ADVERTISEMENT

Serra v Riordan game at 1:30 Saturday

I know the crusaders recruited most of these guys this summer but you think with an O line that has offers from USC, USC, Arizona and Florida, a QB that has on offer from Cal and WR's with offers from Penn State and Michigan they could do better than scoring seven points against Serra's second string defense. They were actually outscored by Serra's second string offense 10-7. The Crusaders might have been able to put up more points but unfortunately, it was a running clock the entire fourth quarter.
It’s really potential and what people see these kids ending up at (wild ass guess) vs seasoned hs players who quite frankly are just better today.

No narrative. Just facts. Riordan got destroyed. Last year lost 45-7 and with all your transfers you took a step backwards with a 53-7 loss this year. Setting up a potential CCS rematch. Best get on that phone/to the ATM to add more defensive players for next year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . Looking forward to this weekend's Instagram video of highlights/hype!!!
Looking forward to that Irish highlight reel from last night as well.

• Haha
Reactions: sylvan and ARHS92
No narrative. Just facts. Riordan got destroyed. Last year lost 45-7 and with all your transfers you took a step backwards with a 53-7 loss this year. Setting up a potential CCS rematch. Best get on that phone/to the ATM to add more defensive players for next year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . Looking forward to this weekend's Instagram video of highlights/hype!!!
WOW,… both SHC poster and SI lurker our excited that Riordan lost to the Serra….dreading the #KingsOfKezar crown???

Is this WHAT your ex GFs do because you are with Hallie Berry. C’Mon Man,.. they are even trolling your IG,…

Is that why Elon has the “block mode”; LMAO

Last edited:
It's a highlight for me that QB Sargent has the wherewithal to scramble out of pocket to prolong play and if he has nothing he throws it away to avoid sack.
Ah yes. A transfer (err “mercenary”). Yet got blasted by SI in front of 8000 people.

• Haha
Reactions: sylvan
Since when did transfers become such a factor? They didn’t seem to make up the majority of starting lineups on teams like they do now on Riordan when I was involved with WCAL football in the early/mid 2010s. This is my first fall back on the Peninsula since moving abroad several years ago so I’ve been out of the loop for a while.

It was clear after watching the game live today that two things stood out. A lot of these guys with offers at Riordan are not the level of player that matches the offer. Follow these guys and these offers will turn out to be smoke and mirrors, I’m calling BS on them. I’m still not sure what Riordan is doing on defense, they line up like one would at Disneyland, all over the place.

It was clear after watching the game live today that two things stood out. A lot of these guys with offers at Riordan are not the level of player that matches the offer. Follow these guys and these offers will turn out to be smoke and mirrors, I’m calling BS on them. I’m still not sure what Riordan is doing on defense, they line up like one would at Disneyland, all over the place.
Both QB and Left Tackle.are sophomores. They start a lot of Juniors as well Petty sure only two seniors on o-line. I’ll take this team over Serras team next year. Serra graduating what, 80% of their starters? Big decline next year.

Sargent went 25-40, 252 passing yards and 2 TD with 26 rushing yards... yup! he totally got blasted there! ... STUPID!
Scoreboard. 0-8. I like the young QB.
But he’s a mercenary in your own words, since that’s what you call transfers. Name calling? Are you 12? Looking forward to Stanfel Trophy Game in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
after 6 quarters of #R vs #Your Padre 46-0
@rwccaptain42,

You are “who’s Ur Daddy”, I have respect to your post and tip my cap to you & the Serra Juggernaut; that they are,…

But be honest, can you roll over IN your bed with SO many Riordan denialist taking up room & stealing the covers;Lmao

But he’s a mercenary in your own words, since that’s what you call transfers. Name calling? Are you 12? Looking forward to Stanfel Trophy Game in 2 weeks.
@ArmchairGOAT,

Denialism has infiltrated OUR WHOLE world, self proclaimed their own mercenary IS a player with a bag ON another field.

I have truly seen A FEW consistent traits Of a denialist:
#FalseNarriatives
#INNUENDOS
#Untouchw/Reality
#NotaPrinceFan

You could not get this material Off SNL;Lol

Last edited:
Both QB and Left Tackle.are sophomores. They start a lot of Juniors as well Petty sure only two seniors on o-line. I’ll take this team over Serras team next year. Serra graduating what, 80% of their starters? Big decline next year.
if we are talking about best team next year it looks like Folsom to me. Very young team. JV 8-0, frosh 7-1 with only loss to maybe the best frosh team in Calif. (Serra) . Folsom is only team that gave Serra a game this year and will be much better next year.
I don’t see Riordan passing up Serra next year though. Walsh style trumps the razzle/dazzle crusaders.

Transfers happen. Not against them. You want to move, your choice, your life. A couple transfers each year is just par for the course. When you have double digit transfers, who are you kidding? We know whats going on.

Irish are what they are. No arguments there. You cant argue that Coach Evans still gets the kids to play hard. You see very little sulking, finger-pointing, bad body language. Kids out there playing football and having fun doing it in spite of losing record.

Youre looking forward to that? We all know whats going to happen and its not going to be pretty. Riordan has to pad their record breaking stats season after almost a nothing burger vs Serra.

Transfers happen. Not against them. You want to move, your choice, your life. A couple transfers each year is just par for the course. When you have double digit transfers, who are you kidding? We know whats going on.

Irish are what they are. No arguments there. You cant argue that Coach Evans still gets the kids to play hard. You see very little sulking, finger-pointing, bad body language. Kids out there playing football and having fun doing it in spite of losing record.

Youre looking forward to that? We all know whats going to happen and its not going to be pretty. Riordan has to pad their record breaking stats season after almost a nothing burger vs Serra.
I like the whole, Kumbaya Theme”,… BUT IT isn’t working Or flying without True Board Pundits calling BS.

Don’t want to look past Riordan vs St.Francis match, seeding IS still important.
But Too be Honest,…I can’t Wait for a Can Of WhipA$$ to be opened, under the FridayNightLights that Riordan captures the #KingOfKezar Crown @thatStadium. But there are certain things that happen that let you know; “God must have been a linemen”, the need for blocking & tackling has been his specialty; I pray,…

Last edited:
Serra's overwhelming run through the WCAL this year, much of it based on an unyielding defense, places it as, arguably, the best in the school's football history. Is it the best defense ever in what is today the Central Coast Section? There are good arguments both for and against. Two worthy unbeaten (9-0) challengers to that claim performed in the 1960s: Sequoia in 1960 and Bellarmine in 1965. The Cherokees, ranked No.1 in California that year, were so stout they allowed just 25 net rushing yards per game, or less than one yard per carry. The Bells (another top state unit), five years later, permitted zero touchdowns on defense. The only TD by an opponent occurred when St. Mary's of Berkeley picked off a Bellarmine pass and scored. We understand that this was a different era. No playoffs. Few pass attempts. Rudimentary scouting. Few assistant coaches. Few transfers. Nonetheless, the achievements of Sequoia and Bellarmine (and some others) have stood the test of time.

I like the whole, Kumbaya Theme”,… BUT IT isn’t working Or flying without True Board Pundits calling BS.

Don’t want to look past Riordan vs St.Francis match, seeding IS still important.
But Too be Honest,…I can’t Wait for a Can Of WhipA$$ to be opened, under the FridayNightLights that Riordan captures the #KingOfKezar Crown @thatStadium. But there are certain things that happen that let you know; “God must have been a linemen”, the need for blocking & tackling has been his specialty; I pray,…
Just a modest query: Are AAA schools involved in the mythical "Kings of Kezar" conversation?

Reactions: bronzeage

It's great to have J Square back on the board and the bandwagon

Just a modest query: Are AAA schools involved in the mythical "Kings of Kezar" conversation?
This crown was generated (Cal-Hi message board) after coach Lee, didn’t want to acknowledge or give up the inter-city faith/based trophy (Stanfel Cup sp?). I believe Coach Lee, has just lost the FB portion of the Bruce; the week before.

C’Mon,…you do not remember the squads actually breaking into fistacuffs?

It's great to have J Square back on the board and the bandwagon
Did I miss a J Square post? Was going at it w him back in 05-07 on the board. Heard rumors but being respectful..... # SFCity was possibly getting his First Communion that year. Justa guess ... I think its great R is doing good. True wcal fans want all the lads to win with the exception of when you play them. We cheer for WCAL domination in the CCS/State.

The Rumors are True, J2 developed into J3 or TripleJ as Bennett coined,..after some very exciting years & post college landscape development, but NOT forgetting & learning the We R Sparta approach.

@SFcityfan is “where I have landed” IN this age Of Retirement and time Of simple Enjoyment of the Game,..

Riordan truly has #NewAttitude & moving to the #NextEpisode that has been ushered Into a Co-Ed existence. I am actually Humbled by the new Reardon Community ;lol

I truly feel Riordan football IS learning to walk before they RUN, youth showed up vs. Serra and I am VERY COMFORTABLE; as a potential shortcoming.

There still some Unfinished business On the Riordan table; #KingsOfKezar & finishing #TheGuanlet. But their are some New Stables added to the Riordan menu and #PurpleRiegn IS ONE Of THEM

#WCALDominanceIsAlwaystheEndGame!

Mahalo, my friend

Last edited:
I don’t hear BS being called but I do take offense at Smoke & Mirrors.
I believe there are only two seniors and one recieved/committed to Boise St, That is The Real Deal,…
What you saw at Serra was age with A youthful group,…
I would put up Riordan’s future college student/athlete list: today & tomorrow vs any team IN THE WCAL

NO Coach,…works harder to get his players to the college (next) level
Note: maybe that is WHY student/athletes are coming to Riordan to play for coach A-Rav & coach J-Curtin

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I don’t hear BS being called but I do take offense at Smoke & Mirrors.
I believe there are only two seniors and one recieved/committed to Boise St, That is The Real Deal,…
What you saw at Serra was age with A youthful group,…
I would put up Riordan’s future college student/athlete list: today & tomorrow vs any team IN THE WCAL

NO Coach,…works harder to get his players to the college (next) level
Note: maybe that is WHY student/athletes are coming to Riordan to play for coach A-Rav & coach J-Curtin
Average power 5 offers 150+ more than the total amount of scholarships available it very much is often a game of smoke and mirrors. I’ve been saying this for years. For some it ends up fine but others will feel the harsh reality of big money college football.
The eye test to me matters a lot. Does the kid just jump out at you when you go see him for first time? If not he better be 6”6 300 lineman.

Good statistical data, but If Riordan Students /Athletes are receiving those Offer(S), and the other programs around them ARE NOT?

“Doesn’t THAT shout out To You that these Riordan student/athletes Are Talented Enough & Have the GPA Potential to Play or be Recruited in that “Magical P5 Window”,

I also want to point out that your comprehension MAY be OFF POINT of quoted Post, that I replied to,…”It was on the Ability Of the HC and Staff vs. Recruiting In HS Prep football”,..as smoke & mirrors,…remember this week’s match vs. @Lancers for 2nd place IN the mythological WCAL,…that IS the Smoke Or Fire

But since we are discussing “Smoke & Mirrors “, please allow me to also address the mirror side of that paradigm. Coach A-Rav has systematic & promotion exposure approach to give his players to Exposure to FBS & FCS NCAA programs.
IF that IS creating A Looking Glass (mirror) Moment that has Student/Athletes who Wanting to be In/the Riordan/Coach A-Rav world,….please allow ME A SMILINGLY Cat Moment and reflective in my post.

But the Best/Final poised Question IS?,…
”Your Eyes test is ???”

#NoCoachWorksHarder4TheirPlayers
#NewApproach&Attitude
#HSprepStudent/AthletesPlaying AtNextLevel

Last edited:
  • Haha
Good statistical data, but If Riordan Students /Athletes are receiving those Offer(S), and the other programs around them ARE NOT?

“Doesn’t THAT shout out To You that these Riordan student/athletes Are Talented Enough & Have the GPA Potential to Play or be Recruited in that “Magical P5 Window”,

I also want to point out that your comprehension MAY be OFF POINT of quoted Post, that I replied to,…”It was on the Ability Of the HC and Staff vs. Recruiting In HS Prep football”,..as smoke & mirrors,…remember this week’s match vs. @Lancers for 2nd place IN the mythological WCAL,…that IS the Smoke Or Fire

But since we are discussing “Smoke & Mirrors “, please allow me to also address the mirror side of that paradigm. Coach A-Rav has systematic & promotion exposure approach to give his players to Exposure to FBS & FCS NCAA programs.
IF that IS creating A Looking Glass (mirror) Moment that has Student/Athletes who Wanting to be In/the Riordan/Coach A-Rav world,….please allow ME A SMILINGLY Cat Moment and reflective in my post.

But the Best/Final poised Question IS?,…
”Your Eyes test is ???”

#NoCoachWorksHarder4TheirPlayers
#NewApproach&Attitude
#HSprepStudent/AthletesPlaying AtNextLevel
TOPCAT!!!! Life is goooooodd i feel Dion Coach Prime Time around here

• Haha
Class act!

“I’m glad that this is a rivalry game for us.”

“I’m proud of coach Adhir and their effort in San Francisco to be a great program. They’re young. We’re probably going to see them again. It will probably be different. If we don’t see them this year, we’re going to see them every year.”
-Patrick Walsh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT