ADVERTISEMENT

ACALANES LOOKS FOR A BETTER SEASON

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The 2015 season did not go well for the don's as they went 2-4 in league play and 4-8 for the season, but they did make the playoff and won their first game by rolling over eureka 42-28, but then Acalanes faced Campolindo again and went down 42-7.
For the 2016 season Mike Ivankovich steps out of the picture as head coach and Floyd Burnsed takes over..Burnsed in the past led Miramonte to a number of titles before going over to Solano Jr college, only to have Solano college drop football.
Burnsed has the job of firing up the Don's and has a large group of Jr's and Sr's and two and maybe three QB's to work with.....Spring practice is just a week away, so the new coach will have some idea what he has to work with...

8-26.....Alhambra Away 7 P.M.
9-02.....Skyline Home 7 P.M.
9-09.....Heritage Away 7 P.M.
9-16.....Analy Away 7.P.M.
9-23.....DeAnza Home 7 P.M.
9-30.....Bye
10-07.....College Park Home 7 P.M.
10-14.....LasLomas Home 7 P.M.
10-21.....clayton valley charter Away 7 P.M.
10-28.....Campolindo Away 7 P.M.
11-04.....Miramonte Home 7 P.M.
Interesting that Acalanes will open against Alhambra, last season the Don's polished off the Bulldogs 34-13 due to Alhambra's ability to rack up penalties. And Alhambra for years opened against College Park and now Alhambra meets college Park on 11-04.....

How does a team make the playoffs with a 4-8 record? SMH
That's a good question.....Acalanes beat Skyline Alhambra, Las Lomas and were rewarded by going to the playoff's to win their fourth game.....Acalanes should have never beaten Alhambra except, the Bulldogs played such a sloppy game, giving the Don's the game with countless penalties and endless poor decisions by the coaches....Acalanes had no business in the playoffs....

That's a good question.....Acalanes beat Skyline Alhambra, Las Lomas and were rewarded by going to the playoff's to win their fourth game.....Acalanes should have never beaten Alhambra except, the Bulldogs played such a sloppy game, giving the Don's the game with countless penalties and endless poor decisions by the coaches....Acalanes had no business in the playoffs....

It seems every year in NCS there are teams with losing records that have no business in playoffs. Not sure what it is I guess the everybody gets a reward mentality. Frankly I think it leads terrible games over all and drops the quality of football period.

It seems every year in NCS there are teams with losing records that have no business in playoffs. Not sure what it is I guess the everybody gets a reward mentality. Frankly I think it leads terrible games over all and drops the quality of football period.

$$$$

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT