ADVERTISEMENT

Bellarmine vs. Folsom Poll

Bellarmine vs. Folsom. Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No worries Folsom fans. I hear the refs will be getting free hot dogs. Folsom + refs guarantees a Bulldog 2nd half comeback. Stay tune. Folsom's got this game in the bank. Again, no worries.

Folsom looked like they were starting to be able to get it downfield a little bit more the last couple series. I wonder if that will continue into the 2nd half.

The Bells have hit 2 big pass plays, which has them in the lead. Folsom's done a decent job defending the run. I wonder if we'll see Janda open the offense up more in the 2nd half? He could play conservatively and try to run clock, but Martig and the pass game has hurt the Bulldogs defense.

Bells defense has been very disciplined, and sure tacklers, and small quick line and blitzing has been able to put pressure on Jeffrey. Bells defense has also contained Jeffrey rushing. Bells corners and safeties have closed fast on run support and also Bells pass defense playing man defense (borrowed from DLS). Folsom has had some dropped passes and the INT hurt, but Bells defense was in position.Bells TE also dropped a potential TD pass. Bells line and LBs surprisingly have been very stout against the Folsom rushing. Folsom's line hasn't been dominating. With exception of Williams blocking a Bells FG attempt, Bells line has held up. Bells kicker had more than the range to make that FG. Bells kicker has also kicked 2 of 3 kickoffs into the end zone limiting Folsom's special teams.

Should be quite a second half/

No worries Folsom fans. I hear the refs will be getting free hot dogs. Folsom + refs guarantees a Bulldog 2nd half comeback. Stay tune. Folsom's got this game in the bank. Again, no worries.

No pot stirring, bulldog :) LOL

Actually, I thought it was fairly well officiated half. The only 2 plays I didn't agree with were the 2 quick whistles on the fumble Folsom forced (that the Bells recovered) and Martig's run up the middle when he broke a tackle.

Other that that, no issues with the officials.

Folsom looked like they were starting to be able to get it downfield a little bit more the last couple series. I wonder if that will continue into the 2nd half.

The Bells have hit 2 big pass plays, which has them in the lead. Folsom's done a decent job defending the run. I wonder if we'll see Janda open the offense up more in the 2nd half? He could play conservatively and try to run clock, but Martig and the pass game has hurt the Bulldogs defense.
This is what Janda does. They will burn clock and get first downs and then take a shot once in a while. Typical Bells football. I expect Folsom to come out and maybe run the ball a little more to open up the passing game. Folsom has been in this position before so I expect this to come down to the 4th quarter. What a game!

Bells defense has been very disciplined, and sure tacklers, and small quick line and blitzing has been able to put pressure on Jeffrey. Bells defense has also contained Jeffrey rushing. Bells corners and safeties have closed fast on run support and also Bells pass defense playing man defense (borrowed from DLS). Folsom has had some dropped passes and the INT hurt, but Bells defense was in position.Bells TE also dropped a potential TD pass. Bells line and LBs surprisingly have been very stout against the Folsom rushing. Folsom's line hasn't been dominating. With exception of Williams blocking a Bells FG attempt, Bells line has held up. Bells kicker had more than the range to make that FG. Bells kicker has also kicked 2 of 3 kickoffs into the end zone limiting Folsom's special teams.

Should be quite a second half/

Pretty spot on assement.

NFG who wins, just nice to see a well played entertaining game.

From what I've seen Bellarmine got two big plays including a 50+ TD toss after their defense got an interception.

Folsom got off to a good start and seemed to somewhat surprise Bellarmine with long-yardage passes. The Bells coralled those chunk yardage plays until late in the second half allowing Folsom to get in the red zone, but stiffened and the Bulldogs missed a short FG.

I think the energy on both teams are a little tight. I haven't seen any hanging heads or anything with Folsom and no huge expressions of celebration with the Bells.

From what I've seen Bellarmine got two big plays including a 50+ TD toss after their defense got an interception.

Folsom got off to a good start and seemed to somewhat surprise Bellarmine with long-yardage passes. The Bells coralled those chunk yardage plays until late in the second half allowing Folsom to get in the red zone, but stiffened and the Bulldogs missed a short FG.

I think the energy on both teams are a little tight. I haven't seen any hanging heads or anything with Folsom and no huge expressions of celebration with the Bells.
There also seems to be a mutual respect for each other as you see players helping other players up on both sides and players slapping helmets on both sides.

This is the Bellarmine rush attack I'm used to seeing over the years. They are controlling tempo right now and churning out yards.

Reactions: PAL95
That drive ate up almost 1/2 of the 3rd quarter, just the kind of drive Bellarmine needs. Their double wing is picking up larger chunks of yardage after the half, Folsom hasn't made the adjustments that Del Oro made to have Bellarmine go 3 and out.

It's official. Folsom is in a world of trouble. Bellarmine has them exactly in the position you can't be against this type of team.

21-7.

If Folsom gets antsy and doesn't remain patient, we might see another turnover.

Bells line is pushing Folsom around, they seem to be the more physical team. I stand corrected on earlier statement.

Folsom's defensive coordinators are looking at that nice flat screen trying to figure out the Bells offense.

I am really impressed with Bells. Folsom looks like they average 3 inches and 25lbs heavier per man. Yet Bells looks extremely disciplined and their backs are finding ways to squeak through the smallest of cracks

The Bells will get another pick or two, they've had the opportunity a couple times in the second half alone.

Bellarmine's lines are holding up against Folsom's line, and their athletes are hanging in there with Folsom's athletes so far. Still lot of football to be played, Folsom can score in the blink of an eye.

It's like the Bells have 6 or 7 lbs playing their line and lbs. And they are quicker to the ball and it's killing Folsom

I still can't believe how Folsom goes for it on 4th down no matter the distance to the first down or where on the field the ball is. They've converted three big 4th down plays, two which led directly to scores.

That was a much needed drive and score. But as long as the Bells have a lead, they can dictate tempo. Folsom needs a turnover.

Has there been a hold called in this game? I don't recall seeing one.

Illegal shift -- strange one.

Big defensive play right there. But can Martig bail the Bells out again? He's done it before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT