ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle vs Folsom

Folsom has gotten to point where it's so competitive for spots, that they have more players leaving for other schools than usual. These are players that are generally pretty good and would start at other SFL schools and often do.

Officials miss quite a few calls in most HS games. The issue surfaces mainly when there are lots of errors in one game or when one especially notable miscall comes like this one. The unreviewable decisions of refs is part of the game - we all know that - but it is frustrating when it changes the outcome of game. It probably wouldn't have changed who won the game, but it did change the eventual outcome of a scoreless Folsom offensive effort.

That being said, I'm sure the official in question is embarrassed and he most likely will pay more attention in other situations like it in the future. Simply put - its part of the game and I don't fault this guy's overall performance. And I don't give any credence to some posters comments about a biased officiating crew.
I agree with you. Without replay, this is impossible. However, it is fairly obvious on tape, even at full speed. I don't buy into the bias officiating theory whatsoever.

My only gripe is how it changed the complexion of such an important game with major playoff implications. That's all.

All this moving around does lead to wierd results. I seriously wonder how many of the playmakers at Oak Ridge were Folsom players who decided to attend Oak Ridge because Folsom had such an influx of out of area players. Imagine it...you go to cheer for your team at the Oak Ridge-Folsom game....to some degree, and not totally, you are cheering for the Folsom kids to beat Folsom? Its just odd.
Two since 2009

Last edited:
To some degree you are right - and perhaps the ones stay in a little longer than needed. But, I think Folsom could have been a ground n pound team yesterday. They can put a lot of guys into a running game. And the line looks like a good group of run blockers. If they continue to experience problems with their passing attack, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more involvement by the skill player in running plays - particularly against defenses that can apply pressure with 3 or 4 defensive lineman.

Except most high school teams emphasize specific schemes. Frankly, it takes a smart (and not necessarily a 5* athlete) QB to revamp the basic attack on the fly. It CAN be done but it takes on field (FB) IQ, not just the sideline. How often does one hear, “...made good decisions.” In fact, that’s why D is so important. I’m guessing Hale’s throws, at least the completions, where all primary and only reads. The slant release (kind of a delayed Y pop) to the TE over the middle deLa has done for years. LBs bite on the triple, big gain (once) or TD (once.) Bennett is certainly athletic. But again, all first reads and why Wallace was able to jump those routes.

Officials miss quite a few calls in most HS games. The issue surfaces mainly when there are lots of errors in one game or when one especially notable miscall comes like this one. The unreviewable decisions of refs is part of the game - we all know that - but it is frustrating when it changes the outcome of game. It probably wouldn't have changed who won the game, but it did change the eventual outcome of a scoreless Folsom offensive effort.

That being said, I'm sure the official in question is embarrassed and he most likely will pay more attention in other situations like it in the future. Simply put - its part of the game and I don't fault this guy's overall performance. And I don't give any credence to some posters comments about a biased officiating crew.

Two things about this. First, anyone who has coached high school football knows that officiating has gotten worse over the years and seems to be in a steady-state of decline. It used to be that officials had to have years of experience before they called a varsity game. Now it is not uncommon to have a majority of first-year officials for a varsity game.

For the most part, coaches object to poor communication from officials - much more than missed or blown calls. When the coaches try to get information about a call, and the officials don't communicate, that is what sets coaches off. And when you see a coach losing his stuff on the sidelines, this is almost always the case. The lack of communication is very, very common for new officials.

Second, anyone who has coached for a while knows there seems to be no shortage of arrogant, non-communicative officials. If you calmly tell an official that they missed a call, and ask to watch for the infraction in the future, you are more likely to get 'that is not my call', or 'get back coach', than anything else. You know what you never get? "I saw the same thing and I am going to help the official who missed the call". Never. Even if the call was very apparent to everyone in the stadium expect the one guy who made the call - including the sideline official standing next to you. It often seems that officials protecting each other is MUCH more important than getting calls right.

I have seen a few cases of clear bias over the years, but in my experience human error is the usual culprit. Also in my experience, it it the disciplined teams (players and coaches) that benefit most from questionable calls.

But the point is that officiating is part of the game and we take the good with the bad. If you leave the game in the hands of the officials, they will screw you every time. Count on it.

In the DLS-Folsom game,I thought the crew was pretty typical for a high school game where they blew some obvious calls, but were pretty good for the most part. Aside from the missed downed ball at the 1 yard line, the glaring thing to me was the lack of calls for the repeated personal fouls against the DLS DL. They were 'hands to the throat' a LOT. They had one or two called personal fouls. But for a team that clearly seems to teach this technique, you would think this would be called more. But if they get away with it and get pressure on the passer, more power to them. And normally, you would expect the holding calls to be fairly balanced, but not so much in this game.

One other note from this game. Others have commented on the parking. The DLS 'stadium' is similar to something you would expect to see at a 1970's middle school. Nice field, but just about everything else is second rate. I really felt bad for the coaches trying to get in out of the press box. There is literally NO WAY to get to the press box other than to climb over the DLS parents that are completely blocking the entrance. There is no aisle to and from the entrance to the press box. The DLS people do not rope one off. They just let everyone climb over the fans. Completely ridiculous and second-rate. On the home side, the bleachers are between the sideline and the track. So they are small and low. Not a good view anywhere. Someone walking on the aisle impeded the view of the first few rows. On the away side, the bleachers are pushed behind the track. But those also are small and low. The only decent views were to be had in the temporary bleachers in the end zone. A team of DLS's caliber deserves better for their fans.

I was at the game and you could see NUMEROUS holds and hands to the throat by the Folsom OL. I think the refs easily could have called 6-8 holding calls, which probably would have meant that the Folsom OL would have to have changed their blocking schemes on the fly, resulting in even more than the 7 sacks the DLS D Line got.

I think that is the biggest difference in these two teams. The DLS D line, in an evenly called game, should just overwhelm the Folsom O line.

Except most high school teams emphasize specific schemes. Frankly, it takes a smart (and not necessarily a 5* athlete) QB to revamp the basic attack on the fly. It CAN be done but it takes on field (FB) IQ, not just the sideline. How often does one hear, “...made good decisions.” In fact, that’s why D is so important. I’m guessing Hale’s throws, at least the completions, where all primary and only reads. The slant release (kind of a delayed Y pop) to the TE over the middle deLa has done for years. LBs bite on the triple, big gain (once) or TD (once.) Bennett is certainly athletic. But again, all first reads and why Wallace was able to jump those routes.

Absolutely, Hale did a nice job of throwing it where it would be caught by his guy or be incomplete. He did not panic in a big game.

I saw both defensive and offensive lines that were fairly even across the board. I personally thought Folsom was more physical as evidenced by giving up less yards than DLS on D, and gaining more yards than DLS on O.

You could argue Folsoms lines played and were better. But 5 turnovers essentially determined the game. Can't argue against that.

Folsom beat themselves. Period.

Absolutely, Hale did a nice job of throwing it where it would be caught by his guy or be incomplete. He did not panic in a big game.
Except for the 4th down and long when DLS went for it. Hale throws into traffic. Almost picked. Tipped up and landed right in a DLS players hands who had fallen on the play.

Kid had some luck in his first start. He had some happy feet as well but he overcame. Kudos to him. No turnovers was huge.

Folsom more physical than DLS? What game were you watching? I admit Folsom is stronger than in the past years they played DLS, but to say more physical. They looked pretty strong, but some of that was because of the frequent holding and hands to the neck they exhibited to the DLS D line.

I am guessing you were not at the game, but saw highlights online.

For the first game of the year, DLS acquitted themselves well.They would have been much better had the teams played in 4-5 weeks and DLS's soph qb had some games under his belt.

Remember, Folsom came into this game with almost their entire offensive from last year returning. They were considered probably one of the greatest high school offenses of all time (that is what I was reading from posters), so this game was a huge win for DLS, and in no way did either of the Folsom lines outplay DLS's lines. Though I guess giving up 7 sacks to DLS is no big deal.

Except for the 4th down and long when DLS went for it. Hale throws into traffic. Almost picked. Tipped up and landed right in a DLS players hands who had fallen on the play.

Kid had some luck in his first start. He had some happy feet as well but he overcame. Kudos to him. No turnovers was huge.

Give DLS all the credit in the world for those turnovers. They caused a breakdown in clear thinking with their pressure and intimidation. That's the kind of defense everyone wants.

Give DLS all the credit in the world for those turnovers. They caused a breakdown in clear thinking with their pressure and intimidation. That's the kind of defense everyone wants.
They DEF get credit for all the turnovers. Well, except for the fumble that wasn't a fumble. But it is what it is.

I thought Folsom was more physical, based on what I saw, and the stats of the game. Usually the more physical team on the lines, shows up in the stat sheet. Folsom gained more yards on DLSs D. Folsom also gave up less yards on DLSs O. I think that shocked many people. Folsom impressed in the trenches.

The key to the game was obviously turnovers. I still wish we could have seen what would have happened if Ngata's play was called correctly. It was 0-0 at the time, and this likely would have made it 7-0. With the way Folsom's defense was playing, with momentum, I would bet money on the Bulldog horse. Instead, the call was incorrect, giving DLS defense a pass, and giving them a touchback, and the ball on the 20. They score on that very drive. Huge swing.

Either way- great game, and Go Bulldogs!

Reactions: awood1
I was at the game and you could see NUMEROUS holds and hands to the throat by the Folsom OL. I think the refs easily could have called 6-8 holding calls, which probably would have meant that the Folsom OL would have to have changed their blocking schemes on the fly, resulting in even more than the 7 sacks the DLS D Line got.

I think that is the biggest difference in these two teams. The DLS D line, in an evenly called game, should just overwhelm the Folsom O line.

Its not that hard to have a great pass rush when you have great personnel that get off fast and lead with hands to the throat. I've seen the video. It is constant. DLS must teach it as you can see all four guys on the DL do it.

Folsom got called for several holding calls. I would not dispute one of them. But there was no offensive holding with hands to the throat. That was not called once and I did not see any of it. That is just a dishonest misdirect. I did see one play where Tagaloa went hands to the throat and rocked the Folsom guard - who went backward and pulled Tagaloa down with him. The personal foul (hands to the throat) was not called, but the holding was. (Typical for high school officiating to see the second foul and miss the first).

But I guess that is what I would expect from a poster that does not understand the difference between a 'scheme' and a 'technique'.

Reactions: cashisking18
Feedback,,
Not the best stadium ive ever been in, but definitely not the worst. I agree you 100 percent about the issue with the press box. Im not sure where you were seated but it sounds like it was close to me if you noticed that issue. All night we were forced to stand up or move so coaches, press box staff, and cameramen could enter/exit the press box. It was so frustrating to the fans and the people using the press box. It was hot and they were stuck in the press box forced to go without water or brave navigating through the crowd. Sorry, excuse me, im so sorry but can i get through?, excuse me, sorry, sorry, etc, etc all night. Even though i felt bad for them it was frustrating the hell out of everyone who had to move a million times. Packed house so i understand the situation but an easy fix for them moving forward would be to tape off a walk way.

Two things about this. First, anyone who has coached high school football knows that officiating has gotten worse over the years and seems to be in a steady-state of decline. It used to be that officials had to have years of experience before they called a varsity game. Now it is not uncommon to have a majority of first-year officials for a varsity game.

For the most part, coaches object to poor communication from officials - much more than missed or blown calls. When the coaches try to get information about a call, and the officials don't communicate, that is what sets coaches off. And when you see a coach losing his stuff on the sidelines, this is almost always the case. The lack of communication is very, very common for new officials.

Second, anyone who has coached for a while knows there seems to be no shortage of arrogant, non-communicative officials. If you calmly tell an official that they missed a call, and ask to watch for the infraction in the future, you are more likely to get 'that is not my call', or 'get back coach', than anything else. You know what you never get? "I saw the same thing and I am going to help the official who missed the call". Never. Even if the call was very apparent to everyone in the stadium expect the one guy who made the call - including the sideline official standing next to you. It often seems that officials protecting each other is MUCH more important than getting calls right.

I have seen a few cases of clear bias over the years, but in my experience human error is the usual culprit. Also in my experience, it it the disciplined teams (players and coaches) that benefit most from questionable calls.

But the point is that officiating is part of the game and we take the good with the bad. If you leave the game in the hands of the officials, they will screw you every time. Count on it.

In the DLS-Folsom game,I thought the crew was pretty typical for a high school game where they blew some obvious calls, but were pretty good for the most part. Aside from the missed downed ball at the 1 yard line, the glaring thing to me was the lack of calls for the repeated personal fouls against the DLS DL. They were 'hands to the throat' a LOT. They had one or two called personal fouls. But for a team that clearly seems to teach this technique, you would think this would be called more. But if they get away with it and get pressure on the passer, more power to them. And normally, you would expect the holding calls to be fairly balanced, but not so much in this game.

One other note from this game. Others have commented on the parking. The DLS 'stadium' is similar to something you would expect to see at a 1970's middle school. Nice field, but just about everything else is second rate. I really felt bad for the coaches trying to get in out of the press box. There is literally NO WAY to get to the press box other than to climb over the DLS parents that are completely blocking the entrance. There is no aisle to and from the entrance to the press box. The DLS people do not rope one off. They just let everyone climb over the fans. Completely ridiculous and second-rate. On the home side, the bleachers are between the sideline and the track. So they are small and low. Not a good view anywhere. Someone walking on the aisle impeded the view of the first few rows. On the away side, the bleachers are pushed behind the track. But those also are small and low. The only decent views were to be had in the temporary bleachers in the end zone. A team of DLS's caliber deserves better for their fans.
FB1- mostly agree. RE: officiating- I will say my kin didn’t get last year’s HMB NorCal BJ spot as a newbie. Perhaps there are different rating systems in sections but he was rated (in his 2nd year) after every game and rated (usually by the white hat, and always checked against film) high enough to get the call. Plus, he’s got wheels :)

A game like this being non-league, even though prominent, probably had seniority dibs. I’ve seen hobbled old men who could barely move get Coliseum NCS baseball spots, only because they started about the same time as Abner Doubleday. Ridiculous.

Again, I was at the gane and no way Folsom was more physical. I think that is dreaming on the part of CashisKing 18.

As far as Sacchiefs comments on the stadium; if you are a Folsom fan, I assume you were on the Folsom side of the field, not by the press box. I was sitting close to the press box, as I normally do. No big deal standing up a lot to let people through. Pretty petty comments as far as I am concerned.

Again, I was at the gane and no way Folsom was more physical. I think that is dreaming on the part of CashisKing 18.

As far as Sacchiefs comments on the stadium; if you are a Folsom fan, I assume you were on the Folsom side of the field, not by the press box. I was sitting close to the press box, as I normally do. No big deal standing up a lot to let people through. Pretty petty comments as far as I am concerned.
I was sitting to the far right side of the DLS side, up high so I could see everything. Gotta sit high up there for the best vantage point.Dont understand why the DLS administration hasn’t done anything to address the seating situation.

FB1- mostly agree. RE: officiating- I will say my kin didn’t get last year’s HMB NorCal BJ spot as a newbie. ..........high enough to get the call. Plus, he’s got wheels :)

.......... seniority dibs. I’ve seen hobbled old men who could barely move ...... because they started about the same time as Abner Doubleday......

Does kin = 1315.1 or 1315.2?
2nd paragraph, that's funny, guess they passed the quarter test.

Feedback,,
Not the best stadium ive ever been in, but definitely not the worst. I agree you 100 percent about the issue with the press box. Im not sure where you were seated but it sounds like it was close to me if you noticed that issue. All night we were forced to stand up or move so coaches, press box staff, and cameramen could enter/exit the press box. It was so frustrating to the fans and the people using the press box. It was hot and they were stuck in the press box forced to go without water or brave navigating through the crowd. Sorry, excuse me, im so sorry but can i get through?, excuse me, sorry, sorry, etc, etc all night. Even though i felt bad for them it was frustrating the hell out of everyone who had to move a million times. Packed house so i understand the situation but an easy fix for them moving forward would be to tape off a walk way.
Must of been sitting right next to you was right where the coaches and camera crew had to exit, was very frustrating, feel bad for them as well, maybe stairs from track to back of pressbox would resolve issue.

Agree or disagree with your analysis....T-Ram your posts just blew past the definition of good. If there was a Prep sports writing category in the ESPYS these posts should be nominated.
I don't know what you do for a day job but you might think about giving it up for sports writing/analysis.....if the pay is good, of course.
In the meantime keep your laptop charged and your posts frequent. Thank you.

Ahhh. You made me blush :oops:

Thanks my friend, I really appreciate the kind words. I’m just passionate about HS football more than anything else. Just like everyone else here. And that’s what’s coming across, I think. Love that there are like-minded people here that I can go back and forth with and that are willing to read my novels.

Last edited:
I was there, top row and to the right of the press box where all the press traffic issues were. As always, I was rooting for DLS, but also wishing they could find a way to improve the crowd issues. I'm sure they could think of a way if they didn't mind giving up a few seats in one row... But they apparently think things are fine the way they are.

It would be nice if the stadium was bigger overall, but there just is no room anywhere. The campus, when originally planned up, was designed for a 500-student school and they now have over double that number. No place anywhere to make a bigger stadium unless the campus moves or they buy some property from partially adjacent YV high school... Probably neither of these will ever happen.

Anywayy.. The GAME! I thought the quality of play was super-high for a season opener overall. and also thought that Folsom was controlling the lines physically on both sides of the ball. Many, many times I thought that this was IT for the NorCal streak. On offense, DLS could barely manage to do any more than 3-and-out for nearly all of the first half, while Folsom threatened to score fairly often.

Even in the 2nd half, when the Spartans finally found a few things they could get done offensively, it was a huge struggle while Folsom's offense kept moving the ball fairly consistently. I stood there (yes, stood on the top row to get a better view), expecting the worst to happen for the Spartans... Somehow, through a little luck, apparently one bad call, and some timely big plays on D, the Spartans pulled it off.

On the way out of the stadium, I told a couple friends "If we could magically have these teams play ten times, Folsom would win eight!". Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the improvement curve and all that....

Feedback,,
I was sitting to the far right side of the DLS side, up high so I could see everything. Gotta sit high up there for the best vantage point.Dont understand why the DLS administration hasn’t done anything to address the seating situation.
Agree, the seating in the Stadium needs to be addressed. I also sit with a group on the right side of the press box in the top 2 rows approximately between the 35 and 30 yard line. Luckily, we're on the other side of the stairway. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the visitor bleachers should be raised 4ft to 6ft so the spectators can see over the players, coaches, and cheerleaders. The press box issue could be corrected by attaching a staircase running parallel to the rear of the press box which could be lowered at game time and raised to clear the track during school hours. Also as I stated in previous posts, DLS should install temporary bleachers just like they have in the east side end zone in the west side end zone for the football season. This would clean up the 5 to 10 deep standing crowd in that end zone and also open up some additional seating for the visiting team spectators. And yes I know not every game requires this increase in seating capacity. But with the west side bleachers in place it would then somewhat close up the football field and give the facility a more stadium like feel to it.

Just these 3 changes would alleviate most of the current issues regarding the press box and seating capacity for the Stadium. IMO.

and also thought that Folsom was controlling the lines physically on both sides of the ball.
I felt the same. I thought this was obvious in person and on the stat sheet.

Somehow, through a little luck, apparently one bad call, and some timely big plays on D, the Spartans pulled it off.
When you got a streak like that, luck tends to be in your side! The bad call was just brutal though.
On the way out of the stadium, I told a couple friends "If we could magically have these teams play ten times, Folsom would win eigh
I agree this year. Especially at Folsom or on a neutral field. Folsom was just the more physical team. Later in the year when the offense gets rollin, look out!

Anywho- great HS game. I had lots of fun.

Wow! So DLS on defense gets 7 sacks and many of you say that Folsom controlled the line of scrimmage. Boy, some of you need to take a course on watching football. I just don't get where you say Folsom controlled the line of scrimmage.

In the second half it was obvious that a few of the Folsom line on both sides of the ball that did not have the fitness look of the DLS linemen were a bit gassed.

And to the poster who said to friends that Folsom wins 8 out of 10 times. Crazy! Defense wins in sports and DLS defense a step or more above Folsom's.

Disagree. DLS lines were just as gassed in the 2nd half. They committed a bunch of hands to the face penalties. I saw a lot of hands on hips.

Folsom was more physical on both lines as evidenced in the game stats. End of story. DLS couldnt even move the ball on the ground at all. Folsom D line chewed em up. Same on offensemble. Folsom outgained DLS on O.

Folsom just turned the ball over. Minus that they could have won. I am proud that they more physical all around which no one predicted.

Feedback 1: DLS does not teach hands to the throat. Please, no more sour grapes from the Folsom fans.

What cannot be disputed is that DLS was called for numerous personal fouls for hands to the throat. I saw a bunch more that were not called. Coaches have a saying, 'you either teach it or you allow it.' When I see four DL coming off the ball and shooting hands to the throat, they are teaching it. Believe what you want. It is on video should you ever want to match reality to your opinion.

Disagree. DLS lines were just as gassed in the 2nd half. They committed a bunch of hands to the face penalties. I saw a lot of hands on hips.

Folsom was more physical on both lines as evidenced in the game stats. End of story. DLS couldnt even move the ball on the ground at all. Folsom D line chewed em up. Same on offensemble. Folsom outgained DLS on O.

Folsom just turned the ball over. Minus that they could have won. I am proud that they more physical all around which no one predicted.
Typical Folsom fans. Go back and look at your stats. Instead of looking at just the yards gained. Try looking at starting field position. DLS’s special teams was another part of the game DLS was better at. More physical? Not even close. Folsom was sacked 7 times. DLS gassed in the 2nd half? Both there scores were in the 2nd half because Folsom was done. If these two teams played every week of the season. Folsom might score 8-10 times and from week 5 on DLS would slap them with a running clock. Folsom was out played period. I really thought you were just playing your little game on here. But know I see you really are a &$@?!€}•¥.

What cannot be disputed is that DLS was called for numerous personal fouls for hands to the throat. I saw a bunch more that were not called. Coaches have a saying, 'you either teach it or you allow it.' When I see four DL coming off the ball and shooting hands to the throat, they are teaching it. Believe what you want. It is on video should you ever want to match reality to your opinion.
Believe me I totally understand it hurts so bad you can taste it. But this is such a bad look on Folsom. You need to manage the pain. Self medicate if you have to. But coming on here and accusing the DLS coaching staff of teaching there kids to cheat is beyond ridiculous. This has gone way beyond what I would have expected even out of a Folsom fan. It’s all a bunch of BS. You lost fair and square. Manage the pain and move on.

I don't know. To me, the quarterback looked like Austin Powers after Dr. Evil stole his mojo. :) Need to get Goldmember out on the field!

Last edited:
Reactions: WWHS44
Agree, the seating in the Stadium needs to be addressed. I also sit with a group on the right side of the press box in the top 2 rows approximately between the 35 and 30 yard line. Luckily, we're on the other side of the stairway. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the visitor bleachers should be raised 4ft to 6ft so the spectators can see over the players, coaches, and cheerleaders. The press box issue could be corrected by attaching a staircase running parallel to the rear of the press box which could be lowered at game time and raised to clear the track during school hours. Also as I stated in previous posts, DLS should install temporary bleachers just like they have in the east side end zone in the west side end zone for the football season. This would clean up the 5 to 10 deep standing crowd in that end zone and also open up some additional seating for the visiting team spectators. And yes I know not every game requires this increase in seating capacity. But with the west side bleachers in place it would then somewhat close up the football field and give the facility a more stadium like feel to it.

Just these 3 changes would alleviate most of the current issues regarding the press box and seating capacity for the Stadium. IMO.

At least there are some stairs on the home side. The visitor side just has 5 rows of bleachers with no stair/walkway, and no way to get up or down without stepping over/around people in the rows in front of them. Once you get seated, you are kind of hemmed in. A lot of people would never move while the game is going on, but many do and it’s very awkward. And if the people in front of you don’t move at halftime, you still have to navigate through them. Of course this particular situation is not limited to OO field, but while we were on the subject of seating issues, I thought I’d throw that in.

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
Typical Folsom fans. Go back and look at your stats. Instead of looking at just the yards gained. Try looking at starting field position. DLS’s special teams was another part of the game DLS was better at. More physical? Not even close. Folsom was sacked 7 times. DLS gassed in the 2nd half? Both there scores were in the 2nd half because Folsom was done. If these two teams played every week of the season. Folsom might score 8-10 times and from week 5 on DLS would slap them with a running clock. Folsom was out played period. I really thought you were just playing your little game on here. But know I see you really are a &$@?!€}•¥.
False.

Folsom D gave up less yards than DLS D
Folsom O gained more yards than DLS O

Folsom D line DOMINATED the line. DLS couldn't run. Main plays were on passes.

Folsom was more physical on BOTH sides of the line. I felt Folsom had better athletes, which is probably pretty obvious.

Sure, field position played a part. But the biggest part was turnover. 5 turnovers was the game. And a few botched calls.

Either way it was a close, great game, that helped our program.

You can beat a team but not win the game. That's what happened.

False.

Folsom D gave up less yards than DLS D
Folsom O gained more yards than DLS O

Folsom D line DOMINATED the line. DLS couldn't run. Main plays were on passes.

Folsom was more physical on BOTH sides of the line. I felt Folsom had better athletes, which is probably pretty obvious.

Sure, field position played a part. But the biggest part was turnover. 5 turnovers was the game. And a few botched calls.

Either way it was a close, great game, that helped our program.

You can beat a team but not win the game. That's what happened.
But your not helping Your program. You are the absolute definition of the word “troll”. In the end your “ better athletes” could not score. Even if they would have got the call right he still was not in the end zone. And DLS would have still owned them on the goal line. Look at starting field position it had everything to do with it. Folsom’s special teams was a joke with Ngata as your punter. Folsom earned some respect. They came to play. But in the end the cream rose to the top and the better team won.

DLS 14-0 book it

But your not helping Your program. You are the absolute definition of the word “troll”. In the end your “ better athletes” could not score. Even if they would have got the call right he still was not in the end zone. And DLS would have still owned them on the goal line. Look at starting field position it had everything to do with it. Folsom’s special teams was a joke with Ngata as your punter. Folsom earned some respect. They came to play. But in the end the cream rose to the top and the better team won.

DLS 14-0 book it
Fake news. If you looked solely at stats youd think Folsom won. You can beat a team and still not win. That is what happened.

Ngata is a great athlete. He punts. Your players go both ways, many of them. Many of ours do not. Means zero.

A botched few calls and things could have gone very different. DLS fans would be lying if they said they didn't feel fortunate walking out of there with a win. DLS didnt own any goal line. Folsom put up more yards on DLSs D than vice versa. 4 shots on the 1 yard line and we score. Different ball game.

This is my opinion. Based on facts. No need to troll or be offended. I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me. But again- this is based on facts and not emotions or anything else.

Time to move on. Lots of season left.

Book it.

Last edited:
Fake news. If you looked solely at stats youd think Folsom won. You can beat a team and still not win. That is what happened.

Ngata is a great athlete. He punts. Your players go both ways, many of them. Many of ours do not. Means zero.

A botched few calls and things could have gone very different. DLS fans would be lying if they said they didn't feel fortunate walking out of there with a win. DLS didnt own any goal line. Folsom put up more yards on DLSs D than vice versa. 4 shots on the 1 yard line and we score. Different ball game.

Book it.
You are the biggest troll. Everybody including Folsom own coach saw it differently. But your right everyone else is wrong. You can say should of, could of, would of, all you want. I much rather have 50yds and 14 points then 1000yds and 0 points any day of the week. I’m sorry but the stats tell me DLS destroyed Folsom. All the sacks, turnovers, and field position. You are an absolute IDIOT if you really believe a word that you have written. DLS’s real test is still to come.

You have to remember that Cashiking18 aka G61 has been a troll for many years, and we all know that his knowledge of hs football is zero. He (or she, since we don't know for sure whether it is a man or a woman who trolls under that handle), continues to post garbage.

Reactions: WWHS44
You can troll me all you want. It doesn't change the facts.

1. Folsom outgained DLS in yards
2. Folsom gave up less yards
3. Folsom was more physical on the lines
4. A few calls changed the game
5. Folsom turned it over 5 times
6. DLS won the game 14-0

DLS fans get so offended over nothing. They won the game but didnt win every aspect of the game. Not even close. They lost the majority of categories. But who cares. Can't change scores. Dont be so sensitive. Lol.

Onto Jesuit! Book it!

Next!

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT