ADVERTISEMENT

Will this happen in NorCal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ararar

Hall of Famer
Dec 8, 2012
Two LA city section teams (Crenshaw,Torres) have been told they will forfeit their first round playoff game because they don’t have enough vaccinated players.Will this happen on the North side as well?

Two LA city section teams (Crenshaw,Torres) have been told they will forfeit their first round playoff game because they don’t have enough vaccinated players.Will this happen on the North side as well?
Wtf?!
This is a direct shot a low socioeconomic and minority (especially African American) youth. Many of these student athletes have more than likely gotten Covid and naturally recovered as their families had to continue working essential jobs.

Wtf?!
This is a direct shot a low socioeconomic and minority (especially African American) youth. Many of these student athletes have more than likely gotten Covid and naturally recovered as their families had to continue working essential jobs.
The shot is free and can be had at like literally any pharmacy. How is this a direct shot at "low socioeconomic and minority (especially African American) youth"?

I don't agree with the rule either, but your reason is misguided.

Wtf?!
They've been told of this requirement for a pretty long time. At this point, they're willfully choosing to sit out of the playoffs. As posted by Golfpilot, they can get the vaccine just about anywhere for free. It's not like there aren't Targets or CVSs in the Crenshaw district.

Eric Sondheimer reported from the 'Shaw-Dorsey game that a lot of parents were openly drinking alcohol and smoking in the stands. Seems to me that these folks just don't think rules apply to them. Well, guess what?

People need to stop looking at this vaccine any differently than any of the number of vaccines they were already supposed to take as kids. The military, too... there are something like 23 some-odd vaccines they have to take in order to join in the first place, but they want to refuse this because of politics? GTFO!

The numbers, in general, were never quite as bad in the Bay Area as they were in LA. The lockdowns were a lot more strict and people (I believe) were more apt to get the vacccine without any mandates. To my knowledge, no other school district made this requirement.

Now, in the Central Valley area where it tends to be more like Texas, that's a different matter. The pandemic carried on for a lot longer there for obvious reasons.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Are these same kids not allowed to participate in playoffs allowed to attend school as unvaccinated?

Basically if any kid wanted to play a sport in the months of November and December they would have had to get their first shot by October 8th with second shot on October 29th. The decision to mandate vaccination was on September 9th. The parents/athletes had 1 month to schedule their first shot. Maybe the single shot Johnson/Johnson wasn’t available down there?

Reactions: pantera-cat
People need to stop looking at this vaccine any differently than any of the number of vaccines they were already supposed to take as kids. The military, too... there are something like 23 some-odd vaccines they have to take in order to join in the first place, but they want to refuse this because of politics? GTFO!
The vaccines you mention that are required actually prevent what they are vaccinating against. This Jab doesn’t. This jab hasn’t even been available for a calendar year and they are talking about a 4th booster, let that sink in? A jab every 4 months doesn’t sound like a cure that’s more like a vitamin. Sorry man the numbers and frankly the science don’t support the mandates and allowing HS kids to be jabbed is frankly irresponsible parenting. There is a reason the Nordic countries don’t have mandates on kids. There are studies from Israel that don’t look good for the Vax, India who has a very dense large population and not great amount of vaccination has better Covid numbers than many Vax heavy countries. There are plenty of therapeutics that show great promise and prevent death.

The vaccines you mention that are required actually prevent what they are vaccinating against. This Jab doesn’t. This jab hasn’t even been available for a calendar year and they are talking about a 4th booster, let that sink in? A jab every 4 months doesn’t sound like a cure that’s more like a vitamin. Sorry man the numbers and frankly the science don’t support the mandates and allowing HS kids to be jabbed is frankly irresponsible parenting. There is a reason the Nordic countries don’t have mandates on kids. There are studies from Israel that don’t look good for the Vax, India who has a very dense large population and not great amount of vaccination has better Covid numbers than many Vax heavy countries. There are plenty of therapeutics that show great promise and prevent death.

Stop the BS.

The deadline was set and they should have known what was going to happen here it’s just reality at the moment. That being said I don’t believe this vaccine should be mandated especially in young males. It’s completely different from any other vaccine we have ever had and doesn’t even prevent transmission with a dampening effectiveness of It’s already limited protection after as early as 3 months

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19vaccine/94892

https://www.westernjournal.com/swed...d-patients-develop-crippling-heart-condition/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthhertz
Not only that but the mRNA vaccines are very different than the other mandated vaccines. Specifically the delivery method is something we have never used before and it’s completely rational to not want to expose your teen to something that can be considered a prototype for the sake of limited protection

Not only that but the mRNA vaccines are very different than the other mandated vaccines. Specifically the delivery method is something we have never used before and it’s completely rational to not want to expose your teen to something that can be considered a prototype for the sake of limited protection
Bingo! Of course don‘t let the fact they are pushing 3rd dose and looking at a 4th in under a year, again common sense should be in play at some point one would think. But people should be free to choose what’s best for them, mandates have no benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions: remc and 13 others
They've been told of this requirement for a pretty long time. At this point, they're willfully choosing to sit out of the playoffs. As posted by Golfpilot, they can get the vaccine just about anywhere for free. It's not like there aren't Targets or CVSs in the Crenshaw district.

Eric Sondheimer reported from the 'Shaw-Dorsey game that a lot of parents were openly drinking alcohol and smoking in the stands. Seems to me that these folks just don't think rules apply to them. Well, guess what?

And how many of the other 23 vaccines were created, Long-term TESTED, and approved in 10 months? How many use the brand new mRNA genetic technology? And, there isn’t a single kid under 18 nationwide that has died from Covid. Except the 329 that had co-morbidities. Facts.

The deadline was set and they should have known what was going to happen here it’s just reality at the moment. That being said I don’t believe this vaccine should be mandated especially in young males. It’s completely different from any other vaccine we have ever had and doesn’t even prevent transmission with a dampening effectiveness of It’s already limited protection after as early as 3 months

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19vaccine/94892

https://www.westernjournal.com/swed...d-patients-develop-crippling-heart-condition/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y
Living in a 30 second sound-bite world is nirvana for a respiratory viral contagion for it loves any level of ignorance.

I only had to read the first citation at medpage
to find this:

“Nevertheless, the latest data do not negate the previous finding that myocarditis is more common after SARS-CoV-2 infection than after vaccination.”

And the Nature article?
Here’s the last line (yes, I read it):

“The study has not yet been peer reviewed.”

Bing-oh.

Living in a 30 second sound-bite world is nirvana for a respiratory viral contagion for it loves any level of ignorance.

to find this:

“Nevertheless, the latest data do not negate the previous finding that myocarditis is more common after SARS-CoV-2 infection than after vaccination.”

And the Nature article?

Bing-oh.
Do you need a peer review to think for yourself? Booster every three months sounds rational to you? Do you need a peer review to look at again a country like India with it less than 30% vaccination rate and over 1 billion population and a lower death rate than the US to understand the vaccination ability isn’t what‘s being sold? Do you need a peer review to understand covid is sars 2.0 Lab enhanced to spread faster than original, which those who contracted original still to this day carry antibodies over a decade later? Look you’re are free to decide your health care however you want. But this division between Vax/Unvaxed is unhealthy for a society and unwarranted considering the science and data. Again very low death rate that is the fact, no peer review needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: remc and NCS707
And another one of these threads
It will always resort to one of these threads when you have a poster who implies this is all about politics and to “GTFO!” Sorry but most take offense to that style of do as I say or else. now in terms of direction of thread you’re free to not read it if it bothers you. It’s not like we are “mandating“ you read it or follow right?

And another one of these threads
another of these threads where all of the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts offer their 'expert opinions'.

let's ignore:
the 700k deaths and counting.
the countless cases of long covid affecting the people that don't die, including kids.
the fact that up until today, there was 25% of our population ineligible to be vaccinated, and at risk for covid and spreading covid
how effective the vaccine has been: hospitalized and deaths are overwhelmingly nonvaccinated
and basic virus science that puts ALL of us at risk for the even deadlier variant

our country is truly f'd. Can't SMH hard enough.

The shot is free and can be had at like literally any pharmacy. How is this a direct shot at "low socioeconomic and minority (especially African American) youth"?

I don't agree with the rule either, but your reason is misguided.
The low income communities were not able to stay home last year (work) so they disproportionately contracted COVID. The extreme majority recovered and have natural immunity, as well as have been vaccinated. There is also more hesitancy in these communities for medical treatment due to a few centuries of poor experiences of medical "care" especially within the older African American community.

How many LA student athletes, or even HS students, have passed on from COVID? How many have died from car accidents, murders, or other medical tragedies over the last 20 months? I just do not think the time is right to mandate vaccination to play when the vaccines are not FULLY FDA approved in the under 16 population yet. For those over 16, especially older populations I think it is very wise to be vaccinated, I know I got the shots very quickly once they were available to me.

And how many of the other 23 vaccines were created, Long-term TESTED, and approved in 10 months? How many use the brand new mRNA genetic technology? And, there isn’t a single kid under 18 nationwide that has died from Covid. Except the 329 that had co-morbidities. Facts.
Oh... except those kids. Actually, more have died.

Also, this is not brand new technology. mRNA technology has been around for a long time.

mRNA history

Last, for the 15,000th time, it's not just contracting the virus. It's also the possibility of passing it on those those who are more susceptible to illnesses like this. Can you guys think of anyone else but yourselves for once?

Do you need a peer review to think for yourself? Booster every three months sounds rational to you? Do you need a peer review to look at again a country like India with it less than 30% vaccination rate and over 1 billion population and a lower death rate than the US to understand the vaccination ability isn’t what‘s being sold? Do you need a peer review to understand covid is sars 2.0 enhanced to spread faster than original, which those who contracted original still to this day carry antibodies over a decade later? Look you’re are to decide your health care however you want. But this division between Vax/Unvaxed is unhealthy for a society and unwarranted considering the science and date. Again very low death rate that is the fact, no peer review needed.
Peer review is everything in the scientific community.

Think for yourself? The average person walking the street couldn't think themselves out of a cardboard box and they certainly don't know how to interpret scientific data.

47626153-0-image-a-105_1631050767626.jpg

Also, this is not brand new technology. mRNA technology has been around for a long time.

mRNA history

Last, for the 15,000th time, it's not just contracting the virus. It's also the possibility of passing it on those those who are more susceptible to illnesses like this. Can you guys think of anyone else but yourselves for once?
Well all adults have had the chance to get vaccinated for a very long time. Unless you have severe issues compromising your immune system (chemo, terminal illness) you will be fine once vaccinated, regardless of what children are doing. We are all going to catch this bug, I got vaccinated so that when I do I'll probably just get a cold, like the dozens of other people I know who are vaccinated and contracted COVID. Why is waiting until FULL FDA approval an issue? Low income people, especially non white populations have a big distrust in healthcare, why exaggerate it. Let's focus on education of the benefits instead of demanding teens (who are not adults) and punishing them further, after they already have lost so much life experience. A year for a 15 year old is much longer and harmful to development than a 50 year old.

The low income communities were not able to stay home last year (work) so they disproportionately contracted COVID. The extreme majority recovered and have natural immunity, as well as have been vaccinated. There is also more hesitancy in these communities for medical treatment due to a few centuries of poor experiences of medical "care" especially within the older African American community.
No longer an excuse.

Over 200 million vaccinations in the US alone... it's safe

At this point, you either want to play in the playoffs or your don't.

These kids chose not to play.

Simple.

this far in, people are still saying the same bs misinformation, all rooted in either politics or selfishness.... and they are just flat denying that science is science. arguing with them is fruitless, and changing their mind is impossible, especially online.

dumb gonna be dumb.

that's why our country is f'd. everyone knows better than the scientists.

this far in, people are still saying the same bs misinformation, all rooted in either politics or selfishness.... and they are just flat denying that science is science. arguing with them is fruitless, and changing their mind is impossible, especially online.

dumb gonna be dumb.

Are you aiming this at me?

Once the vaccine was available for myself under Emergency approval I got it, my choice. As of now the scientists have not approved vaccines fully for those under 16, only emergency use. Next school year they will be compulsory to attend once FULLY FDA authorized. Not to mention many of the inner city kids already have contracted and recovered from COVID, thus have immunity already.

I have the shot, you do too. We are protected, yes we will contact COVID but we will recover.

Are you aiming this at me?

Once the vaccine was available for myself under Emergency approval I got it, my choice. As of now the scientists have not approved vaccines fully for those under 16, only emergency use. Next school year they will be compulsory to attend once FULLY FDA authorized. Not to mention many of the inner city kids already have contracted and recovered from COVID, thus have immunity already.

I have the shot, you do too. We are protected, yes we will contact COVID but we will recover.
yes, if you are spouting misinformation like:

1. natural immunity=vaccine immunity
2. not 'fully fda' approved = not safe (you need to understand why an EUA is an accepted method of vaccine distribution)
3. kids aren't dying, so it's ok (kids ARE dying: they wouldn't have died if they didn't get covid, and one death is too many, and they aren't dying from the flu so don't spout that either; and vaccines are safer than the risk of long covid)

but you aren't as bad as some others around here.

Reactions: aztecpadre

dumb gonna be dumb.

Most people trust the science. The problem is folks now realize that SCIENTISTS lie for money. Unfortunately we now live in a world where we can’t get unbiased news from the mainstream media.

Most people trust the science. The problem is folks now realize that SCIENTISTS lie for money. Unfortunately we now live in a world where we can’t get unbiased news from the mainstream media.
I think most trust the numbers also. They put to much trust in Government and scientists. My son had an appointment for a COVID test that he was unable to make. About a week later we got a letter saying he was positive. When my wife called to find out how that’s possible the lady told her it automatically defaults to positive if you miss the appointment. 700,000 deaths? I highly doubt it. India has less COVID cases then us? Probably not. Just less reported. People shouldn’t believe everything they hear or read.

mRNA history

MRNA has been around for decades and there is a reason it hasn’t been used in vaccines before? It was used more as a therapeutic than a cure. Wonder why? Because it wasn’t affective much like it’s showing now. There is a reason so many boosters are being required, because it’s not affective. In terms of peer review unfortunately academia has basically destroyed itself with group think etc. Peer review isn’t what it used to be. And this vaccine doesn’t prevent vaccinated From both contracting or spreading Covid. Again that is the facts no peer review needed.

Not only will they lie, their jobs require funding usually from government. Start saying what government doesn’t want you to say guess what? Funding is dropped.

Reactions: 13 others

to find this:

And the Nature article?

Bing-oh.
Something not being peer reviewed doesn’t automatically make it irrelevant just has to be taken into account. Also the study you linked and quoted is reference to a nationwide study of all ages and demos supported by surprise, surprise, Pfizer... I stand by what I believe. There is to much uncertainty with the side effects of males 16-24 Which is the dominant demographic of High school/college football players. I simply support choice and am against mandates especially in the age range below 16. You can continue to act like I’m ignorant or living off “sound-bites” (showing your age there bud kids these days watch clips on Twitter) but looking at the case rates of highly vaccinated countries indicates the vaccines fade over time and don’t prevent transmission.

MRNA has been around for decades and there is a reason it hasn’t been used in vaccines before? It was used more as a therapeutic than a cure. Wonder why? Because it wasn’t affective much like it’s showing now. There is a reason so many boosters are being required, because it’s not affective. In terms of peer review unfortunately academia has basically destroyed itself with group think etc. Peer review isn’t what it used to be. And this vaccine doesn’t prevent vaccinated From both contracting or spreading Covid. Again that is the facts no peer review needed.
I’ll also add mRNA drugs were seen as purposeless for many of the years after it was created because they couldn’t figure out how to prevent it from being destroyed by our immune system. leading to it being understudied and underfunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT