ADVERTISEMENT

David Shaw resigns

No it’s not they have more 4 star talent and top 25 classes then almost anyone else in the P12…… Shaw got complacent and lazy which is they went from physical style to soft finesse team that stopped winning battles up front nothing to do with lack of player talent and recruiting……they are in a way better spot recruiting then Wazzu, Colorado, Oregon state, arizona, Cal not even close

Whoever signs up to be Stanford's next head coach is facing, arguably, the toughest challenge to keep the Cardinal even close to relevant in several generations.
No argument there. Not a doubt in my mind sac state beats them this year. My have the times changed.

No it’s not they have more 4 star talent and top 25 classes then almost anyone else in the P12…… Shaw got complacent and lazy which is they went from physical style to soft finesse team that stopped winning battles up front nothing to do with lack of player talent and recruiting……they are in a way better spot recruiting then Wazzu, Colorado, Oregon state, arizona, Cal not even close
Their “brand” is way better but the academic standards really are challenging. Those other schools don’t have to overcome that. Maybe you say we are going to be a Vanderbilt, Duke, etc type program.

Their “brand” is way better but the academic standards really are challenging. Those other schools don’t have to overcome that. Maybe you say we are going to be a Vanderbilt, Duke, etc type program.
The other schools I mentioned are bringing in very lightly recruited kids who have nowhere near the accolades in high school the kids Stanford brings in, the Furd bring in elite top 25 classes from all over the country they are a national brand, the other schools I mentioned have not even one sniff of the talent on paper talent as the kids Stanford brings in………hardly anyone on Oregon State roster would have a Stanford offer regardless of grades or not, it’s a coaching issue not a player issue….you don’t have 20+ 4 and 5 star players on your roster and say you’re losing because you don’t have the horses that’s not true

Jackson Harris just commited to Furd without a damn HC he’s talented af, he shunned legit schools who are winning with stable HC to play for a brand that doesn’t even have a coach, that’s not happening at Utah, OSU, Wazzu, etc

There's always been a national tendency to want to put Stanford football in a certain box. Pre-Harbaugh, end of Teevens, there were suggestions, experts clamoring on TV, for Stanford to go FCS/1-AA. And that was just a few years off the 2000 Rose Bowl. It'll depend on who they bring in, but if it's the right guy, they can compete nationally.

Reactions: bella123 and MC415
I could actually see Troy Taylor going to Stanford. He’s a NorCal guy through and through.

I could actually see Troy Taylor going to Stanford. He’s a NorCal guy through and through.
And a Cal guy. I’ve heard he loves it at Sac St. but Cal would be hard for him to turn down. Not sure if Stanford would hold the same allure.

Cal isn’t happening with 25 million left on JW contract they ain’t buying him out ever at that clip

And a Cal guy. I’ve heard he loves it at Sac St. but Cal would be hard for him to turn down. Not sure if Stanford would hold the same allure.
True!

I guess it depends on Taylor’s ambitions. He’s definitely put Sac State on the map. Outside of winning an FCS championship, I’m not sure what else he would have to conquer; at least from a coaching standpoint.

But I get it, coaching in your hometown (among family and friends) is nice!

Reactions: observer22
You know what, that's a very good call, IMO. Wonder if he's on Stanfords radar as a possible replacement
I’m not sure but a few publications that I read, mentioned him as a potential/noteworthy candidate.

Troy Taylor would be pretty interesting at Stanford. Sacramento State is talented, but he has shown he can scheme up his teams to perform better than their talents.

Chris Petersen would be outstanding, but don't see him leaving TV/consulting roles

Chris Petersen would be a great hire! But your right, he has a plush job right now.

Pac 12 may not be very attractive with USC gone…. It looks like the PAC 12 may be crumbling. The conferences biggest mistake was running off Pete Carroll…

Reactions: RidgeRider
Facts! That deal was horrible….

Also losing Carroll sank Pac-12 visibility… He was the biggest thing to happen to the Conference in a long time… He was the biggest name in college football….
Not to mention the downward spiral of my beloved Trojans. But looks like Lincoln Riley has them turned in the right direction

Not to mention the downward spiral of my beloved Trojans. But looks like Lincoln Riley has them turned in the right direction
Yeah things went downhill quickly. Lol The Trojans are rolling this year. They have a huge game against Utah brewing!

Last edited:
Colhenry is once again correct. Many people are not aware Stanford is not a transfer friendly school, ie: traditionally a 4-year student school. Reading the current rate of acceptance for transfers it is less than 2% of all that apply.

In the fall of 2021, there were 3,265 transfer applicants and 55 individuals were accepted. This means that the Stanford transfer acceptance rate is 1.7%.

Think of going JC for 2-years and then transferring to Stanford, better think again. Here are your better CA options: USC = 23.6%, UCLA = 24%, Cal = 27%, SJSU = 53%
They don’t need a bunch of transfers. What they need is to develop and keep the kids they recruit. It’s been a mass exodus for 4 years and when kids are leaving Stanford something is wrong with the football program

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT