ADVERTISEMENT

Boras Classic

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Some good baseball this week at Boras Classic.
Cardinal Newman starts 2-0 with 1-0 win over Oak Ridge and 10-4 win over Tracy.

Irish L to State 11th-ranked Stockdale (Bakersfield) 12-1.

In the second game of the doubleheader, St. Mary's (Stockton) beat Stockdale 7-1.

SHC L 4-3 to Casa Grande. Irish made a comeback in the 6th to get within one.

Last edited:
Some really good baseball. Oak Ridge goes 0-2 on day #1 and was ranked in top 20 in Norcal. Casa Grande has a history of putting a lot guys in college so don't feel bad Irish. Newman and Casa should open some eyes in this tourney. Speaking of there was plenty of college programs representing in the stands. A great opportunity to get noticed for these young men.

No everyone gets four games. You play two games on Monday OR two games on Tuesday followed by a game each on Wednesday and Thursday.

Cardinal Newman and St. Mary's-Stockton have advanced to the winner's bracket semi-finals on Wednesday night.

Baseball is a funny game and hard to predict. CN was 1-4 coming into the Boras Classic.

Last edited:
Baseball is really funny streak. I've watched a couple of the games and the first comment I would make is talent is insanely good. Very high level. Newman played a tough preseason so that record is a little misleading. (MV, SRV, and Campo).

Dunno, guys. 2-3 years back there were guys like Jared Horn, Andrew Vaughn, Ryan Kreidler, & Jeremy Ydens there.

Schools included Mitty, St. Francis, and Elk Grove.

Still lots of good players and teams, but at the risk of sounding like an old f_art, it's not what it used to be.

Dunno, guys. 2-3 years back there were guys like Jared Horn, Andrew Vaughn, Ryan Kreidler, & Jeremy Ydens there.

Schools included Mitty, St. Francis, and Elk Grove.

Still lots of good players and teams, but at the risk of sounding like an old f_art, it's not what it used to be.

I think Elk Grove drew some more teams than Oak Ridge does as the defacto host. Though Franklin never played until this year. I would agree the overall talent seems down

Irish L to Oak Ridge 6-5. Gave up 6 in the first but then came back within one.

Last edited:
Bellarmine vs Franklin game was a gem. Bells win in extra innings 3-2. Certainly no lack of talent in this game. Stands were full and scouts/college coaches all over. Franklin could be the team to beat in the greater sac area.
St Mary's of Stockton roared back against Newman after being down 2-0 and won 8-2 in 3rd place game.

Reactions: mrbig864
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT