ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2022 Projections

Is this suppose to be NorCals version of the trinity league or something? Where are the West Oakland and lower income schools at? Whole lotta San Francisco and Silicon Valley area schools on this list. I wonder how many of the kids dads are working tech or VC.

Any early thoughts?

the way I see it….

1) Serra
2) BCP
3) SF
4) VC
5) SHC
6) Riordan
7) SI
8) Mitty

curious to get everyone else’s thoughts and people talking 💭
Pretty good list IMO. I might flip Bellarmine and St Francis.

Good to see some excitement building at SHC and Riordan.

Reactions: Scott2138
Pretty good list IMO. I might flip Bellarmine and St Francis.

Good to see some excitement building at SHC and Riordan.
Same streak. That preseason game Serra vs Folsom will be a battle. But def looks like Serra building off from last year.

Reactions: M.C. fan
1. Saint Francis
2. Serra
3. Riordan
4. Valley Christian
5. Bellarmine
6. Saint Ignatius
7. Sacred Heart Prep
8. Mitty

Is this suppose to be NorCals version of the trinity league or something? Where are the West Oakland and lower income schools at? Whole lotta San Francisco and Silicon Valley area schools on this list. I wonder how many of the kids dads are working tech or VC.

I don't think there is a version of the trinity league anywhere else in California. The WCAL is made up of private school teams that compete in the playoffs at multiple different levels A/B/C leagues. SHC won a state bowl game at the lower level this past year, do any of the trinity league teams go down to the B & C leagues during the playoffs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I don't think there is a version of the trinity league anywhere else in California. The WCAL is made up of private school teams that compete in the playoffs at multiple different levels A/B/C leagues. SHC won a state bowl game at the lower level this past year, do any of the trinity league teams go down to the B & C leagues during the playoffs?
I think only O Lu did last year and they won CIF SS but lost in a regional bowl game to Cathedral Catholic which played and beat the mighty Folsom Bulldawgs. If another trinity league teams goes to the bowl game besides the Open, my money would be on Santa Margarita. They are loaded this year but not enough to overcome the old money powers Mater Dei and Bosco. SM now has a top 2024 recruit from Georgia and a top 2025 recruit internet sensation Tyler Parker, along with a ton of players from Servite who transferred in due to the scandal at their school.

I think only O Lu did last year and they won CIF SS but lost in a regional bowl game to Cathedral Catholic which played and beat the mighty Folsom Bulldawgs. If another trinity league teams goes to the bowl game besides the Open, my money would be on Santa Margarita. They are loaded this year but not enough to overcome the old money powers Mater Dei and Bosco. SM now has a top 2024 recruit from Georgia and a top 2025 recruit internet sensation Tyler Parker, along with a ton of players from Servite who transferred in due to the scandal at their school.
The Trinity League, for all practical purposes, is the SEC of prep football in the Golden State.

Reactions: QPRTrinity
The Trinity League, for all practical purposes, is the SEC of prep football in the Golden State.
Players from as far away as the Inland Empire compete at Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. However, big lineman Raymond Pulido (6-5, 320) - who transferred from Apple Valley High last semester to SJB -- has left the Bellflower school and is now back in the High Desert, I trust the Brave program will muddle by.

Players from as far away as the Inland Empire compete at Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. However, big lineman Raymond Pulido (6-5, 320) - who transferred from Apple Valley High last semester to SJB -- has left the Bellflower school and is now back in the High Desert, I trust the Brave program will muddle by.

What do those Trinity League schools have (or what are they doing) that other schools don't have or can't do?

Is it the open commitment to the sport of football?

I just noticed how a trinity league comment has taken over a WCAL discussion. Trinity league has taken over everything football related. They are the new DLS.

I could care less about hearing about the trinity league. Don’t they have forums down there?
Back on topic. @‘Jordan, that was a good list and I as well hope as well hope RMBR26 comes back

Predicting a 2022 WCAL order of finish is premature. We don't know much at all about transfers. We know little about a Riordan roster, let alone the Mitty situation. Serra will be strong again. But the Padres lost a lot from their 2021 unit. We should know more by Aug. 20.

Reactions: jordan24
@WCAL75 I’m basing the order of finish based on returning players. #’s 3 - 6 could be a tossup. I do like @LechDeMiPalo’s list too.
Rmbr26, what say you?!?

Predicting a 2022 WCAL order of finish is premature. We don't know much at all about transfers. We know little about a Riordan roster, let alone the Mitty situation. Serra will be strong again. But the Padres lost a lot from their 2021 unit. We should know more by Aug. 20.
Have the Bells landed a QB coach for this season? Saw an opening posted in June.

Is this suppose to be NorCals version of the trinity league or something?
Similar in that all members, except one, are Catholic schools. TAL has Orange Lutheran and WCAL has Valley Christian. But that is about where the comparisons stop. WCAL has 8 members and TAL has 6 members. There are numerous other factors that show huge differences in the leagues and their greater communities.

@colhenrylives. I believe that this is thread is about early projections to gain information rather than the end of the season playoff predictions.

Any early thoughts?

the way I see it….

1) Serra
2) BCP
3) SF
4) VC
5) SHC
6) Riordan
7) SI
8) Mitty

curious to get everyone else’s thoughts and people talking 💭
Serra clearly the top dog (although SF has been their nemesis). Any chance SH leaps VC to become top 4? SI looking that down? Any life in Mitty?

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I have a feel tI the Mater Dei bs. Bishop Gorman will be a pretty close game. Much anticipated.

Reactions: THEOC89
Are there any key transfers into or out of the WCAL that anyone is aware of? I had heard through the grapevine of a player named Sokai moving 70 miles north from Monterey HS to VCHS
According to an interview with Coach Walsh, the WCAL schools don't recruit 🤣😂. Said something about "takes away from the high school football experience"

They highly recruit. I mean you should have seen when Serra pulled in Barry Bonds and Tom Brady. Brady grew up 5 blocks away and Bonds was a hop skip and jump from the school as well. But recruiting those two was fierce. Serra was lucky to land them.

So until you bring up recruits on such a level from the Trinity, why don’t you stick to the socal board. Cause it is fully evident you are geographically challenged when it comes to the SF Bay Area and how it’s not even close to kids waking up at 5am and jumping in a car to get to school at 8am like quite a few do in the Disneyland neck of the woods.

Oh and who the failed to recruit Davante Adam’s. 4 private schools within 15 miles from him, yet they lost him to a public school. Those recruiters should be fired. I mean who in the hell would want to live in Palo Alto.

Are there any key transfers into or out of the WCAL that anyone is aware of? I had heard through the grapevine of a player named Sokai moving 70 miles north from Monterey HS to VCHS
At Riordan, a couple of soph linemen and a WR/DB have transferred in from the East Bay. A qb from SI transferred in last spring. Also saw that there will be some very good freshmen entering this year, including a QB and lineman. Their Maxpreps roster looks impressive. We’ll see what this new coaching staff can do.

Last edited:
They highly recruit. I mean you should have seen when Serra pulled in Barry Bonds and Tom Brady. Brady grew up 5 blocks away and Bonds was a hop skip and jump from the school as well. But recruiting those two was fierce. Serra was lucky to land them.

So until you bring up recruits on such a level from the Trinity, why don’t you stick to the socal board. Cause it is fully evident you are geographically challenged when it comes to the SF Bay Area and how it’s not even close to kids waking up at 5am and jumping in a car to get to school at 8am like quite a few do in the Disneyland neck of the woods.

Oh and who the failed to recruit Davante Adam’s. 4 private schools within 15 miles from him, yet they lost him to a public school. Those recruiters should be fired. I mean who in the hell would want to live in Palo Alto.
East Palo Alto. There's a difference. A big one.

VC seems kinda low on some of these (a lot of 4 range?). I’d go SF and Serra as 1-2 in some order, but maybe VC 3 and BCP 4.

VC seems kinda low on some of these (a lot of 4 range?). I’d go SF and Serra as 1-2 in some order, but maybe VC 3 and BCP 4.
Losing Dickey is going to be tough for VC to overcome and I think they are kinda small on the lines…….I think BCP and them will be battling for 3-4

i think SHC will be a tough out people have them low but they got legit D1 players on that roster who if they can stay healthy and overcome their depth issues will be a problem……Riordan probably a little bit away from competing but they will have a couple games where they put it together and make a game of it when they shouldn’t…….I think Mitty is f**ked don’t see them doing anything at all they will pull up the rear

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Losing Dickey is going to be tough for VC to overcome and I think they are kinda small on the lines…….I think BCP and them will be battling for 3-4

i think SHC will be a tough out people have them low but they got legit D1 players on that roster who if they can stay healthy and overcome their depth issues will be a problem……Riordan probably a little bit away from competing but they will have a couple games where they put it together and make a game of it when they shouldn’t…….I think Mitty is f**ked don’t see them doing anything at all they will pull up the rear
Rumor is Mitty is trying to join the Deanza for football only.

Where is Dickey going to end up playing at? Any chance he lands back at VC?

Where is Dickey going to end up playing at? Any chance he lands back at VC?
Oh I thought I read somewhere on here he was mercenary transferring to one of the Trinity schools SJB or MD? Maybe I read that wrong

Oh I thought I read somewhere on here he was mercenary transferring to one of the Trinity schools SJB or MD? Maybe I read that wrong
Yeah he supposedly was going to MD, but that didn’t happen.

Reactions: MC415
Yeah he supposedly was going to MD, but that didn’t happen.
who said he wasn't? Transfer season still isn't finished here in SoCal. Expect more moves to come this month and early next month. I recall 4 star Tyjon LIndsey transferring late August back to Bishop Gorman from Cen10. He ain't the only to transfer that late into the season. Cal-Hi Sports already mentioned to expect more big transfers this summer.

Last edited:
So where is he?
Maxpreps shows Dickey on the VC 22-23 roster. But I don't know how accurate the Maxpreps roster is - if it is presented by the school, it would be more reliable than some type of automated roll over algorithm done by Maxpreps. The large amount of underclassmen on the list though leads me to believe that VC submitted the list.

A quick glance at the Mater Dei roster on MaxPreps show a blank list, with a note saying the coach has not submitted the roster yet. So I guess that answers the question about the roster being a Maxpreps generated list. But it doesn't shed any additional light on Dickey's senior year location.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT