ADVERTISEMENT

Where to get information on High School Football Stadiums/Fields

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Greetings,

I am just wondering where to get information on Seating Capacity for Both Home & Away Teams> What is the average Home Seating Capacity for High Schools and the Capacity for Visitors Seating? - tia!

Greetings,

I am just wondering where to get information on Seating Capacity for Both Home & Away Teams> What is the average Home Seating Capacity for High Schools and the Capacity for Visitors Seating? - tia!
NCSCALFOOTBALL.....That's a good question, depending on the size of the schools, the capacity could vary by a lot....There are still a number of schools that still have wood bletchers and as weather sets in, torn up grass fields. And a lot of these smaller high schools can't afford a turf or even lights.
The coach at Wood mentioned the size of the coming football stadium at Wood high at 2500 for the home team and 1500 for the visitors which should be impressive when its completed...By the looks of the location, the bletchers should be fairly steep to fit the area which will give the fans a high look of the field....

Bluedog2, I seen the design and yes the fans shud enjoy the view. However, i saw a discrepancy in the drawings they have a large seating for fans. However, the Entrance/Concession Stand Building is blocking a Large Portion of it. If they redesign it where it is currently at and switch to where the "ADA" ramp is, then that will fill in more or the Fans will get more better of a view.

I wud think they wud have more of a seating capacity because Wood's recently success they are having. I believe they were Rebuilding Last Year to Reload for this Year. If they continue their ways it may increase he Fans attendance especially in the Black & Blue Bowl.

I am excited for Wood as I had attended there when it was Jr. High School. Love the Campus being on a Hill and sure does get breezy there at times. Hopefully when I go back I cud attend a Black & Blue Bowl Game there. I went to many Vaca High Football Games there when I was student attending Vaca High.many, many moons ago!

Our new stadium does also include a wall that will be projecting the game live so people at concessions won't miss the action
Guys.....The only other thing I wonder about. is the parking....The lot is large, but if you get a full house, the local streets may be jam packed. I watched Wood rough up Alhambra in the scrimmage last year, so if they meet again, it will be a good test for both teams...Alhambra will have a QB coming up from the JV's, but not the caliber of the Wood QB, but they will have a 10-0 JV team to feed off, so the fur will fly if they meet....Wood has two big clashes to deal with in league play against Vacaville and Napa, and there is plenty of time to get prepared...so coach, we are pulling for you....

Well Vacaviile shud be really strong this Year and Wood shud be battling out and the current situation at Napa...it will be interesting indeed!

Guys.....The only other thing I wonder about. is the parking....The lot is large, but if you get a full house, the local streets may be jam packed. I watched Wood rough up Alhambra in the scrimmage last year, so if they meet again, it will be a good test for both teams...Alhambra will have a QB coming up from the JV's, but not the caliber of the Wood QB, but they will have a 10-0 JV team to feed off, so the fur will fly if they meet....Wood has two big clashes to deal with in league play against Vacaville and Napa, and there is plenty of time to get prepared...so coach, we are pulling for you....
Thanks coch and yes we are playing Alhambra again this year , I think Costco is gonna work with us on parking behind the school. I think it will be down napa, vaca and wood for MEL , obviously I want my boys to win but my heart does go out to my alma mater. I have a feeling unless some big name coach can right the ship it will Ben a hard couple years for Napa ahead

Thanks coch and yes we are playing Alhambra again this year , I think Costco is gonna work with us on parking behind the school. I think it will be down napa, vaca and wood for MEL , obviously I want my boys to win but my heart does go out to my alma mater. I have a feeling unless some big name coach can right the ship it will Ben a hard couple years for Napa ahead
Since we are on the subject of Wood high...Here is the preseason schedule for the Wildcats..
Preseason
8-19.....Alhambra Scrimmage at Alhambra...about 8:30 a.m...its going to be hot
8-25.....Concord Away 7 P.M.
9-1.......river Valley Away 7:30 P.M.
9-8.......Liberty home 7 P.M.
9-15.....American canyon Away 7 P.M.
Toughest game may be the Liberty lions, American Canyon seems to run hot and cold, Wood shut out Alhambra 28-0 last Scrimmage as the Bulldogs kept going for it on fourth and long, digging their own hole. This season, The Bulldogs will give Wood a fight...Wood walked all over concord last season and should be a repeat, river Valley is a mystery team....the wildcats should be battle tested for league play....

The visitors stands at Foothill High School seats 25 and the elevation of the very top row is 5 feet ; > ) But hey, they got a $30,000 video scoreboard!

Reactions: ncscalfootball
$30,000 video scoreboard -- uh, why?

??? I heard they charge to advertise on it, so I guess it will pay for itself over time. The visitors stands are by far the most pitiful I've ever seen. Very little capacity but worse is the height. I'm 6'2" and have to stand on the top row just to see over the players on the sidelines.

Since we are on the subject of Wood high...Here is the preseason schedule for the Wildcats..
Preseason
Toughest game may be the Liberty lions, American Canyon seems to run hot and cold, Wood shut out Alhambra 28-0 last Scrimmage as the Bulldogs kept going for it on fourth and long, digging their own hole. This season, The Bulldogs will give Wood a fight...Wood walked all over concord last season and should be a repeat, river Valley is a mystery team....the wildcats should be battle tested for league play....
We Steve hosting the Alhambra scrimmage this year

Preseason

Wood beat Concord 27-26 on the last play of the game last season (Concord lead 14-0 at half time). Not sure if that qualifies as a blowout. Great game, maybe. Not sure what Concord has coming back besides the quarterback

Wood beat Concord 27-26 on the last play of the game last season (Concord lead 14-0 at half time). Not sure if that qualifies as a blowout. Great game, maybe. Not sure what Concord has coming back besides the quarterback
MANNY2772.....dog gone it...I have a pile of scores and was looking at the wrong one, thanks for the correction...Not a blowout by a long shot, one of those come from behind victories when the chips are down....Concord has a 3-6-1 JV team moving up to build off, also, some kids at CV may move back to Concord, but that's iffy..

Reactions: manny2772
MANNY2772.....dog gone it...I have a pile of scores and was looking at the wrong one, thanks for the correction...Not a blowout by a long shot, one of those come from behind victories when the chips are down....Concord has a 3-6-1 JV team moving up to build off, also, some kids at CV may move back to Concord, but that's iffy..
More Concord.....The Minutemen have 11 returning for the 2017 season, led by Nick Nennes
More Concord......The Minutemen have 11 returning for the 2017 season and are led by Nick Nunez....they could be a tough bunch of troopers...

All good. the JV game was not close. Wood has some talented players moving up and I am not sure other than Nunez what Concord has back. They lost some key players with two players moving on (Morgan-DL to UC Davis and Cruz LB/TE to Fresno State) I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT