ADVERTISEMENT

Final Round of Playoff Scores - Thanksgiving Weekend 11/22-11/25

Going to end. Looks like Folsom is going to score as time is about to run out. Let see if OR can hold.
Folsom has ball on 7
3rd and goal

Anderson fumbles with 1:41, 4th turnover of the game. El Cerrito goes down and takes lead.. misses XP

El Cerrito 34
Windsor 31

1:08 left

Thunder, we get it. Folsom gets a bunch of transfers. I just wonder if you ever get tired of regurgitating the same take. I mean, Pasty isn’t even around anymore to get all riled up - so I’m just curious at your constant bitterness towards Folsom. Or at least you seemingly always bringing up the transfer comment. 🤔

If you don’t care for my contributions, try ignoring them! Cause you’re not gonna stifle my free speech. IDC how triggered you get.

Like them or not, my comments were topical to the comment to which I was responding. Most of all they are truth. If that bothers you, which it clearly did, that’s on you brother.

I got no advice to offer you except to get over it.

Last edited:
Agree streak. They stopped him the previous 3 plays doing same play. He’s an incredible player. He was the difference. What a night.

Lyons is elusive and slippery as hell.

OR’s problem was getting beat deep far too many times. They got lucky once, when Lyons over threw the receiver. But he was spot on every other throw that I recall. He put several of those deep throws on a proverbial plate. Crazy accuracy.

Lyons is elusive and slippery as hell.

OR’s problem was getting beat deep far too many times. They got lucky once, when Lyons over threw the receiver. But he was spot on every other throw that I recall. He put several of those deep throws on a proverbial plate. Crazy accuracy.
Agree and OR had too many bad possessions where their offense didn’t do anything. The weakness of this OR team was in the secondary and Folsom knew that.
The gap was so thin tnite but hats off to Folsom for making the big plays when necessary. If they end up playing Pitsburg they won’t have luxury of having the best athletes on field.

This year would have been a very interesting DLS-Pitt matchup in the NCS Final under traditional circumstances
I was Shocked that SRV was #2 in NCS, PITT should have been #2 being an Undefeated league champ and they had comparable wins….

SRV got the Push because they went to OT with DLS, but they should have been dropped to D1 due to their loss…. PITT should have got the shot at DLS in the Playoffs….

It’s really too bad because I think the Stars were aligned for PITT this year to beat DLS…. Should make for some interesting decisions for the Regionals!!….

Thunder, we get it. Folsom gets a bunch of transfers (although the transfer thing is seemingly becoming more normal elsewhere these days as well). I just wonder if you ever get tired of regurgitating the same take. I mean, Pasty isn’t even around anymore to get all riled up - so I’m just curious at your constant bitterness towards Folsom. Or at least you seemingly always bringing up the Folsom transfers comment. 🤔
So you think it’s cool? Is that what we have come to? Bottom line is Folsom has an advantage and doesn’t play with home grown players, so for me, they’re a unicorn and not to be measured against. Bitter is not the word, it’s more like embarrassing that all their fans and some posters on here thinks it’s fine. Orwell once said that some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual would find it ok.

Agree and OR had too many bad possessions where their offense didn’t do anything. The weakness of this OR team was in the secondary and Folsom knew that.
The gap was so thin tnite but hats off to Folsom for making the big plays when necessary. If they end up playing Pitsburg they won’t have luxury of having the best athletes on field.
Folsom also has the oldest athletes on the field.

Hats off to OR. Very good season with a big group of lineman and TE. Maybe a stud QB away from winning that game?

Hats off to OR. Very good season with a big group of lineman and TE. Maybe a stud QB away from winning that game?
Oh I don’t even think a stud QB @RidgeRider . They were right there at the end. Too many poor possessions and they got down too much in first half. They graduate a ton of seniors but some stud kids return and a great frosh class. The line is gone so that is the biggest gap.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Other Friday scores not mentioned above:

NCS D7 Ferndale 14 Willits 7

CS section scores - some of these teams may end up in the NorCal RBG games. Only Clovis North has been mentioned.
D1 Clovis North 24 Central 14
D2 Central Valley Christian 27 Lemoore 26
D3 Mission Oak 34 Kerman 14
D4 Torres 69 Dos Palos 14 (This is only CS game with a huge score differential, although D3 was pretty wide too)
D5 Wasco 42 Bishop 41
D6 Stathmore 14 Mendota 7

LAS section games played last night are mentioned above

SS section games
D1 Mentioned above but worth mentioning again Mater Dei gets revenge MD 35 SJB 7
D4 La Serna 49 Corona del Mar 29
D8 Jurupa Hills 21 Charter Oak 14
D9 Rio Honda Prep 29 Santa Monica 27 (This game was mentioned above as one very small school beating a very large school)
D11 Ramona 38 Poly 17
D13 St. Monica 28 Walnut 21
D14 Bell 27 Lynwood 14

SDS section
D1 St. Augustine 13 Mission Hills 0
D4 Mentioned above but worth noting again Mount Miguel 35 Chula Vista 14 (The is MM's first championship game win since 1960)

I’m not trying to insinuate he’s a bad coach by any means, but isn’t it a bit interesting Pitt is having their best season in forever in year 1 with a new head coach?
No Disrespect to the Great PITT coach Galli but when you have either equal or better talent and have 25+ chances to beat DLS and you can’t even come close it’s Coaching….

His teams made too many mistakes and their Offensive schemes didn’t work….

Reactions: remc and SJS Lord
Thunder, we get it. Folsom gets a bunch of transfers (although the transfer thing is seemingly becoming more normal elsewhere these days as well). I just wonder if you ever get tired of regurgitating the same take. I mean, Pasty isn’t even around anymore to get all riled up - so I’m just curious at your constant bitterness towards Folsom. Or at least you seemingly always bringing up the Folsom transfers comment. 🤔
If you don’t care for my contributions, try ignoring them! Cause you’re not gonna stifle my free speech. IDC how triggered you get.

Like them or not, my comments were topical to the comment to which I was responding. Most of all they are truth. If that bothers you, which it clearly did, that’s on you brother.

I got no advice to offer you except to get over it.
So you think it’s cool? Is that what we have come to? Bottom line is Folsom has an advantage and doesn’t play with home grown players, so for me, they’re a unicorn and not to be measured against. Bitter is not the word, it’s more like embarrassing that all their fans and some posters on here thinks it’s fine. Orwell once said that some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual would find it ok.
First - I find it funny that I was the one referred to as being “triggered“, especially after reading these two responses. 🤣

I had no Dog (or Trojan) in the fight last night. I just cheer for the SJS once NorCal’s and state roll around. Heck, I even Acknowledged what Thunder stated re: Folsom getting transfers is basically true. I just found it a bit out of place to be brought up on a thread about game scores - then all of a sudden - BOOM ”Folsom wins because of their transfer, blah, blah, blah…”. Ive always respected TR, and still do. But it was a honest question for him. Why the continued bitterness towards Folsom? Maybe it is because of the transfers. I can’t speak for All the schools out there, I’m well aware of transfers coming and going pretty readily at many other schools these days. But if they aren’t winning, no one seems to notice. To state they are a “unicorn” because they do something that other schools don‘t, is no longer a valid or accurate statement. I realize that Folsom may have been doing it before most, but to act as if they are the only school benefitting from transfers these days seems a bit disingenuous to me.

For the record - I don’t like all the transfers in High school. I don’t like all the transfers or NIL in college. I don’t like the DH in baseball either. But I also don’t consistently bring it up.

sorry to have ruffled so many feathers.

❤️
Big

Last edited:
I’m not trying to insinuate he’s a bad coach by any means, but isn’t it a bit interesting Pitt is having their best season in forever in year 1 with a new head coach?
Off the top if my head, I can think of
maybe one big game they won where they were considered the underdog or maybe even. They won all of the games they were supposed to under Galli and very consistent, but I don’t remember that over the top W (like beating DLS).

Reactions: THEOC89
First - I find it funny that I was the one referred to as being “triggered“, especially after reading these two responses. 🤣

I had no Dog (or Trojan) in the fight last night. I just cheer for the SJS once NorCal’s and state roll around. Heck, I even Acknowledged what Thunder stated re: Folsom getting transfers is basically true. I just found it a bit out of place to be brought up on a thread about game scores - then all of a sudden - BOOM ”Folsom wins because of their transfer, blah, blah, blah…”. Ive always respected TR, and still do. But it was a honest question for him. Why the continued bitterness towards Folsom? Maybe it is because of the transfers. I can’t speak for All the schools out there, I’m well aware of transfers coming and going pretty readily at many other schools these days. But if they aren’t winning, no one seems to notice. To state they are a “unicorn” because they do something that other schools don‘t, is no longer a valid or accurate statement. I realize that Folsom may have been doing it before most, but to act as if they are the only school benefitting from transfers these days seems a bit disingenuous to me.

For the record - I don’t like all the transfers in High school. I don’t like all the transfers or NIL in college. I don’t like the DH in baseball either. But I also don’t consistently bring it up.

sorry to have ruffled so many feathers.

❤️
Big
It’s not bitterness. It’s disrespect for how they achieve success. I’m not going to honor it by continuing to legitimize how they go about their business and praise them or put what they do on the same level as everyone else. Aside from the privates, nobody transfers like they do or runs a holdback program (informal as it may be) like they do.

My reply was not targeted at you or attacking you specifically , it’s for everyone who has accepted, and seemingly legitimized that program. I should have contextualized my comments better. My bad.

Reactions: mrbig864
Off the top if my head, I can think of
maybe one big game they won where they were considered the underdog or maybe even. They won all of the games they were supposed to under Galli and very consistent, but I don’t remember that over the top W (like beating DLS).
They played Centennial, Folsom, and DLS each multiple times in recent years but always came up short.

It’s not bitterness. It’s disrespect for how they achieve success. I’m not going to honor it by continuing to legitimize how they go about their business and praise them or put what they do on the same level as everyone else. Aside from the privates, nobody transfers like they do or runs a holdback program (informal as it may be) like they do.

My reply was not targeted at you or attacking you specifically , it’s for everyone who has accepted, and seemingly legitimized that program. I should have contextualized my comments better. My bad.
Yeah the playing field is just not level even with these public’s which are about 7 miles apart. You can’t transfer into Oak Ridge like you can folsom. The rules are completely different. It’s damn near impossible to transfer to Oak Ridge unless you physically move family into the district. Not the case at Folsom.
The classic is Folsom Jr bulldog kids who grow up playing in that program and all of a sudden frosh year all these new kids show up at Folsom HS and all the bs coolaide drank goes down the tube. The fact remains Folsom has really never played for “The State Game”. They consistently are 2nd best even though they have gamed the system better than anybody. Playing in anything less than the open bowl if you are at Folsom is a disappointment to me.

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but the committee putting SRV as the #2 seed (in the relatively new NCS loser advances setup) means Pitt never had to face their nemesis DLS this season. Under Galli they had initially scheduled DLS in the preseason once DLS was reassigned to the EBAL 15 years ago, but stopped doing so awhile back so they wouldn’t have to face them both in the regular season and the playoffs. Nice win though last night in a close battle with SRV.

Reactions: THEOC89
Pitt has always beaten every other team in the NCS except DLS. Right now, its a matter of DLS coming back to the pack, not having the talent level advantage they used to enjoy. But Pitt looks more disciplined, they didnt make many mistakes last night.

Yeah the playing field is just not level even with these public’s which are about 7 miles apart. You can’t transfer into Oak Ridge like you can folsom. The rules are completely different. It’s damn near impossible to transfer to Oak Ridge unless you physically move family into the district. Not the case at Folsom.
The classic is Folsom Jr bulldog kids who grow up playing in that program and all of a sudden frosh year all these new kids show up at Folsom HS and all the bs coolaide drank goes down the tube. The fact remains Folsom has really never played for “The State Game”. They consistently are 2nd best even though they have gamed the system better than anybody. Playing in anything less than the open bowl if you are at Folsom is a disappointment to me.
I was told by a Folsom Asst a few weeks ago that they win bc of superior coaching.......I responded that it is easy to win with everyone else's kids.......I asked him if he ever rode the RENO EXPRESS.......He just looked at me and walked away....

Spot on Legend!!!….. Folsom is responsible for ruining the open play in game and that is why they haven’t played in the open and that is why they don’t get much respect from anyone….

If you are a Team that takes Transfers from everyone else you shouldn’t cry about “The Second Best Team Should Move on.”…. You should man up and Beat the top team….

I do like the fact that New Coach doesn’t duck Nor Cal’s top teams…. Now if Folsom wants to fix the nonsense that THEY started, THEY should lobby for the Open Play in Game to come back!!…. I can Guarantee you they would have DLS’s Full Support!…..

And congrats to your OR Boys for a great year!,,,, I look forward to the day my Nephew is a Proud Trojan!!.,,, 🍻

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT