ADVERTISEMENT

what are some predictions for the new EBAL?

1. MV
2. Cal
3. SRV
4. DV

1. Foothill
2. AV
3. Granada
4. Dublin
5. Livermore

1. MV
2. Cal
3. SRV
4. DV

1. Foothill
2. AV
3. Granada
4. Dublin
5. Livermore

If that is the new alignment, then I'd have to agree with Bubba's predictions. Will be a tough first season for both DV and Dublin as they adjust to the EBAL.

It's possible Livermore could leap frog Dublin IMO. Dublin and DV will find out how competitive EBAL truly is.

It's a 10 team league not a split, football is only sport not splitting to a 5/5 division. Livermore schools and Dub, DV get opt out rights to DLS.

I really don't like 9-10 team leagues. The league was just fine before with DLS or out. They should have formed an equity league with an A division (teams like MV, Cal, SRV, AV) and a B division. Every other year the bottom 2 in A move down and the top two B division move up.Half of the games will be blow outs and also the top EBAL teams will only have one nonleague (usually DLS) and it was nice when they would venture out and play a Sierra Foothill, top BVAL or WCAL team. I think this new league is a step back.

Last edited:
1 Monte Vista
2 California
3 San Ramon Valley
4 Foothill
5 Amador
6 Granada
7 Dublin
8 Livermore
9 Dougherty Valley

I really don't like ten team leagues. The league was just fine before with DLS or out. They should have formed an equity league with an A division (teams like MV, Cal, SRV, AV) and a B division. Every other year the bottom 2 in A move down and the top two B division move up.Half of the games will be blow outs and also the top EBAL teams will only have one nonleague (usually DLS) and it was nice when they would venture out and play a Sierra Foothill, top BVAL or WCAL team. I think this new league is a step back.
NorCalSportsFan....I'm with you.....This was a poor decision to make a giant league, it cheats every team of preseason games and a chance to work out the bugs, maybe the powers that be will wake up and go to a two division league that makes more sense.

NorCalSportsFan....I'm with you.....This was a poor decision to make a giant league, it cheats every team of preseason games and a chance to work out the bugs, maybe the powers that be will wake up and go to a two division league that makes more sense.

Besides being too big of a league, it forces some to play DLS and it hinders all from scheduling quality non league games

I've been very vocal against the 10 team league on these forums. Football is the only sport not doing a split in EBAL and it came down to a 5/5 vote. Foothill, MV, SRV, AV, Cal all wanted their easy wins. DLS, Liv, GR, DV, Dub wanted competitive equity. Commissioner was tie breaker vote and went with what the established coaches wanted. Its a shame, while the elite leagues in NorCal go challenge other elite teams the top EBAL teams chickened out for easy wins

Reactions: concrete17
I've been very vocal against the 10 team league on these forums. Football is the only sport not doing a split in EBAL and it came down to a 5/5 vote. Foothill, MV, SRV, AV, Cal all wanted their easy wins. DLS, Liv, GR, DV, Dub wanted competitive equity. Commissioner was tie breaker vote and went with what the established coaches wanted. Its a shame, while the elite leagues in NorCal go challenge other elite teams the top EBAL teams chickened out for easy wins

It's a shame the upper tier EBAL teams are against raising the bar and scheduling tougher opponents. I'm not saying schedule Centennial Corona or SJB but scheduling a CVC or Granite Bay would be nice.

It also doesn't seem right for teams like Dublin and DV that are new to EBAL to face all three top teams MV, Cal and SRV right out of the chute. In a split league the new teams would still have their hands full with Foothill, AV and Granada.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
I understand the hype RE MV but here is some things to consider:

-Cal has defeated MV 3 in a row and 5 out of 6
-SRV has defeated MV 4 of last 5 (although the new SRV coach looks weak and lost to MV last year)
-Foothill has defeated MV 4 in a row

Not seeing any of these teams yet in 2016, I would be very hesitant to predict MV as champs.

San Ramon was heavy with seniors last year. They lost a great qb. Hard to believe they are going to be any threat in the EBAL

San Ramon was heavy with seniors last year. They lost a great qb. Hard to believe they are going to be any threat in the EBAL
Dublin and DV have been improving each year in the DFAL, now they get a chance to see what they are up against in the EBAL...It won't be easy, but both teams won't go down without a fight...SRV seems to be looking for its self the last few years, they have the personnel, they are just not clicking...

I understand the hype RE MV but here is some things to consider:

-Cal has defeated MV 3 in a row and 5 out of 6
-SRV has defeated MV 4 of last 5 (although the new SRV coach looks weak and lost to MV last year)
-Foothill has defeated MV 4 in a row

Not seeing any of these teams yet in 2016, I would be very hesitant to predict MV as champs.

You make good points, Paul. In regard to Cal versus MV the mustangs are a difficult team for Cal to beat even when Cal has far more talent than MV. Obviously, I'm hoping the Grizzlies win that game but this is a year when MV has quite a bit more raw talent than any team in EBAL.

I wouldn't under estimate the younger Baker brother at QB for SRV

You make good points, Paul. In regard to Cal versus MV the mustangs are a difficult team for Cal to beat even when Cal has far more talent than MV. Obviously, I'm hoping the Grizzlies win that game but this is a year when MV has quite a bit more raw talent than any team in EBAL.

I like Cals chances because they are typically more physical than MV and the Grizz get them at home.
Should be fun to see.

A Grizz said three guys still in the mix for the most important team player and leader as of this week. Competition is a good thing and crowning your signal caller in June might just paint yourself into a corner. Sometimes that backup could end up breaking school records if he struts his stuff with group 1. But three guys this late? Weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT