ADVERTISEMENT

Final Round of Playoff Scores - Thanksgiving Weekend 11/22-11/25

Rocklin intercepts another SM pass. I think this game is over. 2 minutes let in the game. Rocklin leads 17-6

Reactions: ThunderRam
I honestly think rocklin is the 2nd best team in norcal.
Congrats Thunder.

I wish these Thunder kids could get a 2nd shot at Folsom. Sans those 3 muffed punts, RHS looked like the better team. Folsom only drove the field on Rocklin’s stingy defense once, perhaps twice all game. The short fields killed them.

They showed off the stinginess tonight, holding the mighty Rams to 6 points.

WHAT A SURPRISE....With all the speed that St. Mary's had, it did not mean any thing, the Rock put played and out smarted the Rams..

St. Mary’s had some speed, no doubt, but I didn’t see a noticeable difference between the teams — especially when Rocklin was on offense. Hell, Reeve Slone looked like the fastest kid on the field a few times.

Anyway, congrats to St. Mary’s for a great season. They were a tough opponent. A few proverbial bounces of the ball their way, it might have been a different game.

Congrats to the Thunder for their 2nd section title and first ever NorCal Regional birth. Hope to see them keep things rolling next week.

Huge win by Rocklin. Their defense held strong. I like their qb, too…He caused a ton of havoc with his feet. Extended a ton of drives.

For some reason, St. Mary’s had a difficult time getting the ball to the receivers on what seemed to be textbook throws. Turnovers, penalties, and miscues killed them. It’s tough to beat Rocklin playing like that.

Rocklin’s defense was pretty stout. Although St. Mary’s appeared to have a huge advantage with their receiving core. Rocklins zone coverage and pressure caused St. Marys problems all night long. Definitely negated the passing attack.

St. Marys sophomore receiver has breakaway speed. His touchdown and punt return (called back) were impressive.

It will be interesting to see how the regional teams are grouped.

Yeah the playing field is just not level even with these public’s which are about 7 miles apart. You can’t transfer into Oak Ridge like you can folsom. The rules are completely different. It’s damn near impossible to transfer to Oak Ridge unless you physically move family into the district. Not the case at Folsom.
The classic is Folsom Jr bulldog kids who grow up playing in that program and all of a sudden frosh year all these new kids show up at Folsom HS and all the bs coolaide drank goes down the tube. The fact remains Folsom has really never played for “The State Game”. They consistently are 2nd best even though they have gamed the system better than anybody. Playing in anything less than the open bowl if you are at Folsom is a disappointment to me.
I understand those saying Folsom has An advantage over some of the publics who can’t easily take on transfers. But to state Folsom is ”consistently 2nd best” seems to ignore the schools they find themselves behind are all private schools, Right?

Kudos to Rocklin! Their defense was outstanding. St. Mary’s offense looked good early on. The fumble after the made catch seemed to really shake the Rams up. Missed PAT and FG to close the first half also out of character. The turnovers really out of character, as well. Nevermind the penalties. Much has to be attributed to Rocklin’s defense. Just not the Rams night, and achieving runner-up is hard to swallow. But life goes on. Congrats and good luck to Rocklin in the regionals and potentially state.

Those sound like fighting words aimed at @larry legend33 :oops:
Hahahha. But I’m pumped for Rocklin!
Newman was terrible last night. Schedule really had nothing to do with. They were coming off a big win over Las Lomas who had previously beaten the likes of Campo. Need to find a QB in offseason. There offense was atrocious .
Hats off to @MC415. I feel like Ohio state this am. 😁

Hahahha. But I’m pumped for Rocklin!
Newman was terrible last night. Schedule really had nothing to do with. They were coming off a big win over Las Lomas who had previously beaten the likes of Campo. Need to find a QB in offseason. There offense was atrocious .
Hats off to @MC415. I feel like Ohio state this am. 😁
Those were both some bad offenses last night , but yeah that CN QB was no bueno

Reactions: larry legend33
It will be interesting to see how the regional teams are grouped.

A RHS coach I talked to last night said he was hearing Grant Union @ Rocklin, which caught me by surprise. Cal14’s various breakdowns predict Folsom, DLS, or Pittsburg as the Thunder’s next opponent.

A RHS coach I talked to last night said he was hearing Grant Union @ Rocklin, which caught me by surprise. Cal14’s various breakdowns predict Folsom, DLS, or Pittsburg as the Thunder’s next opponent.
That matchup is possible the way I see it.

@ThunderRam called it on the young QB for rocklin. Absolutely a gamer and will be one of the good ones to come out of this area. Pretty excited to follow him the next couple years.

@ThunderRam called it on the young QB for rocklin. Absolutely a gamer and will be one of the good ones to come out of this area. Pretty excited to follow him the next couple years.

Yes sir, I can’t wait to see both his and Ryder Lyons development, not only for the next couple of seasons, but for the rest of this season too.

When was the last time 2 sophomores led teams to SJS section titles in the same season, specifically in D1 and D2? It may have happened before but my guess is that it is pretty rare.

I remember Chad Elliott leading Nevada Union to the D1 title as a sophomore in 1994 (before winning again for Grant Union in 1996) and Jake Browning for Folsom in 2012, but no others are immediately coming to mind -- let alone during the same season.

Reactions: THEOC89
Yes sir, I can’t wait to see both his and Ryder Lyons development, not only for the next couple of seasons, but for the rest of this season too.

When was the last time 2 sophomores led teams to SJS section titles in the same season, specifically in D1 and D2? It may have happened before but my guess is that it is pretty rare.

I remember Chad Elliott leading Nevada Union to the D1 title as a sophomore in 1994 (before winning again for Grant Union in 1996) and Jake Browning for Folsom in 2012, but no others are immediately coming to mind -- let alone during the same season.
From the same league no less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT