ADVERTISEMENT

MLK showcase at St Mary’s Moraga

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Heeeeere we go, speed v. size in 1st game, with speedy and undefeated Las Lomas a heavy favorite...

SPSV takes an early 6-0 lead...

Btw, games are being streamed, I think by delasalle.tv

12-6 SPSV end of 1... LL looks frustrated, having lots of trouble scoring in the paint

LL sinks a corner 3 at the buzzer to get within 6, 28-22 Bruins.

I’ve only seen LL twice this season... I wonder if this is the first time they’ve been in trouble at the half, lots of things going poorly, etc.

Let’s see if they’ve got that comeback grit...

End of 3... 40-32 SPSV. LL has pulled within 4 twice, but can’t seem to get any closer.

LL 3ball miss, more Bruin FT’s, misses both. 51-48 Bruins, their ball, 1.6 seconds on the clock

LL sinks one of two FT’s to clinch it, 52-48 final. Great way to start my day!

I think the p.a said Dishon Jackson scored 22. He also clogged the middle quite nicely on the other end.

Game 2 in 16 minutes...

This one features Woodcreek and Moreau, a pair of teams that lost their super studs to prep teams. Both are still solid, however, and this should be a good contest.

27 apiece at the half... Overall, the play quality has been a bit iffy, but they’re going at it haaaarrd!

I lost track of Cagle’s scoring... 17, maybe? This is the best I’ve seen him him play. P.A. Just corrected me... He has 20.

Woodcreek sinks a 3 to get within 2 after having fallen back a little... 54-52 Moreau with 2:09 left.

Woodcreek had a contested layup miss and had to foul... Moreau gets 1 of 2 from the line

Woodcreek has one last gasp from their own end with under 4 seconds... Got beyond halfcourt, long shot to tie....... JUST off the rim. Moreau wins 59-56

Coming up in 22 minutes, Valley Christian of San Jose vs Socal’s Oak Park. Oak Park is 11-5 against a big-league schedule that includes competitive losses to Findlay Prep by 10 and Archbishop Montgomery by 14.

Oak Park has Riley Battin. A 6-10 stud headed to Utah. Dude is scoring some 25ppg. They also have the Slajchert brothers adding some 27ppg to the mix... Senior Wes is headed to Dartmouth, and sophomore Clark is starting to get offers too.

Oak Park also has a 6-11 guy... no idea how much this guy plays...

I think VC will have to play their butts off just to make it competitive.

Well, well... VC is indeed playing their collective butts off... 15-14 Oak Park after 1

Oak Park starting to find their stride... 25-20 lead with 4:54 left in the half

Meanwhile, VC’s hanging in there, down 34-30 with a minute left in the half .

Battin showing a gorgeous touch on his 3-pointers... 44-34 Oak Park halfway thru 3rd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT