ADVERTISEMENT

MLK showcase at St Mary’s Moraga

JAT is doing fairly well against Battin inside, but Battin is killing everyone with outside shooting.

Btw, the 6-11 guy I mentioned earlier also starts for OP. He’s not fantastic, but he’s very large.

At least offensively, I can see Battin taking more of a small-forward role at Utah. Also, I’d say he’s more like 6-8 rather than his listed 6-10.

Next up, 25 minutes away, O’Dowd takes on Pleasant Grove, Utah... and their 7-3 JUNIOR, Matt Von Komen.

Looking at the big guy warming up, he appears more mobile than what I thought based on the videos I’d seen.

Btw, Hawkins of P’Dowd is on the floor but not in uniform. I heard that he was ineligible (but not why) until January... I figured he’d be back by now, but I guess not.

I never heard announcements on scorers in the Oak Park game, btw... I’m gonna guess Battin scores nearly 30.

Got to talking to somebody... Catching up... PG hung right with the Dragons early, but Von Komen got his 2nd foul halfway thru the 1st quarter and had to sit. Dragon blowout time, right? Wrong. PG was right with’em thru the quarter.

Dragons scored a couple quick buckets to start the 2nd... In comes Von Komen, who plays well while avoiding fouling as PG gets back in the game... To be safe, PG coach takes the big guy out near the end of the half. It’s 31-28 O’Dowd, but they don’t seem to be playing well, especially Hardy.

Hardy not having a very good game, but Gaskin is everywhere and #10 has nailed five 3balls.

Ross Williams led the Dragons on the scoring with 19, as they won 64-54. Game was a lot closer than the score indicates.

Now we get SoCal power Damien taking on host De La Salle.

On paper it looks like Damien should roll here, but they play on hardwood... And DLS tends to play very well in their showcase.

That had to be the best quarter DLS has played all year! 32-21 DLS at the half

Don’t look back, Damien might be gaining on you... They score 11 straight to open the 2nd half

Last contest of the day should be butt-kicking awesome.... Modesto Christian vs Salesian, very likely both headed to the Open...

Jaden McClanahan makes an amazing shovel-shot layup at the halftime buzzer to get Salesian the 3-point lead, 31-28.

This one’s living up to the hype...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT