ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom moving forward

Folsom faces DLS getting its mojo back after beating a team that Folsom lost to last season. Del Oro Rocklin and Oak Ridge also await.

Reactions: concrete17
My point is if you took the Marquee games of Folsom vs Serra, Serra vs DLS, Folsom vs DLS and Folsom vs PITT and said to anyone pick the winner of any of these games
There you go Señor El Streak-o. A super Pic'ems for next season, the supposed Marquis Games. And for the Brassring choice, the projected Pic'em for the NorCal rep to the State Open Game.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Folsom is 17-5 in their last 22 games including a 2 TD Loss to San Diego…. It used to take Folsom 5 years to lose 5 games and Folsom never lost to San Diego….

Add in the Disastrous 2019 Season where The “Most Talented Team In Nor Cal” Lost Twice including a 2 TD Loss to MT in the playoffs and that is 7 losses in 2 seasons…

Folsom Definitely taking a big step backwards…. Losing to San Diego by 2 TD’s, that one must really hurt…. 🤣
DLS lost to a public school to get knocked out of the playoffs.

They must have had some of that awful Rocco's pizza before the game. :)

Folsom is a good local team the represents their neighborhood well.

Pitt on the other hand is still milking the last few drops of notoriety of beating DLS in 1991 or there abouts. Since then Pitt has been a midling program in Nor Cal.

Their bark is much worse than their bite.
I wouldn't say middling, unless your talking about the elite NorCal programs. Pitt is a good program, always has talent. I'm looking at the coaching staff. Great respect for Coach Galli, but I think the time has come to reevaluate the program. That is, if Pitt aspires to achieve section and state championships. They seem to have reached their ceiling, and have stayed at that ceiling for years. Sometimes it's just time for the kids to hear another voice.

With all due respect Santa Ball, B-F-D. It has been that way for years and it is only likely to become more that way. Go count the numbers at the top 15 programs in CA and I bet you have similarly large numbers. This is what is happening in CA today. The number of kids playing football is diminishing in this state. We are not Texas, Alabama, Mississippi. We are a liberal quack state where folks accept that football is inapprorpriate for Johnny because Johnny might bump his head or get too fattened up to be considered a healthy young man. For kids having potential and an interest, their choices, short of transferring, are often to play on a team with low numbers, low talent, low appeal to really great coaches, antiquated schemes, etc. You must be on drugs to blame these kids for seeking greener pastures. The circumstances dictate that they should in order to puruse their aptitude and interest in the sport, and to continue their development - because high talent kids in other portions of the country are doing just that. Elite players want to be pushed, they want development, they want challenging opponents, they want to be surrounded by kids with similar interests and expectations, and they want exposure to college recruiters. They get all of these things by choosing to play in a very competitive program. So, to speak negatively about a program that accomodates these kids is to speak negatively about the kids themselves. And to do that is just a tad mindless as the sport is here for the kids enjoyment....not yours, not the coaches, and not the medias.
So Walker Lyons leaving Oak Ridge for Folsom after his freshman year was because of which fact you mentioned?

Same place Mater Dei, SJB, and DLS (Sacramento) would be without transfers. :)
But not the "Same Place" with transfers.

Perhaps that a tease Pasty, a little peek for next year? That would be a hell of a matchup; Folsom vs. Mater Dei, and or SJB? All that talent on display, best of the best.

Since like, your all like, comparable right?
We already got a little taste when the Padres came to town to hear confession. WART!

But not the "Same Place" with transfers.

Perhaps that a tease Pasty, a little peek for next year? That would be a hell of a matchup; Folsom vs. Mater Dei, and or SJB? All that talent on display, best of the best.

Since like, your all like, comparable right?
We already got a little taste when the Padres came to town to hear confession. WART!
The sad part is- transfers are a part of nearly every HS now: some for sports, some not for sports.

Even sadder: no one is choosing to transfer over to HWY80. :)

So Walker Lyons leaving Oak Ridge for Folsom after his freshman year was because of which fact you mentioned?
He was beat out at QB frosh year. Ironically the person who beat him out later transferred to Arizona because he was beat out by current OR QB. These are the fact folks. But switching to TE was a good move for Lyons. Not sure why he just didn’t go that route for OR. Keep in mind a former Trojan caught a TD pass thrown by Jimmy G this weekend. (Ross Dwelley)

Yeah no doubt he’s a very good TE.
I don’t think the SEC schools were realistic though. Stanford hard to beat.
Think Brock bowers type in sec. Freak. Diff level all together.
I could care less what is "realistic." When Stanford comes a talkin, I come a rockin!

I was listening to a CFB podcast yesterday and they made the argument Bowers might be the best player in college football because of all the ways he can be used.

I don't think he'll be as fast or athletic as Bowers at the next level. But not many are.

I was listening to a CFB podcast yesterday and they made the argument Bowers might be the best player in college football because of all the ways he can be used.
Steak, hes on a diff level athletically and on instincts. I’m not surprised that was stated. He’s been one of my favorite players since I watched him at Napa.

Lyons has good size at 6”4 1/2 and a solid frame. He will be a good fit for Stanford. However I don’t think he will be playing until 2025 due to mission. The 6”7 soph TE (Edwards) for Oak Ridge will be s National recruit by next season FYI.

Steak, hes on a diff level athletically and on instincts. I’m not surprised that was stated. He’s been one of my favorite players since I watched him at Napa.

Lyons has good size at 6”4 1/2 and a solid frame. He will be a good fit for Stanford. However I don’t think he will be playing until 2025 due to mission. The 6”7 soph TE (Edwards) for Oak Ridge will be s National recruit by next season FYI.
Yes, Edwards looks really good. Been a nice run of tight ends out of NorCal the past few years

Good to see you over here Sammy!

I think this is the year PITT gets it done and wins the NCS Open…. This DLS defense is the weakest they have had in the last 30 years….

The only thing that stands in their way is Themselves…. DLS may also have a difficult time with CVC this year…. It’s not out of the question that we could see a PITT vs CVC final in the NCS Open this year…. That would be Crazy!… 🤣
Well you were almost right about Pitt. No NCS but they did make a State game.

You were pretty right about DLS as well. DLS rallied to win the NCS but this year that was equal to winning a Tier 3 section. Probably equivalent to a So Cal D-3 section. Laguna Hills or Birmingham would be a tough match for the Spartans.

• Haha

You were pretty right about DLS as well. DLS rallied to win the NCS but this year that was equal to winning a Tier 3 section. Probably equivalent to a So Cal D-3 section. Laguna Hills or Birmingham would be a tough match for the Spartans.
This version of DLS, maybe so. Not the version to which we had become accustomed to thought. But I'd have to see this Tier 3 SoCal section. Quite an insult to DLS, unless they play some of those Tier 3 schools you speak of. The burden of proof would be with those schools, not DLS

FOLSOM lost again to dreaded DLS.....Patsy has found his rock to hide under again only to resurface come spring....Hey Pat come taste the crow....ha ha ha

Reactions: PittPride90

HA…. Yes, I think DLS could Manage their way through the SSD3 Gauntlet of Yorba Linda and Upland…. 🤣

I think DLS could win SSD2 as well…. Sierra Canyon is a 5 loss team and won it, plus the 10 best SS teams were all in D1…. Watched the Sierra Canyon vs SD Lincoln and was not impressed with Sierra Canyon…. Both Carlsbad and SDCC played Lincoln much tougher then Sierra Canyon with both teams holding 4th quarter leads over Lincoln….

Other than the Top 2 teams and maybe Los Al the SS was pretty down this year…. The TL was a Shell of its former self and Cen10 wasn’t even close to their normal self….

I would say that DLS, Folsom, Serra, Manteca, PITT and ST Mary’s would all have a shot at SSD2….. Out of those teams though only Serra has a shot at winning a game in D1…..

FOLSOM lost again to dreaded DLS.....Patsy has found his rock to hide under again only to resurface come spring....Hey Pat come taste the crow....ha ha ha
I read your post about Pasty on the other thread. So to throw it back, if Pasty was over the top, then why engage this way now?

Reactions: mrbig864
This version of DLS, maybe so. Not the version to which we had become accustomed to thought. But I'd have to see this Tier 3 SoCal section. Quite an insult to DLS, unless they play some of those Tier 3 schools you speak of. The burden of proof would be with those schools, not DLS
Collectively the NCS playoff teams this season were probably = the the CIFSS D-3 teams. My point was not that DLS was = to the D-3 teams, but that winning the NCS was = to winning CIFSS D-3.

I looked at the CIFSS D-2 and feel that as a group, those teams were clearly better than the NCS playoff teams.

HA…. Yes, I think DLS could Manage their way through the SSD3 Gauntlet of Yorba Linda and Upland…. 🤣

I think DLS could win SSD2 as well…. Sierra Canyon is a 5 loss team and won it, plus the 10 best SS teams were all in D1…. Watched the Sierra Canyon vs SD Lincoln and was not impressed with Sierra Canyon…. Both Carlsbad and SDCC played Lincoln much tougher then Sierra Canyon with both teams holding 4th quarter leads over Lincoln….

Other than the Top 2 teams and maybe Los Al the SS was pretty down this year…. The TL was a Shell of its former self and Cen10 wasn’t even close to their normal self….

I would say that DLS, Folsom, Serra, Manteca, PITT and ST Mary’s would all have a shot at SSD2….. Out of those teams though only Serra has a shot at winning a game in D1…..
I was more referring to the quality of teams in the NCS rather than DLS specifically. I agree with you that DLS would win the CIFSS D-3 and possibly D-2. The CIFSSD-2 bracket would give DLS a tougher road though.

So Cal was down, but so was Nor Cal, by alot. We will see how Bellarmine does. That will tell shed some light on the topic

Collectively the NCS playoff teams this season were probably = the the CIFSS D-3 teams. My point was not that DLS was = to the D-3 teams, but that winning the NCS was = to winning CIFSS D-3.

I looked at the CIFSS D-2 and feel that as a group, those teams were clearly better than the NCS playoff teams.
Yes, you are right on here!…. CVC is probably the only NCS D1 Team (PITT and DLS were in a the Open Bracket), That could beat CDM, Upland or Yorba Linda in the SS D3 Bracket….

James Logan and Antioch probably don’t make it out of the first round and the rest of the NCS D1 Teams possibly win a Game or 2….

I would even say that teams in lower NCS divisions would have a better chance of competing in SSD3…. Give Me El Cerrito and Windsor in NCS D3, San Ramon Valley and Campolindo in NCS D2, and Marin Cathloic in NCS D4… I think all those NCS teams could Compete in SSD3….

Reactions: sammyswordsman

Sammy is way too fixated on ”tiers”. I find tiers to be especially lame. Especially tiers he subjectively invents. It’s eye roll material, truly.

If Sammy‘s biased takes and opinions were tier based they’d never be higher than tier 3 or 4. They all come from a place of bias in favor of SoCal, the Trinity League and his alma mater. Anything not under that umbrella must be denigrated, belittled and dismissed at all costs.

In many ways he’s SoCal’s version of G61, Block, Patsy, etc. Agenda driven hyperbole.

Sammy is way too fixated on ”tiers”. I find tiers to be especially lame. Especially tiers he subjectively invents. It’s eye roll material, truly.

If Sammy‘s biased takes and opinions were tier based they’d never be higher than tier 3 or 4. They all come from a place of bias in favor of SoCal, the Trinity League and his alma mater. Anything not under that umbrella must be denigrated, belittled and dismissed at all costs.

In many ways he’s SoCal’s version of G61, Block, Patsy, etc. Agenda driven hyperbole.
I wouldn’t compare @sammyswordsman to Pasty….

While Sammy has some “Hot Takes” especially when it comes to Nor Cal HSFB and Folsom, he is a Great HSFB Fan and he is very passionate about it…. He always listens to the input of others and try’s to have a legitimate conversation about things….

He is also not a Servite Alum, he is a St Paul Swordsman Alum…. If I remember correctly his Nephew was in the 2009 Servite team which is why he is a Servite/TL fan…..

Pasty Trolled Sammy incessantly over on The National Board…. Which was a big part of the reason Sammy left there and helped start the other one…. Sammy is a Good Dude and Tries to make these forums a better place….

I wouldn’t compare @sammyswordsman to Pasty….

While Sammy has some “Hot Takes” especially when it comes to Nor Cal HSFB and Folsom, he is a Great HSFB Fan and he is very passionate about it…. He always listens to the input of others and try’s to have a legitimate conversation about things….

He is also not a Servite Alum, he is a St Paul Swordsman Alum…. If I remember correctly his Nephew was in the 2009 Servite team which is why he is a Servite/TL fan…..

Pasty Trolled Sammy incessantly over on The National Board…. Which was a big part of the reason Sammy left there and helped start the other one…. Sammy is a Good Dude and Tries to make these forums a better place….

I’m aware of everything you outlined. That why I said “and his alma mater”.

I stand by what I said. He compares to Pasty from the standpoint of having an obvious agenda, being overly biased, and often resorting to trolling.

My experience with him dates back to 2009 when he was all-in on Servite and made ridiculous claims and excuses (which belong in the HOF of his excuse thread) why Rocklin nearly beat Servite with their starting WR playing QB. Just dumb stuff. Which he still stands by today. Because his head is so far up his @$$ regarding anything and everything SoCal.

That eventually morphed into an obsession with Folsom and an anti-NorCal agenda. Except for DLS because they were continually beating the $#/t out of SoCal’s best teams until they began recruiting on steroids like Bishop Gorman and IMG.

I’m not suggesting he’s a “bad guy”, just extremely biased and agenda driven with a very tired shtick. That’s where the comparison lies.

If you enjoy his shtick, to each their own.

Reactions: mrbig864

Considering DLS and Folsom came within one score of Serra in both their losses, that statement isn't necessarily true at all. St Mary's beat DLS worse than Serra did. Those three would definitely have a shot at winning a game in SS D1. Only thing I agree onis NCS was definitely down this year. The rest is just biased drivel. Corona Centennial was down this year too, and they're the best public in SoCal. And it's not close.Los Alamitos is a good public, but they're no Cen10.

Seems like it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT