ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever Happened to the QB SNEAK?

Mustange76

Seasoned Veteran
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2018
Is it just me or did Folsom’s win over DLS have to be that hard? First and goal from the 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and Folsom, with a 6-foot-6, 220-pound QB, runs every play from the spread-shotgun formation. The first three plays — including two passes! — go nowhere and it takes a Lambeau Leap by said QB to finally score. I see this way too much in football, from the preps to the pros.
No one squats behind the center and just sneaks it. Infuriating. I know, It’s an old fashioned way of thinking, but still …
And while I’m at it: Stay off my
Lawn!!!

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
When you are always in gun and never practice from under center the exchange can be tricky. Best not to fumble the snap so they stay in gun.

Reactions: ThunderRam
When you are always in gun and never practice from under center the exchange can be tricky. Best not to fumble the snap so they stay in gun.

^^THIS.

I don’t agree with the strategy, but many of these teams only take snaps out of the gun. They won’t ever opt to go under center even when warranted. It’s long been my pet peeve with Rocklin’s offense. They do the exact same thing.

Even some notable big time college programs won’t go under center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT