after seeing the shot-putter they started last season. Outside of Champ, they really don’t have much.

5. Mitty. I think this is a the floor for the Monarchs who, in my opinion, are one of the best coached teams in the WCAL. They don’t have the talent of others but they’re well coached and that overcompensates for a lot.

4. St. Ignatius. Again, another low ranking for a team who I believe may ultimately be better than the team they’ve fielded. They got clapped by a legit SRV team and walked over a team they had no business scheduling in Tamalpais outside of appealing to the 50% of their student body who lives in Marin. However, they have a ton of Southern California talent waiting on the suspension list from what I’ve been told so this is subject to change.

2B. Riordan. They need to fix their defense and fast but the Crusaders can score and have an OL that can go with 99% of teams in the state. That alone is a reason to not overlook them.

2A. I give Serra a slight edge over Riordan because they won their last head to head match but truth be told, the football math isn’t adding up. The feather in Serra’s hat is that they beat Folsom, a team who needed all 48 minutes of the SBG to beat the same St. Bonaventure team that Riordan was walking down and teeing off on in the 12th round after being severely behind on the cards. And say what you want about Riordan squeaking one out against McClymonds but this is the same Mack team who lost by 21 to a De La Salle team who just beat Serra by 29 who now has a legit dual threat QB. What I'm saying is it will be a game for those who are already handing Serra the crown.

1. St. Francis. They’ve been dominant in both wins thus far and believe they are a lock to be one of the top 2 teams in league. I’ll be curious to see how Riordan and Serra perform against them and also believe SI could give them a game once their 4-Star Nose Tackle is cleared but for now, they are the clear #1.

Week 2 WCAL Ranking based on 2 games
1. Serra (Good but clear weaknesses exposed by DLS)
2. St. Francis (Better than expected, but DLS will shed more light next week)
3. Riordan (D1 laden team still coalescing, but will they improve enough to compete with Pittsburg next week?)
4. St. Ignatius (Monster game coming up next week with Cathedral in San Diego)
5. Mitty (Might be better than expected, next week's game with M-A will tell more)
6. Valley Christian (Struggling with their old fashioned offense; Next week's game with Soquel will be an important barometer game)
7. Sacred Heart Cathedral (Next week's game with Wilcox will tell us more)
8. Bellarmine (Just plain struggling this year)
your ranking seems pretty solid, i hope i don't get banned for this but personally i would swap SI and riordan based on there performance but they are super close so no objection on your list. this week will shed more light.

also, i would consider moving bellarmine down if i were you. i know there are only 8 teams in the league but the way there playing they should be 9th or 10th in a 8 team league lol their that bad.

What's going on at Bellarmine?
Ive seen almost a handful of decades of WCAL play across all the sports and a good portion of that always had Bellarmine collecting trophies whether it was football, basketball, soccer, wrestling, track, etc. They always were able to have championship-level teams every year in all the sports. That is an athletic program's dream. Take for example the city schools where one school is really good at one or two sports and forget about the rest.

One can wonder if Bellarmine would ever fall off in a sport where they've dominated for decades and here we are today. No longer are the Bells in the conversation in contending for WCAL football crown. That honor is between Serra and St. Francis now. What is shocking is they have dropped to the very bottom which is usually the place where my school is. I guess its nice to not considered the cellar dweller anymore.

your ranking seems pretty solid, i hope i don't get banned for this but personally i would swap SI and riordan based on there performance but they are super close so no objection on your list. this week will shed more light.

also, i would consider moving bellarmine down if i were you. i know there are only 8 teams in the league but the way there playing they should be 9th or 10th in a 8 team league lol their that bad.
Hate to 😂at BCP's expense but you are right.

On a personal note, I kept AR above SI just because of their D1-laden potential. This week's game will be very important for both teams. Pitts seems a lot better than Cathedral but a win or close loss by either AR or SI will tell us a lot.

And on another personal note, you should be banned for repeating the " I hope I don't get banned for this but..." mantra. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT