ADVERTISEMENT

Will there be High School FB this fall?

I’m predicting there will be Football in the Fall. If the NFL goes, all football will go. Gov. Newsome is feeling the pressure now to reopen. It’s all political at this point. Not watering down Covid-19 at all. The Country can’t just stop and be like this after May. No way

I’m predicting there will be Football in the Fall. If the NFL goes, all football will go. Gov. Newsome is feeling the pressure now to reopen. It’s all political at this point. Not watering down Covid-19 at all. The Country can’t just stop and be like this after May. No way

I could see schools reopened by fall, and even NFL games being played without fans, but I just have a hard time believing that HS football will be played this year. I would love for circumstances to permit it, but I just don’t see it happening.

I could see schools reopened by fall, and even NFL games being played without fans, but I just have a hard time believing that HS football will be played this year. I would love for circumstances to permit it, but I just don’t see it happening.
JUNE will be a huge month to get a gage on if Fall HS Sports will actually take place. I’m optimistic, health before anything else, also looking at new Heath exam protocols and procedures for sports participation.

Some parts of the country which are barely affected by the outbreak will have prep football; some others probably won't. Not sure about the Bay Area and Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto region. The commissioner of the PAL has stated that, if students are not back in their classrooms, there won't be sports.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Football in spring seems like a real stretch. Longer the uncertainty the more kids will fall out as well. Keep in mind football has seen a huge decline in participation the last decade.

This is all so ridiculous. Get back to work and open the schools up. This hasn’t even been a bad flu season in California. Time to take the rights of the people back.

Football can't be the tail that wags the dog. There are other boys' sports in the spring already: Baseball, track and field, etc. What about those? Do we strip out athletes from those sports to fill football rosters? That just seems counter-productive.

Reactions: Scott2138
Football in spring seems like a real stretch. Longer the uncertainty the more kids will fall out as well. Keep in mind football has seen a huge decline in participation the last decade.

This is all so ridiculous. Get back to work and open the schools up. This hasn’t even been a bad flu season in California. Time to take the rights of the people back.
Do you work? Do you have kids in school? I am sure the thousands of parents who have kids who do not play football could not care less about football being played and forcing their child to go to school so you can go watch Oak Ridge play. Saying it is ridiculous is just uninformed and asinine. And I am the last to fall for the banana in the tailpipe but this definitely aint it. Since you are so brave take a visit to the local hospital and ask them how this is all some fake flu phenomenon.

Do you work? Do you have kids in school? I am sure the thousands of parents who have kids who do not play football could not care less about football being played and forcing their child to go to school so you can go watch Oak Ridge play. Saying it is ridiculous is just uninformed and asinine. And I am the last to fall for the banana in the tailpipe but this definitely aint it. Since you are so brave take a visit to the local hospital and ask them how this is all some fake flu phenomenon.

Your an idiot. Look at the data. Do I work. STFU.
Are you obese, high blood pressure, a smoker, diabetic? If so I would be worried and you can go hide indoors. The rest of the healthy people are ready to get back on with life.
Football and sports is a lot bigger than the scoreboard. It’s a game about life.

Your an idiot. Look at the data. Do I work. STFU.
Are you obese, high blood pressure, a smoker, diabetic? If so I would be worried and you can go hide indoors. The rest of the healthy people are ready to get back on with life.
Football and sports is a lot bigger than the scoreboard. It’s a game about life.
*You're

Guys, relax. The pandemic and its ramifications are getting all of us into a full-blown uber-twist. Things will work out. Eventually. Patience is required. Time for a margarita or three on Cinco de Mayo. I would buy 'em but I'm stuck in my bunker alone.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Bigger fish to fry Gents. Governor is opening up the country in stages. We are in stage 2 of 4. We have 0 control over what happens. This argument needs to be categorized for what it is so no one feels offended. This issue lies in the Sphere of Concern. We have no control there. We are at the mercy of the State. Getting mad at each other is asinine. Newsome will open up the state in the next 3 weeks and hopefully have better information at that time.

I’m no medical expert and I’m sure all the med professionals who are on these blogs are prolly shaking their heads at a lot of the comments we place on here. I will state this: We have flu vaccines and flu shots, yet, people still get the flu. The flu is here to stay. Covid-19 is here to stay. So, hopefully as the vaccines are being developed, we can get back to what we are now calling the ‘New’ normal, implement all the safety precautions and steps necessary to keep people safe yet at the end of the day, people will still get the Virus nonetheless. For Fall HS Sports, the month of JUNE will tell it all and schools would have to open back up or there will be nooo school sports, period. IMO

Oh I am not concerned or offended by him let alone ANYONE on the internet. I was not calling him a name I was simply correcting his usage of your and you're.

Yicai-Global.png
This is what football will look like in the fall.

Yicai-Global.png
This is what football will look like in the fall.

Are the red and white pull toggles on the side of the helmet for starting the onboard mini gas engines that power the emergency respirator and the sanitizer spray dispenser following any physical contact ?

Last edited:
Reactions: WCAL75 and 1315
Was at the local Kaiser full hospital. They are in uber lockdown. Experiencing their protocols one would understand the frontline are taking things VERY seriously. And I don’t want someone ignorant of the necessity of laws in a nation based on lawfulness, exposing me or mamacita with their stupidity.

Trying to work and having your kids stay home for online school and no access to meals is presenting more problems for families, so I'm not sure the angle you are trying to work there. As far as football goes, it is still the number one sport that brings communities together and yes it is the tail that wags the dog. Not saying it's right, but that is why college football coaches are the highest paid university employees. That is why this board doubles the next most active board in NorCalPreps.
Perspective, our county has had 3 deaths, and currently 3 in ICU out of 16 total hospitalizations. May not seem so asinine to get back to some semblance of life.

I heard a rumor about a North Section team practicing and lifting at the school weight room during all of closure. It's actions like that that will prevent us from having football as we know it in the fall. And before you ask, I don't know the team in question, only heard it mentioned in whispers.

Trying to work and having your kids stay home for online school and no access to meals is presenting more problems for families, so I'm not sure the angle you are trying to work there. As far as football goes, it is still the number one sport that brings communities together and yes it is the tail that wags the dog. Not saying it's right, but that is why college football coaches are the highest paid university employees. That is why this board doubles the next most active board in NorCalPreps.
Perspective, our county has had 3 deaths, and currently 3 in ICU out of 16 total hospitalizations. May not seem so asinine to get back to some semblance of life.
i am not sure of what you are asking. i am glad your county hasnt been hit hard. i mentioned kids in school because only about 100 kids total on 3 football teams probably are not that much of a concern to the other 2000 kids and their parents. no i do not have any kids i need to teach at home but i am an essential worker anyway so it wouldnt be an option for me.

I heard a rumor about a North Section team practicing and lifting at the school weight room during all of closure. It's actions like that that will prevent us from having football as we know it in the fall. And before you ask, I don't know the team in question, only heard it mentioned in whispers.
the city i live in people have been out doing activities the whole time.

Not looking good for any falls sports, or any sports next school year. Least that’s my take. Gov. Newsom said yesterday that the state will not open up to normal until there is a vaccine. That is a long way off. I just can’t see it happening. Pisses me off.

Reactions: colhenrylives
Impossible to social distance in football. One asymptomatic lineman spreads the disease to other players. Lawsuit. End of discussion.

Impossible to social distance in football. One asymptomatic lineman spreads the disease to other players. Lawsuit. End of discussion.

Not really sure how it would be a lawsuit? Kid willingly playing the game infected by another kid also freely playing the game? Not sure how that correlates to a lawsuit. That’d be like suing a hooker for the herpes she gave you.

I am hopeful that we have good intel, good testing for the kids prior to the season. Being that the kids are not the "at risk" demographic, perhaps its best to focus on the Crowd at Football games and how is that going to be managed? This topic is a Bummer! Can't wait until we can talk about the kids and them getting ready to play.

Not really sure how it would be a lawsuit? Kid willingly playing the game infected by another kid also freely playing the game? Not sure how that correlates to a lawsuit. That’d be like suing a hooker for the herpes she gave you.
Negligence.

^^^^
Wrong. Posing a threat to the general public cant form the basis of a personal injury lawsuit, and it is nearly impossible to prove one person caused another person’s illness in the middle of a pandemic.

If that is true, bad move by that coach. He has compromised football for all of us, his job, his family, his school, his players, and their families. The coach will get fired if it comes out, football or no football. Come on coach, this is not the time to try and get ahead.

Parents, coaches, and players have to be smart with all they do leading up to opening.

Reactions: MC415
When has filing a lawsuit ever been purely logical? When have school administrators ever been risk takers? Just the possibility that kids playing football will spread the disease has to scare the bejesus out of school boards. Add to that the (remote) possibility that they will get sued for allowing the sport to be played and I believe that high school contact sports will be sidelined until an effective vaccine is developed. (And what is going to happen when some teams elect to play and a number of schools decide not to take the risk? What kind of season will it be...and how many kids will show up...if a team is only going to play 4 games?)

Reactions: observer22
^^^^
Wrong. Posing a threat to the general public cant form the basis of a personal injury lawsuit, and it is nearly impossible to prove one person caused another person’s illness in the middle of a pandemic.
That doesnt mean there wont be tons of attempts at lawsuits. May not win but they will be brought

Reactions: observer22
Children aren't allowed to consent to accept the risk. Coaches and school administrators will NOT risk their careers by letting parents sign waivers.

That doesnt mean there wont be tons of attempts at lawsuits. May not win but they will be brought

It costs a lot of money to defend lawsuits, even if they are baseless. The state we live in is very litigious to say the least.
And let’s face it, there are probably a lot of school board members who don’t like football, and would be happy to have a reason to shut it down in the name of protecting the kids.

CHEAT MUCH! WOW...

Children aren't allowed to consent to accept the risk. Coaches and school administrators will NOT risk their careers by letting parents sign waivers.
So it’s been a while since you signed the paperwork to play football? You’re already signing off on all of the risks and those waivers have just as much weight as any that would be drawn up for COVID 19.

So it’s been a while since you signed the paperwork to play football? You’re already signing off on all of the risks and those waivers have just as much weight as any that would be drawn up for COVID 19.

Nope, that's simply not true. You're comparing apples to antelopes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT