ADVERTISEMENT

Big story to watch in NCS

Yawn, point is they are beatable.
Agree... So make sure everyone gets the life changing privilege to play DLS and eliminate any "Open" division across the state and do not give DLS an automatic bid to represent NorCal in State championship. Great idea! And benefited from playing in NorCal? They aren't a professionally regionalized organization! They're a collection of some of the best athletes in the North Coast Section/Bay Area and they whoop everyone in state year to year, yet it takes an out of state school to beat this NorCal team. The term "beatable" is subjective. Anyone is "beatable". But the entire purpose of divisions in the first place is to have a competetive balance, and there was a competetive imbalance ever since Lad took over at DLS. He did an outstanding job at exploiting it. It wasn't until the last ten years that the rest of the teams in Northern California have been allowed to have the same leeway with offseason workouts and out of Disitrict enrollments that DLS had from 1980 until the early 2000's. Will a program catch up to them? Maybe! Odds are not likely! WIth the team mentality being destroyed more and more every year by 7 on 7 teams and athletes constantly transferring with nearly no limitations in order to find the best fit for themselves the likelihood of a program being able to beat DLS in Northern California is minimal. And when it happens, it will be there 2nd loss to a NorCal team in potentially 30+ years. Where's the competetive balance in that?

Reactions: Bubba3000
In addition to repeating eighth grade to get a year older faster and stronger?

Huh? Oh right, the hold back players only go to DLS excuse... Love that one.

Thought you were staying away from that creepy teenage boy age thing you had going... Old habits

Huh? Oh right, the hold back players only go to DLS excuse... Love that one.

Thought you were staying away from that creepy teenage boy age thing you had going... Old habits

The only think that makes it creepy is what you conjure up in your mind

Agree... So make sure everyone gets the life changing privilege to play DLS and eliminate any "Open" division across the state and do not give DLS an automatic bid to represent NorCal in State championship. Great idea! And benefited from playing in NorCal? They aren't a professionally regionalized organization! They're a collection of some of the best athletes in the North Coast Section/Bay Area and they whoop everyone in state year to year, yet it takes an out of state school to beat this NorCal team. The term "beatable" is subjective. Anyone is "beatable". But the entire purpose of divisions in the first place is to have a competetive balance, and there was a competetive imbalance ever since Lad took over at DLS. He did an outstanding job at exploiting it. It wasn't until the last ten years that the rest of the teams in Northern California have been allowed to have the same leeway with offseason workouts and out of Disitrict enrollments that DLS had from 1980 until the early 2000's. Will a program catch up to them? Maybe! Odds are not likely! WIth the team mentality being destroyed more and more every year by 7 on 7 teams and athletes constantly transferring with nearly no limitations in order to find the best fit for themselves the likelihood of a program being able to beat DLS in Northern California is minimal. And when it happens, it will be there 2nd loss to a NorCal team in potentially 30+ years. Where's the competetive balance in that?

LMFAO, much of a inferiority complex or what? Maybe Bernie or Hillary will promise to make all things equal for you in life, but in sport there are winners and losers. And avoiding the best doesn't make you a winner.

Reactions: bella123
LMFAO, much of a inferiority complex or what? Maybe Bernie or Hillary will promise to make all things equal for you in life, but in sport there are winners and losers. And avoiding the best doesn't make you a winner.
It doesn't?

lastplace.jpg

Reactions: Indianpride45
In the 2015 playoff, DLS beat Pittsburg 70-14...does that make Pittsburg a winner, what did Pittsburg gain out of that beating, that they are a bunch of nice guys...there is no love lost between Pittsburg and DLS and DLS stuck it to them and Pittsburg could do nothing to stop DLS, not much of a playoff game.....Maybe some day down the road, the Pirates will remember the past beatings and give the Spartans a taste of their own medicine.....

In the 2015 playoff, DLS beat Pittsburg 70-14...does that make Pittsburg a winner, what did Pittsburg gain out of that beating, that they are a bunch of nice guys...there is no love lost between Pittsburg and DLS and DLS stuck it to them and Pittsburg could do nothing to stop DLS, not much of a playoff game.....Maybe some day down the road, the Pirates will remember the past beatings and give the Spartans a taste of their own

Pitt also lost to MV and Antioch last year. Their season ended where it should of. Do you think Pitt would have went on and beat CC? No that wasn't going to happen. In fact if the south had a losers play on mentality look out Folsom probably doesn't win in 2014 if that was the case.

Pitt also lost to MV and Antioch last year. Their season ended where it should of. Do you think Pitt would have went on and beat CC? No that wasn't going to happen. In fact if the south had a losers play on mentality look out Folsom probably doesn't win in 2014 if that was the case.
Now reasoning steps to the fore front. 12-0 Foothill wouldve been the team to have the opportunity to advance to Norcals, and yes, I believe they would've won and advanced to state. Under this new scenario a third team from division 1 in the NCS will not be able to advance to the NorCal playoffs. So again, your point is moot. That being said, Pittsburg, Foothill, Antioch and Monte Vista were all just as deserving as Milpitas who lost to a D3 NCS team. The same Milpitas who didn't win a title. The Milpitas that also lost to Antioch by 20 points last year. So the system was jaded. First by the SJS, then the CIF, then the CCS, and now the NCS is merely catching up to the rest of Tom Foolery.

Last edited:
Now reasoning steps to the fore front. Foothill would be the team that would've had the opportunity to advance and yes, I believe the would've advanced to state.

My bad forgot about Foothill but point still the same. They weren't going to beat CC either then what would you be crying about? Little Billy's perfect season wasn't going to happen.

Cool picture though. Maybe next post you can use the "your rubber and I'm glue..." comeback.

And I agree with your point on avoiding the best. But it should be applied to the entire system. Particularly the way the CIF and SJS rewrote the rules so Folsom can go to state. At least the CCS and NCS's systems are modeled after the exact same format for basketball where in some sections four teams advance to Norcals automatically after making it to the semi finals. The SJS didn't even change any playoff format. The CIF just created the open division and DLS was just given and automatic birth.

And I agree with your point on avoiding the best. But it should be applied to the entire system. Particularly the way the CIF and SJS rewrote the rules so Folsom can go to state. At least the CCS and NCS's systems are modeled after the exact same format for basketball where in some sections four teams advance to Norcals automatically after making it to the semi finals. The SJS didn't even change any playoff format. The CIF just created the open division and DLS was just given and automatic birth.

And and no point have I stated support for anybody being given anything. My opinion is it is not what sport is about. Look I get CIF wants its best players to be show cased on the big stage. In my opinion that's why the rules were changed to get a certain QB there and give him a ring. Then they fed his team many down south didn't even have as a top 10 team from SoCal. My feelings are we might be seeing the samething happening to get a certain RB onto the big stage. Look it sells tickets and makes more money. That's why they added all the extra state champ games, its why teams with losing records go to playoffs. They don't care about equality in competition if they did they would have transfer rules more like SoCal does. Not this 6 games or full season punishments. It about $'s with CIF, that's how I read all this nonsense with teams being handed spots, losers play on, etc......like I said let the teams play at some point it come down to two D1 teams up here playing. Probably DLS and who knows who else. Winner of said game goes to open state title, loser goes to D1 state title. (If losers must play on then at least do it when only two are left standing.)

Anyone got an interpretation of this statement?

South Ramon confidential.

Admissions? This is so tiring. One last time. Two veer RBs transferred in as sophs. Both became the feature back as Juniors. Interesting admits, if you care to admit it. LOL.

Aybody know what IS the percentage of Catholic grammar school students admitted to dLS?
or the percentage of transfer students from Catholic schools?

Edit: IP45- sounding a little like Trump with the Loser label.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump/trump-i-called-mccain-hero-four-times/

As far as the Cal High kids who joined FB with the inspiration of Sanchez? Worked harder than most. Can't vouch for other cycles. Cal back then is probably the only public Lad and Eidson had to keep group 1 in all four quarters.

Last edited:
And before y'all get ruffled feathers, many schools, and yes, publics, have interesting transfers. Saying a program is squeaky clean "because so and so is a legend" or "he's a great guy" or "he doesn't have anything to do with it" is obfuscation central.

Last edited:
South Ramon confidential.

Admissions? This is so tiring. One last time. Two veer RBs transferred in as sophs. Both became the feature back as Juniors. Interesting admits, if you care to admit it. LOL.

Aybody know what IS the percentage of Catholic grammar school students admitted to dLS?
or the percentage of transfer students from Catholic schools?

Edit: IP45- sounding a little like Trump with the Loser label.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump/trump-i-called-mccain-hero-four-times/

As far as the Cal High kids who joined FB with the inspiration of Sanchez? Worked harder than most. Can't vouch for other cycles. Cal back then is probably the only public Lad and Eidson had to keep group 1 in all four quarters.

-Who were the transfer RB's?
-What is a frosh veer RB?
-Aprox 75% of DLS admissions come from Catholic grammar schools
-You confirmed what I have heard and witnessed- Cal football does not have a wide spread work ethic. They did for a segment in time. Not as easy at it looks is it?
-CC, Lakeland, San Leandro, AV, MV, SRV, Pitt, YV, CV, Mission Viejo, Clovis West, Trinity, Canyon, Crenshaw, have all made DLS starters play 4 quarters ( i am probably missing more).

So your theory is DLS admits students based on whether they are good football players? Eh, no. They dont. This would require Lad, Eidson, Lopoz, Allumbaugh, etc to inform admissions of their wish list. That would constitute recruiting for athletic reasons. Doesn't happen. Never has happened. Yes they can be that squeaky clean.

-Who were the transfer RB's?
-What is a frosh veer RB?
-Aprox 75% of DLS admissions come from Catholic grammar schools
-You confirmed what I have heard and witnessed- Cal football does not have a wide spread work ethic. They did for a segment in time. Not as easy at it looks is it?
-CC, Lakeland, San Leandro, AV, MV, SRV, Pitt, YV, CV, Mission Viejo, Clovis West, Trinity, Canyon, Crenshaw, have all made DLS starters play 4 quarters ( i am probably missing more).

So your theory is DLS admits students based on whether they are good football players? Eh, no. They dont. This would require Lad, Eidson, Lopoz, Allumbaugh, etc to inform admissions of their wish list. That would constitute recruiting for athletic reasons. Doesn't happen. Never has happened. Yes they can be that squeaky clean.
Actually kids do get accepted becuase of football at De La Salle and yes I have heard that from a De La Salle coach's mouth. It happens often at their summer camp. Student A applies to DLS at application time and is put on waiting list at decision time. Student A attends the DLS football camp. Student A is the size of and moves like, um, let's say Boss Tagaloa as an example. Then Student A is taken off of waiting list. But that horse is beaten to death on these threads. I'm sure you'll deny that it happens but it does and has happened. Multiple times.

You forgot to mention the free tuition, limo rides, vacation homes in Italy, and the $100,000 annuity.

Deflection out of sense of loyalty is predictable human nature.
You can pm Gades. He posted the names right here on NCP along with Pickett, who ultimately went back to EC. As an alum of the school, he's been forthright. Not always as rosy as dads like PJ would like all posting to be.

Wrong on students from Catholic grammar schools. It's 51%. Maybe you don't care to read DeMarco's reports.
He also states only two of eleven sophs transferring in for 2014 went to Catholic grammar schools grads; not quite 70%.

Maybe Paloma is right but the guys you mentioned just are not going to tolerate being directly connected to admissions. They don't have to. I'm guessing they are "squeaky clean." Everybody connected to dLS admissions? Fantasyland.

i get it, they are better than everyone else, but they aren't exactly playing in a fair fight... look at their starters on varsity... and do a poll of how many of those kids attended their camp for 8th graders... i bet you will find the data shows they are getting, and recruiting, a ton of players from that camp

This could be said about any HS team that runs a camp. End of the day there is a bunch of accusations on both sides of the fence. Even if they were squeaky clean most wouldn't buy it because of envy, or whatever. Until there are sanctions etc. it's really just noise.

Reactions: paul_johnson884
You can pm Gades. He posted the names right here on NCP along with Pickett, who ultimately went back to EC. As an alum of the school, he's been forthright. Not always as rosy as dads like PJ would like all posting to be.

Wrong on students from Catholic grammar schools. It's 51%. Maybe you don't care to read DeMarco's reports.
He also states only two of eleven sophs transferring in for 2014 went to Catholic grammar schools grads; not quite 70%.

Maybe Paloma is right but the guys you mentioned just are not going to tolerate being directly connected to admissions. They don't have to. I'm guessing they are "squeaky clean." Everybody connected to dLS admissions? Fantasyland.

What is rosy about stating that there has not been a formal complaint filed with the NCS against DLS for what you and others accuse them of?

The hatred for DLS is off the charts and yet no complaints. How long did it take for parents to put an end to the Danville QB's days at McClymonds? And we are to believe DLS admits students based on their football ability? Over 30 years? As high profile and hated as they are? Comedy.

You live in fantasy land. I have relatives that are on (presently and past) Catholic high school staffs. Teachers, AD's, administrators. 6 different CA high schools. They know which schools blurr the lines you are speaking of. DLS aint one of them.

You may return to your excuse making, jealousy, and whining.

You forgot to mention the free tuition, limo rides, vacation homes in Italy, and the $100,000 annuity.
Not exactly free tuition. When approved for household income based financial aid, the family still has to put in certain amount of hours of work at school events or lunch time type services. So it is not completely free. But not a bad deal for a low income family. I can't speak on vacation homes or limo rides, you obviously have more inside information than me.

What is rosy about stating that there has not been a formal complaint filed with the NCS against DLS for what you and others accuse them of?

The hatred for DLS is off the charts and yet no complaints. How long did it take for parents to put an end to the Danville QB's days at McClymonds? And we are to believe DLS admits students based on their football ability? Over 30 years? As high profile and hated as they are? Comedy.

You live in fantasy land. I have relatives that are on (presently and past) Catholic high school staffs. Teachers, AD's, administrators. 6 different CA high schools. They know which schools blurr the lines you are speaking of. DLS aint one of them.

Oh there has been no formal complaints? You know this how? Based on what? Because nothing has came out in press about such accusations? Because GilLemmon has made no mention of such accusations? Really! I like my discussion with Indian better then the ones with DLS Osterage fans. Stop basing your facts on Neil Hayes' book and the movie they made. FYI that is not really Lad and Edison. Those are actors.

Did I miss a post? Squeaky clean? DLS Admissions? What is this in reference too? Was something deleted off this thread?

I'm just going to say this, I don't have a kid at DLS, didn't graduate from DLS, and have zero dog in their fights. That said living in the area for over 30 year I have heard all the accusations, free rides, recruiting, etc...... I have never seen or heard of any punishment imposed against the school/program. That doesn't mean everything is on the up and up but it also doesn't mean they are like their neighbors up the road. Yes they get kids for Pitt, Etc, but so do other schools and they don't have the same success. It more about the program than the players.

Citing the Danville QB scheme so he could gain PT in this discussion (as pitiful as it were) is not relevant.
Where's the retraction of your claim 71% are from Catholic grammars?
And you've PM'd the dLS grad who posted about those transfers and refuted that?
Blurred lines? What about the XC stud soph commuting from Tracy (Tracy!) who had to sit out a year, yet you profess dLS is clean? Lemmon slam dunked you and him on that. FB is much fuzzier.
Jealousy? HS is for boys. Men play at the next level.
Excuses? Three trips against Sparta to the Coliseum. Appreciate the fact there are kids that don't back down from adversity and relish the chance to compete. I personally know Eidson embraces that and wouldn't for a second denigrate it. But you go ahead.

I'm just going to say this, I don't have a kid at DLS, didn't graduate from DLS, and have zero dog in their fights. That said living in the area for over 30 year I have heard all the accusations, free rides, recruiting, etc...... I have never seen or heard of any punishment imposed against the school/program. That doesn't mean everything is on the up and up but it also doesn't mean they are like their neighbors up the road. Yes they get kids for Pitt, Etc, but so do other schools and they don't have the same success. It more about the program than the players.
NCS handed out a one year varsity sit out penalty for a Tracy XC runner when it was ruled his commute from Tracy to dLS was athletically motivated. He ran V as a frosh so he sat out soph year.
IP- My analysis of your statements is we are a bunch of jaded public parents who got sick and tired of dLS FB winning every game. That is simply not true. Most of the school friends I made got psyched when week 10 would roll around. Our boys were pumped. We knew they were underdogs but the chance to win, and yes, our school was one that got closest, was competitively narcotic. We knew the Spartans were good AND well coached.
What grates is the parents who come on here and directly and indirectly write that open boundaries are no factor and kids with football lineage or youth football prowess somehow magically appear as unproven and UNKNOWN frosh. Blanket statements supporting that are either disingenuous or untruthful.

It is because De La Salle doesn't get its players from high school transfers. So delete that example. And as hated as DLS is? The DLS fan base is way bigger then the DLS nay Sayers. Just look at the message boards. There are probably no more than four anti-DLS posters on NorcalPreps and I am one of them. Even if Neil Hayes investigated how Cameron Colvin ended up at DLS, or any other player, who's story is he going to believe? The Pittsburg coaches? Colvin's guardians? Colvin himself? Joe Aliotti? Lad? Edison? Depends on the person asking. You going to believe the wounded lamb or the wolves with blood on their chins? Start asking enough lambs though and they'll start singing to you like you're Babe the pig! Maybe no one complaining is the same reason no one has beaten them the past 25 years. Maybe it's because Norcal is a bunch of marshmallows like Indian says. Front running glory chasers who see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. Maybe it is because DLS alumni Galli, Billeci, Walsh, McNally and Blanton don't want to tattle on their mentor. Maybe it's all of the above!

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
What grates
is the parents who come on here and directly and indirectly write that open boundaries are no factor and kids with football lineage or youth football prowess somehow magically appear as unproven and UNKNOWN frosh. Blanket statements supporting that are either disingenuous or untruthful.[/QUOTE]

Thanks 1315, I don't think it's ever been articulated better than that.

Last edited:
Didn't you guys know that DLS takes the human equivalents of Sea Biscuit genetically and through great coaching makes them champions. Very little talent, actually.........

NCS handed out a one year varsity sit out penalty for a Tracy XC runner when it was ruled his commute from Tracy to dLS was athletically motivated. He ran V as a frosh so he sat out soph year.
IP- My analysis of your statements is we are a bunch of jaded public parents who got sick and tired of dLS FB winning every game. That is simply not true. Most of the school friends I made got psyched when week 10 would roll around. Our boys were pumped. We knew they were underdogs but the chance to win, and yes, our school was one that got closest, was competitively narcotic. We knew the Spartans were good AND well coached.
What grates is the parents who come on here and directly and indirectly write that open boundaries are no factor and kids with football lineage or youth football prowess somehow magically appear as unproven and UNKNOWN frosh. Blanket statements supporting that are either disingenuous or untruthful.

Wait so your proof of shady actions by the school/football program is one cross country runner being ruled ineligible. If that's all you have I would have to say pretty clean program. Look at CV for example they have kids sit out every year, on probation, had practices taken, all in the span of a few years. That's shady in my opinion, DLS not even close.

It is because De La Salle doesn't get its players from high school transfers. So delete that example. And as hated as DLS is? The DLS fan base is way bigger then the DLS nay Sayers. Just look at the message boards. There are probably no more than four anti-DLS posters on NorcalPreps and I am one of them. Even if Neil Hayes investigated how Cameron Colvin ended up at DLS, or any other player, who's story is he going to believe? The Pittsburg coaches? Colvin's guardians? Colvin himself? Joe Aliotti? Lad? Edison? Depends on the person asking. You going to believe the wounded lamb or the wolves with blood on their chins? Start asking enough lambs though and they'll start singing to you like you're Babe the pig! Maybe no one complaining is the same reason no one has beaten them the past 25 years. Maybe it's because Norcal is a bunch of marshmallows like Indian says. Front running glory chasers who see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. Maybe it is because DLS alumni Galli, Billeci, Walsh, McNally and Blanton don't want to tattle on their mentor. Maybe it's all of the above!

Please show where I have called anybody a marshmallow? And frankly if these accusations were so wide spread why are we talking about less than a handful of players? Again my understanding is the bulk of their players start at DLS as freshman, and are not transfers. Yes I understand many are from Pitt,SR,etc, but same case can be made for every private institution in the state. (Same with charters) and I'm in now any a front runner I can't wait for a NorCal team to beat them. And I think it going to happen as I noted I think NorCal ball has improved greatly over the last 5-10 years.

Thanks 1315, I don't think it's ever been articulated better than that.[/QUOTE]

Truth in both statements. Yes there is a advantage. But to think its the sole reason is incorrect and takes away from the coaching, and hard work of the kids. If a open boundary was the secret plenty of schools have that without the success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT