ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan Wins the 61st Annual Crusader Classic !

jordan24

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2002
cJ0BdYTdN5x5spLb4tRESesR3KfEUNfnns3YuHqP3kOL0HD55qz19iv9jbrj4orarRuPLHPJV9BYZzJoB85rDp3JQc0QzLSLzdwxmjyBsJ0ay3zR2csbg0NRpVvr_vPmCvBHpRoGLppWEqgXVsHhkTbqFopImZaoCWafu4fmrtXtJhTp_tlMskRnPk39lEEeiJBYuoHiBWUBFjrwrYi0GDTCAxW1LqNlR3UJNvorVgMCh465HC8z9uXrrwsiLYxbTKEkPvb9pCK03H54IH9KNbeMxPFfSwu7ta84OkWSu5zg85CLSPrSRNCjYy74RhlEdRSneaM31ymcuiiEwmAcBB0p4-GqCuTzk18kF6yrO5xIzz48zWM1-zyEaHJQPzgu5q9iPV4ZOw8qf-GDmcuaWdXhjtcQtUnML7EH0qKi-64RpFF9ooZl09m0LJkbHZLbbwIO58zfR21Xn-_PjmUr6VSmTXcBgsrjUJ_axBV3L98wnOC8LuGrRvXgkowVFl29vy8DJMHvZjx_fsVuqHAbjIKzF5nD7cmWPNuEDjI0XS7DzrVmDjP3mRXWWTtlKzjgokyWd5IEq4c68xCRr9N-EQa7nAzKJyn3jq6efr4Dpyl5lk_x36vDyAOSODtcEFwK7TuYalwnl7dFruhX0lX0evvuimuhZ16MPkpJ1Cnj38T6IWJlWhSYDA=w1242-h1130-no

Last edited:
Its their prerogative to set up tourney. I think its great that they have at least two city schools in tourney. Big break for KIPP (schools makes great strides academically within community), and I believe Mission will be down for first time in years simply because they are an unknown quantity with their junior/senior class. Regardless, Crusader Classic is ALWAYS a nice way to start off the new season. Their concession stand alone is worth price of admission.

Gridley First Round

Capitol Christian vs Riordan
St.Pats vs Dublin

Salesian vs Gridley
Campolindo vs Weston Ranch
Is this forsure or a prediction. Because it’d be really odd for Campo and WR to play against each other at 0-1 and Dublin and St pats to play 1-0 when they both won big at Newark. Would rather see Dublin-Campo and WR SPSV.

Is this forsure or a prediction. Because it’d be really odd for Campo and WR to play against each other at 0-1 and Dublin and St pats to play 1-0 when they both won big at Newark. Would rather see Dublin-Campo and WR SPSV.
I have the Bracket so pretty sure unless coaches call and complain and they change it.

Top half of bracket heavily stacked I know some of these teams are already playing
each other and st pats and salesian are in the same league so you have to split
Those two up but geesh will anybody from the top bracket have anything left come day 3 while salesian has a very favorable draw.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Salesian - Riordan final with Crusaders by 3.
Had high hopes for Campo this season but after Sat loss. Look too small for Salesian and losing best athlete & leading scorer was very noticeable.

Salesian - Riordan final with Crusaders by 3.
Had high hopes for Campo this season but after Sat loss. Look too small for Salesian and losing best athlete & leading scorer was very noticeable.
They looked too small for Mitty, but only lost by 2. IMO, it’ll take strong, physical guards to beat Campo this year; not size. They’ll exploit teams with bigs with their outside shooting and ability to get in the paint with their dribble drives from any position. Also, they’ll kill anyone that goes zone. I can see them beating Salesian especially since the twins are no longer there.

KIPP? Really? Did some school drop out. They usually have that pretty good team from Santa Maria.
I understand that was the case that a school had dropped out. I recall a post that Riordan had a last minute spot open for the Crusader Classic.
Mission and SHP are always competitive and well coached. SRV comes from the tough EBAL. SPSV is a top 10 team in NorCal as they looked very impressive in a 35 point win over Moreau at the Tip-off classic last Saturday. SPSV has 4 star 6-11 Dishon Jackson and jr 6-1 Jalen Scott and 6-4 jr Jaden Alexander. Those three combined for 69 points.
If the bracket favorites hold true - this year's Crusader Classic Championship will be a great matchup for Bay Area Prep hoops fans to see.
Here's the link to tonight's first round game:

Last edited:
Reactions: ayalar09
I think people would be stunned if the final wasn’t SPSV vs Riordan. And that game will be one heck of a matchup!

Nice to be back in the Forum. Nice new display on Kevin Restani on bridge. Mission-Berkeley game came down to who wanted it least. Very sloppy. Will give leeway to early season jitters. Riordan looked impressive physically. Game started with 4 tech FT awarded to Mills for two pre-game dunks by Riordan. I believe only points they scored in first half (or close to it). Riordan played solid D. Mills had primary penetration only to pull up due to Riordan bigs in paint. Was pointless to attack basket. Hard to gauge Riordan's offensive output. Wasn't very fluid for first 3 qtrs. Don't get me wrong, they got all the pieces, including some decent reserves, just need time to get chemistry going. I'm hoping they play up to their competition. The 7 footer is young yet mature for his age. Still raw, but lots of potential. Nice to see they have Tofi on bench to help bigs. Still see them easily making it to finals but Mission will make them work a little harder. Saw Monroe go down hard late in third - hope he's ok. Looked like bumped his head. Curious if concussion possible. Nice evening of basketball.

Just watched that Riordan-Mills game... Strange contest... 0-25 total of both teams from 3-land in the first half! All of Riordan's first-half buckets came from layups and putbacks...

And Mills was held scoreless in the first half except for three technical-foul FT's before the game started. Mills battles hard, tho... They have nobody taller than 6'1", yet hung in there with their zone and Riordan's tough night shooting the rock.

Thought this might be a let down game after last Saturday as the Crusaders came out flat on the offensive end, but eventually rolled in a running clock win against the Vikings. As Coach Monroe mentioned, this team only returns two starters so everyone is still finding their roles and figuring out best roster combinations. Success of the team will always be on defense with the combination of Riordan's speed, length and height. John Tofi is now on the Riordan coaching staff and look forward to seeing the development of the Crusader bigs. As far as playing up to their competition, they did a good job in earning the win against a taller and talented JSerra squad in their season opener last Saturday @ NorCal Tip-off.
Competition gets tougher moving forward with games vs a quick and well-coached Mission team, a potential colossal matchup in the Crusader Classic championship game vs SPSV and the upcoming Gridley Tourney next week where Riordan opens up against Capital Christian.

Reactions: CityVibesII
Thought this might be a let down game after last Saturday as the Crusaders came out flat on the offensive end, but eventually rolled in a running clock win against the Vikings. As Coach Monroe mentioned, this team only returns two starters so everyone is still finding their roles and figuring out best roster combinations. Success of the team will always be on defense with the combination of Riordan's speed, length and height. John Tofi is now on the Riordan coaching staff and look forward to seeing the development of the Crusader bigs. As far as playing up to their competition, they did a good job in earning the win against a taller and talented JSerra squad in their season opener last Saturday @ NorCal Tip-off.
Competition gets tougher moving forward with games vs a quick and well-coached Mission team, a potential colossal matchup in the Crusader Classic championship game vs SPSV and the upcoming Gridley Tourney next week where Riordan opens up against Capital Christian.
But before the Gridley tourney, NorCal Top 10 team Weston Ranch travels to the CIty to play RIordan on Tuesday night. Good to see that they are challenging themselves vs quality teams.

Reactions: CityVibesII
This Riordan/Mills game was a complete parity. I laughed at how this became the lets just lob it up to Seck and see him throw it down on the 5'10 guy. Which in all honesty, thats what I wanted to see. It doesnt necessarily add any value to Riordan running a play like that because the outcome is expected. They are such a deep team this year, I'd expect the starters to be done no later than halftime and let the 2nd/3rd stringers get time which was the case.

Looking forward to the Seck/Dishon Johnson matchup. Will be a good measuring stick.

This Riordan/Mills game was a complete parity. I laughed at how this became the lets just lob it up to Seck and see him throw it down on the 5'10 guy. Which in all honesty, thats what I wanted to see. It doesnt necessarily add any value to Riordan running a play like that because the outcome is expected. They are such a deep team this year, I'd expect the starters to be done no later than halftime and let the 2nd/3rd stringers get time which was the case.

Looking forward to the Seck/Dishon Johnson matchup. Will be a good measuring stick.
Agreed. I was really impressed with how Mor Seck played in his first game w/Riordan vs. JSerra's two 7-foot seniors. He has good instincts for the ball, and runs the court well. He rebounds, blocks shots, and makes most of his free throws. Great job so far.

Reactions: ayalar09

You must not have seen the game vs JSerra on Saturday. That was a legitimate first game measuring stick. You should look at that teams roster, size and the amount of D1 basketball players they have. JSerra is a very good SoCal team with two D1 big men, 6'11" Francisco Borra and 7' Hugo Clarkin along with their D1 Utah commit Ian Martinez. Their only other loss is to Centennial whose only loss is by single digits to Sheldon. Seck and the Riordan bigs played well and the Bryce Monroe vs Ian Martinez battle ended with Monroe getting 30+ points and the Player of the Game award.

You must not have seen the game vs JSerra on Saturday. That was a legitimate first game measuring stick. You should look at that teams roster, size and the amount of D1 basketball players they have. JSerra is a very good SoCal team with two D1 big men, 6'11" Francisco Borra and 7' Hugo Clarkin along with their D1 Utah commit Ian Martinez. Their only other loss is to Centennial whose only loss is by single digits to Sheldon. Seck and the Riordan bigs played well and the Bryce Monroe vs Ian Martinez battle ended with Monroe getting 30+ points and the Player of the Game award.
Plus he's a sophomore.

Simmer down. Jserra will not be a top 20 team in SoCal. They looked great on paper but it’s just not there. Looking at there roster I had them top 10. After watching them play they are about 22-25.

Simmer down. Jserra will not be a top 20 team in SoCal. They looked great on paper but it’s just not there. Looking at there roster I had them top 10. After watching them play they are about 22-25.

They (JSerra) were missing a starter and the most athletic player who transferred from Chicago? Apparently kid can go and has a crazy vert? Anyone know more details? They’re a top 20 squad without a doubt. They have 20 plus kids on the varsity roster, insane and they all travel odd.

They (JSerra) were missing a starter and the most athletic player who transferred from Chicago? Apparently kid can go and has a crazy vert? Anyone know more details? They’re a top 20 squad without a doubt. They have 20 plus kids on the varsity roster, insane and they all travel odd.
1) sierra Canyon
2) mater dei
3) SJB
4) rancho Christian
5) cen10
6) etiwanda
7) westchester
8) Damien
9) Fairfax
10) bishop mont.
11) windward
12) Mayfair
13) st Augustine
14) norte dame Sherman oaks
15) Santa Clarita Christian

I couldn’t find them in my top 15. Not yet. Maybe later on in the season. ND (so) is they only toss up I have. The rest would easily beat what I have seen from jserra. I’m probably missing a few Easy ones too. Also it’s easy to travel when your a private school with $$$$$$

Last edited:
1) sierra Canyon
2) mater dei
3) SJB
4) rancho Christian
5) cen10
6) etiwanda
7) westchester
8) Damien
9) Fairfax
10) bishop mont.
11) windward
12) Mayfair
13) st Augustine

I couldn’t find them in my top 15. Not yet. Maybe later on in the season. ND (so) is they only toss up I have. The rest would easily beat what I have seen from jserra. I’m probably missing a few Easy ones too. Also it’s easy to travel when your a private school with $$$$$$
Cal-Hi Sports had JSerra ranked #17 in its pre season State rankings:
https://www.calhisports.com/2019/11/17/preseason-boys-bb-ranks-part-2-6/

SPSV playing without starting point guard
Will he be available for the weekend? Hope he's ok.

Crusader Classic Semi-Finals Fri Night
SPSV vs San Ramon Valley @ 6pm
Riordan vs Mission @ 7:30pm

1) sierra Canyon
2) mater dei
3) SJB
4) rancho Christian
5) cen10
6) etiwanda
7) westchester
8) Damien
9) Fairfax
10) bishop mont.
11) windward
12) Mayfair
13) st Augustine

I couldn’t find them in my top 15. Not yet. Maybe later on in the season. ND (so) is they only toss up I have. The rest would easily beat what I have seen from jserra.
Cal-Hi Sports had JSerra ranked #17 in its pre season State rankings:
https://www.calhisports.com/2019/11/17/preseason-boys-bb-ranks-part-2-6/
Could you tell me where Rancho Christian was ranked? And then I can tell you rankings mean 0. You have to play the game. It was a nice column though, I bit the first time I read it too. Then I saw them play.

Reactions: jordan24
Could you tell me where Rancho Christian was ranked? And then I can tell you rankings mean 0. You have to play the game. It was a nice column though, I bit the first time I read it too. Then I saw them play.
Agree. You have to play the game.

Reactions: FLAGRANT
1) sierra Canyon
2) mater dei
3) SJB
4) rancho Christian
5) cen10
6) etiwanda
7) westchester
8) Damien
9) Fairfax
10) bishop mont.
11) windward
12) Mayfair
13) st Augustine

You have rancho at #4 yet they already lost to #5 cen10 and #15 Santa Clarita christian

1) sierra Canyon
2) mater dei
3) SJB
4) rancho Christian
5) cen10
6) etiwanda
7) westchester
8) Damien
9) Fairfax
10) bishop mont.
11) windward
12) Mayfair
13) st Augustine

No Sheldon in your top 15 ok.

Reactions: jordan24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT