ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the 2022 NorCal Open Team?

St. Mary's got DLS in Stockton. It was NOT more convincing. They gave up 35 points to a futile DLS offense.

1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everone else

• Haha
Reactions: bulldogmgc
If Folsom and St. Marys win out, how do you say Folsom has a better record, since St. Mary's would be undefeated.
I think he meant better SOS (not W/L record). Calpreps only looks at W/L, not so much point differential or actual dominance not reflected in the score. Ratings are based on W/L vs other teams with high or low ratings. It really is mute as the only true way to determine who is better is to play the game on the field. Let the seedings be what they are. Let the ratings be what they are. Let the projections be what they are. All of it is mute once the two teams take the field and play eachother. Case in point … last night at St. Mary’s. It’s all good! GO RAMS!!!

Reactions: MTsince2004
An undefeated Serra will still be NorCals Open rep despite St. Mary’s having a more convincing win vs DLS, due to SOS. And that’s okay!

Heck, a SFL league champ (Folsom or Del Oro) may still be the #1 seed for the SJS D1 section playoffs due to SOS. St. Mary’s will be no worst than #2 seed, finishing undefeated. And that’s okay, too!

In any case, St. Mary’s being #1 or #2 in SJS D1 secures home field throughout the playoffs, and IMHO, will be the favorite.

Imagine if Del Oro pulls off the upset and beats Folsom in SFL league, I picture Del Oro being #1 seed in SJS D1 (not D2 since they win D1 league) and Folsom dropping to #3 seed (MT to #4 seed) and visiting Stockton to face St. Mary’s in the semifinals. Del Oro would host MT. Folsom wins SFL league, Del Oro drops to D2 for playoffs and St. Mary’s host MT in the semifinals before facing Folsom (neutral field) in the SJS D1 section championship.

Again, Serra still is our NorCal Open rep. However, if Serra stumbles, the SJS D1 champion is slated as NorCal Open rep (doubtful). I do not see Serra stumbling. I do not see their SOS dropping either.

Currently, after St. Mary’s beating DLS (more convincingly), St. Mary’s is ranked below both Serra and Folsom per Calpreps: http://calpreps.com/2022/ratings/California_all.htm and that’s alright!

GO RAMS!!!
I am not so sure that Schedule strength has anything to do with it….

Just look at last year…. DLS Clearly had the Better Schedule then Serra with a 3 TD win over SJS Champ Folsom and a 4 TD win over the San Diego Open Champ…. DLS only lost to St Francis by 3 points on ST Francis home field…..

Serra got Blowen out by ST Francis on Serra’s Home Field and Barley scraped by ST Francis in the playoffs and played no one good and had no other good wins….

It was clear last year that the Committee just wanted to give the open to another section Despite the fact it clearly should have been DLS….

If ST Mary’s Wins out this year and wins the SJS, I believe that the Committee will do the same thing and give the Open to The SJS so they can get another section into the Open….

Serra would get the nod over Folsom though because Serra beat Folsom on Folsoms Home Field….

So I would say, this win put ST Mary’s in the Drivers seat for the open based on how the Committee selected last years Open Rep….

Congrats to Your Rams, they almost beat Rocklin last year in that Crazy playoff game which showed they were right on the doorstep and they just blew that door wide open…. The Rams may just have the Best Offense in Nor Cal this year…. 🍻

Last edited:
St. Mary's got DLS in Stockton. It was NOT more convincing. They gave up 35 points to a futile DLS offense.

1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everone else
Based on the results on the field it would go like this….

1. ST Mary’s- Scored more points on DLS then Serra and Folsom Combined (45-41)

2. Serra- Head to Head dominate win over Folsom on Folsoms home field.

3. Folsom- Couldn’t even Beat Serra on their own home field and barley scraped by a DLS team that both Serra and ST Mary’s Dominated…..

ST Mary’s has the Best Offense in Nor Cal…

3. Folsom- Couldn’t even Beat Serra on their own home field and barley scraped by a DLS team that both Serra and ST Mary’s Dominated…..

St Mary's gave up the most points by far to an awful DLS offense.

1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everyone else

Now once again I don't know crap about crap. But St Mary's best offence I HAVE PERSONALLY seen this year.

Folsom by two scores.

ST Marys fans will be walking away from the game like they did in 2015, yelling obscenities to all the kids on the way back to Stockton!
Last I recall, you picked DLS by 3 scores. You’re not very bright, are you? Then again, your insecurity is shining brighter than the sun on a warm summer day. ☀️

Yep, you scared! 😂

There will be a serious debate if SMS and Serra both run the table (Folsom would not be in the discussion at that point). What to do?

Yup. They will be d1. I could see them playing OR in playoffs maybe in 2nd round. Maybe a st marys vs Folsom section final with a state bid on line?
If that Happens, ST Mary’s will be playing for The Open and Folsom will be playing for D 1AA Assuming Serra runs the Table….

It’s Crazy to think because No one had St Mary’s in the Open Discussion before last night….

It was clear last year that the Committee just wanted to give the open to another section Despite the fact it clearly should have been DLS….

Eh, no, not so clear, I don't think.

I happen to believe the committee made the correct choice and I’m far from the only one. So “clearly” is a gross overstatement and hyperbole.

As far as this season is concerned, it’s still far too early to fairly select the Open participant. There’s still a lot of season remaining and impressions to be made.

I will say one thing St. Mary’s-Stockton now has in their favor is a more decisive and impressive ‘W’ over De La Salle than either Serra or Folsom. Those two team's wins over the Spartans were in doubt until the final moments and could have gone either way.

However the Rams put it on DLS in a decisive manner that hasn’t occurred in essentially 40 years (by a team North of Fresno).

Let's take a deeper dive into that:

The last time DLS lost by double-digits and more than 10 was in 1983 (Salesian 24-13). And DLS losing by double digits since the Lad era began in 1979 has only occurred 4 times with one of those instances being last night.

DLS has only surrendered 40+ points 12 times over their program's history dating back to 1972 and only 6 times since the Lad era began.

Of those 6 occurrences, 4 of them were in Open Division State Bowl games against the likes of Centennial-Corona, St. John Bosco, and Mater Dei and another was against OOS power St. Frances Academy.

The 6th occurrence happened last night in Stockton.

While DLS has clearly taken a huge step back (and perhaps others have take steps forward as well) and have lost 4 of their past 7 games -- the St. Mary's Rams performance last night was still historic and unparalleled by anyone North of Fresno.

Until others are able to replicate it -- it should be viewed with great esteem.

After all, both Serra and Folsom faced this exact DLS team this very season and neither posted anywhere near 45 points nor won as decisively.

One thing this may bring more into focus after everything plays out is that the Regional Open game needs to return. If St. Mary's finishes undefeated and happens to get placed in D2 then run the table but not get a shot at Folsom or Serra or Pitt or whomever for the chance to represent in the OPEN -- it will be reveal a huge flaw in the current system.

Eh, no, not so clear, I don't think.

I happen to believe the committee made the correct choice and I’m far from the only one. So “clearly” is a gross overstatement and hyperbole.

As far as this season is concerned, it’s still far too early to fairly select the Open participant. There’s still a lot of season remaining and impressions to be made.

I will say one thing St. Mary’s-Stockton now has in their favor is a more decisive and impressive ‘W’ over De La Salle than either Serra or Folsom. Those two team's wins over the Spartans were in doubt until the final moments and could have gone either way.

However the Rams put it on DLS in a decisive manner that hasn’t occurred in essentially 40 years (by a team North of Fresno).

Let's take a deeper dive into that:

The last time DLS lost by double-digits and more than 10 was in 1983 (Salesian 24-13). And DLS losing by double digits since the Lad era began in 1979 has only occurred 4 times with one of those instances being last night.

DLS has only surrendered 40+ points 12 times over their program's history dating back to 1972 and only 6 times since the Lad era began.

Of those 6 occurrences, 4 of them were in Open Division State Bowl games against the likes of Centennial-Corona, St. John Bosco, and Mater Dei and another was against OOS power St. Frances Academy.

The 6th occurrence happened last night in Stockton.

While DLS has clearly taken a huge step back (and perhaps others have take steps forward as well) and have lost 4 of their past 7 games -- the St. Mary's Rams performance last night was still historic and unparalleled by anyone North of Fresno.

Until others are able to replicate it -- it should be viewed with great esteem.

After all, both Serra and Folsom faced this exact DLS team this very season and neither posted anywhere near 45 points nor won as decisively.

One thing this may bring more into focus after everything plays out is that the Regional Open game needs to return. If St. Mary's finishes undefeated and happens to get placed in D2 then run the table but not get a shot at Folsom or Serra or Pitt or whomever for the chance to represent in the OPEN -- it will be reveal a huge flaw in the current system.
There is no Justification whatsoever to put a Nor Cal Team in The Open that Lost by 3 TD’s To another Nor Cal Team like Serra Did on their home field to SF Last year….

The Committee just wanted to put Someone else but DLS in the Open, that couldn’t have been more obvious…. What helped the Committee was DLS’s 3 point fluke loss to ST Francis on the road so the Committee was given that slight crack in the door needed to push someone else into the open….

The Schedule and Wins Clearly favored DLS last year and that is the facts, not an “Overstatement”…

I do agree though… The open play in game needs to come back…. Serra vs ST Mary’s would be a fabulous game!!!….

If that Happens, ST Mary’s will be playing for The Open and Folsom will be playing for D 1AA Assuming Serra runs the Table….

It’s Crazy to think because No one had St Mary’s in the Open Discussion before last night….
Don’t count Del Oro out! This game next week between Del Oro @ Folsom will be HUGE. If Del Oro pulls off the upset, Del Oro will more than end up as the SFL league champs (but still have a game vs Oak Ridge as last league game) and end up playing in D1 (winning a D1 league). I can envision the potential of DO being the #1 seed followed by St. Mary’s #2 seed and Folsom #3 seed. Heck there could even be a 3-way tie if DO is victorious this Friday but loses to Oak Ridge. Still, Folsom will NOT lose because Pasty says so. 😂

St. Mary’s still has to take care of business vs Tracy and Lincoln-Stockton. Lincoln beat Lodi last night convincingly (42-21). They must have improved much since I last saw them play. But, note that Tracy beat Lincoln last week. So, the Rams can’t afford a letdown. Only way St. Mary’s ends up in D2 is if they lose league to either Tracy or Lincoln-Stockton. Doubtful, but still have to play the game on the field.

Still lots of football left! And the playoffs can result in some unpredictable outcomes. Note: 2009!

Reactions: THEOC89
I am not so sure that Schedule strength has anything to do with it….

Just look at last year…. DLS Clearly had the Better Schedule then Serra with a 3 TD win over SJS Champ Folsom and a 4 TD win over the San Diego Open Champ…. DLS only lost to St Francis by 3 points on ST Francis home field…..

Serra got Blowen out by ST Francis on Serra’s Home Field and Barley scraped by ST Francis in the playoffs and played no one good and had no other good wins….

If ST Mary’s Wins out this year and wins the SJS, I believe that the Committee will do the same thing and give the Open to The SJS so they can get another section into the Open….

Serra would get the nod over Folsom though because Serra beat Folsom on Folsoms Home Field….

So I would say, this win put ST Mary’s in the Drivers seat for the open based on how the Committee selected last years Open Rep….

Congrats to Your Rams, they almost beat Rocklin last year in that Crazy playoff game which showed they were right on the doorstep and they just blew that door wide open…. The Rams may just have the Best Offense in Nor Cal this year…. 🍻
Actually TheOC89 while I understand your narrative of why Serra should NOT have been chosen over DLS last year there are flaws to your argument as follows:

"DLS clearly had the better schedule than Serra". Not true as Serra had the "strength of schedule" [SOS] for the entire season of 63.6 vs DLS at 60.9.

"DLS only lost to St. Francis by 3 points". True, however you downgrade the Serra win over St. Francis by 4 points in the CCS Open Championship by stating "Serra barely scraped by St. Francis in the playoffs". Despite the earlier lopsided loss to the Lancers I think most fans would agree the more important of the 2 games between the 2 teams was the rematch for the section championship & the fact Serra was able to make adjustments and come out on top of a previously undefeated team swung the pendulum in Serra's favor in terms of team recognition.

"Serra played no one good and had no other good wins…." [other than the St. Francis win]. As I said previous Serra had a stronger SOS than DLS and had several other notable wins such as over Bellarmine who Serra beat solidly in regular season and again in playoffs - the same Bellarmine who had beaten good teams such as Central Catholic [13-2], Menlo-Atherton [9-3] and Los Gatos [10-1] in the playoffs. If you look up those 3 teams that Bellarmine had wins over you'll see those 3 teams all had quality wins over multiple good teams and yet Serra handled Bellarmine easily both in regular season 41-7 and playoffs 41-0 which I'd consider quality wins for Serra.

I'm not yet convinced the committee choosing the teams will opt to choose a lesser team simply to give a different section a chance in the playoffs, but hey maybe I'm wrong....

Reactions: ThunderRam
Actually TheOC89 while I understand your narrative of why Serra should NOT have been chosen over DLS last year there are flaws to your argument as follows:

"DLS clearly had the better schedule than Serra". Not true as Serra had the "strength of schedule" [SOS] for the entire season of 63.6 vs DLS at 60.9.

"DLS only lost to St. Francis by 3 points". True, however you downgrade the Serra win over St. Francis by 4 points in the CCS Open Championship by stating "Serra barely scraped by St. Francis in the playoffs". Despite the earlier lopsided loss to the Lancers I think most fans would agree the more important of the 2 games between the 2 teams was the rematch for the section championship & the fact Serra was able to make adjustments and come out on top of a previously undefeated team swung the pendulum in Serra's favor in terms of team recognition.

"Serra played no one good and had no other good wins…." [other than the St. Francis win]. As I said previous Serra had a stronger SOS than DLS and had several other notable wins such as over Bellarmine who Serra beat solidly in regular season and again in playoffs - the same Bellarmine who had beaten good teams such as Central Catholic [13-2], Menlo-Atherton [9-3] and Los Gatos [10-1] in the playoffs. If you look up those 3 teams that Bellarmine had wins over you'll see those 3 teams all had quality wins over multiple good teams and yet Serra handled Bellarmine easily both in regular season 41-7 and playoffs 41-0 which I'd consider quality wins for Serra.

I'm not yet convinced the committee choosing the teams will opt to choose a lesser team simply to give a different section a chance in the playoffs, but hey maybe I'm wrong....
We will Find out this year if ST Mary’s Runs the table….

ST Mary’s will have Matched both of Serra’s best wins and will have won the SJS D1 which is far better then Serra’s section….

And beating the Bells last year was not like Beating SJS Champ Folsom by 3 TD’s and The D1-AA State Champ San Diego CC by 4 TD’s…..

it’s just too bad that we can’t find out who Nor Cal’s best team is on the field…. It’s just a shame because we had that system in place….

Reactions: observer22
The Schedule and Wins Clearly favored DLS last year and that is the facts, not an “Overstatement”…

I don't think you understand what "clearly" means. It's merely your subjective interpretation and opinion. "Clearly" others disagree and have interpreted and weighed numerous factors differently than you have.

Such as Serra beating the same team they lost to 20 days earlier thus owning a 'W' over a team that DLS also lost to but didn't have a revenge win over.

Then there's also the factor of DLS having an additional loss. Sure, it was to a Nat'l power but it was also by double digits and not an especially competitive game.

You talk about "facts" but clearly chose to omit and ignore some of them.

So, again, you're overstating a lot.

There is no Justification whatsoever to put a Nor Cal Team in The Open that Lost by 3 TD’s To another Nor Cal Team like Serra Did on their home field to SF Last year….

I just provided some justification above. And even more could be listed.

You just don't happen to see or agree with the justification. But that doesn't mean there isn't any.

Just more overstating on your part.

I do agree though… The open play in game needs to come back…. Serra vs ST Mary’s would be a fabulous game!!!….

Well, at least there some silver lining to be had.

• Haha

My replies combined with your reply above puts to bed this foolish notion of "clearly".

Opinions are opinions while hyperbole is hyperbole.

The Committee just wanted to put Someone else but DLS in the Open, that couldn’t have been more obvious…. What helped the Committee was DLS’s 3 point fluke loss to ST Francis on the road so the Committee was given that slight crack in the door needed to push someone else into the open….

I think DLS didn't get the Open last year because officials don't want the same school meeting a junior college team in the state finals year after year. That said, DLS would have suffered the same fate as Serra last season if it had been chosen.

Taking a close gander at the Padres' 2022 schedule, one of their biggest problems gaining the NorCal Open slot (assuming SMS runs the table as well) is their own league. Other than Serra, does the WCAL's other seven really have a signature non-league W? Sure doesn't look like it. You can make a strong argument that the WCAL is not special overall. Thoughts?

Reactions: ThunderRam
Taking a close gander at the Padres' 2022 schedule, one of their biggest problems gaining the NorCal Open slot (assuming SMS runs the table as well) is their own league. Other than Serra, does the WCAL's other seven really have a signature non-league W? Sure doesn't look like it. You can make a strong argument that the WCAL is not special overall. Thoughts?

Historically the Tri-City hasn’t been a strong league, but might very well be better than the WCAL this season.

Folsom and DO are in the deepest league this season, but St. Mary’s has the most impressive win over DLS between the three that have beaten them.

If DLS loses again, though, it might further lessen the importance.

It's also instructive to note that Serra beat Folsom and DLS on the road on consecutive Friday nights. Not an easy double-dip to start a campaign.

Reactions: Cal 14
St. Mary's win is not as impressive as one would think. I will tell you why.

1. They won at HOME
2. They gave up way more points to an awful offense than Folsom and Serra
3. They got DLS at HOME AFTER they got beat up by Folsom and Serra

NorCal is as follows:
1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everyone else

• Haha
St. Mary's win is not as impressive as one would think. I will tell you why.

1. They won at HOME
2. They gave up way more points to an awful offense than Folsom and Serra
3. They got DLS at HOME AFTER they got beat up by Folsom and Serra

NorCal is as follows:
1. Serra
2. Folsom

3. Everyone else
You forgot to include that De La Salle only had 2 weeks to recover and prepare to do battle vs St. Mary’s.
Rule #1: Playing this year’s Rams of Stockton requires multiple weeks, maybe months to prepare. It’s just NOT fair! 😂

Rule #2: DLS should NOT be permitted to travel south or cross country prior to playing teams like Folsom, which may risk their ability to perform well against the such self-proclaimed elite teams like Folsom. Jet lag is a B**ch! 😂

Rule #3: Scoring 45 points vs DLS should be limited to a maximum score of 24 against the DLS defense by overheating the scoreboard once that score is achieved, since teams like Folsom and Serra are only able to score 24 points maximum versus the not-so-good-anymore DLS defense. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂

Rule #4: there is NO such rule because having this rule will create confusion for teams like Folsom and their die-hard fans to understand Rule #5. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂

And finally, Rule #5: The V formation (aligned with the rule #) should be outlawed against DLS, since teams like Folsom do NOT know how to run that formation. Only St. Mary’s knows and employs this formation against DLS when the game is out of reach. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂

Warning: Inability to enforce these rules may cause increased insecurity for other teams and their die-hard fans that may also have to face the Rams of Stockton in the near future. 😂

Not mentioned above, of course, …

The Folsom Rule: NorCal OPEN regional championship will be removed from play due to crybaby LOSER teams are not able to be represented in a state championship game, when entitlement must be enforced. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
My replies combined with your reply above puts to bed this foolish notion of "clearly".

Opinions are opinions while hyperbole is hyperbole.
Just Provide the 2 Better Wins that Serra had then DLS Beating the SJS D1 Champ and The SD Open Champ by 3 TD’s and 4TD’s Respectively….

And Based on your “Repeat Game” Theory Since DLS lost by only 3 to ST Francis, wouldn’t it be safe to assume DLS could beat them in a Re Match?…..

And it’s easy not to Lose by 2 TD’s to the Number 3 Nationally ranked team, if you don’t schedule a #3 ranked National Team….

So “Clearly” I am just as correct as you are and what Both ou Auguements “Clearly “ Show is we need the Open Playoff Game Back to Crown a true Nor Cal Champ on the field.. 🤣🍻

"What helped the Committee was DLS’s 3 point fluke loss to ST Francis on the road so the Committee was given that slight crack in the door needed to push someone else into the open…."

Fluke? SF was really good last year. Their lines dominated DLS (the line of scrimmage) and they had the better QB. They fumbled the ball 3+ times during the game and still won. DLS also had one more game under their belt when they played early in the season. I feel the majority of non-biased fans, who watched the DLS/SF game last year left believing SF was the better team. They were not a fluke. Serra came in fired up with a great game plan and barely got by the Lancers in the section championship. I don't know that this year's Serra team would have beaten either last year's Serra or SF team. Both teams were completely gutted by graduation (I believe both only brought back 4 starters)

I think DLS didn't get the Open last year because officials don't want the same school meeting a junior college team in the state finals year after year. That said, DLS would have suffered the same fate as Serra last season if it had been chosen.
Totally agree 100% on Both your points!!!…

And I don’t want to come across as “Against” Serra because I am a Big Fan of Coach Walsh and Serra!!!…

I am just against the system and the Subjective and Speculative way they choose the “Nor Cal Open Champ”…. Especially when we had a System in place that worked and it was played out on the field….

It’s just too bad that nobody wanted to play DLS back then to go to a SBG…. It robbed us all of Folsom vs DLS 2014, and who’s to say someone couldn’t have beaten DLS in 2016 and possibly 2017 and wouldn’t it have been awesome to have a re match of Folsom vs DLS 2018 to go to the Open?….

There are always ways anything can be spun to say Team A is Better then Team B, But the ultimate answer is to play it out on the field….

Reactions: observer22
"What helped the Committee was DLS’s 3 point fluke loss to ST Francis on the road so the Committee was given that slight crack in the door needed to push someone else into the open…."

Fluke? SF was really good last year. Their lines dominated DLS (the line of scrimmage) and they had the better QB. They fumbled the ball 3+ times during the game and still won. DLS also had one more game under their belt when they played early in the season. I feel the majority of non-biased fans, who watched the DLS/SF game last year left believing SF was the better team. They were not a fluke. Serra came in fired up with a great game plan and barely got by the Lancers in the section championship. I don't know that this year's Serra team would have beaten either last year's Serra or SF team. Both teams were completely gutted by graduation (I believe both only brought back 4 starters)
I should have phrased that Better because I was not saying SF was a Fluke last year… They were a great team and earned that win over DLS….

The game was very close though and DLS had the Lead and SF won on their last Drive… DLS had 4 or 5 TO’s, invludingand dropped a Pick 6 in the end zone that would have sealed the game….

So I should have said a 3 point loss that could have gone either way instead of a “Fluke”….

My Point is that DLS did not lose to SF by 3 TD’s like Serra did and had more wins over top notch teams…. SF would have been in the Open with No doubt had they won the section because they beat DLS on the field….🍻

Reactions: WCAL88
Still, it's tough to hang your hat on one excellent W.

It becomes a lot easier when that one excellent win is a lot more decisive than the others that played the same team. A team with the history DLS has defensively, no less.

Furthermore, to even become a candidate for the Open game, the Rams are going to add a few more excellent wins to their resume along the path of the SJS postseason. If they wind up D1 then they’ll likely get a shot at Folsom. If they are D2 then they’ll be in the toughest bracket in the section.

I believe their league is a D1 league but things change so often I’m not sure and haven’t bothered to verify at this early stage.

You forgot to include that De La Salle only had 2 weeks to recover and prepare to do battle vs St. Mary’s.
Rule #1: Playing this year’s Rams of Stockton requires multiple weeks, maybe months to prepare. It’s just NOT fair! 😂

Rule #2: DLS should NOT be permitted to travel south or cross country prior to playing teams like Folsom, which may risk their ability to perform well against the such self-proclaimed elite teams like Folsom. Jet lag is a B**ch! 😂

Rule #3: Scoring 45 points vs DLS should be limited to a maximum score of 24 against the DLS defense by overheating the scoreboard once that score is achieved, since teams like Folsom and Serra are only able to score 24 points maximum versus the not-so-good-anymore DLS defense. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂

Rule #4: there is NO such rule because having this rule will create confusion for teams like Folsom and their die-hard fans to understand Rule #5. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂

And finally, Rule #5: The V formation (aligned with the rule #) should be outlawed against DLS, since teams like Folsom do NOT know how to run that formation. Only St. Mary’s knows and employs this formation against DLS when the game is out of reach. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂

Warning: Inability to enforce these rules may cause increased insecurity for other teams and their die-hard fans that may also have to face the Rams of Stockton in the near future. 😂

Not mentioned above, of course, …

The Folsom Rule: NorCal OPEN regional championship will be removed from play due to crybaby LOSER teams are not able to be represented in a state championship game, when entitlement must be enforced. Again, it’s just NOT fair! 😂😂😂
You sound upset.

It's not my fault the baby Rams gave up that many points AT HOME to DLSs WORST OFFENSE in 40 years :)

#Stockton

• Haha
It becomes a lot easier when that one excellent win is a lot more decisive than the others that played the same team. A team with the history DLS has defensively, no less.

Furthermore, to even become a candidate for the Open game, the Rams are going to add a few more excellent wins to their resume along the path of the SJS postseason. If they wind up D1 then they’ll likely get a shot at Folsom. If they are D2 then they’ll be in the toughest bracket in the section.

I believe their league is a D1 league but things change so often I’m not sure and haven’t bothered to verify at this early stage.

If St. Mary's wins their league, they will be in D1.

If they do not win their league, they will be in D2 and this conversation about an Open bid would be moot.

St. Mary's has a couple of good teams remaining on their schedule (Tracy and Lincoln), but they will be two-touchdown favorites in both games.

You sound upset.

It's not my fault the baby Rams gave up that many points AT HOME to DLSs WORST OFFENSE in 40 years :)

#Stockton
Only upset that you are SO SCARED that you can’t recognize that no team from NorCal has posted that many points vs DLS in quite some time (could have been more … they took a knee and missed a chipshot FG). Allowing DLS to score even in the late minutes is mute, if your offense can dominate like the Baby RAMS did Friday night.

Wish I could help you with your FEAR of Baby RAMS. You must struggle getting any sleep because counting sheep to you means counting Baby RAMS scoring TD after TD after TD, and that bothers you … A LOT!!! Hope you are able to get over it and conquer your fears. 😉

Best keep your mind on the Del Oro Eagles, instead of Baby RAMS, or your team might be in for a shocker come Friday. Good luck! 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT