ADVERTISEMENT

WEEKEND ROUNDUP OF GAMES OF THE WEEK AND PICKS

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
What happened to Freedom in the second half...The Falcons were staying with Liberty thru the first half and then they went flat while the Lions poured in on Freedom in the thirst quarter and the Falcons never recovered....In the last meet, Liberty shut out Freedom 37-0...its as if a repeat of the last game in the second half took place. This wasn't expected when you consider how much talent that Freedom had or just how strong that Liberty is??
Line Score
Liberty...…...07.....14.....27.....07.....55
Freedom 07.....14.....00.....00.....21
Liberty faces Antioch next Friday night at the Panther stadium while Freedom stays home..Freedom can't afford another loose but neither Antioch, so its a do or die.
And what about Cardinal Newman, In the picks,LarryLegend33 chose Cardinal Newman in a close win over Rancho Cotate and he was right...I chose RC over CN in a close one , but CN proved both of us wrong as they opened up the offense and dug in on the defense on a close game was out. Was there something in the water or did the Coach point his team in the right direction. As the Cardinals ran over RC and captured the crown for the league unless something weird happens.
Cardinal Newman.....21.....21.....00.....00.....42
Rancho Cotate………..00.....07.....00.....14.....21

The pick.....Rancho Cotate at Cardinal Newman.....The pick.....RC28 CN 21....What happened CN42 RC21...The key is...don't bet against the Cardinals.

BIG GAMES
Monte Vista 4-1 at California 4-1.....The Pick.....MV 31 Calif. 24...What Happened MV 23 Calif.13..Both teams fought it out and the Mustang defense proved to be the difference..
Ukiah 4-1 AT Carrillo 3-2.....the Pick.....Ukiah 34 Carrillo 24....What happened....no report on score.
San Leandro 1-4 at Piedmont 4-1.....The Pick.....San Leandro 27 Piedmont 19....what Happened
San Leandro 27 Piedmont 14...The 1-4 W/L record does not tell the story of the Pirates...
Alameda 4-1 at Tennyson 4-1.....The Pick.....Alameda 35 Tennyson 27.....What Happened
Tennyson 61 Alameda 60...In one of the wildest games played in some time, no body wanted to loose. And this give a first place tie between Tennyson Hayward and Mt.Eden.
Grant 3-2 at Oakridge 4-1.....The Pick.....Oakridge 41 Grant 24.........What Happened
Oakridge 33 Grant 6 Changing league by grant may not have been a good idea...

GAMES OF INTEREST
Acalanes 2-4 at CVC 4-1.....The pick.....CVC 49 Acalanes 24.....What happened
CVC 49 Acalanes 13...
Dougherty Valley 4-1 at AmadoprValley 4-1.....the Pick.....Amador Valley 33 Dougherty Valley 21.....
What happened.....Amador Valley 58 Dougherty Valley 7......The parade of wins comes to a rude end for DV.
Kelseyville 4-1 at Ft. Bragg 2-3.....The Pick.....Kelseyville 40 Ft. Bragg 18....no report of score
Sat. St. Mary's of Albany 4-1at Salesian 2-3......The pick.....St. Mary's 26 Salesian 21
What Happened.....Salesian 56 St. Mary's of Albany 45....Another wild score game
Line Score
Salesian …..07.....21.....14.....14.....56
St. Marys….10.....14.....13.....08.....45
St. Mary's couldn't keep up with the Chieftains.

BVAL
Heritage 1-5 at Antioch 5-1.....The Pick.....Antioch49 Heritage 8.....What happened
Antioch 38 Heritage 7...
Pittsburg 4-2 at Deer Valley 3-3.....The Pick.....Pittsburg 63 Deer Valley 13.....What happened
Pittsburg 62 Deer Valley 0
Freedon 5-1 at Liberty 6-0.....ThePick…..Liberty 31 Freedom 28.....what Happened
Liberty 55 Freedom 21....a real surprise score....Freedom payed only one half a game???

DIABLO ---FOOTHILL
Alhambra 2-2 at Campolindo 4-1.....The Pick.....Campolindo 44 Alhambra 20.....What Happened
Campoldo 49 Alhambra 10.....The Bulldogs were their own worst enemy...In the first quarter they were on the one yard line and through a pass that was intercepted which set the tempo of the game.
Acalanes 2-3 at CVC 4-1.....The pIck….CVC 49 Acalanes 24...What happened.....CVC 49 Acalanes 13
Miramonte 4-1 at NorthGate 1-4.....The Pick.....Miramonte 37 North Gate 18.....What Happened
Miramonte 55 North Gate 0

DIABLO-----VALLEY
Las Lomas 6-0 at Concord 2-4....The Pick......LL 44 Concord 14.....what Happened
Las Lomas 56 Concord 0....And the Knights march on
Benicia 3-2 at Mt. diablo 0-6.....The Pick.....Benicia 48 Mt. diablo 6.....What happened
Benicia 48 Mt. diablo 0...what a shame, the Red Devils use to be a power house, but this all changed when YG Concord Hi and CVC spun off Mt. diablo.
College Park 2-4 at Ygnacio Valley 2-2.....The Pick.....yg 19 cp 13.....what happened …..YG 49 CP 0
College Park continues into a tail spin.

EAST BAY-----MOUNTIAN
Monte Vista 4-1 at California 4-1.....The Pick.....MV 31 California24.....What happened...
MV 23 California 13...
San Ramon Valley 3-1 at Foothill 2-3.....The Pick ….SRV 44 Foothill 20.....what happened
SRV 24 Foothill 0...Looks like Foothill gave SRV a fight

EAST BAY---VALLEY
Dougherty Valley 4-1 at Amador Valle 4-1.....The pick.....Amador Valley 33 DV 21....What Happened
Amador Valle 58 DV 7
Granada 4-1 at Dublin 4-1.....The pick.....Granada 28 Dublin 19.....what happened
Granada 36 Dublin 13...the Gaels had a good run until they met Granada
Sat....Livermore 2-3 at Eureka 6-0.....the Pick Eureka 44 Livermore 13...What happened
Eureka 27 Livermore 0...the Loggers scored all 27 points in the first half..the rest is a mystery.

I noticed Aguilar didn’t come back into the game as the game got away from Freedom. I know he was hurt the week before. Hard to say if he couldn’t return because of injury or if the game over in their minds. Can’t imagine the last thing is the reason.

With Turner out for Pitt and Aguilar possibly out for Freedom it takes some of the spark away from that game. I can’t imagine what Giles and Ealy being able to handle score with Pitt without Aguilar

I believe Liberty is " just that good." Wouldn't surprise me to see them put up 50 against Antioch and Pitt either. Saw them play against CN, and their speed, size and skill is outstanding. Hope to watch them play DLS in the Final. I think they would give them more than they want to see.

CN is on fire right now ( and as we approach the 1 year anniversary of the Tubb's fire, it's the right kind of "on fire" to be) .That 1st half effort just speaks for itself. 42-7, running clock, 2 late rc td's against cn subs. I really think that game against Liberty brought this team to another level. And, speaking of Liberty...they are hanging 55 points on good D1 teams...makes the CN effort look a lot better. CN will be able to finish as league champs barring some catastrophe, and should be the 1 seed in d3. Eureka may be the only team standing in their way of ncs championship. Rancho can still win D2, but may have to do it as a 2 or 3 seed.

Last edited:
1TUNZ1- Makes you wonder if Newman didn't have a few of those unlucky things happen to them in their game with Liberty they could have been up in that game. Not saying they would have won but you get the feeling they are also "that good" considering what Liberty is doing to D1 programs. I have no idea about Eureka but looks like they are 7-0 with some decent non league wins. I'm sure they are big and physical.
Newman stays healthy they have a good shot of going to a regional bowl game.

I really need to watch Liberty play in person.

Any Eureka peeps on the board who can give us a report of this year's team?

Any Eureka peeps on the board who can give us a report of this year's team?
We need some one from the Eureka area to fill us in on what the Loggers have....They jumped on Livermore 27-0 in the first half and must have cleared their bench in the second and the bench was good enough to keep Livermore from scoring.

Ukiah isn't bad.....and Eureka smashed them 41-13 earlier this yr.
CN play Ukiah this week...good common opponent comparison.

And don't forget Eureka had Rancho beat last yr at Rancho in sections
and zooed up the end of the game with Rancho on blocked FG.
(rancho kicking FG to tie game with 20? 30? secs or so left...kicked it in 3rd down and it was blocked and Rancho recovered and kicked again...this time it was good....then on the kickoff Eureka fumbled Rancho recovered and scored to win game in regulation)

so...I know every yr is different with graduations....but I think Eureka may be pretty good...

Id like to get some feedback from a Eureka fan also

We need some one from the Eureka area to fill us in on what the Loggers have....They jumped on Livermore 27-0 in the first half and must have cleared their bench in the second and the bench was good enough to keep Livermore from scoring.
Guys.....Eureka has a very good QB named Cruz Montana and is backed up by a good crew....eureka beat Livermore 34-0 and not 27-0, scored 20 points in the first quarter. Apparently the field was a muddy mess Sat. and Livermore was able to keep Eureka scoring only seven in the second half...

[Bluedog2, post: 210283, member: 698"]
College Park 2-4 at Ygnacio Valley 2-2.....The Pick.....yg 19 cp 13.....what happened …..YG 49 CP 0
College Park continues into a tail spin

BD, I think you have this one backwards. CP beat YV 49-0.

Alhambra is a mess. There QB could set a record for the most interceptions in a season. Boyce is able to start playing next week but it won’t matter with this QB. I am curious to see how good Boyce is. Everyone I have spoken to has nothing but good things to say about him. All the help in the world won’t matter with this QB. And daddy will never replace him. Also Boyce’s little brother is not at dls. He is second string running back on Alhambra’s freshman team.

[Bluedog2, post: 210283, member: 698"]
College Park continues into a tail spin

BD, I think you have this one backwards. CP beat YV 49-0.
Observer22...You are right.....Max preps. reported it that way and then revered it later.....CP seems to have the people to do the job, but they are totally running in confusion......

Alhambra is a mess. There QB could set a record for the most interceptions in a season. Boyce is able to start playing next week but it won’t matter with this QB. I am curious to see how good Boyce is. Everyone I have spoken to has nothing but good things to say about him. All the help in the world won’t matter with this QB. And daddy will never replace him. Also Boyce’s little brother is not at dls. He is second string running back on Alhambra’s freshman team.
HUMBAB......To hear that the little Boyce is not at DLS is good news, I will be going to the Alhambra-Miramonte game, so we will see what happens...Hern pretty well threw the game away against Campolindo, this has to be one of the worst seasons at Alhambra in a long time......whats needed is a tall QB and Alhambra seems to be on the short end of the stick for tall QB's, so they can see what is going on over the lines. Or a big tough line to protect the QB so he has time to pass or make changes in a hurry...

When was Mt. Diablo a powerhouse?
Benicia 3-2 at Mt. diablo 0-6.....The Pick.....Benicia 48 Mt. diablo 6.....What happened
Benicia 48 Mt. diablo 0...what a shame, the Red Devils use to be a power house, but this all changed when YG Concord Hi and CVC spun off Mt. diablo.

When was Mt. Diablo a powerhouse?
EASPOT.....Mt. Diablo like Oberservers22 said was in the 60's when Coach Hart Fairclough was in in charge...,When Ygnacio Valley, CVC, Concord and Pleasant Hill spun off and Pacificia was created, it was the beginning of the down fall of Mt. Diablo...

I believe Liberty is " just that good." Wouldn't surprise me to see them put up 50 against Antioch and Pitt either. Saw them play against CN, and their speed, size and skill is outstanding. Hope to watch them play DLS in the Final. I think they would give them more than they want to see.

CN is on fire right now ( and as we approach the 1 year anniversary of the Tubb's fire, it's the right kind of "on fire" to be) .That 1st half effort just speaks for itself. 42-7, running clock, 2 late rc td's against cn subs. I really think that game against Liberty brought this team to another level. And, speaking of Liberty...they are hanging 55 points on good D1 teams...makes the CN effort look a lot better. CN will be able to finish as league champs barring some catastrophe, and should be the 1 seed in d3. Eureka may be the only team standing in their way of ncs championship. Rancho can still win D2, but may have to do it as a 2 or 3 seed.

Well, Liberty put up their 50 points against Antioch, in a 52-0 huge statement victory. CN took care of ukiah 45-14. I think Pitt will put up a tougher game than Antioch, but Liberty still wins.

From my perspective a few things are becoming clear around NORCAL.
1. Liberty is excellent. Are they in DLS/Folsom class? Not sure. Maybe a tier down but certainly a state title type team. Does Pitt have a chance?
2. Del Oro is the real deal. How in the world Placer is rated on this board over them is beyond me. Sorry they would smash Placer after watching what I saw last night.
3. Newman is very good. Maybe Cronin's best defensive team. Curious what Liberty fans think. I mean you take away crazy hail mary, fumbles in end zone, and fumbled for a TD and that liberty/newman game is much different. Nobody has held Liberty to fewer points.

Reactions: 1tunz1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT