ADVERTISEMENT

NBL/North Bay

Monty and newman very winnable games in round 1. If we can’t beat Vallejo and American Canyon we aren’t very good.

I have been here for a minute and see enough basketball that I can call it as I see it. And yes, I am calling out the homers!!!!

Also, trying to give credit to some of the other programs, teams and leagues in the northbay that I get a chance to see and assess that do get overlooked by a lot of the commenters on this forum.

That said, I agree with you northbaybbguru The proof for a lot of the nbay teams will be how they handle sectionals and not get bounced after the first game!

• Haha
Reactions: UncleYacht
Piedmont has an incredible strength of schedule. Not too many teams at this level can say they played, SI, campo, northgate , O’Dowd, etc. Jojo Murphy one of better guards in norcal.

If Monty and newman don’t win it will be a major disappointment.

I have been here for a minute and see enough basketball that I can call it as I see it. And yes, I am calling out the homers!!!!

Also, trying to give credit to some of the other programs, teams and leagues in the northbay that I get a chance to see and assess that do get overlooked by a lot of the commenters on this forum.

That said, I agree with you northbaybbguru The proof for a lot of the nbay teams will be how they handle sectionals and not get bounced after the first game!
Homer Simpson?

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
Monty advances over Vallejo per ncs. No surprise there. Newman in a dog fight right now with American canyon

any predications or thoughts on Montgomery vs Alameda in round 2?
Nbl has not done that well lately. I like Montgomery because they play d and have size. However, alameda has played a tougher schedule and I could easily see them coming up to Viking dome and winning on the road. I think it will be a very close game in the 50’s. I will take the hornets stinging them 55-53

Nbl has not done that well lately. I like Montgomery because they play d and have size. However, alameda has played a tougher schedule and I could easily see them coming up to Viking dome and winning on the road. I think it will be a very close game in the 50’s. I will take the hornets stinging them 55-53
Petaluma plays with a chip on their shoulder, don't count them out. Alameda faces Montgomery on the road in the matinee game at 530, whoever makes their free throws will prevail. Lots of predictions riding on those two... Redwood is a really solid team. We might be visiting www.upsetcity.com with American Canyon as the dog against Salesian...

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
Petaluma plays with a chip on their shoulder, don't count them out. Alameda faces Montgomery on the road in the matinee game at 530, whoever makes their free throws will prevail. Lots of predictions riding on those two... Redwood is a really solid team. We might be visiting www.upsetcity.com with American Canyon as the dog against Salesian...

will st Vincent’s visit upsetcity on the road against cloverdale ? Big night!

That American Canyon v. Salesian game, being played at the nice big gym atPinole Valley HS, is the game I chose to get a ticket for tomorrow. I think it’ll be a really good one!

I remember when Bonfigli told me he was going to do it that year he petitioned up. We were at a CN football game and I pleaded with him NOT to do it. He said he thought it gave CN a better chance to make the Norcals. That year there was Salesian, St Joe's and SPSV in d4. I told him Salesian and SJ would get pulled to the OPEN and there was no need to do it. I told him if he did he/CN would never play for a state championship ever again because D2 was a blood bath in norcals and CN would have no chance of getting there and that D4 norcals WAS SIGNIFICANTLY EASIER....he just had to get to the D4 norcals and he would have a shot every year... Of course anyone that knows Tom knows he has all the answers and refused to listen. CN HASNT WON A SECTION PLAYOFF GAME SINCE HE MADE THE MOVE TO D2....NOT ONE!!!
It was a chickensh** move on his part and he did it to "game" the system thinking he do it for one year and then petition back to D4. Gil Lemon told him to pound sand, that CN is staying in D2 the following season...didnt allow Bonfigli/CN to move back down to D4. Tom fu**ed the program...all because he tried to avoid the competition.

***here's the ironic part... that SAME season the CN program got backdoored into the NorCals in D2 despite losing their 1st section game after a bunch of d2 teams got pulled up to the STATE OPEN and that was the year CN went on that run in Norcals as a 12? 13? 14? seed (i don't remember) .... if he had just stayed in d4? Salesian and St Joe's DID get pulled to the OPEN (like I said it would happen) and CN would had made the D4 norcals and ( in my opinion) most likely would have ended up playing SPSV in the Norcal D4 finals to go to the D4 state championship game as D4 that year was pretty weak.

He completely zooed it up...COMPLETELY screwed the boys program....such a weak ass move on his part.

I have no doubt that the Bonfigli apologists will come on her and defend him but I will say this again...

I PERSONALLY TALKED TO HIM AT THAT CN FOOTBALL GAME...

HE TOLD ME EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE ON HERE IN THE THREAD.

I BEGGED HIM NOT TO DO IT...

HE...WOULDNT... LISTEN...

and again...CN HASNT WON A SECTION PLAYOFF GAME SINCE HE OPTED UP TO D2...

Reactions: Bitter Branson Fan
Yeah that wasn’t smart! CN
Is not a d2 hoop team! They do well in baseball and football at these rupe
Levels but not hoops.
thx for the walk down memory lane!

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Monty winner!
52-37

good win by the boys on the eastside!

it's a boys/girls doubleheader...

Monty girls vs Ukiah in game 2...a NBL team moves on regardless...

so after week 1 in the sections...

Monty left on the boys side..

CN, Analy and (updated) Monty left on girl's side.

Last edited:
@larry legend33 ,

9 points allowed in the first half? Can't believe you took the Hornets, Even TuChalk Shakur, @northbaybbguru would have went with the Vikes at home based on the seeding, wait he had them as a five and not a four... so that was a pretty big upset...

Can you catch defensive lightning in a bottle?

Warm Regards,

Homer...

Reactions: larry legend33
@larry legend33 ,

9 points allowed in the first half? Can't believe you took the Hornets, Even TuChalk Shakur, @northbaybbguru would have went with the Vikes at home based on the seeding, wait he had them as a five and not a four... so that was a pretty big upset...

Can you catch defensive lightning in a bottle?

Warm Regards,

Homer...
Dear Homer...

Lightning in a bottle ends weds night...and as a 4seed there will be no at large bid extended to your Monty boys. The good news? 1) They made it deeper in the sections than any NBL boys team has made in quite awhile. 2) your squad is the preseason/early favorite in league for next year. 3) your girls have a legit shot vs Northgate.

Dear Homer...

Lightning in a bottle ends weds night...and as a 4seed there will be no at large bid extended to your Monty boys. The good news? 1) They made it deeper in the sections than any NBL boys team has made in quite awhile. 2) your squad is the preseason/early favorite in league for next year. 3) your girls have a legit shot vs Northgate.
Guru… no faith on the road vs SRV? C‘’mon..
Be a tall order. I think Monty hangs the entire game though. Guru, newman returns almost entire team? Gotta think they are favorites but need a 6”5-6”6 transfer. No size and need to clean up shot selection. Too much 1:1.

Be a tall order. I think Monty hangs the entire game though. Guru, newman returns almost entire team? Gotta think they are favorites but need a 6”5-6”6 transfer. No size and need to clean up shot selection. Too much 1:1.
Transfer Portal opens up 3/1/22...

Not even 24 hours removed from a home win and advancing to the semifinals and @northbaybbguru is just eviscerating the Vikes chances of an upset at SRV...You cold, Guru! You Cold!

No doubt that Justin has gotten better than they have been in the past with some transfers that came in the last year...but please look at some of their early season competition before getting too far ahead - I watch a lot of ball up here and 4 of those wins were against teams with very poor records. Also, overlooked on a regular basis are some teams and players in the VVAL and NBL the past 2 yrs. These teams and players get overlooked because it is the NorthBay. MCAL will be good with the top 4 teams - the bottom 5 have sub .500 records.
OldAD - Transfers? Who are the transfers?

Be a tall order. I think Monty hangs the entire game though. Guru, newman returns almost entire team? Gotta think they are favorites but need a 6”5-6”6 transfer. No size and need to clean up shot selection. Too much

Not even 24 hours removed from a home win and advancing to the semifinals and @northbaybbguru is just eviscerating the Vikes chances of an upset at SRV...You cold, Guru! You Cold!
I was catching crap for giving the vikes too much love...had to balance the scales 😜

SRV has a training table 5 feet away from their 25 chair bench...lol. Did they have a JV team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT