ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Match Ups?

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
Anyone hear about big games for next year? Sad to hear St. Mary’s didn’t want to renew with Pitt. But I did hear that Pitt and Serra renewed. Would be nice to see a De La Salle at Pittsburg game on ESPN to start the season. Hahaha

Liberty is set to play Del Oro so Walters gets a matchup against the program he rebuilt. Wonder if Liberty has Oakdale and Monte Vista again.

Also wondering if there’s any big SoCal against Norcal matchups.

Looking at NCS D1 and who has good returners coming back I think the top 5 for preseason would be this:

1. DLS
2. Pittsburg
3. Clayton
4. San Ramon
5. Liberty

SJS top 5 like this?

1. Oak Ridge
2. Folsom
3. Edison
4. Del Oro
5. Monterey Trail

Oak Ridge is pretty loaded. If they got a receiver and some athleticism in the secondary they would be dangerous.

Reactions: Paloma
Anyone hear about big games for next year? Sad to hear St. Mary’s didn’t want to renew with Pitt. But I did hear that Pitt and Serra renewed. Would be nice to see a De La Salle at Pittsburg game on ESPN to start the season. Hahaha

Liberty is set to play Del Oro so Walters gets a matchup against the program he rebuilt. Wonder if Liberty has Oakdale and Monte Vista again.

Also wondering if there’s any big SoCal against Norcal matchups.

Looking at NCS D1 and who has good returners coming back I think the top 5 for preseason would be this:

1. DLS
2. Pittsburg
3. Clayton
4. San Ramon
5. Liberty

SJS top 5 like this?

1. Oak Ridge
2. Folsom
3. Edison
4. Del Oro
5. Monterey Trail

Is CV back in D1 or will they defend that D5 state title?

I’m told DLS will start the year with either a Texas team or Elder of Ohio. And I’m not sure why but they will play Folsom I believe week 6.

Reactions: THEOC89
Interesting North Bay matchup to start the year will be St. Vincent vs. St. Bernard's.

I hear it’s a done deal. DLS will play North Shore TX. Also Folsom and Cathedral Catholic.

Compete with DLS (No) or compete in the SFL (Yes)?

Agree but I would argue that Oak Ridge comes in the SFL favorite considering who they return. (Unless a bunch of transfers occur in offseason which in this day and age could happen). Folsom still had a very good JV/Frosh team and a pipeline of good players. Still very relevant as a good Hs team. If Patu stays I would certainly think getting a receiver or 2 somewhere would be appealing.

Agree but I would argue that Oak Ridge comes in the SFL favorite considering who they return. (Unless a bunch of transfers occur in offseason which in this day and age could happen). Folsom still had a very good JV/Frosh team and a pipeline of good players. Still very relevant as a good Hs team. If Patu stays I would certainly think getting a receiver or 2 somewhere would be appealing.

I agree. They may not be the favorite in the SFL next season, but they’ll be competitive, and you just never know.

CVC shifts to D1 for football in 2020. San Ramon will drop to D2.

If this is the case I predict a coaching change for CVC. I doubt Murphy sticks around to take his lumps in D1 again so he steps aside. Adds state champion to his resume to sell videos, and looks for easier situation or playoff bracket. Just my 2 cents.

If Patu stays I would certainly think getting a receiver or 2 somewhere would be appealing.

Is Patu going to Leave Folsom?... He has Multiple Offers and Isn't he the Unquestioned Starter Next Year there?...

Agree, Oak Ridge should be the Favorite in the SFL Next Year....

Centennial taking on the beast of the East St Francis Academy as part of the Honor bowl

Huge game for CC, big props for a public to take this game. Only one question, how can Cali schools take on St Francis but not IMG?

Huge game for CC, big props for a public to take this game. Only one question, how can Cali schools take on St Francis but not IMG?

The Difference is SFA is still “Approved” by the “CIF” of Maryland for HSFB.... They are just an Independent school and can’t qualify for the playoffs and State Championship.... So CIF will allow CA teams to play them...

IMG is not “Approved” by the “CIF” of FL so they are not recognized athletically as a HS... And they are not allowed to Compete in the Playoffs.... So CIF uses that reason to disallow CA teams to play them...

Truthfully it’s really kind of splitting hairs.... I used “CIF” Because I don’t know the names of the governing bodies of those states for HSFB...

The Reality is ai think it’s CA Coaches that dont want IMG coming to CA and Taking players like they did to Cen10 a few years ago.... That is why TX won’t play them either....

SFA has not taken any CA kids, they are more focused on the East and southeast....

Reactions: 13 others
Probably because SF is affiliated with a league where IMG isn’t. They are a actual HS where IMG seems to not operate as such.

This is Correct!!... They play in the League with ST Johns College and those teams, just not in the playoffs.....

CVC moves up to D1, and Dougherty Valley takes their placement D2. Brilliant!
Somehow CN & MC stay down in D4?
I’m not sure how they’re going to be able to address the DLS issue.
Look at the second to last page of the document

Look at the second to last page of the document

I saw that, but still don’t know how they’re going to do it. 2 separate playoffs in D1, with teams seeded 2-7 in one 6 team bracket, and DLS facing teams seeded 8-12 in the other bracket?

I saw that, but still don’t know how they’re going to do it. 2 separate playoffs in D1, with teams seeded 2-7 in one 6 team bracket, and DLS facing teams seeded 8-12 in the other bracket?

They basically expanded the old 4 team open bracket to 8 teams now, and of course brought back the loser moves on abortion. That’s their brilliant fix to not being able to beat DLS.

I am hearing that Sutter and Campolindo will compete in a showcase game. A rematch from a few years ago in the Regionals

They basically expanded the old 4 team open bracket to 8 teams now, and of course brought back the loser moves on abortion. That’s their brilliant fix to not being able to beat DLS.

I thought CIF ruled there would be no loser moves on anymore. How did NCS make it so there is another D1 team that didn’t lose other than having 2 separate brackets? And it would make even less sense if the top 6 went to one bracket, and a 7th seed would move on in the other bracket?

How it was explained to me from an EBAL coach, is they will have an Open/D1 bracket. Very similar to the proposal from 2018, The loser of the Open final will drop back down to the D1 bracket and play the winner of the semi final game for the D1 championship.

For example

1 Vs 8
4 Vs 5

In open

2 Vs 7
3 Vs 6

In D1 bracket

loser to DLS in the final of top portion drops down and plays winner of bottom bracket.

How it was explained to me from an EBAL coach, is they will have an Open/D1 bracket. Very similar to the proposal from 2018, The loser of the Open final will drop back down to the D1 bracket and play the winner of the semi final game for the D1 championship.

For example

1 Vs 8
4 Vs 5

In open

2 Vs 7
3 Vs 6

In D1 bracket

loser to DLS in the final of top portion drops down and plays winner of bottom bracket.

Interesting. So the winner of the 2 vs 3 seeds never faces DLS and can come into NorCals without being a loser. So theoretically both DLS & Pitt could end up undefeated state champs if they don’t play in the preseason.

I am hearing that Sutter and Campolindo will compete in a showcase game. A rematch from a few years ago in the Regionals
Being affiliated with Campo football I cannot confirm it is true but it is possible that this matchup may be part of the Honour Bowl showcase

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT