ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan to Arizona

Unacceptable from Brennan, we all thought he was better than that. The amount of kids he has let down and outright lied to by doing this is shocking. Low character move, explains why he couldn't even get SJSU to the hump, let alone over it. Hopefully next hire for SJSU has integrity.

Very happy for Coach Brennan. Three bowl games in last four years is quite an accomplishment at SJSU. Big loss for that program. A loss for an area football squad as well. His son was heir apparent for Los Gatos QB job in ‘24.
Congrats to Coach Brennan! Did a great job at San Jose State and now gets to prove it at a higher level. Would be great to see Alonzo Carter get a shot leading the Spartans

Unacceptable from Brennan, we all thought he was better than that. The amount of kids he has let down and outright lied to by doing this is shocking. Low character move, explains why he couldn't even get SJSU to the hump, let alone over it. Hopefully next hire for SJSU has integrity.
He’s not allowed to get a new job?

He’s not allowed to get a new job?
He shouldn't be allowed to renege on a contract he had signed and bail on kids who he promised to mentor for four years. Shows a disgusting lack of character that is all too prevalent with coaches these days.

He shouldn't be allowed to renege on a contract he had signed and bail on kids who he promised to mentor for four years. Shows a disgusting lack of character that is all too prevalent with coaches these days.
Every kid and the parents know there is a chance the coach who recruited you won't be there. Especially at San Jose st.

The alternative is staying at SJSU forever. I’ve personally left jobs for better employment. Coaches should be able to do the same.

Reactions: MC415
The alternative is staying at SJSU forever. I’ve personally left jobs for better employment. Coaches should be able to do the same.
Wrong again. The alternative is honoring your contractual obligation, and staying until the contract you sign expires. If he didn't want to be at SJSU he shouldn't have signed that contract extension.......but he had no problem taking their money while perpetrating this fraud on all of the athletes entrusted to him.

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
Wrong again. The alternative is honoring your contractual obligation, and staying until the contract you sign expires. If he didn't want to be at SJSU he shouldn't have signed that contract extension.......but he had no problem taking their money while perpetrating this fraud on all of the athletes entrusted to him.
Is your son a recruit? I can’t imagine anyone being this upset, otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: bella123 and MC415
Is your son a recruit? I can’t imagine anyone being this upset, otherwise.
No. I'm a person who believes that it should be required to have integrity and honor when working with young people. Apparently you and Brennan don't believe in that.

He got paid to coach the kids while he was there and did a good job, that’s all he owes them….

When happens when a kid performs well and is able to transfer to a better school then SJSU for FB, is that kid in the wrong?….

SJSU is a Stepping stone program, any Coach that does well there will be moving on to a more high profile job for more $$…. The kids all know this, it is what it is….

He got paid to coach the kids while he was there and did a good job, that’s all he owes them….

When happens when a kid performs well and is able to transfer to a better school then SJSU for FB, is that kid in the wrong?….

SJSU is a Stepping stone program, any Coach that does well there will be moving on to a more high profile job for more $$…. The kids all know this, it is what it is….
Scholarships for players are one-year contracts. If the athlete fulfills the contract they can pursue a contract somewhere else for the next year after the process is cleared by the NCAA. It's the exact same standard. Brennan has a contract with SJSU. That contract has not expired. He has an obligation to the students of the school and to the university to perform the duties required by his contract, for the entirety of the contract. Anything less than that is fraud on his part.

• Angry
Reactions: coachlittle
Scholarships for players are one-year contracts. If the athlete fulfills the contract they can pursue a contract somewhere else for the next year after the process is cleared by the NCAA. It's the exact same standard. Brennan has a contract with SJSU. That contract has not expired. He has an obligation to the students of the school and to the university to perform the duties required by his contract, for the entirety of the contract. Anything less than that is fraud on his part.
You’re a straight weirdo, telling a man he can’t generate wealth to take care of his family and move his career upward in the most movement based career there is which is coaching…….i feel sorry for how dumb and ignorant u are, must hurt to function with such a low level of awareness…..but based on your handle on here shows your level of IQ so not surprised

Last edited:
You’re a straight weirdo, telling a man he can’t generate wealth to take care of his family and move his career upward in the most movement based career there is which is coaching…….i feel sorry for how dumb and ignorant u are, must hurt to function with such a low level of awareness…..but our your handle on here shows your level of IQ so not surprised
I can't imagine there wouldn't be a penalty for not fulfilling a contract.
In other words, if someone doesn't meet all the qualifications they were meant
too, there would be a penalty. Seems fair in this case.

Here's wishing you great football

Isn’t the Buyout the Penalty for not fulfilling a Coaches Contract?…. Don’t all College coaches contracts have buyout clauses so the School is compensated when a coach leaves?….

Reactions: Macallan
  • Haha
Reactions: sfc415

That’s what the buyout clause is for

I won't attempt to make a comparison to the business world and coaching football as a profession. With that said...

I've only paid attention to football coaching and contracts for the past 35 ish years, and in that time, it's always been the same. University and Coach X have a contract. In the contract, Clause A states if University fires Coach X, University still pays Coach X. And Clause B states if Coach X leaves, Coach X owes University (fill in the blank) amount of money as compensation for departing early. Contracts are set up this way because college coaching is a stepping stone business.

Every single year, there are multiple coaches that leave for better jobs. It is common practice over the past 35 ish years, at least, to my knowledge. In fact, said practice was an argument for the transfer portal.

If I know a flame is hot, stick my hand in the fire, and then get burned, I can't blame the fire.

Reactions: THEOC89
Lots of companies have non-competes clauses in their contracts (i.e. Google hires you, you cant leave for Microsoft for x amount of years)... Seems as though this is a simple fix to ensure a coach doesnt dump you for the hot girl that bats their eyelashes at you.

This has gone of for decades so just status quo. Players since NIL now move freely and frequently which is why I roll my eyes when a player posts on their social "COMMITTED" to x school.... You aint commiting. You signed up for 1 year and lets see after that.

Right on!! Preach!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT