ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Match Ups?

So if your the #2 seed your season will be over and if your 3-6 you get to play a NorCal game because you aren’t as good as the #2 seed?
Here’s how I read it. The Open bracket contains Seeds 1,2,7&8. The D1 Bracket contains 3-6. The loser in the Open Finals, most likely the #2 seed, drops down to D1 Finals to play most likely the #3 seed to represent the winner of D1 section.

Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415
Here’s how I read it. The Open bracket contains Seeds 1,2,7&8. The D1 Bracket contains 3-6. The loser in the Open Finals, most likely the #2 seed, drops down to D1 Finals to play most likely the #3 seed to represent the winner of D1 section.

That’s still loser moves on, but it makes a lot more sense than having the winner of 3-6 move on. I thought they were trying to devise a way to make it work without a loser being able to move on?

Reactions: pantera-cat

my god what a pathetic system
Just grandfather DLS into the Open and let the others play winner moves on

No. The team that loses in the Open championship game will drop down into the Division 1 championship game to play whoever comes out of that 4 team bracket. See page 26 of the link listed in northbayfb's post above.

my god what a pathetic system
Just grandfather DLS into the Open and let the others play winner moves on

Exactly!!!... Why even go through the motions of this Farce.... #8 seed is fed to the Lions and the #2 seed plays a Folsom rule “No Lose” game against DLS in the playoffs which is supposed to be win or go home....

What motivation does the #2 team in the NCS have to beat DLS?.... At least bring back the Open Regional.... As a DLS fan I want to see them play a great team with going to the open on the line.... Not these “No Lose” games...

No. The team that loses in the Open championship game will drop down into the Division 1 championship game to play whoever comes out of that 4 team bracket. See page 26 of the link listed in northbayfb's post above.

Ok, I did not see that extra bottom rung on the bottom bracket. I agree, just give DLS a free pass to the regional final, but put the next best NorCal rep there to face them.

https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.net/s/j/5vitlfmahxd0mv/SACmin2-24-20_-_complete.pdf

When will the adults in room step up and say enough is enough. Sports is about beating the best to be considered the best. NorCal continues to look for way to have teams avoid the best. Coaches, parents, programs, etc, need to grow up and except life isn’t fair and winning isn’t easy. Hard to respect leagues/teams/sections that avoid competition yet want to be called state champions. For crying out loud we now have a 5-5 team thinking they are state champs, to go along with teams that lost playoff games thinking they are champs, and Folsom’s avoiding anybody and everybody. It’s pathetic. I’m no Pitt fan by any means and have been very critical of the play calling, game plans etc, but they are more worthy of being viewed as a state champion than these other teams based on who they will schedule. They may not be ready for it but heck they at least try. These other programs might book 1 questionable game and 4 pushovers and league, it’s tiresome. Teams will now angle and schedule for that second bracket bank on it.

Last edited:
When will the adults in room step up and say enough is enough. Sports is about beating the best to be considered the best. NorCal continues to look for way to have teams avoid the best. Coaches, parents, programs, etc, need to grow up and except life isn’t fair and winning isn’t easy. Hard to respect leagues/teams/sections that avoid competition yet want to be called state champions. For crying out loud we now have a 5-5 team thinking they are state champs, to go along with teams that lost playoff games thinking they are champs, and Folsom’s avoiding anybody and everybody. It’s pathetic. I’m no Pitt fan by any means and have been very critical of the play calling, game plans etc, but they are more worthy of being viewed as a state champion than these other teams based on who they will schedule. They may not be ready for it but heck they at least try. These other programs might book 1 questionable game and 4 pushovers and league, it’s tiresome. Teams will now angle and schedule for that second bracket bank on it.
Yep, you can bank on that

Absolutely ridiculous, when are these sections going to finally get it? If we look at last year, DLS would have played Amador Valley (won 69-14) and Pitt (won 49-7) then get 3 weeks off to prepare for the State Open game. Are these sections making that much money to be blinded by a real state championship?

Reactions: THEOC89
They give a $hit about anything other than $$$$

I’ll assume you meant “they don’t give a $hit”

I’m sure DLS is a big draw attendance wise, which is another head scratcher only having them play 2 playoff games. The NCS has bent their playoffs so many ways it’s starting to get embarrassing.

Reactions: THEOC89 and mistark
Cal 14, I’m not as close to the program as I used to be. We moved over to the Danville Walnut Creek area. I heard that the Lancers will be headed that way. If I can get a solid confirmation on that I will let you know.

The good news is I’m 20 minutes from DLS and will be able to watch the SF DLS game at OO field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cal 14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT