ADVERTISEMENT

2017 WCAL Schedules

Levallier unfortunately transferred to Clayton Valley Charter. Tofi also gone. But everyone else is back. They actually get two big lineman starters back who missed entire year last year with injuries. Also the opening game is against Terra Nova at Kezar August 25. Levallier is a loss but that is one area they have some speed and depth.
Where did Tofi go?

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Many of the juniors and sophomores at SH are tired of the losses and a lot of them are afraid that the season will be the same like last year so that's why so many players are leaving don't be suprises if other key players leave as well.

Many of the juniors and sophomores at SH are tired of the losses and a lot of them are afraid that the season will be the same like last year so that's why so many players are leaving don't be suprises if other key players leave as well.

Not buying it. If that were true, kids would be leaving plenty of other schools in droves. Besides, it's a good team with a new coach and a better offense. Keep the injuries down and SHC will surprise some people.

Last edited:
And lebron and Kevin love need rooms to rent in Cleveland. And lebron and Chris bosh needed rooms for rent in Miami a few years ago. And Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen needed rooms for rent in Boston 10 years ago. It was a fantastic move for Durant and it's been a pleasure watching the Warriors slap the cavaliers up and down the court and make all these "old school fans" mad.

Good morning, my name is Kevin Durant. I need a room to rent in Oakland.

Free agency in pro sports is a bit different than leaving your high school. KD was a free agent, and won a lot of games in OKC. But like everything else, the kids (and their parents) see pro and college players (not to mention AAU) moving around and it is becoming more and more commonplace at the HS level.

I have no problem with kids transferring. Pretty stupid to single out athletic kids and limit their ability to transfer, while Joe Blow who's never played a sport in his life can transfer 4 times without anonymous internet people giving him crap.

Free agency in pro sports is a bit different than leaving your high school. KD was a free agent, and won a lot of games in OKC. But like everything else, the kids (and their parents) see pro and college players (not to mention AAU) moving around and it is becoming more and more commonplace at the HS level.

I'm not singling anyone out, just acknowledging a trend. I don't know how many Joe Blows out there who transfer 4 times, but it's a lot more noticeable when a star athlete transfers, especially to the people on here who like to follow high school sports.

Serra will play an away game at St. Mary's (Stockton) on August 26th at 7:15pm.

I stll haven't seen who SHC is playing that weekend.

Serra has added a game at Elk Grove on September 1 or 2, according to John Murphy

Not buying it. If that were true, kids would be leaving plenty of other schools in droves. Besides, it's a good team with a new coach and a better offense. Keep the injuries down and SHC will surprise some people.

Just asking IC not working against you, How do we know Barry is a better coach than Peralta and will run a better offense? Barry was also an assistant under Coach Lee. Peralta is a well known coach and won everywhere but at SHC. Does anyone know who else applied for the football position at SHC or was Barry the only candidate? Thank you for your information if you have any.

Just asking IC not working against you, How do we know Barry is a better coach than Peralta and will run a better offense? Barry was also an assistant under Coach Lee. Peralta is a well known coach and won everywhere but at SHC. Does anyone know who else applied for the football position at SHC or was Barry the only candidate? Thank you for your information if you have any.

By "better offense", I was referring to last season's change to the Spread. I assume they'll be running it again this year. After that, I don't know about the hiring process. I guess the school just wanted to keep it in-house.

Reactions: Scott2138
John Murphy Prep2prep.com reported Serra will play Elk Grove, St. Mary's-Stockton and Pittsburg for its nonleague games. That is a strong schedule.

Word is, he's the Dean of Students at Serra. I haven't seen anything official yet.
Yes he is, I think Serra wins out in getting another football mind to back Walsh. They run the NEXT LEVEL football for youth together as well too, hopefully Peralta still can do that for SHC independently on the side but who knows if they will allow him to still run it since it could conflict.

Last edited:
i looked at the maxpreps football schedule. they post that bellarmine plays another washington state team, olympia high school at sjcc. is this confirmed?

Maxpreps is crap. Wouldn't count on it for any reliable info. They also have Elk Grove playing an Illinois team as well. Hot garbage amateur site.

Last edited:
Try Bellarmine's site at bcp.org/

Yes, I would think the school site would be much more accurate. They probably have someone who knows how to proof read. Hell the WCAL has a nice site as well. Maxpreps, not very good or relable.

Yes, I would think the school site would be much more accurate. They probably have someone who knows how to proof read. Hell the WCAL has a nice site as well. Maxpreps, not very good or relable.
The WCAL site shows them playing Gonzaga Prep (WA) 7:00pm at home on Sept. 8th.

i looked at the maxpreps football schedule. they post that bellarmine plays another washington state team, olympia high school at sjcc. is this confirmed?

There's another Bellarmine in Olympia's league (in Tacoma), so MaxPreps strikes again. I can't tell you how many times I've seen "Valley Christian (Cerritos)" or "JSerra Catholic" on WCAL schedules. I should charge them a consultation fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
IMG_1125.PNG.eba6ccd51b257091dd3802359c332f17.PNG

And I slept through DLS losing to a NorCal team in 13'. But according to MP it is gospel!

Reactions: RLS13
Recap of the USA 7 on 7 Tourney. Serra lost in the Finals to a rising Encinal program. I know they used to schedule each other a few years ago. Serra has a great squad coming back. I know you can only take so much out of 7 on 7, but pretty cool what Encinal is rebuilding on the Island.

http://bit.ly/2ssVTlN

So what is Riordan's excuse then, Their freshman teams are getting pounded by 70+ points in some games....

And also what I notice even tho SH usually has more talent than SI and Riordan their freshman year they always manage to lose players while kids from SI and Riordan stick with the program

Reactions: jordan24
And also what I notice even tho SH usually has more talent than SI and Riordan their freshman year they always manage to lose players while kids from SI and Riordan stick with the program

Historically speaking, SI generally gets the best athletes for football, especially at the QB position. SHC and Riordan have some good years too but overall for the sport of football at SI, I would say the coaching, and for the superor facilities at SI they are a magnet for football and all outdoor sports.

Last edited:

That's not true. Riordan's frosh, which would be this season's Seniors lost dozens of players. They just had so many blowouts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT