ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Mater Dei Open Div Champion Prediction

Could this be a big reason they've been undefeated in NorCal for so long.
Takes a great coach and staff to mold so many new players. MD team showed great team chemistry tonight and they are very young.

DLS has players from all over the Tri Valley and East Bay - they are a Bay Area all star team -

Not sure what your argument is - DLS is no different than MD - just that MD is a better coached team.

Rollinson and his staff are nothing special. Mater Dei was an underachieving private until Mater Dei sued the CIF and the CIF caved in and allowed transfers without penalty. He wasn't a "great coach" until he had double digit 3*-5* recruits to plug in on both sides of the ball.

Mind you this was written in 2015 before you people started crying about transfers. Seems they accomplished quite a bit none the less

http://www.materdei.org/football/html/coaches/bios/rollinson.html

Comical - DLS gets players from the following
Cities / towns

Danville
Pleasanton. ( your qb one year was from Ptown)
Livermore
Tracey
Concord
Martinez
Antioch
Brentwood
Walnut Creek
San Ramon
Pittsburg
Pleasant Hill

I'd say that is a tad more areas than just from the Concord area.

You want me to go away because it's reality that DLS has a geographic monopoly for kids who want to play high level HS football at a private school

Actually most of those cities are in the “Concord area”. They’ve also been known to attract star players from Marin, Fairfield, Benicia, Richmond, Oakland and the likes. That’s been well documented and I don’t think any DLS people are going to dispute that.

At some point in the late 80s, DLS went from being a school with a good football program that Lad built with local catholic kids, to a NorCal and then National powerhouse that attracts football players and families of all faiths from many areas that want to play for a winner. MD (and other schools) kids transferring in to earn rings their senior years are upping the stakes.

It remains to be seen if DLS will resort to seeking transfers if they still want to be a national power and the top CA team, or continue to do what they do and remain the Kings of NorCal. We’ve already seen some NorCal transfers to the South. The HS football and sports landscape is changing.

DLS had been getting by before this game playing subpar teams (minus Folsom) and boasting about it. They were lucky to beat Folsom and Buchanan. Buchanan got blasted by a team Folsom hung 84 points on. Let that sink in.

When DLS was finally faced with athletes like Folsom has, they were burned (MD didn't shoot themselves in the foot like Folsom did, or have 2 huge calls overturn TDs), and couldn't defend.

This years DLS team was good, but overrated. You guys can cry baby all you want about a 14-0 game that could have and should have gone the other way, but doesn't change the fact that at this point, Folsom is a better team.

Folsom is also likely to hijack DLS in the rankings. As it should be.

NorCal #1
LMAO

That’s like saying dls is better then sjb because they scored 21 and Bosco scored 13. Please stop your embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
No he did not. He transferred to dls for academic reasons. He never saw the field last night.

I didn’t say he played last night, but that he’s part of the NCS Open championship team, which he wouldn’t have had at NG. I really don’t know his or his family’s motivation, but academic reasons for 1 year? Is DLS that much more advanced than Northgate? Did he take a class not offered at NG that’s going to get him into some prestigious college where he wouldn’t have otherwise gone? They probably should have considered that sooner.

I wish the kid well, and hope he’s happy with his choices, but he did manage to transfer in for his senior year and make the football team.

Reactions: Truthhertz
I didn’t say he played last night, but that he’s part of the NCS Open championship team, which he wouldn’t have had at NG. I really don’t know his or his family’s motivation, but academic reasons for 1 year? Is DLS that much more advanced than Northgate? Did he take a class not offered at NG that’s going to get him into some prestigious college where he wouldn’t have otherwise gone? They probably should have considered that sooner.

I wish the kid well, and hope he’s happy with his choices, but he did manage to transfer in for his senior year and make the football team.

It should also be noted that Northgate has pretty darn gone good academics not sure DLS is any better.

Reactions: remc
Just flipped the DVR.
At around 11:00 Q1, the side mic picked up Alumbaugh, “That’s a false start. They’ve been doing that the whole time!” LOL. Then the truck guys repeated it with the camera shot. That’s all I needed to see to know the outcome. Most kids follow the HC; he was pressing, that early.

Funny clip: the sideline “reporter” pregame saying “Coach uh-LUM-buh.” Do your homework!

That’s all I needed to see to know the outcome. Most kids follow the HC; he was pressing, that early.

Bingo, yes they seemed frantic or pressing from the beginning. Where as MD seemed very nonchalant about the whole thing.

One other takeaway: deLa QB was wearing the $1500 Vicis helmet. Were others?

MD and DLS supporters alike, thanks for posting and offering your opinions and predictions on Saturdays CIF Open Division Championship game between No 1 Mater Dei and No 6/8 De La Salle. Final score: MD 35, DLS 21. The 14 point spread panned out like most professional sports writers predicted. But, you do have to admit that DLS made it interesting right until six mins before ens of the game when the score was 28-14, then DLS scored to make it 28-21. In the end just too many mistakes by DLS. 5 fumbles, losing three, which led to MD scores. Then on a punt, the DLS center had just too much adrenalin and hiked the ball over the head of the punter. Two plays later MD scored from the DLS 15. It is the Christmas holiday, and DLS kept on giving gifts to MD. It will be a very, very Merry Christmas for MD fans and SoCal HS football fans. Congrats to MD on their win and back2back National Championship. !!@@!!

Because they are facing much better DL that gets a push into the backfield which disrupts the timing of the veer which causes kids to try and speed up

That’s not how I saw it.

One was an exchange between the Center and QB. Hale just didn’t handle the ball. I watched the play multiple times. A MD lineman did submarine into the backfield (which is why I rewatched) but didn’t contact or affect the exchange. It was unforced.

Besides, Folsom held DLS scoreless for a half and got push into the backfield numerous times. Guess what. No fumbled QB-Center exchange. I think you’re reaching.

The 2nd was a poor snap out of the shotgun. Unforced again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheComish33
This years DLS team was good, but overrated. You guys can cry baby all you want about a 14-0 game that could have and should have gone the other way, but doesn't change the fact that at this point, Folsom is a better team.

Didn't DLS win that game 14-0? I don't remember DLS guys being cry babies about how that game "could have and should have gone the other way"
DLS has a shutout win against #7 in the country. Folsom's best win will be a blowout against #9 in the state.
Even if Folsom wins 100-0, they'll still be behind DLS. A blowout win against an inferior team means very little. Any other opinion, is just that, an opinion. A crummy one at that

Didn't DLS win that game 14-0? I don't remember DLS guys being cry babies about how that game "could have and should have gone the other way"

You’re totally right. Game was played, Folsom lost. They had numerous chances and didn’t make enough plays to win. As good as they are, they weren’t good enough that particular day to overcome their mistakes and a tremendous DLS team. Could that change if they played again, maybe. But we’ll never know.

I’ve been one to say that the game was close and could have gone either way if a couple calls/plays went the other way. I believe that to be true. But the reality is those plays didn’t go the other way and DLS got the hard fought W. There’s no denying that.

If Folsom had won the game with the key calls/plays going their way, I don’t think the team or their fans would care about or be listening to the DLS contingent arguing the same points. All they’d care about is the W. And rightfully so.

Same logic applies here.

Please IrishBlessing or G61, stop with your nonsense. MD brings in players after their freshmen, sophomore, or junior years as transfers. DLS does not. MD is able to see who has grown and developed at the other area schools and then transfer them in. Someone above said MD #75 was a beast and didn't remember him from last year. Can you spell transfer?

#75 is Bennett. His high school career is as follows: Whitney/Folsom/Capital Christian/Mater Dei. So Mater Dei reaches up North too.

Reactions: awood1
Possibly. I believe the young man lived in Rocklin pre-MD, so who knows.

I was half being sarcastic here. My point is who cares? These kids are going to transfer period. To act as if these coaches or programs are out recruiting etc is a stretch. Does it happen? I’m sure there are some but it’s few and far between. The programs that are successful will market themselves.

I was half being sarcastic here. My point is who cares? These kids are going to transfer period. To act as if these coaches or programs are out recruiting etc is a stretch. Does it happen? I’m sure there are some but it’s few and far between. The programs that are successful will market themselves.

Yea, I got it. I only mentioned it cause there is so much recruiting talk going on here. He is the extreme in that he moved every year. (and someone mentioned him in an earlier post as a beast) I think I lot of people do care but I could care less as I don't really follow the schools that are on the extremes in the transfer game. To me it's a circus show but to the parents of the kids, it's a scholarship. I live in the past and care more about schools like Placer, than I do schools like MD. Call me old-fashioned. :)

Hmm, funny that Alumbaugh was complaining about MD having
false starts, DLS has been doing Oline rolling starts for what,
30years now, and half the time they are false starts, that for
some reason never get called by the line refs - it is what it is.

Hmm, funny that Alumbaugh was complaining about MD having
false starts, DLS has been doing Oline rolling starts for what,
30years now, and half the time they are false starts, that for
some reason never get called by the line refs - it is what it is.

I thought exact same thing but hey if he isn’t looking for a edge he isn’t doing his job.

I know the NG coach and he told me that Fulp wants to be an engineer and dls offered something NG doesn’t. It seems to me if your a student and apply yourself your chances of getting into the school you want isn’t going to be any better if you go to dls as opposed to NG for just your senior year. I would agree with you also that he should of thought of that earlier.

My point was just that dls doesn’t take these senior transfers To better there football team. And that that’s absolutely the only reason MD does.

Reactions: THEOC89
That’s not how I saw it.

One was an exchange between the Center and QB. Hale just didn’t handle the ball. I watched the play multiple times. A MD lineman did submarine into the backfield (which is why I rewatched) but didn’t contact or affect the exchange. It was unforced.

Besides, Folsom held DLS scoreless for a half and got push into the backfield numerous times. Guess what. No fumbled QB-Center exchange. I think you’re reaching.

The 2nd was a poor snap out of the shotgun. Unforced again.

It’s not a reach to see the center losing a little concentration on his snap because he’s getting push back a yard all night

It’s not a reach to see the QB pull out a little early because the dive is getting stuffed at the mesh point all night.

This is why we have seen so many unforced turnovers by DLS the last two years.They are losing attention to detail because of the tremendous pressure the MD defense is imposing on them

This is why we have seen so many unforced turnovers by DLS the last two years.They are losing attention to detail because of the tremendous pressure the MD defense is imposing on them

So then tell me why the same thing didn’t happen when Folsom did the same thing for much of their game. DLS had very little yardage the 1st half and no points. Folsom was stuffing the run with penetration. Yet DLS didnt have problems handling snaps.

I say you’re reaching because both teams did the same thing with different results. And because the team that benefitted from the unforced errors wore MD uniforms you’re positioning it as if they did something Folsom didn’t.

Speaking only defensively, Folsom yielded less points against DLS than MD did. I believe total yardage was similar. Folsom just didn’t benefit from the unforced fumbles.

Which was the entire point.

I've said time and time again that as similar as De La Salle appears to be with Justin Alumbaugh at the helm, they arent the same team they were under Bob Ladouceur. Say what you want but Bob wasnt as sloppy and was a better play caller.

For all of you who dont know your asses from a hole in the ground when it comes to play calling consider this one play a few years back:

De La Salle in Texas against Trinity. Sparty is up 14-6 with seconds to go before half and in Trinity territory. Rather than run a couple of conservative run plays or even throw the ball before half Alumbaugh calls a double reverse with is subsequently fumbled, scooped and returned for a touchdown by Trinity. DLS loses that game by 5. Forget playing for 3, if DLS knees the ball and goes to halftime right then and there they beat Trinity.

Oh, like where? Mater Dei? Young graduates next year, might as well start the recruitment process now.

I got the argument for you right here....

Yes, De La Salle recruits. They recruit 8th graders to come join their program and play football for them 4 years. Traditionally, if you're not at De La Salle by the time you're entering your junior year you dont play football for them. Yes, Jack Fulp transferred into the school this season and made the team as a senior. Name me one other superstar transfer that ended up at De La Salle. Say To'oto'o if you want but reality is he transferred as an incoming Sophomore who had no national recognition before his arrival.

Mater Dei doesnt give a **** when you arrive on campus. If you can help them win they have no issue admitting you.

Case and point, if De La Salle were recruiting the way Mater Dei is, Najee Harris would have ended up at DLS 4 years ago. Jacob Bandes, Jay Butterfield, Sione Vaki, Daniel Heimuli, Troy Franklin and Joshua Pakola would have all been lured to DLS this past season. I dont give a **** how prehistoric their offense is. If you put that kind of talent in front of Mater Dei tonight, DLS wins.

My other argument is that a lot of these kids grow up playing competitive 7 on 7 together while being coached by the same guys who are recruiting them. It's not that hard to get them to perform, specially when they're already talented.

Refs always catch the reaction. Never the first guy.

Watch the reply in real time. It did not appear as if Harper did a thing. All you see is Wilson shove him in the back, express to his coaches what had happened, followed by an ass chewing. The refs never talked to Wilson.

Yet both Wilson and Harper drew (off setting) personal fouls.

If the refs didnt know what happened, what exactly did they call a foul on Harper for?

Any coach will ask what the foul is for. Do you suppose the white cap went back to Rollinson with a bullshit answer such as "it takes two to tango"?

No.

He told Rollinson that his guy spit in the face of his opponent.

Rollinson knew.

He did nothing.

But the old **** hasn't been able to win shit outside of his cave up until last year. Now wasnt the time for life lessons. Not with a National Championship on the line anyways. Not against the team who's tormented him for the past 20 years.

Outstanding Post!!!.... I Think you hit the Nail on the Head about Both Coaches DLS and MD...

I Have felt there is something missing in the play-calling ever since the transition from Lad to Coach A... This year I thought it was because he was taking it slow with #20 since it was his first year as a Starting QB... But when I was at the BG game, I was shocked at how conservative he went when was up by 2 TD's and had BG reeling... Lad would have found a play to surprise BG and put up another TD and Ice the game... Coach A seemed content to run dive plays into a defense that had all 11 players within 5 yards of the LOS... BG almost came back and won that game....

As Far as Rollo and the spitting Incident, he had to know... It's ridiculous to think otherwise... I do believe he did not see it happen on the field and maybe the kid came back and said he didn't do it and the Ref was wrong... But he should have asked someone to look at the replay and see what happened and sent that kid to the locker room...

This year at MD they had players suspended for Shoplifting, Had to forfeit a game for an Ineligible transfer, Suspended their Top CB for the Open Game, and now one of their Team Captains spit in an opponents face... The Monarchs are the best HSFB team in the Country the last 2 years, but something doesn't seem right with their program right now...

So then tell me why the same thing didn’t happen when Folsom did the same thing for much of their game. DLS had very little yardage the 1st half and no points. Folsom was stuffing the run with penetration. Yet DLS didnt have problems handling snaps.

I say you’re reaching because both teams did the same thing with different results. And because the team that benefitted from the unforced errors wore MD uniforms you’re positioning it as if they did something Folsom didn’t.

Speaking only defensively, Folsom yielded less points against DLS than MD did. I believe total yardage was similar. Folsom just didn’t benefit from the unforced fumbles.

Which was the entire point.

Did you really just try to compare Folsom Defense with MD defense?

Tell me which defense was more physical and put more pressure on the others OL in that Folsom game? Then tell me who committed the turnovers? Teams that are getting pushed backwards make concentration mistakes.
DLS wasn’t getting pushed backwards in that game.DLS didn’t have minus run yardage against Folsom
Please don’t ever try to compare this Folsom Defense to the MD defense not even close

Did you really just try to compare Folsom Defense with MD defense?

Tell me which defense was more physical and put more pressure on the others OL in that Folsom game? Then tell me who committed the turnovers? Teams that are getting pushed backwards make concentration mistakes.
DLS wasn’t getting pushed backwards in that game.DLS didn’t have minus run yardage against Folsom
Please don’t ever try to compare this Folsom Defense to the MD defense not even close

To compare Folsom's Defense to MD is absolutely Asinine... I have seen MD play 5 times this year and they have the best defense in the Country... Sure Bosco Blew them out, but when they played again with the big prize on the line, MD held Bosco and the #1 QB in the country to 14 points...

Folsom's O-Line would get dominated like they did against DLS and their QB would be running for his life...Folsom's offense would be lucky to score 14 points in garbage time against that D...

I watched some of that Folsom-Central game, and Central is not a great team by any stretch... Sure they were 13-0, but I also saw AZ Centennial Blow out a 13-0 Team 69-0 in the AZ 5A State Title game...

To me, Central looks like Corona Centennial Moving in Slow motion... Similar offense, They have Huge players but they looked very nonathletic on the lines... That Central team that put up 46 points on Folsom wouldn't sniff the end zone against MD, SJB or DLS... MD and Bosco would run over the Folsom D like a freight train and beat Folsom 55-7 or something like that... DLS wins easily 35-14 if they played again...

Folsom is the Best 1-AA team in the State and will have the most 1-AA Bowl wins after this year... That is a great thing for them... But they are what they are which is a TIER below the teams that play in the Open Games... Any Comparisons to MD are just completely ridiculous...

Last edited:
Don't ever spread fake news again with you agenda.

Let's deal in facts- Folsom defense held DLS to less yards than Mater Dei did. And this was without one of Folsom's best defensive players who was not even cleared to play yet.

Based on that fact alone- Folsom defense just as good, if not better. Folsom dominated the line on both sides that day, mainly the defensive line. Mater Dei didn't even do that to DLS.

Pretty good for a little old public school defense
Funny, the old poster IndianPride45 used those same exact phrases. How many names have you had on here dude?

The psyche ward is calling and needs you back. Take your meds with you.

By the way- Enjoy Folsom's run this year. I know it bothers you, considering 90 percent of your posts involve Folsom. What a nutjob.

You and @raffidog123 are the "Banned Brothers." At least @raffidog123 is from Sonora and can possibly attend the Folsom/DLS game next year instead of watching game trackers online and claiming he was there.

The psyche ward is out looking for @Truthhertz & @raffidog123 !

Funny how both these tools were reply instantly to EVERY single Folsom/DLS post but will duck they're former banned names subject. Everyone take notice. Trolls.
I don’t think this is what this forum was ment for.

Reactions: FBAddict
I don't think it was meant you people like you to be constantly cutting down such a great program like Folsom, and when someone challenges you and others, you run for the hills and complain.

Enjoy greatness and sit down. Nobody cares about your negative opinion. If you are such a great coach then get your boys from Alhambra to sack up and come play Folsom next year. My guess is you want ZERO to do with that.
I haven’t coached in a few years. And it wasn’t at Alhambra. Alhambra has probably one of the top three worst coaching staffs in NorCal. Greatness doesn’t challenge weak underperforming teams except for Folsom. However I do think Folsom is a great team. But they are the absolute definition of a paper champion.

Reactions: THEOC89
See. Exactly. Still pushing your agenda. You state "this is not what this forum is for" yet continue to push an agenda because any team you coached or liked would never amount to a Folsom. And it bothers you.

That is the MO for the trolls like you on this forum.
1. Troll
2. Deflect
3. Troll
4. Push agenda
5. Claim to be knowledgeable

Do everyone a favor and just go somewhere else where the trolls roam. You could never hack it as a coach or even a parent/fan at a school like Folsom. Remember that "paper forum troll."
Yeah I’m a troll. You come on here change your handle every 3 days. You go crying to streak getting people thrown out of here. As far as agenda you push how great Folsom is in every thread on here. Your butt of everyone jokes on here. And I would be doing everyone a favor by going somewhere else? I’m sure there are Folsom fans on here saying to themselves “ come on dude your making us look bad”.

Based on what? Your eye test? lol

DLS vs Folsom defense (Folsom without best defensive player)= 14 points
DLS vs MD defense (full strength)= 21 points

Do the math. Don't feed the trolls.
-Central Catholic
-Bishop O’Dowd
-Saint Francis
-Bishop Gorman.
-Buchanan
-Foothill
-San Ramon Valley
-Liberty
-Mater Dei

All these teams have better offenses then Folsoms. Folsom vs dls =0
All the teams mentioned above scored on dls.

Do the math. Don’t feed the trolls.

Based on what? Your eye test? lol

DLS vs Folsom defense (Folsom without best defensive player)= 14 points
DLS vs MD defense (full strength)= 21 points

Do the math. Don't feed the trolls.

MD was missing 3 of their top DBs - 5* Elias Ricks (#1 CB in the country), 4* Jeremiah Criddell, 3* William Nimmo. But nice try at fake facts.

Just stop. You are making yourself and the other trolls look bad. Nobody takes you seriously and makes fun of you because whenever you are cornered you try and pull a "I was a coach" card. You claim a school that is irrelevant while calling out other great programs that you will never be a part of.

You need to do everyone a favor and make like a tree and leave.

Absolutely. Folsom's offense sucks. We will go with that.

As we agree on the numbers, then Folsom's defense is the best in CA, based on your numbers.

I would call a school like Alhambra a paper tiger, but you don't even have a piece of paper with a few wins to go off of. Enjoy irrelevancy.
I am going to be the bigger man actually the only man. Your starting with personal attacks. You act as if your a part of Folsom. YOUR NOT.

Even if there may be some truth in what he writes, it’s pure comedy watching Commish (ie G61 FolsomBulldog, etc) accuse others of bashing Folsom and some for having multiple handles. I mean, c’mon dude, who do you think you are kidding with the whole “I’ve been reading this forums for years, but just decided to chime in now”??? ROFL
Yes I’m sure you’ve been On the site for years, just staying silent, then BOOM... 30 posts in 30 hours....um, laughable! It would be so much easier for you to just acknowledge what 95% of us know.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT