ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Mater Dei Open Div Champion Prediction

Take away the transfers MD gets beat by 21.

Lol - didn't MD beat DLS last year to ?

Im sorry your trying to make excuses why your team lost. You should be proud of the season DLS had - they still had a great season. And your kids played hard tonight

Enjoy your season - you guys still got a NSC(section champs) trophy - that is a great accomplishment - doesn't DLS win that one every year ?

Reactions: Truthhertz
I see Cybil has taken over this thread with multiple personality disorder in hand to tear down DLS and prop up her fragile ego...ala truthhertz and irishblessings

I see Cybil has taken over this thread with multiple personality disorder in hand to tear down DLS and prop up her fragile ego...ala truthhertz and irishblessings

Lol. I’m not everybody’s favorite Folsom fan that is funny however. And I’m far from a person who tears down DLS I have nothing but respect for that program. I do have a serious lack of respect for most NorCal fans here with their constant complaining about DLS, recruiting, etc, have stated many times it pathetic.

DLS was out coached. Poor game Mgmt using up all your timeouts so early in the second half - 2 of the timeouts called while on defense ?

MD was better prepared.

I've said time and time again that as similar as De La Salle appears to be with Justin Alumbaugh at the helm, they arent the same team they were under Bob Ladouceur. Say what you want but Bob wasnt as sloppy and was a better play caller.

For all of you who dont know your asses from a hole in the ground when it comes to play calling consider this one play a few years back:

De La Salle in Texas against Trinity. Sparty is up 14-6 with seconds to go before half and in Trinity territory. Rather than run a couple of conservative run plays or even throw the ball before half Alumbaugh calls a double reverse with is subsequently fumbled, scooped and returned for a touchdown by Trinity. DLS loses that game by 5. Forget playing for 3, if DLS knees the ball and goes to halftime right then and there they beat Trinity.

Maybe - but the DLS offense is very archaic - they like to run that veer and it is not a passing QB's type of offense

Hale would be better served at a HS that has a more creative / pass / run offense that is more 50 / 50

Not sure why a stud qb who can wing it would even want to go to DLS

Oh, like where? Mater Dei? Young graduates next year, might as well start the recruitment process now.

Takes a great coach and staff to mold so many new players. MD team showed great team chemistry tonight and they are very young.

DLS has players from all over the Tri Valley and East Bay - they are a Bay Area all star team -

Not sure what your argument is - DLS is no different than MD - just that MD is a better coached team.

I got the argument for you right here....

Yes, De La Salle recruits. They recruit 8th graders to come join their program and play football for them 4 years. Traditionally, if you're not at De La Salle by the time you're entering your junior year you dont play football for them. Yes, Jack Fulp transferred into the school this season and made the team as a senior. Name me one other superstar transfer that ended up at De La Salle. Say To'oto'o if you want but reality is he transferred as an incoming Sophomore who had no national recognition before his arrival.

Mater Dei doesnt give a **** when you arrive on campus. If you can help them win they have no issue admitting you.

Case and point, if De La Salle were recruiting the way Mater Dei is, Najee Harris would have ended up at DLS 4 years ago. Jacob Bandes, Jay Butterfield, Sione Vaki, Daniel Heimuli, Troy Franklin and Joshua Pakola would have all been lured to DLS this past season. I dont give a **** how prehistoric their offense is. If you put that kind of talent in front of Mater Dei tonight, DLS wins.

My other argument is that a lot of these kids grow up playing competitive 7 on 7 together while being coached by the same guys who are recruiting them. It's not that hard to get them to perform, specially when they're already talented.

Really? You’re going to assume the coach new that happened? Get real. The freaking refs who were on the field had no clue it happened or player probably gets ejected. As for you pathetic excuse about transfers that gets old.

Refs always catch the reaction. Never the first guy.

Watch the reply in real time. It did not appear as if Harper did a thing. All you see is Wilson shove him in the back, express to his coaches what had happened, followed by an ass chewing. The refs never talked to Wilson.

Yet both Wilson and Harper drew (off setting) personal fouls.

If the refs didnt know what happened, what exactly did they call a foul on Harper for?

Any coach will ask what the foul is for. Do you suppose the white cap went back to Rollinson with a bullshit answer such as "it takes two to tango"?

No.

He told Rollinson that his guy spit in the face of his opponent.

Rollinson knew.

He did nothing.

But the old **** hasn't been able to win shit outside of his cave up until last year. Now wasnt the time for life lessons. Not with a National Championship on the line anyways. Not against the team who's tormented him for the past 20 years.

DLS was within 7 points of the #1 team in the Nation well into the 4th Q and only lost by 14. Some people really need to gain some perspective. They didn't play their best but still represented very well.

The thing that has me shaking my head are the unforced fumbles via poor snaps. That NEVER seems to happen when they play a NorCal team. Folsom sure wishes they gave the ball away like that. But it never happens. But when they face an OOS opponent or MD/SJB only then do snaps suddenly become an issue. Unreal.

DLS was within 7 points of the #1 team in the Nation well into the 4th Q and only lost by 14. Some people really need to gain some perspective. They didn't play their best but still represented very well.

The thing that has me shaking my head are the unforced fumbles via poor snaps. That NEVER seems to happen when they play a NorCal team. Folsom sure wishes they gave the ball away like that. But it never happens. But when they face an OOS opponent or MD/SJB only then do snaps suddenly become an issue. Unreal.

Because they are facing much better DL that gets a push into the backfield which disrupts the timing of the veer which causes kids to try and speed up.The one fumble though was a new center when the kid got hurt

Because they are facing much better DL that gets a push into the backfield which disrupts the timing of the veer which causes kids to try and speed up.The one fumble though was a new center when the kid got hurt
I totally agree. MD forced those mistakes as much or more then dls made them. That #75 for MD was a beast. I don’t remember him last year.

Reactions: SpartanzRule

TR- That is exactly my take on the game as well. They had too many mistakes to knock off the MD dynasty but played them very close into the 4th. I wouldn't knock DLS for that effort. Its frustrating though to see all the fumbles and sloppiness when they get to the open game. Hats off for a great season. They had there chances.

Oh, is #5 (Mccoy) the most electrifying player you've seen? Holy cow.. That isn't fair to have a kid like that.

Reactions: aztecpadre
It can’t be proven. If MD stops taking transfers they don’t even sniff the second round of the playoffs.

If DLS stops recruiting from all over the Tri Valley and East Bay and Contra Costs County then they don't even win NCS and make it to the champ game.

If there was just one just one other Div 1 private school who played Div 1 football within 20 miles of DLS - they wouldn't even sniff A NCS champ.

Their talent would be cut in half. Just like it is every where else in the Bay Area / San Jose.

For example in San Jose alone - San Jose has Mitty, Bellermine, Valley Christian (SJ), Saint Frances etc all competing for private school football players

DLS is all by themselves w no other private school within at least 20'miles or more that plays high div HS football.

They have a geographic monopoly on the region to recruit kids who want to play HS football at a private school

Never seen a HS football program w such a advantage over other High Schools.

It's comical DLS is complaint
about MD.

Mater Dei was the better team out there. The had more talent, better composure and most importantly, more points. Recruiting, transfers, special players, etc... doesn't matter. This was the State Championship that determines the best team. That team was Mater Dei

Another note. According to Calpreps, Mater Dei played and beat 3/4 (other) teams in the top 5. And have 5 wins against top 25 teams. We rarely, if ever, see that kind of scheduling at the NCAA level. Let alone HS. Incredible

Last edited:
IrishBlessings: it is obvious you have NO IDEA of what you are talking about. The issue has always been that private schools are able to attract athletes form around their school. DLS does not go too far out of the Concord area for players. plus, as well documented, they don't bring in transfers like MD or SJB.

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU CAN JUST GO AWAY!!

IrishBlessings: it is obvious you have NO IDEA of what you are talking about. The issue has always been that private schools are able to attract athletes form around their school. DLS does not go too far out of the Concord area for players. plus, as well documented, they don't bring in transfers like MD or SJB.

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU CAN JUST GO AWAY!!

Comical - DLS gets players from the following
Cities / towns

Danville
Pleasanton. ( your qb one year was from Ptown)
Livermore
Tracey
Concord
Martinez
Antioch
Brentwood
Walnut Creek
San Ramon
Pittsburg
Pleasant Hill

I'd say that is a tad more areas than just from the Concord area.

You want me to go away because it's reality that DLS has a geographic monopoly for kids who want to play high level HS football at a private school

DLS kids play hard and they played hard last night - I credit the coaching staff for that.

The offensive scheme IMO is archaic and their game managment was not good last night

Otherwise it was a great effort by the DLS players and that credit goes to the coaches

Reactions: thespecialone
If the refs didnt know what happened, what exactly did they call a foul on Harper for?

Any coach will ask what the foul is for. Do you suppose the white cap went back to Rollinson with a bullshit answer such as "it takes two to tango"?

No.

He told Rollinson that his guy spit in the face of his opponent.

You people are funny. Could the ref possibly have not known that the guy spit but heard words/trash talk and that’s what’s reported? Could is be possible that like on many plays in football there are offsetting personal fouls?

It can’t be proven. If MD stops taking transfers they don’t even sniff the second round of the playoffs.

And if DLS played in the southern section neither would they. I mean what’s your point here other than you’re a sore loser with a huge inferiority complex about NorCal football.

News Flash the Socal has more people therefore they have more talent.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
Y’all realize that md plays in a league full of transfers right? If you play in a league where every team is filled with transfers and you get put in a play off bracket together you almost have to get transfers in that league look at poly they can’t even compete anymore to private’s played for a state title what’s the problem? The schools down south do it to stay relevant nationally not to win a state title which is why people get on folsom about having 5 kids from Nevada if you gonna play like that then schedule up

If DLS stops recruiting from all over the Tri Valley and East Bay and Contra Costs County then they don't even win NCS and make it to the champ game.

If there was just one just one other Div 1 private school who played Div 1 football within 20 miles of DLS - they wouldn't even sniff A NCS champ.

Their talent would be cut in half. Just like it is every where else in the Bay Area / San Jose.

For example in San Jose alone - San Jose has Mitty, Bellermine, Valley Christian (SJ), Saint Frances etc all competing for private school football players

DLS is all by themselves w no other private school within at least 20'miles or more that plays high div HS football.

They have a geographic monopoly on the region to recruit kids who want to play HS football at a private school

about MD.

Comical - DLS gets players from the following
Cities / towns

Danville
Pleasanton. ( your qb one year was from Ptown)
Livermore
Tracey
Concord
Martinez
Antioch
Brentwood
Walnut Creek
San Ramon
Pittsburg
Pleasant Hill

I'd say that is a tad more areas than just from the Concord area.

You want me to go away because it's reality that DLS has a geographic monopoly for kids who want to play high level HS football at a private school

DLS kids play hard and they played hard last night - I credit the coaching staff for that.

The offensive scheme IMO is archaic and their game managment was not good last night

Otherwise it was a great effort by the DLS players and that credit goes to the coaches

You do understand that there is another school about 5 miles down the road that has access to, and actively goes after players as well right? And they are free to attend. They are proof positive it’s not who you have it’s what you do with what you have that matters. (Coaching)

Reactions: townbiz24
I feel like we are in the era of "FEEL GOOD" state champions for the open. Hey, we didn't get our ass kicked. MD & Bosco are both 2-3 TD's better than DLS. I'm not sure in 5 games that DLS would win one. (Neither would folsom). This isn't any knock on DLS. You just need to appreciate the quality of football and talent ton on other side. Sure they have transfers and kids like "JEFFERSON" from Fast Times at Ridgemont HS. It is what it is. DLS attracts kids from a lot of areas as well. Its not like DLS isn't in a diverse and population rich area. Go find some kids in Antioch, Pitt, Baypoint if you want to compete

You do understand that there is another school about 5 miles down the road that has access to, and actively goes after players as well right? And they are free to attend. They are proof positive it’s not who you have it’s what you do with what you have that matters. (Coaching)

What level football does that school play ? What level sports are all their other programs ? Do they even field high level sports in the other programs ?

Comparing a small private school who doesn't even try to compete or field high level sports teams in football or any other sports programs is apples and oranges

Sorry - DLS has a geographic monopoly like no other private school

about MD.
One thing I’m not is a dls guy. I don’t have a problem with what MD is doing. But the least you can do is own it. I mean it is what it is. But to come on here and say dls got out coached is a complete joke. MD does not have coaches they have coordinators. Someone else coached those kids to basically get drafted (transfer) to the big time. Have you went on Twitter and seen what Rollo’s own alumni is saying. They are calling these kids from IE names I don’t care to share. But then you have a kid spit in someone’s face and proves them right. DLS gets there kids as freshman and once in a while a sophomore. Yes they are a commuter school just like MD. You can not transfer into dls as a senior just to play football.

I feel like we are in the era of "FEEL GOOD" state champions for the open. Hey, we didn't get our ass kicked. MD & Bosco are both 2-3 TD's better than DLS. I'm not sure in 5 games that DLS would win one. (Neither would folsom). This isn't any knock on DLS. You just need to appreciate the quality of football and talent ton the other side. Sure they have transfers and kids like "JEFFERSON" from Fast Times at Ridgemont HS. It is what it is. DLS attracts kids from a lot of areas as well. Its not like DLS isn't in a diverse and population rich area. Go find some kids in Antioch, Pitt, Baypoint if you want to compete

I agree, except the “feel good” era thing. I think DLS and most any program can compete and win these games but not with the hey it’s great to be here attitude. That attitude in part is what has lead to DLS continued dominance in NorCal.

Big difference I don’t say that when DLS wins. Of course talent is a component in team sports, but it doesn’t trump hard work discipline, pride, etc......all of which both programs have. Posters here are to quick to dismiss everything for the tired excuse of they recruited, they have better players, blah blah blah.......losing games is part of life it doesn’t make you a loser, making excuses for why you or your team did lose does.

Ok fine but I didn't day any of that.

Fwiw I'd much rather see MD win than a SJB.

I just like good football, and facts

What level football does that school play ? What level sports are all their other programs ? Do they even field high level sports in the other programs ?

Comparing a small private school who doesn't even try to compete or field high level sports teams in football or any other sports programs is apples and oranges

Sorry - DLS has a geographic monopoly like no other private school

Yep they have been in the open bowl tournament every year it’s been played and compete at D1 level now. Again it’s not who you have its what you do with who you have. We see this at every level of sports. (Coaching)

One thing I’m not is a dls guy. I don’t have a problem with what MD is doing. But the least you can do is own it. I mean it is what it is. But to come on here and say dls got out coached is a complete joke. MD does not have coaches they have coordinators. Someone else coached those kids to basically get drafted (transfer) to the big time. Have you went on Twitter and seen what Rollo’s own alumni is saying. They are calling these kids from IE names I don’t care to share. But then you have a kid spit in someone’s face and proves them right. DLS gets there kids as freshman and once in a while a sophomore. Yes they are a commuter school just like MD. You can not transfer into dls as a senior just to play football.

Coordinators not Coaches? Care to explain the difference here? And I wouldn’t take everything I read on twitter as fact, it might lead to you looking foolish when you decide to repeat it. Just a piece of advice do with it what you will.

Yep they have been in the open bowl tournament every year it’s been played and compete at D1 level now. Again it’s not who you have its what you do with who you have. We see this at every level of sports. (Coaching)

Exactly - they have the athletes to compete at that level -

You could take 10 other good HS coaches from the Bay Area and place them at DLS - they would do the exact same thing

You need the horses to compete at that level

I've said time and time again that as similar as De La Salle appears to be with Justin Alumbaugh at the helm, they arent the same team they were under Bob Ladouceur. Say what you want but Bob wasnt as sloppy and was a better play caller.

But the old **** hasn't been able to win shit outside of his cave up until last year. Now wasnt the time for life lessons. Not with a National Championship on the line anyways. Not against the team who's tormented him for the past 20 years.

Eh? What 20 years of torment? Did MD even play DLS in the last 15 years before last year?

Exactly - they have the athletes to compete at that level -

You could take 10 other good HS coaches from the Bay Area and place them at DLS - they would do the exact same thing

You need the horses to compete at that level

They have the athlete yes but do they compete? Not really. They haven’t won a playoff since moving to D1. They are selected to be in the open bracket more because there is a serious lack of quality programs and they are always a league champ. (They play in a pathetic league) And no you can’t just take any coaching staff and place them at DLS and get same results. If all it took was athletes Pitt would be unstoppable year after year.

Agree with this and DLS just can’t turn the ball over against these new super teams from SoCal and or OOS. They use to beat SoCal powers that had much more talent than them but these new teams with 30-40 D1 players is just to much to overcome when turning the ball over. It’s not an excuse, it’s just a whole new monster. DLS overwhelms NorCal teams and can get away with those mistakes.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Please IrishBlessing or G61, stop with your nonsense. MD brings in players after their freshmen, sophomore, or junior years as transfers. DLS does not. MD is able to see who has grown and developed at the other area schools and then transfer them in. Someone above said MD #75 was a beast and didn't remember him from last year. Can you spell transfer?

I totally agree. MD forced those mistakes as much or more then dls made them. That #75 for MD was a beast. I don’t remember him last year.

Just like DLS did to Folsom. When a team isn’t used to the speed or physicality, stuff happens.

Reactions: THEOC89
Once again (it's the same tired song), Folsom is No.1 in NorCal with one minor problem: They cannot defeat DLS on the field. Other than that, Folsom is No.1. And, by the way, Folsom doesn't play Mater Dei (or even Bosco) for a bowl crown. So stop with the ridiculous speculation based purely on fan emotion.

Last edited:

Because he played somewhere up north last year

Once again (it's the same tired song), Folsom is No.1 in NorCal with one minor problem: They cannot defeat DLS on the field. Other than that, Folsom is No.1. And, by the way, Folsom didn't play Mater Dei (or even Bosco) for a bowl crown. So stop with the ridiculous speculation based purely on fan emotion.

Nothing more than this to say about this topic. Let him talk to himself.

Please IrishBlessing or G61, stop with your nonsense. MD brings in players after their freshmen, sophomore, or junior years as transfers. DLS does not. MD is able to see who has grown and developed at the other area schools and then transfer them in. Someone above said MD #75 was a beast and didn't remember him from last year. Can you spell transfer?

More bad disguises than an Inspector Clouseau/Pink Panther highlights reel.

Last edited:
The Commish33: Stop with the "Folsom is now a better team than DLS". The DLS schedule was more difficult than Folsom's, and no more talk about a great defense at Folsom. My goodness; they gave up 46 points to Central Fresno; can you imagine how many MD would have scored on Folsom.

Folsom will win their Div1A State Bowl Game and will finish as the second best team in Nor Cal. That is a great year for any team. As for DLS, they were within 7 points with 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter against the #1 team in the country. That speaks for itself.

Rollinson and his staff are nothing special. Mater Dei was an underachieving private until Mater Dei sued the CIF and the CIF caved in and allowed transfers without penalty. He wasn't a "great coach" until he had double digit 3*-5* recruits to plug in on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT