ADVERTISEMENT

1-AA State Bowl: St. Mary's vs. Cathedral Catholic

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
This is a rematch of the 2008 Division II state bowl won by Cathedral Catholic

ROLL DONS! Hoping we can pull another win off against St. Mary's. 2 very solid teams makes me think it may go down to the wire again.

Rams go 64 yards in 11 plays to score a TD on its opening drive. Dunniway to Aponte.

Nice play design faking Cotton wide and Frampton up the middle back lofting it down the right sideline to Aponte on 4th and 3

Reactions: bulldogmgc
7-6 St. Mary's five minutes into the game. Cathedral decided to go for two after a St. Mary's offsides, but failed on a run attempt.

Great start for Dunniway and Rams. The senior QB is 8-for-10 with two touchdowns as the Rams leads 14-6.

Lot of easy throws so far, but Dunniway looks comfortable and in a rhythm.

No word on attendance yet. First game looked sparse

St. Mary's has forced back to back punts from Cathedral, but missed a 28 yard field goal on its last possession. They lead 14-6 with 909 left in the first half

No word on attendance yet. First game looked sparse

St. Mary's has forced back to back punts from Cathedral, but missed a 28 yard field goal on its last possession. They lead 14-6 with 909 left in the first half
Hey Streak One, whose controlling the line play on both sides of the ball? Thanks.

CT4L

I think SMS is controlling the lines. Impressed with Rams' defense, but Cathedral just tied it up at 14 with 2 minutes left in the half.

SMS is really going to regret not getting some points being first and goal 2 times in the first half. That could come back and bite them. CC is very explosive.

Feels kind of similar to the VC-Madison game. Felt like VC should have been up more at halftime and I feel the same way about St. Mary's. Offense looked very good, but only the 14 points and defense was tough outside of a couple of plays.

Rams should lean on their lines to take them home

I hope so Streak. The Rams have been my #1 team all season and I would love to see them win it all. Lets go St Mary's... BTW, the safety for CC going to CAL is a stud.

St. Mary's back on top with Dunniway's third TD pass of the night. Good balance on that drive in picking up a 3rd and 7, 3rd and 9 and 4th and 11.

Rams have the ball back after forcing a Cathedral punt.

St. Mary's starting to pull away up 28-14 with less than a minute left in the first half after a 14 yard TD from Dusty Frampton.

Cathedral came in averaging 40 points per game

The refs are being incredibly tight with calls tonight...it would be interesting to see how they would handle DLS' O-Line.

On a side note it's a real shame DLS and SM are not playing this year much like the 2014 matchup we were robbed of between DLS and Folsom.

The refs are being incredibly tight with calls tonight...it would be interesting to see how they would handle DLS' O-Line.

On a side note it's a real shame DLS and SM are not playing this year much like the 2014 matchup we were robbed of between DLS and Folsom.

Agreed. If St. Mary's wins tonight, the historical debate begins.

Both games have been very tightly called today.

St. Mary's leads 28-21 with 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter

Play looked blown up at the line, but he sheds the first guy, waits for the block and then just takes off down the sideline to get Cathedral back to a 28-28 tie with 215 left in Q4.

St. Marys may need a kick coming up. Haved shied away from it since missing the short one earlier

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT