ADVERTISEMENT

Week 11 Scoreboard

4 min left and Trojans up 35-21 with ball. Big win tonight .
DO has some regrouping to do while Trojans enter playoffs on high note.

Ok, that makes sense. This wasn’t the same team I watched earlier in the year. Hope you guys get healthy. D2 will be fun.
DO was hit hard this week with injuries & illness. Tonight they were missing both starting CB’s & 1 starting safety. Then the backup CB was lost to injury early in the game. Also missing starting NG & OG, and 2 of top three WR’s. Didn’t get any help from the officials. I still don’t know how they called Pinnick down on the QB sneak on 4th & 1. His entire body was beyond the marker & made it by 2 yards. That was a huge blown call when DO was threatening to tie it at 14. And the strip sack by #54 Brandon Hill that was called an incomplete pass was terrible. But hats off to OR, they played a physical game and it looks like they’re getting healthy at the right time.

Reactions: RidgeRider
1. I'm pretty sure NCSF was referring to THE Streak, not the one that preceded THE Streak.

2. We can dispense with the hyperbole. DLS would rip apart the vast majority of NorCal teams. Average, they are not.

Spot on both points.

I said this before but the only NorCal teams capable of beating DLS are the ones that have beaten them with the possible exception of Pittsburg. 99% of the rest couldn’t accomplish the same.

DO was hit hard this week with injuries & illness. Tonight they were missing both starting CB’s & 1 starting safety. Then the backup CB was lost to injury early in the game. Also missing starting NG & OG, and 2 of top three WR’s. Didn’t get any help from the officials. I still don’t know how they called Pinnick down on the QB sneak on 4th & 1. His entire body was beyond the marker & made it by 2 yards. That was a huge blown call when DO was threatening to tie it at 14. And the strip sack by #54 Brandon Hill that was called an incomplete pass was terrible. But hats off to OR, they played a physical game and it looks like they’re getting healthy at the right time.
That was a poorly officiated game on both sides. Terrible. That 4-1 was obvious a first. All this makes sense now.
not the same team I saw before because it wasn’t. OR lost a couple more kids last night also as you probably could see. The bye week will be good and wish DO best in playoffs. #16 is an absolute race horse for you guys btw. And pinnick is best QB in sfl. Good luck!

Serra has won every league game by at least 2 touchdowns.
First of all a win is a win and Serra is 9-0 & so you can’t argue with what they’re doing to win. What’s obvious is the Padre D which simply seems to wear teams down as the games wear on & consistently gives the Serra offense the ball back in good field position. What has also become apparent is how often the Padre offense seems to struggle against somewhat “average” teams (SI was 3-5 going into last nights game & was giving up an average of 22 points per game against opponents - Serra scored 21).
The simplest explanation is that Serra does not have the playmakers it’s had in past years on offense, such as a breakaway RB, a featured WR or dynamic KR. What Serra does have is a terrific stingy D and an offense that can chew up the clock given the opportunity. Going forward it’s difficult to see Serra in a shoot-out against another team with a good defense & an explosive offense.
Could Serra outscore a team such as St. Mary’s? Not sure….

Reactions: Santa Ball
If anyone watched the St. Mary’s vs Lincoln game, you would have witnessed that St. Mary’s did not bring their A game. It was there in the first quarter, but 2nd quarter IMHO was a disaster for both offense and defense. Only going into halftime with 14 points when they were capable of doing better was embarrassing. Late 2nd quarter, offense turned it over with an INT thrown by freshman backup QB Devin Rasmussen. Fortunately, the Rams D was able to stop Lincoln on downs deep in Rams territory. But, instead of taking a knee with less than 40 seconds left in the half, SM fumbles and Lincoln gets the ball back. This time they score (their only TD in the first half) with a really nice pass/catch in the endzone thrown just over the WRs shoulders who had tight coverage. It was definitely a highlight play for Lincoln. The Rams D had its moments stopping the Trojans on 4th down conversions. But, penalties, including multiple pass interference calls, a ton of missed tackles, carried into the start of the 3rd quarter. Fortunately, the D did well enough to limit the Trojans to just 2 TDs. Again, not their A game, but good enough to limit the scoring to secure the win. The offense played well in the first quarter looking like a well oiled machine. The pass over the middle to Nas #5 was so sweet for TD and a great way to kick things off. This offense has so much potential to score, but felt like they were shooting themselves in the foot with multiple false starts and bad throws much in the 2nd quarter. They definitely turned it back around to start the 3rd quarter and by the fourth quarter the game was out of reach, once again. Rams still have some work to do to clean up this stuff before starting playoffs in a couple of weeks. Again, not their A game much due to their 2nd quarter play. But, overall, a sound victory and defeat of their cross-town rival Lincoln.

Interestingly, the Rams were up 35-14 with less than a minute to go in the game. They could have easily taken a knee to end it. Instead, many of the backups were in and they decide to run the ball. The freshman #4 Kenny Moore (a starter) juked several Trojan defenders and scores from the 40. Again, could have and probably should have taken a knee, but it’s vs Lincoln and I am guessing padding the score to make a statement going into the playoffs. My perspective it was giving the ball to the freshman and the backups with the opportunity to do something. Again, fine-tuning this well oiled machine.

The W streak continues. Last time Lincoln defeated St. Mary’s was 2005, when my eldest son was a junior and there were only a handful of seniors on the team. On to the playoffs!

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
Spot on both points.

I said this before but the only NorCal teams capable of beating DLS are the ones that have beaten them with the possible exception of Pittsburg. 99% of the rest couldn’t accomplish the same.
We'll keep an eye on next week's DLS game against Clayton Valley Charter. The Ugly Eagles have really turned things around this season.

We'll keep an eye on next week's DLS game against Clayton Valley Charter. The Ugly Eagles have really turned things around this season.
Especially seeing that DLS could only muster 27 points last night, and trailed after 1 against Amador Valley. CVC put up 47 on AV 3 weeks ago. I still think Sparty prevails, but yes one to keep an eye on for sure.

1. I'm pretty sure NCSF was referring to THE Streak, not the one that preceded THE Streak.

2. We can dispense with the hyperbole. DLS would rip apart the vast majority of NorCal teams. Average, they are not.
It’s fallen to “we could beat a bunch of NorCal teams”

wow.

The biggest critique I can provide DLS is that Justin and his staff are outcoached regularly now.

regularly.

💯.. not very good and trending toward relatively above average by any standards.
meme-1-1536x836.jpg

It definitely doesn't.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: concrete17
I think CVC handles DLS, this DLS team is terrible with their garbage QBs and soft defense

edit: terrible by DLS standards
I've no skin in the game at this point but the labeling of "garbage QBs" is ridiculous. In my experience, HS football players in high expectation programs work their hinies off. And their successes (or failures) are unequivocally NOT wholly self-owned. True, some are more productive than others and some families have spent years planning and thousands of dollars on external coaching to get them into a program with hopes of the next level.

I DO think it's fair to critique coaches/programs who/which seem to enjoy an inherent talent pool and depth/numbers in paid staff.

So let me get this straight. This is the weakest team since Lad has been in place. Yet the other two top Nor Cal teams barely beat them. Doesn’t say much for Nor Cal as a whole.

St Mary boatraced them after the 1 st quarter and put up 45 points against them and beat them by 2 scores, that performance was more then barely

That was a poorly officiated game on both sides. Terrible. That 4-1 was obvious a first. All this makes sense now.
not the same team I saw before because it wasn’t. OR lost a couple more kids last night also as you probably could see. The bye week will be good and wish DO best in playoffs. #16 is an absolute race horse for you guys btw. And pinnick is best QB in sfl. Good luck!
16 is the backup senior QB who fell down the pecking order earlier this season after taking the job last season. Shows how good of an athlete he is now playing WR, CB and returner due to the injury/sick bug. Good luck in the playoffs!

Reactions: ESPN Ken
I've no skin in the game at this point but the labeling of "garbage QBs" is ridiculous. In my experience, HS football players in high expectation programs work their hinies off. And their successes (or failures) are unequivocally NOT wholly self-owned. True, some are more productive than others and some families have spent years planning and thousands of dollars on external coaching to get them into a program with hopes of the next
Alcohol, Drink, Liqueur, Distilled beverage, Alcoholic beverage, Facial hair, Whisky, Beard,

• Haha
Reactions: 1315 and MC415
Sacred Heart Prep wins over Menlo Atherton - 35-14. I don't know why I thought MA could muster a win over SHP!

Watch out for Liberty in NCS. Should have beaten Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago. Maybe a 2nd round matchup with DLS and I think they can beat DLS.
Liberty squeaked one out last night, edging Deer Valley 72-0.

After College Park beat Ygnacio Valley last week 84-0, the CP HC & AD were both suspended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT