ADVERTISEMENT
your ranking seems pretty solid, i hope i don't get banned for this but personally i would swap SI and riordan based on there performance but they are super close so no objection on your list. this week will shed more light.

also, i would consider moving bellarmine down if i were you. i know there are only 8 teams in the league but the way there playing they should be 9th or 10th in a 8 team league lol their that bad.
I couldn't agree more on your suggestion to swap places with SI and Riordan. 😂

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Hate to 😂at BCP's expense but you are right.

On a personal note, I kept AR above SI just because of their D1-laden potential. This week's game will be very important for both teams. Pitts seems a lot better than Cathedral but a win or close loss by either AR or SI will tell us a lot.

And on another personal note, you should be banned for repeating the " I hope I don't get banned for this but..." mantra. 🤣
the season is a quarter of the way done already, in my imo at some point the "d1 potential" has to start being actualized, otherwise we will have to accept riordan for what they are. which is above average but nothing greater than that. for me we shouldve seen it materialize last week thats why i moved them down. other teams are getting better, riordan has been stagnant since spring ball. hopefully they tighten it up and get better but time will tell. i know its a bit controversial but i'm just calling it like i see it.

the season is a quarter of the way done already, in my imo at some point the "d1 potential" has to start being actualized, otherwise we will have to accept riordan for what they are. which is above average but nothing greater than that. for me we shouldve seen it materialize last week thats why i moved them down. other teams are getting better, riordan has been stagnant since spring ball. hopefully they tighten it up and get better but time will tell. i know its a bit controversial but i'm just calling it like i see it.
The season is actually 20% done.

SI hasn't done anything to suggest they are better than AR right now. They lost to a good SRV 28-10 and won a give me game against Tamalpais 35-6. AR, on the other hand, beat (scraped by) Mack who might be better than predicted and lost to a always pretty good St. Bonny by single digits.

So far, I don't see anything yet to suggest SI is better than AR this year. This week's games might show something different.

Last edited:
Reactions: WCAL88
I couldn't agree more on your suggestion to swap places with SI and Riordan. 😂
Are we completely ignoring the San Ramon Valley game for SI? Soquel played with the Wolfpack right down to the wire. Are the top Gabilan teams now better than half of the WCAL?

SRV, St. Bonaventure, and Cathedral Catholic may all be similar squads at this point. Yes, Riordan could end up playing in a number of 'track-meet' games, but I find it bizarre that multiple people seem to be so impressed with the Wildcats beating Tamalpais.

Other teams may indeed be getting better. But Bellarmine isn't one of them. Still scratching my dome re that perplexing situation in the old College Park neighborhood.

Are the top Gabilan teams now better than half of the WCAL?
As you know, Palma and Hollister used to be the only really good programs of the current PCAL-G teams. Today, we have Salinas and Soquel in the mix. I do think the top half of the league can compete well with the several of the WCAL teams.

Are we completely ignoring the San Ramon Valley game for SI? Soquel played with the Wolfpack right down to the wire. Are the top Gabilan teams now better than half of the WCAL?

SRV, St. Bonaventure, and Cathedral Catholic may all be similar squads at this point. Yes, Riordan could end up playing in a number of 'track-meet' games, but I find it bizarre that multiple people seem to be so impressed with the Wildcats beating Tamalpais.
SI went into the half down 7-3 to SRV. Our 3rd year QB play was horrible with 4 TO's.

I felt the game was actually close until the 4th Qtr. when SRV pulled away. I'd be confident in SI if we saw them again in the playoffs.

SI will only get better when Power 4 DT recruit transfer Manoah Faupusa plays his first game against Riordan.

Me thinks the WCAL is a bit down this year if I’m being completely honest.

8. Bellarmine. Unless thing change over the next 2 months, Coach Diaz-Infante is heading for a second round knockout if you ask me. It’s one thing to go from the Penthouse to the outhouse but these guys are now getting spanked by middle of the road PAL teams.

7. Sacred Heart Cathedral. I think story time will be coming to an end real soon here. They’ve played nobody this far with Wilcox on deck and Riordan in the hole. I don’t see thing going too good for the Irish until they see Bellarmine in the 2nd Annual “Toilet Bowl”.

6. Valley Christian. Word is VC does not have a QB in the program and I believe it after seeing the shot-putter they started last season. Outside of Champ, they really don’t have much.

5. Mitty. I think this is a the floor for the Monarchs who, in my opinion, are one of the best coached teams in the WCAL. They don’t have the talent of others but they’re well coached and that overcompensates for a lot.

4. St. Ignatius. Again, another low ranking for a team who I believe may ultimately be better than the team they’ve fielded. They got clapped by a legit SRV team and walked over a team they had no business scheduling in Tamalpais outside of appealing to the 50% of their student body who lives in Marin. However, they have a ton of Southern California talent waiting on the suspension list from what I’ve been told so this is subject to change.

2B. Riordan. They need to fix their defense and fast but the Crusaders can score and have an OL that can go with 99% of teams in the state. That alone is a reason to not overlook them.

2A. I give Serra a slight edge over Riordan because they won their last head to head match but truth be told, the football math isn’t adding up. The feather in Serra’s hat is that they beat Folsom, a team who needed all 48 minutes of the SBG to beat the same St. Bonaventure team that Riordan was walking down and teeing off on in the 12th round after being severely behind on the cards. And say what you want about Riordan squeaking one out against McClymonds but this is the same Mack team who lost by 21 to a De La Salle team who just beat Serra by 29 who now has a legit dual threat QB. What I'm saying is it will be a game for those who are already handing Serra the crown.

1. St. Francis. They’ve been dominant in both wins thus far and believe they are a lock to be one of the top 2 teams in league. I’ll be curious to see how Riordan and Serra perform against them and also believe SI could give them a game once their 4-Star Nose Tackle is cleared but for now, they are the clear #1.
It doesn’t seem like numerous decades of watching or following the WCAL has helped with intuitive knowledge or insights as the real goal of SHC is to drop FB out of the league as they has historically have done before, when they face seasons as they produced in 2023.: 0-7 SHC

It seems like newer posters have clarity and insight In naming the SHC vs Bellarmine match by @ChewpaMiverga naming It the @ToiletBowl. Again, your theme is to be the best in the #ToiletBowl; should not be the goal. In your own words, “ to not

SHC is at a lost for vision or even knowing how to turn their program around, thus without history or knowledge,… I wouldn’t expect anything different
SI went into the half down 7-3 to SRV. Our 3rd year QB play was horrible with 4 TO's.

I felt the game was actually close until the 4th Qtr. when SRV pulled away. I'd be confident in SI if we saw them again in the playoffs.

SI will only get better when Power 4 DT recruit transfer Manoah Faupusa plays his first game against Riordan.

That should bea good match up for SI’s new DT to see and line up vs Tofi & Co

Reactions: Niklas227
Come on block enough already. You attempt to destroy the national board and now you're doing the same here. What is it with you? From Folsom lover to SoCal expert and now back to NorCal. Just stop please. With all due respect.
HA!!…. So today, @MOlST AND PLUMP who was Banned from the National Site for trolling as a So Cal Poster, was banned again after an Hour long tirade, again as a So Cal poster as “Plump and Moist”….

And how did he start off every post?…. “I hope I don’t get Banned for this But”….. 🤣

“The Block is Hot”…. 🤣🤣

It doesn’t seem like numerous decades of watching or following the WCAL has helped with intuitive knowledge or insights as the real goal of SHC is to drop FB out of the league as they has historically have done before, when they face seasons as they produced in 2023.: 0-7 SHC

It seems like newer posters have clarity and insight In naming the SHC vs Bellarmine match by @ChewpaMiverga naming It the @ToiletBowl. Again, your theme is to be the best in the #ToiletBowl; should not be the goal. In your own words, “ to not

SHC is at a lost for vision or even knowing how to turn their program around, thus without history or knowledge,… I wouldn’t expect anything different

That should bea good match up for SI’s new DT to see and line up vs Tofi & Co
You keep hammering SHC about 0-7, but lest we forget Riordan went 0-7 four times and 1-6 five times throughout the decade of the 2010s.

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”

You keep hammering SHC about 0-7, but lest we forget Riordan went 0-7 four times and 1-6 five times throughout the decade of the 2010s.

Definitely a turn the page moment. Good to stay humble. Unfortunately some cannot.

and the crazy thing is there's an actual outside chance of riordan going 1-6 (only guaranteed win is bellarmine) all it takes is one of their "star" players to transfer or go down and they would have no backup.

and the crazy thing is there's an actual outside chance of riordan going 1-6 (only guaranteed win is bellarmine) all it takes is one of their "star" players to transfer or go down and they would have no backup.
Lawson didn't play against St. Bonaventure, and their other 2 starting WRs didn't finish. Their backups almost pulled it off in the 2nd half. If the defense could only step up....

Maybe they can just make John Tofi the RB and just hand off to him 30 times. I guarantee you he is rushing for 150+ yards. This solves their defensive issues by keeping their defense off the field and shortening the game with a clock that is running. Tofi impresses me alot, on football field and basketball court. Does whatever the coaches asks him to do. Accepts his role. Love players like that.

Maybe they can just make John Tofi the RB and just hand off to him 30 times. I guarantee you he is rushing for 150+ yards. This solves their defensive issues by keeping their defense off the field and shortening the game with a clock that is running. Tofi impresses me alot, on football field and basketball court. Does whatever the coaches asks him to do. Accepts his role. Love players like that.
running the ball 30 times isn't "flashy" and doesnt make for tik tok and instagram highlights. witch is all that riordan seems to care about at this current juncture.

John Tofi is playing TE and SS utlizing his 6-5 height and athleticism. Both younger brother Tommy and John teamed up on a hit and pick against Mack. Jeremiah Jones is the primary rb and has had good production behind that OLine. Jones ran in the clinching 2 point conversion against Mack. Their other rbs are making their way back.

running the ball 30 times isn't "flashy" and doesnt make for tik tok and instagram highlights. witch is all that riordan seems to care about at this current juncture.
Considering this generation of kids, college coaching staffs, and grade school kids are heavily in to social media, I think more schools should be promoting their kids like this. In addition to the "Colllege Days" where schools are invited to view their practices, free football camps for grade schoolers, it's free publicity, gets "likes", and seems to be working for Riordan's players getting exposure and offers. It's a win-win if it gets an athlete a free education at the next level.

Last edited:
Considering this generation of kids, college coaching staffs, and grade school kids are heavily in to social media, I think more schools should be promoting their kids like this. In addition to the "Colllege Days" where schools are invited to view their practices, free football camps for grade schoolers, it's free publicity, gets "likes", and seems to be working for Riordan's players getting exposure and offers. It's a win-win if it gets an athlete a free education at the next level.
height, weight, 100 meter time, core gpa, and was he a captain? those are the questions college coaches ask when they come visit high school coaches. not how many instagram and tik tok highlights does the kid have. from there, they look at the kid's actual film on hudl. again, not instagram or tik tok. from there, they come check the kid's game out in person. again, not instagram or tik tok.

if you are really interested in helping kids get recruited tell them the truth about what coaches are looking for and how the process works.

John Tofi is playing TE and SS utlizing his 6-5 height and athleticism. Both younger brother Tommy and John teamed up on a hit and pick against Mack. Jeremiah Jones is the primary rb and has had good production behind that OLine. Jones ran in the clinching 2 point conversion against Mack. Their other rbs are making their way back.
Thanks for correcting me. I got my Tofi's mixed up. I meant Tommy, the bigger Tofi. It's just playful thinking to put a 6'8 300lb guy at RB. It brings me back to thinking when Riordan had Enrique Lara at RB. Good luck bringing that guy down.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
height, weight, 100 meter time, core gpa, and was he a captain? those are the questions college coaches ask when they come visit high school coaches. not how many instagram and tik tok highlights does the kid have. from there, they look at the kid's actual film on hudl. again, not instagram or tik tok. from there, they come check the kid's game out in person. again, not instagram or tik tok.

if you are really interested in helping kids get recruited tell them the truth about what coaches are looking for and how the process works.
Absolutely correct, so then you already know that Riordan coaches already offer that for free, and not just for Riordan students, but any student that is interested in the process.
View: https://www.youtube.com/live/tsuBsW7a6Y8?si=5j5sVL89QBGYO521

Absolutely correct, so then you already know that Riordan coaches already offer that for free, and not just for Riordan students, but any student that is interested in the process.
the only thing i know for sure that riordan is currently offering in the sport of football is hype, disappointing football, losses, and excuses. BUT the one thing they have going for them is there's still a week or two to try and fix it. if they can survive pitt.

the only thing i know for sure that riordan is currently offering in the sport of football is hype, disappointing football, losses, and excuses. BUT the one thing they have going for them is there's still a week or two to try and fix it. if they can survive pitt.
I agree that with the talent Riordan has. There shouldn't be any excuses. I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. It comes down to coaching irregardless of Coach Ravipati's prior history at Menlo Atherton.

Give Coach Walsh these same players and its a lock Serra is winning the North again.

Reactions: The Heat Miser
I agree that with the talent Riordan has. There shouldn't be any excuses. I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. It comes down to coaching irregardless of Coach Ravipati's prior history at Menlo Atherton.

Give Coach Walsh these same players and its a lock Serra is winning the North again.
You know what I find So humorous about the above post.

@Niklas227 has numerous post about the excellence of the recent HC at SI, so I take thee listed post in two ways,..1. Maybe the hype this poster posted is not accurate, 2. Hang on to the lower sack of Walsh to throw shade at Riordan.

Who said this type of mantra is “just werid”?

And don't forget the free tuition!

@Niklas227 has numerous post about the excellence of the recent HC at SI, so I take thee listed post in two ways,..1. Maybe the hype this poster posted is not accurate, 2. Hang on to the lower sack of Walsh to throw shade at Riordan.

the coach at si is the definition of meh he is a milk toast coach

I think your assessment is not fair to be honest. It’s not like Riordan is playing s cupcake schedule. Sure could they have scheduled the upper echelon of Folsom, DLS, or say a Bosco. Absolutely, however Mack, St Bons and Pitt is strong.

At the same time i believe they have made serious commitments to athletics the last few years. Football wise, yes the commitments are there, but they are ok the second tier which is just fine. Where the results need to come is basketball. This year is the year they need to win. It’s important for the program. The team is about as stacked as any program on the private school level hands down. I notice they’re not in the event this year at Dublin when hopefully they are in maybe the Les Schwab, Damien, Nike Extravaganza. The schedule is not online so who knows.

As for football if you think Riordan is going 1-6 in league, I hope you’re joking. And if anyone else feels that way it’s Serra then Riordan period.

Lastly one guy notes running isn’t flashy. Derek Loville took care of my bachelor party in Arizona. He has rings. The real rings. They have had a host of running backs as well over the years that have had good D1 guys. Hell Tyrone McGraw RIP was unreal. Jabari Jackson, and a few others. So running the ball when you have a QB like Mitchell and receiver in Lawson, doesn’t have to be flashy. But it will help them during the rest of the league outside of Serra.

As for Pitt, tough road game. Yes they could easily be 0-2, if they start the league 1-2, I think it shows how the WCAL just ain’t it this year on the big screen.

PS: I type fast, if any grammar errors blame SH.

Sounds like you’re in your feelings. Don’t let it get to you, bud. Its not that serious. Besides, its not like Riordan gives a shit about you. 😢😂

• Haha
I think your assessment is not fair to be honest. It’s not like Riordan is playing s cupcake schedule. Sure could they have scheduled the upper echelon of Folsom, DLS, or say a Bosco. Absolutely, however Mack, St Bons and Pitt is strong.

At the same time i believe they have made serious commitments to athletics the last few years. Football wise, yes the commitments are there, but they are ok the second tier which is just fine. Where the results need to come is basketball. This year is the year they need to win. It’s important for the program. The team is about as stacked as any program on the private school level hands down. I notice they’re not in the event this year at Dublin when hopefully they are in maybe the Les Schwab, Damien, Nike Extravaganza. The schedule is not online so who knows.

As for football if you think Riordan is going 1-6 in league, I hope you’re joking. And if anyone else feels that way it’s Serra then Riordan period.

Lastly one guy notes running isn’t flashy. Derek Loville took care of my bachelor party in Arizona. He has rings. The real rings. They have had a host of running backs as well over the years that have had good D1 guys. Hell Tyrone McGraw RIP was unreal. Jabari Jackson, and a few others. So running the ball when you have a QB like Mitchell and receiver in Lawson, doesn’t have to be flashy. But it will help them during the rest of the league outside of Serra.

As for Pitt, tough road game. Yes they could easily be 0-2, if they start the league 1-2, I think it shows how the WCAL just ain’t it this year on the big screen.

PS: I type fast, if any grammar errors blame SH.
Once again, we keep ignoring St. Francis. The Lancers may not be sexy, but they win. A lot.

HA!!…. So today, @MOlST AND PLUMP who was Banned from the National Site for trolling as a So Cal Poster, was banned again after an Hour long tirade, again as a So Cal poster as “Plump and Moist”….

And how did he start off every post?…. “I hope I don’t get Banned for this But”….. 🤣

“The Block is Hot”…. 🤣🤣
If they didn't ban Fubo, Chilytacos and JSquare, they won't "ban" anybody.

Once again, we keep ignoring St. Francis. The Lancers may not be sexy, but they win. A lot.
i dont think anyone is ignoring them we all act knowledge what they are. the clear second best team in the wcal that can also compete with serra some years when they have a really good team and serra is young.

I used to think the same way about social media, then I went through it with some of the players I coached in you and I can tell you this is absolutely wrong! Social media absolutely has a place and is not important than you think. Like any business marketing is key to getting people to look at your product in this case it's the kids. Teams with big names, big following are more likely to get coaches eyes on them then I agree they look for the things you mention. Believe me though there are a bunch of similar if not better kids who don't even text that chance for a look. Any exposure kids can get is a good thing and should be supported. Not saying they don't actually have to play football but I would argue the hardest part of getting recruited is to getting eyes of coaches on you to begin with.

Reactions: cityfan
Last Minute WCAL Picks for Week 3

Mitty over Menlo-Atherton
Riordan over Pittsburg
Monte Vista over Bellarmine
Wilcox over SHC
St. Francis over De La Salle
St. Ignatius over Cathedral Catholic
Valley Christian over Soquel
St. John Bosco over Serra

I see WCAL going 5-3 this weekend

Riordan over Pittsburg
Wilcox over SHC

there’s less than zero chance Riordan beats pitt. none. the rest I can see other than that cathedral is much much gooder than si so that one is tough.

Riordan over Pittsburg
Wilcox over SHC

AR over Pitts - not likely, but if so, it means they are getting it together.
SF over DLS - again not likely, but if so that puts SF in the running for SBG-Open.
SI over CC - If so, look out AR, but highly doubtful.
VC over Soquel - probably not.
Although I don't want this to happen, WCAL might end up 1-7 this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT