ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Scores

WHAT A SURPRISE...DLS runs over SRV, the Wol;ves seem to be falling apart, nothing works, as running backs for DLS are running wild and are SRV now behind 42-0 ..On paper, SRV looked good, but DLS line action and a fast moving offensive are just too much for San Ramon Valley...

Turlock takes down Downey33-14, in probably the worst officiating I’ve ever watched in all my years. IMO, the refs won this game with their one-sided calling of the game. Totally disgusting!
What were some of the missed calls that stood out to you?

VC 21
SHC 7 (36-yard TD pass in the 2nd).

Twelve Bridges 44
Placer 27

DLS 42
SRV 14

Rocklin 35
Granite Bay 21

Central Catholic 46
Oakdale 27

Kelseyville 20
Willits 17

South City 29
Woodside 17

Arcata 35
Ferndale 7

St. Francis 27
St. Ignatius 13

Turlock 33
Downey 14

Pajaro Valley at Stevenson, on Saturday. NFHS Network.

Alisal beats St. Francis (Watsonville) on a goal line stand as time runs out, 33-27. Sets themselves up for 2nd place and an automatic playoff bid in the PCAL-Mission North.

Turlock takes down Downey33-14, in probably the worst officiating I’ve ever watched in all my years. IMO, the refs won this game with their one-sided calling of the game. Totally disgusting!
Turlock shut down the Downey offense, and moved at will for the first three drives in the first half. Downey had a short field TD when they recovered a fumble inside the Turlock 10 and then they had a long pass for the second TD. That was the extent of their scoring, all in the first half. There were several unsportsmanlike penalties, including at least one on Turlock, maybe more. One of their (Turlock) initial drives was aided by a 30-yard total penalty, a roughing the passer and unsportsmanlike tacked on. I would not say the refs decided this game as Turlock repeatedly stopped Downey. Turlock also had some lost fumbles that stifled drives, and had an interception (of Downey) that also resulted in an unsportsmanlike penalty for excessive celebrating and taunting. (It should be noted that I am a Turlock fan). The Downey QB had pressure on him all night and was able to scramble for some gains, and it should also be noted that he had some good passes dropped. But the fact of the matter is (any bias on my side acknowledged) that Downey had not played anyone this season, even with a strengthened non-conference schedule, on the level of Turlock and could not run up the passing yards and scores. I can see from a Downey fan's perspective that the ref's calls were factors but that wasn't why they lost.

Holy moley... The Campolindo Cougars smash favored Las Lomas 30-7!

Third loss in a row after a 5-0 start for LL... They are reeling!

Cougs move to 3-4, but they are in first place because this was Week 1 of league play. Okay, tied for first... :)

St. Marys played a bit sloppy in this game with an INT on their very first series on offense, throwing directly to an Edison LB. The Rams were up 28-10 at halftime and fumbled twice in the 3rd quarter that resulted in two Viking’s TDs which allowed Edison back in the game tightening the score to 28-23. A couple of roughing the passer penalties were huge, the later one resulting in negating a Ram INT of former Ram QB, Devin Rasmussen, on 4th down. Edison came to play. St. Mary’s needs to clean up their play if they want to do well in the playoffs. This game vs Edison should not have been close at all. The Rams next two opponents in TCAL league play are Tracy (away) and Lincoln (at SM), which should be blowouts for the Rams, just as this game vs Edison should’ve been, but Tracy and Lincoln will be much easier opponents. Kudos to Edison who joined the TCAL just this season and will finish 2nd behind St. Mary’s. The Rams will finish 5-0 in league play and will face much tougher competition in the playoffs.

Newman looked really good last night. Jumped out to 28-0 Halftime lead and dominated the "Ranch." I thought the play calling was much better on the offensive side of the ball with letting Jentry use his speed to break a few runs which allowed "LT" to get comfortable throwing. Oregon State got a good one in Jesse Myers.

In other key games, Windsor looked really flat early against San Marin which did them in. I think maybe emotional letdown after that tough loss to newman. San Marin travels to Newman next week which will be a good game but I stil think the league is Newmans to lose at this point.

SFL
Oak Ridge 71 Davis 0. Davis please for the love of god get out of this league. If you aren't the worse team in America I don't know who is.
Jesuit 34 Del Oro 14- No surprise here. Jesuit too big and physical up front was able to run pretty easily. Long year for DO.
Rocklin 35 Granite Bay 21- I thought this was the game of the week in SFL. It was 21 all and Rocklin pulled away. Rocklin is the clear #2 in the SFL.
Folsom 69 and Whitney 7. Yeah no bueno. Folsom is just really so much better than anybody else.

Pretty crappy SFL this year. I guess we've been spoiled recently.

Congratulations to Twelve Bridges
on their 51-34 victory over Placer,
a couple of plays was the difference in this game…a pick 6 by TB early in 1st qtr following a td on opening drive by TB on a defensive breakdown putting Placer dn 14-0 within 2 minutes.The pick 6 and a fake TB 4th and 2 at the TB 40 yd line that kept drive alive and culminated in another TB td was brutal for Placer,with TB Coach Chris Beane saying “he did not want to give Placer Coach Joey Montoya the ball back”.Both offenses looked like juggernauts as both Defenses had a tough time getting off the field without giving up a td or fg.There’s a very good chance these two teams will see each other again next month in the D4 playoffs….we’ll see how it all breaks down in the seeding.Again congratulations to TB on their victory!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Streak One
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT